Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkFirst C-19 Vac Today
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
First C-19 Vac Today

#1 by valerie » Tue Mar 16, 2021 14:46

I had my first Pfizer (covid) vaccine today.

There was something so strange about it. It was at the hospital and people were
coming and going one after the other. Temp check, answer questions, fill out a
paper, go around, follow the floor x's, wait for an empty computer, go to computer,
woman asks more questions, answer questions, go around another line, listen to
someone relay info about the shot, move along the line, get papers about the vaccine,
go down another line, wait for an empty shot table, go to shot table, answer questions,
get a card with shot date, get shot in arm, go down another line, take a seat for 15
minutes, then leave.

Fun was had by all. :mrgreen:
valerie
Posts21,901
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,383
Likes Received19,617/8,277

#2 by tasman1 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 15:07

Maybe you will understand and connect this post

Ambulance crew attended on average over 20 emergency places in single night , avg wait for ambulance here was 20 min

Now they can attend only 3 in single night , average wait for ambulance now is over 3 hours

Turn patient in bed in hospital was job for 2 nurses , it takes now ONLY 8

To finish ... nobody now can stop bushfires , WHY ???? Average firefighters weight is now ONLY 180 kilogram
tasman1
Posts16,055
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,525
Likes Received15,904/8,274

#3 by valerie » Tue Mar 16, 2021 22:37

Very sore right shoulder at injection.

Slight sore throat.
valerie
Posts21,901
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,383

#4 by tasman1 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 22:56

Please report here daily for next 30 day at 8.00 AM , we just want to be sure you are ok
tasman1
Posts16,055
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,525
Likes Received15,904/8,274

#5 by Madison91 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 00:01

My college friend in New York chose the JJ(Johnson & Johnson) vaccine for just one shot. He had a high fever for a day after the vaccine and then was fine. He was afraid of getting confused by the fever and did Fourier Transform calculation problems to clear his head during that time :lol: . Is the vaccine randomly assigned over in the US?
Madison91
Posts403
Member Since8 Apr 2019
Last VisitToday
Likes Given296
Likes Received234/163

#6 by suraraj » Wed Mar 17, 2021 01:12

tasman1 wrote: Please report here daily for next 30 day at 8.00 AM , we just want to be sure you are ok

:lol: :lol:
suraraj
Posts970
Member Since24 Nov 2017
Last VisitToday
Likes Given212
Likes Received815/544

#7 by valerie » Wed Mar 17, 2021 06:34

tasman1 wrote: Please report here daily for next 30 day at 8.00 AM , we just want to be sure you are ok

I'll try to do that Doctor Big Foot.

:lol:
valerie
Posts21,901
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,383

#8 by valerie » Wed Mar 17, 2021 06:38

Madison91 wrote: My college friend in New York chose the JJ(Johnson & Johnson) vaccine for just one shot. He had a high fever for a day after the vaccine and then was fine. He was afraid of getting confused by the fever and did Fourier Transform calculation problems to clear his head during that time :lol: . Is the vaccine randomly assigned over in the US?

I guess the vaccine manufacturer has to do with the country location and availability.
I'm only guessing because I really don't know for sure how they decide what area gets
which vaccine supply,. Of course, at first there was only Pfizer and Moderna.
valerie
Posts21,901
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,383

#9 by saramath » Wed Mar 17, 2021 08:25

Was it free or paid by you?
saramath
Posts102
Member Since8 Jan 2020
Last Visit29 Nov 2021
Likes Given17
Likes Received65/50

#10 by Darkstar2 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 08:28

valerie wrote: I had my first Pfizer (covid) vaccine today.

There was something so strange about it. It was at the hospital and people were
coming and going one after the other. Temp check, answer questions, fill out a
paper, go around, follow the floor x's, wait for an empty computer, go to computer,
woman asks more questions, answer questions, go around another line, listen to
someone relay info about the shot, move along the line, get papers about the vaccine,
go down another line, wait for an empty shot table, go to shot table, answer questions,
get a card with shot date, get shot in arm, go down another line, take a seat for 15
minutes, then leave.

Fun was had by all. :mrgreen:

It's amazing the big crowds this vaccine campaign generates, so technically, you can go get a vaccine and get infected by COVID19 by the big crowd you are in, hopefully most people follow the guidelines, because even so there are many cases in hospitals still........... You also do know that it takes about a month or more for the vaccine to be fully effective, and even with 1 shot of Pfizer, you would get about 85% protection, with the 2nd dose being only a booster shot to increase it to above 95%, in theory. The last 15 minutes they make you wait to make sure you don't have immediate reactions to the vaccine, allergic or otherwise, that you did not turn into a zombie, crocodile, grow a beard or grow horns, but in your case you don't have to worry, that's only with the AstraZenicka vaccine, the big SHAM of a vaccine coming from Europe, with such LOW efficacy compared to all the other vaccines and weak against variants.

