Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkHad Covid Test Today
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Had Covid Test Today

#1 by valerie » Fri Apr 02, 2021 08:37

Guess it will be an easy memory since it is Good Friday.

If you are concerned about having the Covid testing, don't be.

It's not like a q-tip.

The stick is very thin, smaller than a round toothpick. The end has a tiny brush on it.
The brush is smaller than a dental brush flosser but looks similar.

Since it is the first test I had, they swab both nostrils. It takes a split second per nostril.
It does not hurt. There is only a very slight sting, enough to make the eye water. Then
they do the other nostril, again, a slight sting and slight eye water.

So don't be afraid of the test. I actually found it interesting.
valerie
Posts21,901
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,383
Likes Received19,617/8,277

#2 by Arvind9 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 08:43

But if you got the first vaccine dose why do you need a test the whole purpose of a vaccine is reduced to nothing,if people take a vaccine and still need to be tested then everything becomes a joke
Arvind9
Posts4,738
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,890
Likes Received2,909/2,121

#3 by josealvesjr » Fri Apr 02, 2021 09:19

Arvind9 wrote: But if you got the first vaccine dose why do you need a test the whole purpose of a vaccine is reduced to nothing,if people take a vaccine and still need to be tested then everything becomes a joke

It typically takes a few weeks for the body to build immunity (protection against the virus that causes COVID-19) after vaccination. That means it’s possible a person could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 just before or just after vaccination and still get sick. This is because the vaccine has not had enough time to provide protection.
josealvesjr
Posts1,691
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given424
Likes Received1,283/835

#4 by Arvind9 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 09:35

Yes but everywhere vaccines that are being given are not going to prevent infection because they are just an emergency requirement not a solution;in some countries vaccines have been stopped because of complications,the vaccine being given everywhere in the world are from the same Pharmaceutical company they will only boost immunity and prevent from getting seriously sick;no one has as yet come out with a proper vaccine to address the problem because it will take a long time for that,and governments think by that time half the world will be dead
Arvind9
Posts4,738
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,890

#5 by josealvesjr » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:13

Arvind9 wrote: Yes but everywhere vaccines that are being given are not going to prevent infection because they are just an emergency requirement not a solution;in some countries vaccines have been stopped because of complications,the vaccine being given everywhere in the world are from the same Pharmaceutical company they will only boost immunity and prevent from getting seriously sick;no one has as yet come out with a proper vaccine to address the problem because it will take a long time for that,and governments think by that time half the world will be dead

Well, they are not from the same pharmaceutical company but to develop vaccines or any kind of medication that takes years and that is not what the world has.
Not one produced/developed vaccine (Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zeneca etc) at the moment is completely safe and tested and went succesfully through all the 3 phases of testing, peer reviews and their side effects are still not (completely) clear and known.
Medical Science during the phase and process of world wide vaccination is learning every day more about any shortcomings and side effects of these vaccines.
In normal circumstances these are part of the development process before approval by p.e U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and you will find on the medicine flask or box a prescribing information or patient information leaflet which informs about any side effects etc. Due to lack of time at the moment that is not the case. But again take the vaccine.
josealvesjr
Posts1,691
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given424
Likes Received1,283/835

#6 by valerie » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:26

In my State in which I live, the governor has made a law.
The law is, anyone that is going to have invasive surgery, must take a Covid test first.

Since I am having a colonoscopy Monday, I had to take the covid test today.

Tuesday, I take the Pfizer second dose/shot for covid.
valerie
Posts21,901
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,383

#7 by Arvind9 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 16:02

josealvesjr wrote:
Arvind9 wrote: Yes but everywhere vaccines that are being given are not going to prevent infection because they are just an emergency requirement not a solution;in some countries vaccines have been stopped because of complications,the vaccine being given everywhere in the world are from the same Pharmaceutical company they will only boost immunity and prevent from getting seriously sick;no one has as yet come out with a proper vaccine to address the problem because it will take a long time for that,and governments think by that time half the world will be dead

Well, they are not from the same pharmaceutical company but to develop vaccines or any kind of medication that takes years and that is not what the world has.
Not one produced/developed vaccine (Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zeneca etc) at the moment is completely safe and tested and went succesfully through all the 3 phases of testing, peer reviews and their side effects are still not (completely) clear and known.
Medical Science during the phase and process of world wide vaccination is learning every day more about any shortcomings and side effects of these vaccines.
In normal circumstances these are part of the development process before approval by p.e U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and you will find on the medicine flask or box a prescribing information or patient information leaflet which informs about any side effects etc. Due to lack of time at the moment that is not the case. But again take the vaccine.

