Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkApp App App App - Bla Bla Bla
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
App App App App - Bla Bla Bla

#1 by valerie » Sat May 22, 2021 09:19

How many friggin Apps does one need? A better question, how many do they think we need?

Do you use a lot of apps?
valerie
Posts21,901
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,383
Likes Received19,620/8,279

#2 by josealvesjr » Sat May 22, 2021 09:41

valerie wrote: How many friggin Apps does one need? A better question, how many do they think we need?

Do you use a lot of apps?

No, I don´t. Only the ones which I consider useful and serve a real purpose, most are a pain in the butt and only slow down your phone.
josealvesjr
Posts1,693
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given424
Likes Received1,284/836

#3 by valerie » Sat May 22, 2021 09:43

I agree.
valerie
Posts21,901
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,383

#4 by Babbel90 » Sat May 22, 2021 11:04

I have more than 100 apps installed on my smartphone. I use about 10 of them constantly, 10 more occasionally and the rest never. :lol: I think I could remove most of them, there would be more space for music and photos.
Babbel90
Posts38
Member Since21 Dec 2019
Last Visit26 Jul 2021
Likes Given22
Likes Received28/12

#5 by valerie » Sat May 22, 2021 12:13

Yep, I think I would remove them if I had that many on my phone.

Some phones come with preinstalled apps that I never use but they are there.
valerie
Posts21,901
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,383

#6 by tasman1 » Sat May 22, 2021 15:45

Banks app only , they close branches on grand scale , as CBA Bank say , less branches , more profit and more dividends for investors
not sure there will be any bank branch soon
tasman1
Posts16,062
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,538
Likes Received15,914/8,277

#7 by Darkstar2 » Sat May 22, 2021 17:14

tasman1 wrote: Banks app only , they close branches on grand scale , as CBA Bank say , less branches , more profit and more dividends for investors
not sure there will be any bank branch soon

ahahaha yeah more dividends to investors and ZERO interests to customers - they only charge the big fees. Yes, bank branches are a dying breed - problem is these companies are not thinking of the older folks who are not exactly computer savvy all the time- but with technology now, the future is online - the only thing that will continue are ATM machines because of course, it's very difficult to withdraw cash money through an app :mrgreen: So ATMs and eventually they will remove that too when cash money is banned too - even though electronic money is preferred in more areas now, cash won't disappear just yet. You would think that banks would pay a higher interest rate with all the money they save by closing their physical locations- but NO, what am I thinking - of course all the extra savings will go to the greedy investors who expect higher returns year after year.

As far as apps, WELL, I only use the essentials, I don't have a single app installed which I do not use - and it's not always a good idea to install all those apps if you won't use them - some run background processes and drain your battery faster.

It wold be nice if they could also remove ATMs - and if you want to withdraw cash, all you would need is a printer, you make a withdrawal with your bank app, the bank app registers the legal tender data in the central computer and then prints highly secure and serialised bank note vouchers that can act as legal tender - these vouchers would contain the unique serial - they cannot be faked because unlike regular cash, the store clerks would need to scan the voucher and validate them. This could be a good transition from cash money to this form of physical money, for those who do not want to use electronic methods, and this way you would not have to go to an ATM to withdraw cash and get mugged or killed in the process.
Darkstar2
Posts17,098
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,208
Likes Received12,389/6,607

#8 by Arvind9 » Sat May 22, 2021 18:10

In India we still have bank branches all over the place and will remain because India is still 80% cash more than 85% still use cash many people survive on unaccounted money,many poor people dont have a bank account they dont earn anything what will they do with a bank they keep whatever cash they have athome,in India still nothing works properly netbanking is there but mostly its down or does not work properly one has to go to a bank branch,many apps are useless they can excess your personal information from your device your contacts location what you do on the net,why do you need apps that steal your information and give you nothing one should use the web for most things only pre-installed apps you can keep because they are mostly developed by the phone manufacturer you can disable apps you dont need through settings so that they dont run in the background and consume data and slow down your device you can install a good web browser in addition to what is pre-installed and couple of productivity apps just to keep you device running at the right speed your device will never crash or freeze if your software is updated regularly
Last edited by Arvind9 » Sat May 22, 2021 18:41 » edited 1 time in total
Arvind9
Posts4,747
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,904
Likes Received2,923/2,127