So at least you got that over with, but you are not out of the woods, watch for anything unusual, in the coming month, for more information, follow Bolsonaro's guidelines :P
Darkstar2
Posts17,084
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,202
Likes Received12,382/6,603

#11 by saramath » Wed Mar 17, 2021 08:30

Any way Vaccines will be protective only for a minimum of 8 months.
saramath
Posts102
Member Since8 Jan 2020
Last Visit29 Nov 2021
Likes Given17
Likes Received65/50

#12 by rajukurup » Wed Mar 17, 2021 08:34

valerie wrote: Very sore right shoulder at injection.

Slight sore throat.

i had just shoulder pain which lasted for only half day and no other discomforts and feel more rejuvenated after the vaccine
rajukurup
Posts486
Member Since25 Jul 2020
Last Visit2 Jun 2021
Likes Given578
Likes Received384/267

#13 by Arvind9 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 08:36

Vaccines dont protect against Covid19 you can still get infected but the symptoms will be mild because the vaccine increases immunity and prevents a person from getting too sick and getting Hospitalized,effectiveness will remain for approximately 1 year,even normal people with high level of immunity without having to take a vaccine would not know even if they got infected,lets say people who take a vaccine in India now would need it again after a year because it will take 7 years to vaccinate the entire population
Last edited by Arvind9 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 08:45 » edited 2 times in total
Arvind9
Posts4,741
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,896
Likes Received2,916/2,124

#14 by saramath » Wed Mar 17, 2021 08:44

Sorry, Vaccines will protect against the variants that are now found but will not protect against new variants but the immunity will be there only for a minimum of 8 months.
saramath
Posts102
Member Since8 Jan 2020
Last Visit29 Nov 2021
Likes Given17
Likes Received65/50

#15 by Darkstar2 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 08:45

valerie wrote: Very sore right shoulder at injection.

Slight sore throat.

I guess the pain can vary from one person to another, maybe it has to do also with the person injecting, after all, you are getting stabbed in a muscle tissue so soreness is expected, though the level can be different, some people will barely feel it. As far as the other symptoms, many don't get them, but if it were me, I would find it reassuring to get sore throat, fever, etc, it's a good sign that the body is reacting quickly. Like I said, just run a checklist for the following 30 days, check for horns on head, check for growing beard, check for morphing of any kind, check your eyes if they glow red in the dark, etc........:P

Madison91 wrote: My college friend in New York chose the JJ(Johnson & Johnson) vaccine for just one shot. He had a high fever for a day after the vaccine and then was fine. He was afraid of getting confused by the fever and did Fourier Transform calculation problems to clear his head during that time :lol: . Is the vaccine randomly assigned over in the US?

I think in the US they are using the same system in Canada, the vaccines used are based on availability, they want to vaccinate as many people as possible so any vaccine goes really, whatever stock they get from the manufacturer, they use, but initially it was Pfizer and Moderna, and there is likely some J&Js and the AstraZenica batches, though in an ideal world, they should stick to the better vaccines (Pfizer & Moderna), the other ones are the least effective, J&J and Astra have a much lower efficacy and much weaker against variants, but the FDA only requires 50% so..........they really are desperate to get vaccines going, ANY vaccine.

valerie wrote:
I guess the vaccine manufacturer has to do with the country location and availability.
I'm only guessing because I really don't know for sure how they decide what area gets
which vaccine supply,. Of course, at first there was only Pfizer and Moderna.

Here it is the same, Pfizer & Moderna, as these were the first batches received, now there are batches of the infamous AstraZenica vaccine coming in, of course the politicians with their fat pockets have shares with those companies, I would not be surprised, and now they are all touting the Astra vaccine, being safe, despite new cases of deaths every day, and blaming it on only ONE bad batch.... I'm sorry but Astra has messed up so many times with their trials, data, and now bad batches, how the HELL can people and politicians still trust this vaccine ? Luckily more and more countries have suspended the vaccine, but it is continuing here in North America and other parts of the world !!! What will it take for them to stop, millions of deaths ?

saramath wrote: Was it free or paid by you?

paid ? Everything is FREE in America, Biden pays all the bills, even for the wealthy :mrgreen:
Darkstar2
Posts17,084
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,202