Even in India the same vaccines are being given as mentioned in your post,even the Indian government sent it to Brazil,China has its own vaccine none that the world is taking but they are giving their citizens incentive like concessions for various government schemes to encourage people to take it because its common the world over people are skeptical about the vaccines that are being given because they are not completely developed
Arvind9
Posts4,738
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,890

#8 by valerie » Fri Apr 02, 2021 18:08

Test Results:

Component Your Value Standard Range Flag
COVID19 Not Detected
Not Detected - Ref. Range
General Information
Ordered by John A. Dacosta, MD
Collected on 04/02/2021 9:05 AM from Nasopharynx (Swab)
Resulted on 04/02/2021 2:10 PM
Result Status: Final result
valerie
Posts21,901
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,383

#9 by tasman1 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 18:32

valerie wrote: Test Results:

Component Your Value Standard Range Flag
COVID19 Not Detected
Not Detected - Ref. Range
General Information
Ordered by John A. Dacosta, MD
Collected on 04/02/2021 9:05 AM from Nasopharynx (Swab)
Resulted on 04/02/2021 2:10 PM
Result Status: Final result

Cool , I see mimum one member from ySense will live and stay here ...... ySense future is secured [ for this info hope we all get 50% bonus for a year here], thanks to Valerie
tasman1
Posts16,048
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,513
Likes Received15,890/8,268

#10 by Darkstar2 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 20:15

valerie wrote: Guess it will be an easy memory since it is Good Friday.

If you are concerned about having the Covid testing, don't be.

It's not like a q-tip.

I don't ever imagine myself getting a test, they poke a long stick into your nose, reach the far reaches of your brain stem and then they rub, in hopes of catching some of that virus. I heard some testimony of people having had the test that they lost some sense of smell due to the damage done by the stick - I haven't heard anybody say it was a pleasant experience - I mean people who pick their nose, it's nothing like that, try inserting something long in there, you get that natural contraction reflex - it's basically the same feeling like when you don't pinch your nose and you go under water - they stick it so deep if you are lucky, they might get some of that gray matter too :D

So why'd you get tested Valerie, did you get symptoms of COVID19 ? Fever, shortness of breath etc ? I don't believe these tests are 100% accurate anyway, there are false positives and false negatives. There are other methods of testing for those that don't like having 3 feet stick shoved up their brain stem through their nose. And people who don't want to get the vaccine because you are scared of the needle, WELL, I'm sure it's far less painful than getting your brain stem poked :mrgreen:

Quote:
The stick is very thin, smaller than a round toothpick. The end has a tiny brush on it.
The brush is smaller than a dental brush flosser but looks similar.

I guess it depends on each country or WHO is doing the procedure, I've heard horror stories here. People here are frustrated full of rage and fed up of this China virus pandemic - so they are likely getting out their frustration on patients.

Quote:
Since it is the first test I had, they swab both nostrils. It takes a split second per nostril.
It does not hurt. There is only a very slight sting, enough to make the eye water. Then
they do the other nostril, again, a slight sting and slight eye water.

So don't be afraid of the test. I actually found it interesting.

Yep that "sting" similar to going under water without pinching your nose :D Here, the government encourages everybody who has doubts or symptoms to go get tested, but also if for some reason you need to go to the hospital even for non COVID19 related, it is protocol to automatically get tested on admission.
Darkstar2
Posts17,084
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,202
Likes Received12,379/6,602

#11 by Darkstar2 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 20:36

Arvind9 wrote: But if you got the first vaccine dose why do you need a test the whole purpose of a vaccine is reduced to nothing,if people take a vaccine and still need to be tested then everything becomes a joke

This is a dangerous way of thinking - the vaccine is not the holy grail that will end the pandemic, the virus will continue to go around, you CAN still get infected the same way as without a vaccine, and you CAN still spread it to others during that gap before your body neutralises the virus, the vaccine does not stop the virus, it just protects you from the complications of the virus, such as severe symptoms, hospital, and death. No vaccine is 100% fool proof despite the claims, but the good news is, that the efficacy is far higher than the Flu vaccine which is 40-60%.

It takes an initial 2 weeks for the vaccine to do its thing, for your body to start producing antibodies, and it takes up to 4 weeks or sometimes longer depending on each case, to get the full effect of the 1st dose. It's not push a vaccine in you and you are protected this is not science fiction :P You are still just as vulnerable as you were before the vaccine, until your body has developed the antibodies, and that takes time, which is why they keep telling stubborn people out there to keep wearing their masks, wash their nasty hands, keep distance and follow the damn rules. In theory, even with 1 dose, you have good protection after 4 weeks, BUT that protection fades away quickly, which is why you need that booster shot (2nd dose) to prime your body to produce more antibodies - and from that 2nd dose you should in theory have the full protection (BUT.......... for how long, nobody knows).

