Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by gphx

Jump to
ySense Customer Care CornerySense Knowledge CenterMembers LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by gphx

Net Neutrality » Post #6

Mon Jul 17, 2017 08:11 in General Talk

What'd be great is to remove the effective monopoly. In my area the choices are Centurylink DSL or Comcast Cable and both are terrible. Comcast is the most hated company in the country for a reason. If a third party or parties were encouraged or at least allowed to lay fiber in our neighborhood Centurylink and Comcast would be forced to compete or perish.

All I know is bigger government and more laws is rarely the solution. Competition almost always is.

Huge panic Bitcoin price dropping like a rock » Post #27

Mon Jul 17, 2017 08:01 in General Talk

If you look at a long term semilog chart you'll see bitcoin has had similar declines before as has any publicly traded stock or commodity. It's the rule not the exception. Declines are something to be planned for and taken advantage of. Volatility is opportunity.

Such volatility doesn't make bitcoin bad for sites such as Clixsense to accept. They can use services such as Bitpay which insulate them from the volatility by converting accepted funds immediately into their preferred currency. Fees for this are 1%, quite competitive with services such as Paypal.

Would You Please Tell Me Your Payment Preferences? » Post #24

Sat Jul 01, 2017 18:57 in General Talk

I'm in the US but my favorite payment options are:

Paypal
Bitcoin
Amazon gift cards

What I like about Clicksense » Post #1

Sat Jul 01, 2017 18:31 in General Talk

What I like most about Clicksense is their integrity.

At other PTC sites I've run into a lot of problems. I've gone to withdraw and been told my withdrawal exceeds
some relative return on investment and I have to deposit money in order to withdraw. What?

I've gone to withdraw and had my account closed shortly after making my first withdrawal and opening a ticket
to say it never arrived.

Clicksense has never disputed my earnings and have always paid them. Maybe not always as fast as I'd like but
they've paid them reliably every time for the more than six years I have been a member.

That's a foundation that's hard to beat. If leaving behind the shady PTC reputation earned by the scammy clones
allows Clixsense to be able to add new earning opportunities and maybe even snazzy payment APIs that can only
be a good thing.

All I'm saying is starting over with people of integrity instead of crooks is a good place to be. Let's give them a shot
and see what they can do next.

The new changes » Post #2

Sat Jul 01, 2017 18:16 in General Talk

I'm in the US and probably pretty close to an ideal demographic and I too rarely do surveys other than Pollfish anymore for the reasons you mentioned. Other sites pay me as much as 10 cents each for disqualified surveys while it isn't unusual for me to spend an hour in the survey section here and get nothing. Other sites also seem able to better prequalify users helping keep disqualifications from happening in the first place.

Maybe without being dragged down by click ads Clixsense will have the resources to improve such things. It must feel
like a big weight off their shoulders or so I hope anyway.

Meanwhile some of the passive offers are awesome. I've never done them but I hear some people make a
lot of money in a day with Crowdflower tasks. If available to people they might make a great substitute for ad clicks.

If they are able to improve the qualification rate and/or incentivize disqualifications that'd be amazing.

Ideally the changes we just saw enable great changes to come. Clixsense did a great job the first time around.
I'm looking forward to seeing Clixsense Part II. Clixsense has always been good. Maybe they'll pull off fantastic.

The end of ClixSense? » Post #24

Sat Jul 01, 2017 18:00 in General Talk

Overall I'm glad to see the site evolving with the times because that which doesn't evolve dies.

The same is true for us too. Not long ago I discovered the site has good features I wasn't utilizing.
Might be a good time to go back through the sections to see if anything useful has been missed.

As an example if it is available to you firing off a passive video player and letting it run is a lot easier
than clicking ads.

I don't have current referrals so I have no impact or opinion on those changes other than if you can get
your referrals running passive earning offers for hours instead of clicking a few ads for a few minutes
everyone should make a lot more money.

Reflections on changes » Post #6

Sat Jul 01, 2017 16:45 in General Talk

Arvind9 wrote: Oh cool 19 hours after the server reset I have made 0.052$ no surveys sounds great

Launching Adscend/Engagemetv and/or OfferToro/Videolab and just letting them run will get you a lot more than that if your devices and locality allow it.

Reflections on changes » Post #1

Sat Jul 01, 2017 14:43 in General Talk

I agree with all of the announced changes, whether I personally prefer an individual item or not, if they make the site profitable, stable, competitive, and in line with what newer sites are offering. Except one thing - the payment system.

My thought process of prioritizing many sites is this:

Q: Who pays the most for Engagemetv and Offertoro?

A: Clixsense and a few others. Cross dozens of other sites off the list. Good job Clixsense!

Q: Who pays automatically with a threshold I can set at $5 or less?

A: Not Clixsense

Clixsense is instead raising the minimum withdrawal and still keeping me waiting and wondering. Not trying to be critical, I'm trying to demonstrate how I and others may choose which site to use and how you can continue to make Clixsense the one. If Clixsense becomes like other offer sites the payment system becomes the glaring sore thumb. I could be wrong but improving the payment system could be the singular best 'bang for the buck' approach to retaining and even gaining users.

All that said congratulations on making an intelligent appraisal of the site and where it needs to go. Not everyone is capable of doing that with something they're so attached to. It took considerable intestinal fortitude. And I support it. The dust will settle and I think both the site and users will benefit from it. Just trying to point out one element that may have been left out that'd make the site even better, more competitive, and anoint it the preferred destination designation.

ClixSense needs your input » Post #118

Sat Apr 01, 2017 09:00 in General Talk

Just a thought - does it need to be either/or? Couldn't you keep Clixsense the same and start up a sister site called Offersense or something to implement the new ideas? Then you could see whether the new ideas work well for you without jeopardizing the main site and you could keep one or both depending on their resulting profitability.

ClixSense needs your input » Post #117

Sat Apr 01, 2017 08:45 in General Talk

If someone clicks all month for $2 then that $2 is obviously a big deal to them. In some areas outside the US 2 USD is a day's wages. I'm glad you're doing well and it's trivial to you but it doesn't seem fair to dismiss those for whom it is not.

ClixSense needs your input » Post #9

Fri Mar 31, 2017 08:41 in General Talk

Clixsense has made its name as one of the two best PTCs making it quite unique. As an Offerwall it'd be one in a sea of very many. If the site remains profitable I suggest staying a PTC. Removal of the PTC features would mean the site is effectively gone for me after six years of daily clicking. If it doesn't, roll with the changes. It's 'our' site but it's your life. It needs to be worth your effort in doing or it won't be any good to anyone. Meanwhile you just paid my cash out in Payza. It works just as well as Paypal. Other than three letters 'pal' to 'za' for me nothing has changed.

Bitcoin Thoughts » Post #1

Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:11 in General Talk

Others have suggested the use of bitcoin as a payment processor. A reply was made that bitcoin is an available redemption option through Tango Card. I just wanted to respectfully submit that may be missing the point.

The current Paypal issues are due to a third party, Paypal, revoking privileges. The advantage of bitcoin is there is no third party to revoke privileges. Once a wallet is loaded into the bitcoin client transaction privileges can't be revoked by anyone other than possibly by governmental prohibition.

I believe bitcoin has been recommended strongly because it solves the current dilemma - being shut down by the arbitrary decision of a third party. At least one multiyear PTC has been using it successfully, not to be named for obvious reasons.

Just some additional thoughts to consider.
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Jan 17, 2022 00:17:00 PST