Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkI was a stranger in town
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
I was a stranger in town

#1 by valerie » Wed May 19, 2021 20:17

Sort of.

I think I was the only one in Walmart wearing a face mask except for
the employees.

It was very strange.

And in that town just yesterday, it stated in the newspaper 6 new
cases of people with covid.

I don't get it. Are people really that stupid?

My theory is, it's guinea pig time.
valerie
Posts21,898
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,379
Likes Received19,617/8,277

#2 by Arvind9 » Wed May 19, 2021 20:37

Even here its being said by July the second wave will cool down and six months later there could be a third wave its going to take some time
Arvind9
Posts4,726
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,880
Likes Received2,900/2,114

#3 by tasman1 » Wed May 19, 2021 20:41

Valerie , why do you play alien , take of mask and be like rest , COVID is good , USA , Australian and rest of rich world economy are in best shape ever , 9 new billionare are produced since COVID come to the rescue ,
Last edited by tasman1 » Wed May 19, 2021 20:45 » edited 1 time in total
tasman1
Posts16,035
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,503
Likes Received15,867/8,261

#4 by valerie » Wed May 19, 2021 22:23

Also, lots of masks and hand sanitizer on clearance prices. :lol:
valerie
Posts21,898
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,379

#5 by Darkstar2 » Thu May 20, 2021 07:45

valerie wrote: Sort of.

I think I was the only one in Walmart wearing a face mask except for
the employees.

You can thank Biden for that :D Did you notice, whenever Trump says something absurd or takes crazy decisions, the whole media is bashing him, yet NOBODY is exposing or reporting Biden's hazardous, atrocious, dangerous decisions and actions as of late.........double standards ! Yeah I guess you heard Sir Biden, the pandemic is over, it never happened, you can all stop washing your hands, keep'em nice and filthy like before, no more wearing masks, no more distancing, you can party 24/7, you can all come out of COVID jail dear Americans, the virus is no more........ YOU SEE, Biden DID promise he would crush the virus during his campaign didn't he ? WELL, I guess then the whole world should thank him for ending the pandemic :oops: Oh well, at least Americans know who to blame when COVID relapse strikes with a vengeance in the fall........Unfortunately in Canada, our PM being the muppet that he is, is following along the same footsteps, BUT, in a more organised way, in phases I guess, some provinces have laid out a plan over the next few months, conditional to people following sanitary measures for the remainder of the summer, so for once, Canada is taking somewhat better decisions there, BUT, unfortunately in these plans, complete removal of masks mandate are there, I don't think it is a good idea to remove masks mandate until at least a full season, just to see if the vaccines work long term and for the virus to settle to numbers low enough, these politicians are clearly capitalising their self-wroth - it looks better on their popularity if they give people what they want, even though it is a lousy decision putting an entire country at risk, especially with the variants out there, which can reduce vaccine efficacy by 3x-4x. and now most people won't wear masks- what do you think this means Valerie ? It means the very few that do will be the focus of attention - so you alone with a mask in a store, what were people thinking, look at this lady she must have the plague or something, she must be very sick :mrgreen: Why can't we be inspired by Asian countries ? Masks should become the new norm for a while - NOBODY can predict if this virus will be seasonal or come back - one thing for sure, just pretending as if nothing happened and declaring victory is irresponsible and DANGEROUS, shame on Biden - but there again, Trump would have lifted the restrictions sooner :mrgreen: BUT the only difference with Trump is that he would have been called out all over the media - everything slides with Biden, he can do as he pleases, print trillions of $, no problems, he can manage to get the GOP on his side where no other democrat could before, wow if I didn't know better I'd think Biden is the AntiChrist :P

Quote:
It was very strange.

Indeed - next time wear a sign that says "I am not sick I don't have the plague, I'm just playing it safe" - have it printed on your clothes, front and back, and a sticky on the forehead :lol:

Quote:
And in that town just yesterday, it stated in the newspaper 6 new
cases of people with covid.

and this is how the Kentucky variant (triple mutation) will be born :P

Quote:
I don't get it. Are people really that stupid?

My theory is, it's guinea pig time.

Are you seriously asking this question ? The answer is clearly yes, when they voted for Biden thinking things would be better.