Now with those F............. variants out there, the game has changed, whilst those vaccines still offer good enough protection, their efficacy is reduced, and the day could come that so many variants could come out that may render vaccine useless, this WILL happen if vaccines continue to be at their current pace........... There is now the UK variant, South African, Brazil, Nigeria and Arizona (new one being studied), some of them are feared to be resistant to vaccines, bringing down their efficacy down big time, this shit is not over, and there is documented cases where people have had COVID more than 2 times ! This is scary, it's likely in a few months you will need another vaccine for the variants, and eventually seasonal booster shots, this virus is out of control and it's all thanks to the IDIOTS, the MORONS, the WASTES OF DNA CELLS who purposely defy rules to cater to their own needs and not give a shit about others..........and nobody seems to give a shit that China is taking advantage of this world pandemic, the whole world does not seem to give a rat's arse - WELL, we will be spending the next 5-10 years cycling between opening / closing / lockdowns, etc people will never "GET IT"........

Only 100 million Americans have had the vaccine, that is NOT f........... good enough, the whole vaccine rollout was a big sham, whilst the big pharmas are the ones who made BILLIONS of $, and 1/3 of America being vaccinated ain't good enough - the variants are quickly winning the race. The only way to stop this madness is for vaccination to outpace the mutations, this will stop the virus! but no, you can't reach community immunity with only 10-30% of your population getting the bloody vaccine. So much for Biden's pathetic 100 first days in power, with his messed priorities, he did say he had a plan to crush the virus, hmmm interesting, pretty soon the variants will cause many states to shut down completely, right now Biden is more concerned over his green shit economy, solar panels and electric cars, oh yeah and printing trillions of $ to help people - band aid solution instead of putting his entire focus on getting America free of this China GENOCIDE of COVID19 !!!!

In Canada things are not any better, as usual we are always last, we are 43rd place, because we have a corrupt, PUPPET and no good government.......At least the FDA was smart to hold back on approving this AstraShit vaccine which BTW has a very low efficacy compared to the other vaccines, but no, not in Canada, our muppet of PM ordered millions upon millions of doses I guess Canada likes to settle for a cheap vaccine with a lower efficacy compared to Pfizer and Moderna, at least the US did something right, they are giving the top vaccines, which have the highest efficacy against the variants compared to the Astra and J&J crap !!! and now Astra has changed their name to VaxZevria or something like that, same vaccine new name as if people will be fooled and forget about the fiasco.......it's the same turd rolled in glitter :D

You know why this pandemic will continue through 2022-2023, because people think that the vaccine is the miracle cure......... once people get the damn vaccine they will rmeove their masks, they will gather in crowds and pretend nothing happened - Most people don't know that they can still spread this bloody virus to others ! Some people can be truly a lot of selfish c**ts ! If everybody worse the f..... mask and followed guidelines, the virus would have nowhere to spread and we'd be long out of this pandemic, this whole pandemic has done my nut in, as with millions of people around the world who have followed the rules and paying the price for a lot of clueless gits who still think this virus is not real.
Darkstar2
Posts17,084
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,202

#12 by Darkstar2 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 20:47

Again wrong on all counts - First, there are many vaccines out there now, not all use the same method - The newest methods used are mRNA, by Pfizer and Moderna, and these vaccines have the highest efficacy and the most promising, because they use your own body's cells to manufacture the actual vaccine. What you are being injected with is the actual RNA code (kind of like a temporary software that enters your cells) and instructs your cells to build the spike protein similar to the one used in the COVID19 virus, training your immunity to recognise commonalities of this spike protein when it encounters it, which is why for now, these vaccines are still effective against variants, as long as the changes are not too big. with mRNA, these companies can adapt new vaccines within weeks against variants, where it would take other vaccine makers far longer. The software code they inject in your cells is temporary and fades rather rapidly, so they are safe. As far as I know it is the AstraZeneca vaccine that was stopped due to some reported cases of blood clots, as far as Pfizer and Moderna, complications are rare, it's mostly down to severe allergic reactions, it does not mean the vaccine is bad - some people just develop allergic reactions, but other than that severe complications from the vaccine is far less than 1%, it's tiny.......in fact you have more risk from getting that shot at the dentist :D The only risk nobody knows about is LONG TERM effects of the vaccine since they skipped this phase, BUT....................remember your risks especially now with the variants, are far far far greater if you don't take the vaccine - the new variants are so much more contagious, and kill more. Vaccines DO work, majority of the elderly have been vaccinated, and now majority of COVID19 cases are teens and adults, and when a 30 year old goes into the ICU, they usually spend months there, not days, so it is a big problem for hospitals, more and more younger people getting admitted and holding the beds for months on !!!! This is why the vaccine is important, the goal of the vaccine is not to end this pandemic, not yet, it is to bring hospital cases down, down, down, down............ so technically, you can see cases skyrocket, but hospital admissions to remain STABLE and not rise proportionally. THIS is the goal of the vaccine, BUT during this time, people have to wear the F****** mask !!!!
Darkstar2
Posts17,084
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,202

#13 by tasman1 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 17:25

darkstar.........people have to wear the F****** mask !!!!