#16 by Arvind9 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 08:47

So after 8 months get two more shots because by that time less than 20% of the population will be vaccinated and many will never take it
Arvind9
Posts4,741
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,896

#17 by saramath » Wed Mar 17, 2021 08:51

What is wrong when a country spends money for their citizens? This is a welfare government and it must be like that. During the crisis of this magnitude any government will have take steps to make life easier for their citizens. But it is not happening in my country where the government is not helping but taxing the poor people more .
saramath
Posts102
Member Since8 Jan 2020
Last Visit29 Nov 2021
Likes Given17
Likes Received65/50

#18 by Darkstar2 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 08:58

saramath wrote: Sorry, Vaccines will protect against the variants that are now found but will not protect against new variants but the immunity will be there only for a minimum of 8 months.

In theory, you should still get protection from variants, but the degree of efficacy goes down. The vaccine does not require an EXACT match to the spike protein, variants are variations to the spike protein, but there are many key points to a vaccine, your body can still recognise the spike, but the level of efficacy goes down, but still remains above the 50%. The FLU vaccine is 40%-60%, so you would get similar protection to variants. Variants are not an issue, because Pfizer and Moderna are both mRNA, they can quickly be adapted to new variants, so expect new vaccines in a few months for those variants.

As far as 8 months protection, I don't think so, it's very unlikely that you will be protected that long - your immunity would likely fade after only 2-3 months, in best cases you might get up to 6 months, but it's likely that the COVID vaccine will be seasonal, like the Flu, and you might require a yearly or bi-yearly shot for new strains, much like the Flu, each season they try to determine which will be the predominant strains, and it's possible more variants come out that are even more resistant to vaccines, so this is not over, the vaccine buys time but does not cure, you will likely need another vaccine in the fall, before winter, and it's likely that COVID might stick around for a while, if the vaccine works, you will see seasonal spikes of COVID19, lots of cases, BUT the number of deaths and hospitalisation won't grow alongside, but transmission will continue.

The vaccine is not protecting you against COVID19, you can still get infected, the virus can still enter through your nose, mouth or eyes, and you can still spread it around, like today, but your body will have been trained to recognise one of the key areas of the virus, the spike, and attack it before the virus has a chance to cause severe complications that can send you to the hospital, that's about it. Remember the Flu vaccine, there are STILL 500k people dying every year. The only way this pandemic can end is a combination of vaccine ***AND*** people wearing masks, distancing and continue to follow all the SAME guidelines for a while. There is a long long way to go, herd immunity or community immunity is a very long way - you don't get that with only 5% of the population vaccinated :D It's unrealistic to even THINK that this will be possible by end of this year....BUT what can happen is that hospital and mortality numbers might decline, despite possible variants causing a surge of cases, this is what they are expecting from the vaccines, herd immunity is just science fiction at this point, :P
Darkstar2
Posts17,084
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,202

#19 by Arvind9 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 09:01

Since most of Indian Pharmaceutical companies are from Europe and they get 70% of their raw material from China the Indian government is in agreement with WHO and European countries to supply vaccines to countries that cannot get it,only then Indian government can get it free,India has already sent millions of doses to Pakistan Bangladesh Brazil and African countries all free under the agreement so government is not doing a favor to any citizen by giving it free,they are taxing everyone because the economy is in recession and going down further that's why they are on a mass selling spree of PSU'S to the private sparking protests because many government servants will become jobless after privatization
Arvind9
Posts4,741
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,896

#20 by josealvesjr » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:24

We have to understand and accept that the effectiveness of all the different covid19 vaccines used worldwide are not medical scientific for 100% approved. They all have an emergency clearance due to the situation the world is in. We remember that it took 5 years to develop a remedy against the Ebola virus and I guess Ebola was less complicated than this monster which has more snakes on its head than Medusa. Along the way the scientific learning process continues, complications and side effects of these vaccines will be better understood, this procedure normally belongs to the process of testing and peer reviewing any medication or vaccine before it is medical scientific approved and all its side effects are clear and known. The world is in more than a hurry and we are injected with vaccines which in normal situations would not have found approval yet.
But unless the monster continues to keep mutating and grows more and more snakes on its foul head we soon might have the upgraded vaccines which provide immunity. I would say that even at this stage we are in and even there are unanswered questions about the effectiveness and possible side effects take the vaccine when it is your turn.
josealvesjr
Posts1,693
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given424
Likes Received1,284/836
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Dec 4, 2021 05:51:13 PST