Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkHow to get refs
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
How to get refs

#1 by polse » Wed Jan 13, 2021 03:47

Hi
I am trying to get some refs. signing up under me in this great site. It seems rather difficult. Will anyone her share how to make some good refs for signing up.
polse
Posts3
Member Since16 Feb 2013
Last Visit21 Apr 2021
Likes Given0
Likes Received1/1

#2 by Arvind9 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 04:49

Its common mentality if you teĺl people how much they can earn here and the time required to do it they loose interest,nowdays everyone wants fast money as if everything is very easy,what I mean is most referrals you get will be inactive,the best way to get referrals is paid adds on different sites,but there is no guarantee that even after spending money they will be active,you need some very good marketing skills to get thousands of them with a few of them being active,the ratio is very small,you would do better to spend more time on the site and try to increase your earnings,you have been here on this site for eight years put your experience to work,some old members do very well without any referrals because they have the experience
Arvind9
Posts4,759
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,913
Likes Received2,932/2,133

#3 by Darkstar2 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 09:31

Arvind9 wrote: Its common mentality if you teĺl people how much they can earn here and the time required to do it they loose interest,nowdays everyone wants fast money as if everything is very easy,what I mean is most referrals you get will be inactive,the best way to get referrals is paid adds on different sites,but there is no guarantee that even after spending money they will be active,you need some very good marketing skills to get thousands of them with a few of them being active,the ratio is very small,you would do better to spend more time on the site and try to increase your earnings,you have been here on this site for eight years put your experience to work,some old members do very well without any referrals because they have the experience

The best time to get referrals to a good site is EARLY and be among the first, otherwise top sites are mass spammed and saturated all over the place, on the best sites to advertise on. I know there is the argument that saturation is never a problem because there are always NEW people looking for opportunity, BUT, I do think saturation over the years does make it more DIFFICULT to find referrals. Another issue, no more tasks on GPT, so this considerably limits the potential earnings for international members. For non tier 1 countries, surveys are scarce, though some countries are earning from surveys here, a large majority aren't and earned more from tasks, then you have normally the tier 1 countries which won't bother with the horribly low pay rate found here or most GPT with surveys < $1 or the crummy offers with 5-8 cent survey walls. So now is more difficult than ever to get active referrals, and it may NOT be a good time NOW to get referrals, the year has barely begun and it's known to be very slow this time of year. It might be best to wait a little until things pick up. One thing never to do, is make promises or lure with big hope like some promoters do "Earn $30 a day, earn up to $30 a day, etc." because people are easily lured by words and they will EXPECT results. Honesty is the best policy - what you want is QUALITY not QUANTITY, and unfortunately I have seen ads for this site with a lot of rubbish and misrepresentation and sometimes even outright lies.

ClixSense and NB are 2 of the top sites that were mass advertised everywhere, all over the place, and in those years things were great, tasks, surveys, good rates, now it seems EVERYTHING has dropped here, all the offer walls and all router of surveys have dropped considerably - most surveys are < 50 cents, it's pathetic. Peanut Labs, most are in the very low 2 digit and even single digit, people join and want results - some people are looking for easy money without efforts that's true, but there is a MINIMUM people expect. HERE on this site so far since beginning of the year, it's crummy, low paid surveys and < $1 a day earnings - ever since tasks were removed, this site appears to have considerably lowered pay rates across the board - is this coincidence or fact, I don't know, but this is my observation.

So it might be a good idea to wait until things pick up again (if they do) or try to do a little research and find out which countries are doing well on surveys. Be careful advertising on some cheap fly by night bux site / ponzi sites, a lot of traffic you will get from there are FAKE - what you want are TRUE people clicking your ads and signing up, not ponzi scheme owners inflating your traffic artificially so you can keep advertising with them.

Also why limit your potential, instead of advertising your single referral link to this one site, why not advertise a link to your won site, on that site you can put content and even multiple sites you are on - so you are getting traffic to your site4, and exposing all sites you want to promote on the same page / site. But don't overwhelm.