It's disappointing - Trump was known for downplaying the virus - in the beginning, Biden was known for taking the virus seriously - what happened ? Did Biden's team of experts sign off on this STUPIDITY ? Is Dr. Faucci, the grim reaper of medicine, on board with this ? It's like they lost their mind - I guess the midterms are coming, and the democrats want to secure their seats at all costs - what better way to get Republican support - because after all Biden's plan and decision regarding COVID19 might be the only thing in his political career where both parties agree..........

The reason Biden is taking these decisions is because he or his team is heavily relying on the vaccines !!!! Vaccines that NOBODY know their long term efficacy or side effects, vaccines that nobody really knows the TRUE efficacy against some variants other than assumptions and very limited sample studies.......... So it is one big gamble.
The answer will be in the fall - cases WILL go up, you can be sure of that - BUT......will hospitalisations and death go up proportionally ? If so, then this whole gamble was a failure, and yo u have to start the whole process over again...............BUT, if cases go up, but hospitalisations and deaths are at the same level as they are or lower, it means vaccines are working - in theory ALL vaccines have 100% efficacy against hospital and death - BUT no vaccine is 100% against the infection itself, which means COVID19 will still circulate, BUT in theory it should keep you safe from hospital and deaths- SO in the fall / winter if infections go up but hospital / deaths stay low, then the decision would have paid off - I guess they know the virus will never go away, like other viruses, but with community immunity, people can live with it. Problem is, how long do vaccines protect you ? Theory says up to 6 months, MAYBE more, it is that MAYBE part that concerns me.

Which is why it would have been more intelligent for Biden and his team to play it safe, just loosen a bit for the summer, but not remove all measures, and at least wait until the late fall season maybe winter, to see the progress on hospital / deaths - and decide then - I mean come on have they lost their mind ? it takes 75% for herd immunity, maybe 85% for variants - 2 days ago, 38.x % of Americans were vaccinated - that's far less than half, how the HELL is it possible to lift restrictions with such a low vaccination coverage !?!?!?!? Some provinces in Canada have more than 50% vaccination, and expect 75%+ by mid summer, which is essentially herd immunity, wow I cannot believe that Canada that was in 14th place in vaccination, might be at the top. Very disappointing, how can you take Biden or Faucci or any other "expert" seriously now ? One minute they predict doomsday and say that you need 75% rate to create herd immunity, next minute, they are signing off on lifting all measures, with only a 38% rate, this is crazy insane. Masks play the most important part in preventing spread of the virus, remove that, and remove distancing rules, and people act like pandemic is over, and if / when the shit hits the fan in the fall, I hope people will know who to blame this time - but it sucks for the rest of the suckers who took 2 painful jabs in the arm, because those vaccines will be good for nothing...................so what next, 2 more jabs of new vaccines, 6-8 more months of lockdown ?
Biden and Yellen should keep their pie traps shut - Those mid-terms cannot come soon enough, let's hope the GOP won't f*** up this time !
Darkstar2
Posts17,078
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,201
Likes Received12,376/6,600

#6 by valerie » Thu May 20, 2021 11:33

It's the end of the world! Run for you lives!!!

Wait!

No where to run. :?

Housing prices skyrocketed
Gasoline prices skyrocketed
Food prices skyrocketed

17 year cicadas, two headed worms, asian fish, tornados, floods, earthquakes, global warming, fish falling from sky, rivers turning red, extinction of animals, pollinator bees reduction, obesity, heart disease, cancers, fertilizers, insecticides, pollution, racism, gender class, she came out, he came out, he doesn't know if he/she should come out, children under ten years old having sex changes, organized religions, disorganized religions, political correctness, watch what you say, don't say it, say it, and all that really matters is......TECHNOLOGY that has gotten us WORSE than we have ever been since humanity began.

Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction - YouTube
valerie
Posts21,898
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,379

#7 by josealvesjr » Thu May 20, 2021 14:07

valerie wrote: It's the end of the world! Run for you lives!!!

Wait!

Food prices skyrocketed

17 year cicadas, two headed worms, asian fish, tornados, floods, earthquakes, global warming, fish falling from sky, rivers turning red, extinction of animals, pollinator bees reduction, obesity, heart disease, cancers, fertilizers, insecticides, pollution, racism, gender class, she came out, he came out, he doesn't know if he/she should come out, children under ten years old having sex changes, organized religions, disorganized religions, political correctness, watch what you say, don't say it, say it, and all that really matters is......TECHNOLOGY that has gotten us WORSE than we have ever been since humanity began.