#9 by valerie » Sat May 22, 2021 18:16

I think the last time I used an ATM was over 3 years ago.
valerie
Posts21,901
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,383

#10 by Madison91 » Sat May 22, 2021 21:22

I have about 250 apps installed, for work and for life. :lol:
NFC stores access cards, work cards, bank cards, etc.
Madison91
Posts403
Member Since8 Apr 2019
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given296
Likes Received234/163

#11 by Chahat » Sat May 22, 2021 22:41

Arvind9 wrote: In India we still have bank branches all over the place and will remain because India is still 80% cash more than 85% still use cash many people survive on unaccounted money,many poor people dont have a bank account they dont earn anything what will they do with a bank they keep whatever cash they have athome,in India still nothing works properly netbanking is there but mostly its down or does not work properly one has to go to a bank branch,many apps are useless they can excess your personal information from your device your contacts location what you do on the net,why do you need apps that steal your information and give you nothing one should use the web for most things only pre-installed apps you can keep because they are mostly developed by the phone manufacturer you can disable apps you dont need through settings so that they dont run in the background and consume data and slow down your device you can install a good web browser in addition to what is pre-installed and couple of productivity apps just to keep you device running at the right speed your device will never crash or freeze if your software is updated regularly

In India now even beggar have a bank account.all gov faculty to poor ho directly to their bank account not by cash hand.poor get new house,marriage,toilets,poor farmers get amount in bank directly by gov. .I use more than 90 apss and 5 bank app.i do NetBanking its work fine.idont get any trouble.bank branches lot it's true but If they close branches this will also let people unemployed then Arvind will say also here souch unemployed and we r full up with poor and that's y we go to other country for work.people will never happy even if they get heaven of life. :lol:
Chahat
Posts78
Member Since12 Jul 2020
Last Visit7 Jul 2021
Likes Given13
Likes Received43/31

#12 by tasman1 » Sat May 22, 2021 23:58

Chahat wrote:
Arvind9 wrote: In India we still have bank branches all over the place and will remain because India is still 80% cash more than 85% still use cash many people survive on unaccounted money,many poor people dont have a bank account they dont earn anything what will they do with a bank they keep whatever cash they have athome,in India still nothing works properly netbanking is there but mostly its down or does not work properly one has to go to a bank branch,many apps are useless they can excess your personal information from your device your contacts location what you do on the net,why do you need apps that steal your information and give you nothing one should use the web for most things only pre-installed apps you can keep because they are mostly developed by the phone manufacturer you can disable apps you dont need through settings so that they dont run in the background and consume data and slow down your device you can install a good web browser in addition to what is pre-installed and couple of productivity apps just to keep you device running at the right speed your device will never crash or freeze if your software is updated regularly

In India now even beggar have a bank account.all gov faculty to poor ho directly to their bank account not by cash hand.poor get new house,marriage,toilets,poor farmers get amount in bank directly by gov. .I use more than 90 apss and 5 bank app.i do NetBanking its work fine.idont get any trouble.bank branches lot it's true but If they close branches this will also let people unemployed then Arvind will say also here souch unemployed and we r full up with poor and that's y we go to other country for work.people will never happy even if they get heaven of life. :lol:

It is not good to be happy , people who are happy never ask for better and in that situation world owner never give us anything
Only unhappy ask for more , and start revolution or use guillotinee for chop chop and change world :?

Apps . they must be destroyed like all technologis , please use sledgehammer if you do that :D
Last edited by tasman1 » Sun May 23, 2021 00:02 » edited 1 time in total
tasman1
Posts16,062
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,538
Likes Received15,914/8,277
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Dec 5, 2021 20:34:07 PST