My policy over the years has always been work for your own and don't rely on others, which I have done, and have earned over $17k on ClixSense/ySense and over $25k elsewhere.
Darkstar2
Posts17,110
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,209
Likes Received12,392/6,610

#4 by Idjosko » Wed Jan 13, 2021 09:59

[EDIT: Image of member IDs and names removed]

Well, I could help you but it is against forum rules :silent: :silent:
Last edited by markupday84 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 06:54 » edited 1 time in total
Reason: Image of member IDs and names removed]
Idjosko
Posts369
Member Since21 Mar 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given226
Likes Received636/270

#5 by Arvind9 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:02

Two of your referrals are India's they are the worst hit by Tasks and surveys
Arvind9
Posts4,759
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,913

#6 by Darkstar2 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:22

Arvind9 wrote: Two of your referrals are India's they are the worst hit by Tasks and surveys

I remember back in the days reading a report by CrowdFlower which stated that India was among the top traffic for tasks across the 2 top channels, for sure Indian Members and other task friendly countries will be severely impacted, India, Spain, etc, in a worst case scenario here, if there is no survey, you could have done daily recurring tasks, there were market research tasks, paying 3 cents each, just to copy / paste a link, very easy, 4 units per task, 2 job IDs, so 25cents or more daily from those guaranteed tasks, no without tasks here, $0 days will be reality for many. It's not hard to get referrals here, the hard part is getting ACTIVE / committed referrals. when there is no damn tasks anymore, it has basically killed the main earning potential of a large % of international market on GPT sites.
Darkstar2
Posts17,110
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,209

#7 by Idjosko » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:35

Arvind9 wrote: Two of your referrals are India's they are the worst hit by Tasks and surveys

Two? :lol: :lol:
I think that I have TWO thousands of them :lol:

[EDIT: Images of member information removed]

And so on...
Last edited by markupday84 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 05:05 » edited 1 time in total
Reason: Member details removed
Idjosko
Posts369
Member Since21 Mar 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given226
Likes Received636/270

#8 by Darkstar2 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:44

I'm curious to know, of those 16k referrals how many are truly active, that's what matters, ACTIVE.
One can have 50,000 referrals but only less than 1% active.
Darkstar2
Posts17,110
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,209

#9 by Idjosko » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:57

Well, I keep that as secret ;)
Idjosko
Posts369
Member Since21 Mar 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given226
Likes Received636/270

#10 by Arvind9 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:09

That is exactly what I meant you get thousands of those and they give you nothing,you missed me I am always active but the best thing is I still dont know whose refferal I am
Last edited by Arvind9 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:11 » edited 1 time in total
Arvind9
Posts4,759
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,913

#11 by Darkstar2 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 19:41

Idjosko wrote: Well, I keep that as secret ;)

That's fine, but there is an average in the industry, you would be super lucky to have more than 1% active, if you do, then good for you, hope they remain active .... the totality of mine have become inactive, not only here but on that other site, the only good performing referral I had here was 1 person who came to me and wanted to be my referral, he was very active and working on tasks, one of those tasks was daily recurring and paid well, and I shared 50% of my commissions with him - too bad that the provider of that task left a few years ago, otherwise the other referrals I had, nada, nothing, few clicks and that's it, I've had a few of those $2 commissions at the time of CS. A lot of people are so g______d lazy, I tried even getting referrals from countries that have lots of damn surveys, no damn luck, even tried getting refs from Canada, and not a single bloody thing, I wish I had even 1 referral like myself. I personally a few top promoters with 5 figure amount of refs, most of which are now inactive - that's the name of the game, people join, and give up too soon and prefer joining the bitcoin garbage ponzi scheme, pyramid scheme get rich quick scams out there for fast money without doing shit. So I gave up on referrals and rely on my own work, it paid off.
Darkstar2
Posts17,110
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,209

#12 by tasman1 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 21:43

Arvind9 wrote: That is exactly what I meant you get thousands of those and they give you nothing,you missed me I am always active but the best thing is I still dont know whose refferal I am

To know or not to know makes no difference for you or me . wow I made big money to some people in last 10 years , at some stage I did work on close to 100 site [ only 4 now ]