Agree 100% , Once upon time some 60 years ago I did wear a mask, I was playing ZORO [ movie character ] in kindergarten play , it was cool
tasman1
Posts16,048
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,513

#14 by josealvesjr » Sat Apr 03, 2021 17:29

tasman1 wrote: darkstar.........people have to wear the F****** mask !!!!

Agree 100% , Once upon time some 60 years ago I did wear a mask, I was playing ZORO [ movie character ] in kindergarten play , it was cool

How about the cape and hat? Did you also had that little moustache? :lol: :lol:

Don Tasman Diego de la Vega :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by josealvesjr » Sat Apr 03, 2021 17:36 » edited 2 times in total
josealvesjr
Posts1,691
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given424
Likes Received1,283/835

#15 by tasman1 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 17:41

josealvesjr wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: , good one
tasman1
Posts16,048
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,513

#16 by josealvesjr » Sat Apr 03, 2021 17:48

tasman1 wrote:
josealvesjr wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: , good one

When you think about these series like Zorro and Batman and Robin who were they fooling with these outfits and masks?
Even a child could recognize them,but sergeant Garcia or the police commisioner had no clue.
josealvesjr
Posts1,691
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given424
Likes Received1,283/835

#17 by Darkstar2 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:17

I bet it was, Tasman1, you were 7 years old, and at the time there were no infectious diseases and people gasping for their last breath in an ICU - See the difference ? COVID19 is not a PLAY, this is real life, yes I agree that the people are taking advantage and using this pandemic to control the masses, but the virus is real, and no Tasman1, the vaccine is not the Mark of the Beast, not yet, there are things that need to happen first, before the Mark of the Beast, that have not happened yet, although the whole thing could be a precursor to what's to come.

So you have a choice, not take the vaccine and live in a world where variants multiply and threaten to kill you, because let's face it, this virus is not going to disappear, just like many other perpetual viruses that never disappeared. and COVID19 variants are worse than the flu, far far worse. Not saying we should trust big pharmas, but do we have a choice ? And no I don't think the vaccines contain a microchip, they don't need to inject microchips inside of us, they can include those chips in the foods we eat or in our clothing or in all electronic products we use.

All this conspiracy garbage is doing is delaying the pandemic even further - and hurting innocent people. YES this pandemic is politics and money, YES big pharmas want everybody to get the vaccine so they can become filthy rich, but keep in mind vaccines has saved billions of lives before, it doesn't matter whether this virus was leaked, created or what not, the vaccine is saving lives and will continue to save lives.......and no, this is not yet the Mark of the beast, if it were, I'd say F*** that, I would not take it, and besides I am still reluctant in taking it, because this vaccine was not tested for LONG TERM health issues, BUT there again I am thinking to myself, do I want to spend my entire g......... life wearing a mask and isolating by fear of catching one of 1000 different COVID19 mutations, NOPE, I wanna live, so I have no choice. The only time I will refuse something and give my life, is when that time comes for people to receive the mark of the beast.....that time is coming soon though.......

You are lucky you live on a remote island where the number of COVID19 cases are virtually none, but if you lived in Brazil, US or Canada or other countries with the highest infection rate, you would have died a long time ago, because with variants, it takes so little to get infected, it's a whole different pandemic inside a pandemic.

So there are 2 choices.

1) Get the vaccine and be protected against COVID19 and its variants for AT LEAST the next 6 months or more.

or

2) Take a chance and play Russian roulette, you may get infected and survive it like most do, OR you may be UNLUCKY and end up in the hospital for 3 months hooked to a machine BEGGING to breath and live.

and if you DO survive, you have a 30-50% chance of experiencing Long-COVID19, these are the residual long term, sometimes permanent effects of COVID19, constant fatigue and weakness, shortness of breath, mysterious diseases, crippling pain for months and months on and maybe forever too. and ALL OF THAT could be avoided with a simple vaccine, and at the same time you contribute to making governments and pharmas rich, BUT you get to live a so-called normal life without counting the days to your last breath.
Darkstar2
Posts17,084
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,202

#18 by sonyjmn » Sun Apr 18, 2021 03:35

Deleted
Last edited by sonyjmn » Sun Apr 18, 2021 03:41 » edited 1 time in total
sonyjmn
Posts7,766
Member Since25 Sep 2012
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,452
Likes Received5,139/3,044

#19 by Arvind9 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 03:42

Chief Minister is vaccinated but he is still Covid19 positive the vaccine does not prevent infection it only reduces your risk of dying they advertise please wear your mask after taking the vaccine WHY same rules apply even after taking the vaccine because its effectiveness is not shure on different people
Arvind9
Posts4,738
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,890
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Dec 3, 2021 08:31:38 PST