Technology is a blessing and a curse. But with the rate of new technologies on a continual basis, what gives people access to more information at a faster rate than ever, society is reaching a point where there is just too much stuff to absorb. Many go berserk. You buy a new device today and tomorrow it is already outdated, it is the consumption society and it is only just beginning but it will definitely result in KABOOOOOOOOM
josealvesjr
Posts1,691
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given424
Likes Received1,283/835

#8 by tasman1 » Thu May 20, 2021 15:39

josealvesjr wrote:

Wait!

Food prices skyrocketed

Technology is a blessing and a curse. But with the rate of new technologies on a continual basis, what gives people access to more information at a faster rate than ever, society is reaching a point where there is just too much stuff to absorb. Many go berserk. You buy a new device today and tomorrow it is already outdated, it is the consumption society and it is only just beginning but it will definitely result in KABOOOOOOOOM

Just short note
Last year I did buy 6 ink printers and put in rubbish bin 6 printers [ my Son use it a lot ]
Reason , ink black and white and color cost combined 80. 00 + , new printer cost 25-30

2 toaster gone to bin , still under warranty , shipping cost 40.00 , toaster cost 30.00 and much much more

Nothing last , this year started renting bigger rubbish bin from council , cost me extra 80.00 per year ,, lots of new stuff will finish there , 25% of stuff you buy is not working , nothing last

Recycling ....... good idea to help recycling company to earn 800 million in profit , nooooo , put in in rubbish bin , like me ,no recycling , never ,
I use plastic bag , many , many , they are so fragile and break , so if I buy 5 apples I take 5 bags from shop , 1 apple for each apple , they do not care , why I must care ?

Think it is time for humans to vanish , we are just bad worms , nature vomit , Earth biggest mistake ever
tasman1
Posts16,035
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,503
Likes Received15,867/8,261

#9 by Madison91 » Thu May 20, 2021 17:24

There's nothing wrong with protecting yourself. 8-)
Madison91
Posts403
Member Since8 Apr 2019
Last VisitToday
Likes Given293
Likes Received234/163

#10 by Darkstar2 » Thu May 20, 2021 20:02

Wait!

If you can build an Igloo and can stand cold weather, there's always the North Pole, I'm sure there are lots of places on this earth, remote areas most people don't know exist, that are paradise like and probably have not heard of the COVID19 Holocaust :P

Besides what do you want to run from ? Biden the Messiah is in power now, he fixed everything right ? No more pandemic, no more poverty, no more crime, no mo violence, no more terrorism, so why run when you are all taken care of - I hope that my subtle sarcasm is somewhat obvious :mrgreen:

Quote:

Yes - a 1 room studio 300 sqft cardboard box, $250,000. For a sand castle, add another $250k. If you want an actual home infested with mold, rats, rodents and in dire need of repairs, $1 million. Torn down, shitty $100k properties are now going for $700k and above - and a bunch of IDIOTS are spending money buying that garbage, not realising they are contributing to the problem, so even the hard working person earning a decent income cannot afford such a thing, the whole housing market is a gigantic scam - so much that even financially comfortable people are forced to live in the ghetto - and you would have to be filthy rich to afford subpar properties, run down overvalued crap, and with higher valuation comes higher property tax to add to it. Let's hope the banks don't make the same mistakes and hand out mortgages to people who can never possibly pay their home on their 80 year mortgage plan :P

Quote:

Yep, it's usually higher in the summer, it usually settles and goes lower sometimes, it's about offer and demand.
In the fall when COVID19 comes back with a vengeance and people start working from home again, you can expect gas prices to go back down............

Quote:
Food prices skyrocketed

Another big scam by the industry - corn & soy, 90% more expensive, meat 50-75%, even horse manure :P
Pretty soon the air we breath will be more expensive too, they might tax us based on amount of air we breath.

Quote:

Indeed I think we are in the precursor to end times - the shit has begun to hit the fan and it stinks badly. If nobody can see what is going on, then they are living in fantasy land ....... As far as fish that is falling from the sky, hopefully it is good fish :mrgreen:
Darkstar2
Posts17,078
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,201

#11 by Arvind9 » Thu May 20, 2021 20:03

How did face masks come into existence it goes this way
God and Satan were having tea
GOD these humans crap a lot
Satan after all you made them
God ok but something has to be done
Satan simple make them wear their own undergarments over their face
God you have a very creative mind
Satan wonder who made you god we are more intelligent

We created god he created face mask to stop us from crapping
Arvind9
Posts4,726
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,880
Likes Received2,900/2,114