But I do not care , some girls are still real blonde :lol:
tasman1
Posts16,082
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,555
Likes Received15,927/8,288

#13 by Darkstar2 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 22:14

tasman1 wrote:
Arvind9 wrote: That is exactly what I meant you get thousands of those and they give you nothing,you missed me I am always active but the best thing is I still dont know whose refferal I am

To know or not to know makes no difference for you or me . wow I made big money to some people in last 10 years , at some stage I did work on close to 100 site [ only 4 now ]

100 sites, wow you really mean business, I wish you were my referral :lol: Does one of the sites you work on starts with s ?
Darkstar2
Posts17,110
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,209

#14 by tasman1 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 00:15

Darkstar2 wrote:
tasman1 wrote:

100 sites, wow you really mean business, I wish you were my referral :lol: Does one of the sites you work on starts with s ?

In past yes , not now , only 4 site now 1 site starting doing just once or twice a week , not sure what will be left soon , since finished paying my home mortgage I do not find a value doing this plus earning is going down , 3 site and it is hard to earn above 200-240.00 per month - combined earn on all ..... not real value how much time I spend doing it
tasman1
Posts16,082
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,555

#15 by Darkstar2 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 18:11

Wow that's amazing Tasman1, I am struggling to earn past $100........though in Dec here I earned above $180, best all year :lol: Since new year I signed up on a new site starting with s ........ so far there I have $50, here $30, so for sure I will do $100 with those 2, and the other site has minimum cashout $1 which is good. The situation with low surveys is everywhere, the difference is that some sites offer higher paid routers, and on that site, $1 is common, $0.70 / $0.80 routers, etc. I was not going to join but I saw an ad online and decided to click.

as far as the site starting with n..... no luck for me there, mostly junk surveys. This site is going downhill they removed opinion World or whatever, for Canadians, I have no Toluna invites, I tried getting answers at the source and no g**** answer so far, on the other site there is a 70 cents SSI router, what a shame, because my upline will notice lower earnings from me, but not out of lazinness, because there is nothing much here anymore, but I won't give up here that's for sure, will always be my primary, and if there is nothing here, I will go on the other site. It's fun to be able to complete $1.30 fixed minimum Super Yuno surveys there, $1.20, $1.00 sample cubes, 80-85 cents CINT / YS, etc.
Yes they have low paid garbage too, but mostly offer walls.

Hopefully in the months to come things will get better here too, but it's nice to earn from 2 sites, especially that I am doing stuff on that other site, that we do not have here.

there is also another site which has Toluna, $1 each......... site starting with Q but only for Canada and US.

But i'm nowhere near your level Tasman1, earning $200-$400 a month :P I think i'll stick to 2 sites for now
Darkstar2
Posts17,110
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,209

#16 by tasman1 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 18:38

I did cut one small site early in December last year , did work only task there [ level 2 only ] and I was bad , my earn there was 8-10 dollars a month only so I did stop in early Decembar , got my money out and closed that site forever, no value for me , only surveys now on 3 site and hope to cut it to 2 site only

Or better will try to cut all this year , it is shame for me to work at this grand age
tasman1
Posts16,082
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,555

#17 by Darkstar2 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 21:06

tasman1 wrote: I did cut one small site early in December last year , did work only task there [ level 2 only ] and I was bad , my earn there was 8-10 dollars a month only so I did stop in early Decembar , got my money out and closed that site forever, no value for me , only surveys now on 3 site and hope to cut it to 2 site only

Or better will try to cut all this year , it is shame for me to work at this grand age

If you are doing well here, you should try the site starting with s..... just stay away from offers, because if you do too many offers, trial, cashback, high value offers you could be flagged for account verification 30 to 60 days, stick to surveys, you should do well there too.

As to Peanut Labs it is garbage now on ALL sites, low paid, low rates than ever before, how disappointing, and pollfish 6 cent on most sites, how disappointing. YET poll fish direct router pays 3-5 times the rate, the only place I've seen pollfish router standalone is on NB, but NB is not an option due to the $10 minimum, and too little surveys.
Darkstar2
Posts17,110
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,209
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Dec 7, 2021 22:37:43 PST