#12 by Darkstar2 » Thu May 20, 2021 20:10

Tasman1 you said you threw a lot of printers in the rubbish ibin - That many ? What are you doing to those poor printers ? :lol: Were they EPSON printers by any chance ? Yes the ink cartridge industry is a big rip-off, a scam, oh wait my bad, I forgot, "free enterprise: you can rip off your customers as long as they are aware of the price" silly me :D Those bloody ink cartridges cost more than the printer itself - I use an all in 1 EPSON printer, it's been running great for the last 5-6 years, and I use 3rd party inks and cartridges, I get them from a reliable supplier here in Canada, the inks are QUALITY, not the generic crap, I've done lots of printing with it and the colours are virtually identical to the EPSON ones, the inks, a fraction of the cost, for the price of a set of new cartridges, I can get bottles that can last me 10-15 refills. There is a LOT of 3rd party JUNK, be careful, the ones I use are reliable and even though the cartridges are made in China, though I think they are great actually no issues, the inks I use are made in the US, been using this method for years now, with the same printer and printed LOTS with it, and it is like new. I did have issues with old EPSON printers breaking down within a year or less than 2 years, but the newer all in one printer I use is sturdy and still works.

Printers require care and maintenance - if you don't print pages on a regular basis, you can dry up the nozzles and run into problems later.
Darkstar2
Posts17,078
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,201

#13 by josealvesjr » Fri May 21, 2021 03:38

tasman1 wrote:
josealvesjr wrote:

Wait!

Food prices skyrocketed

Just short note
Last year I did buy 6 ink printers and put in rubbish bin 6 printers [ my Son use it a lot ]
Reason , ink black and white and color cost combined 80. 00 + , new printer cost 25-30

2 toaster gone to bin , still under warranty , shipping cost 40.00 , toaster cost 30.00 and much much more

Nothing last , this year started renting bigger rubbish bin from council , cost me extra 80.00 per year ,, lots of new stuff will finish there , 25% of stuff you buy is not working , nothing last

Recycling ....... good idea to help recycling company to earn 800 million in profit , nooooo , put in in rubbish bin , like me ,no recycling , never ,
I use plastic bag , many , many , they are so fragile and break , so if I buy 5 apples I take 5 bags from shop , 1 apple for each apple , they do not care , why I must care ?

Think it is time for humans to vanish , we are just bad worms , nature vomit , Earth biggest mistake ever

Tasman, I have a Canon ink printer and use it daily, indeed the cartridge is the most costly part of the printer. I perforated a tiny hole (enough for a syringe to pass through) in the cartridge and when ever it runs dry I refill it with ink out of a flask and a syringe I bought. It works all the time. It is a big money saver....... It can be a bit messy sometimes but it is worth it. Just google "how to refill an ink cartridge " and you will find the answer for any kind of printer/cartridge type. Good luck
josealvesjr
Posts1,691
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given424
Likes Received1,283/835

#14 by Darkstar2 » Fri May 21, 2021 06:35

josealvesjr wrote:
tasman1 wrote:
josealvesjr wrote:

Wait!

Food prices skyrocketed

Just short note

Tasman, I have a Canon ink printer and use it daily, indeed the cartridge is the most costly part of the printer. I perforated a tiny hole (enough for a syringe to pass through) in the cartridge and when ever it runs dry I refill it with ink out of a flask and a syringe I bought. It works all the time. It is a big money saver....... It can be a bit messy sometimes but it is worth it. Just google "how to refill an ink cartridge " and you will find the answer for any kind of printer/cartridge type. Good luck

Ah yes Canon printer, had one in the past, problem is the heads are built into the cartridges, which makes them more expensive - eventually you will need to change the cartridges themselves as the heads wear out faster than the ones built into printers. That's when I noticed the huge difference in quality between my old Canon and new EPSON printer. There are also alternatives, EPSON makes printers with bulk ink solutions, i.e. Eco Tank, which uses ink tanks instead of actual cartridges, that's a great solution to save money and still use genuine ink :) Problem is, these printers cost more money.
Darkstar2
Posts17,078
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,201

#15 by valerie » Fri May 21, 2021 20:37

Ok..... Printers.......

HP printers are good.

I also have a Canon that has ink wells. The bottles of ink are inexpensive
and the ink lasts an extremely long time.
valerie
Posts21,898
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,379
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Nov 30, 2021 22:50:41 PST