Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkPast the point of no return.
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Past the point of no return.

#1 by josealvesjr » Sat Sep 19, 2020 03:47

This news got little attention but its impact is devastating,the Greenland ice sheet has melted past the point of no return. ANNUAL SNOWFALL can no longer replenish the melted ice that flows into the ocean from Greenland's glaciers. That is the conclusion of a new analysis of almost 40 years' satellite data by researchers at Ohio State University.
In fact, glaciers on the island have shrunk so much that even if global warming were to stop today, the ice sheet would continue shrinking.
Keep your life vest at hand and make sure you know your lifeboat station.
josealvesjr
Posts1,697
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given425
Likes Received1,286/838

#2 by Kanoba11 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 01:40

The climate change is alarming. Don't know how it deteriorated to this but with our combined efforts mechanisms can be put in place as to how best to deal with the situation
Kanoba11
Posts2
Member Since2 Sep 2020
Last Visit20 Sep 2020
Likes Given0
Likes Received1/1

#3 by Arvind9 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 02:07

Its a huge problem and the world is devided,many people dont believe in climate change and global warming Donald Trump calls it crap,the world needs better people to run countries
Arvind9
Posts4,755
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,910
Likes Received2,928/2,131

#4 by tasman1 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 02:10

Not sure global warming or global changes are real or fake , think it is fake

I can not see any changes here in Tasmania or in Europa when I visit family , why not ? same all people that I know ?
tasman1
Posts16,073
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,547
Likes Received15,919/8,282

#5 by Arvind9 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 02:26

You have proved my point all of a sudden the effects wont be visible everywhere,people want to see themselves getting blown away until it does not happen people refuse to believe anything,wait for a few years you will see it
Arvind9
Posts4,755
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,910

#6 by tasman1 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 03:26

Arvind9 wrote: You have proved my point all of a sudden the effects wont be visible everywhere,people want to see themselves getting blown away until it does not happen people refuse to believe anything,wait for a few years you will see it

Maybe but how I can trust if I can not see and nobody around me can not see ? Will you trust me if I tell you that Tasmania in now flying away from Earth ?

I am in Australia , can not see changes , family in Europa and they can not see changes and that is over 10 000 miles apart and no changes , last time I went to Europa , did made 2 day stopover in Singapore , did talk to same people and they can see no changes , heck who can see ?

OK , big fire was in Australia , now in California but what is reason ?? Changes in the world temp or average weight of 150 kg for firefighters in western world ?
tasman1
Posts16,073
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,547

#7 by Arvind9 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 03:53

You have got back to the Same reasoning as in your previous reply with a couple of more words nothing else,your words again reflect your ignorance of the problem,even if you see changes you will say how can one say its due to global warming you would become more knowledgeable than scientists,you dont associate wildfires in Australia and California with the problem more irregular weather patterns and floods,many Island countries are disappearing most maldive islands have disappeared the Maldives government is trying get India to except their citizens as the country dissappears but the Indian government has refused,Indonesias capital has dissapeared all due to ocean levels rising even in India the coastline will get reduced by 25km everywhere in the next 20 years.
Last edited by Arvind9 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 04:06 » edited 1 time in total
Arvind9
Posts4,755
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,910

#8 by pardeeep143 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 04:28

i also dont believe corona virus is spreading all over countries. :lol: i dont see any corona patients :lol: .i dont see corona how look. all is fake it is just cold,cough and fever nothing more :lol: .Scientist and doctors all over the world telling lie :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: TaBcoz Tal TaAm TaCrazy TaAnd TaTo TaCrazy..
pardeeep143
Posts534
Member Since12 Mar 2019
Last Visit4 Dec 2021
Likes Given217
Likes Received363/277

#9 by Arvind9 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 04:30

So even our government is lying and the lockdown was unnecessary just to ruin the economy,and if its all fake why is the whole world blaming China
Last edited by Arvind9 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 04:36 » edited 1 time in total
Arvind9
Posts4,755
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,910

#10 by josealvesjr » Sun Sep 20, 2020 04:35

Climate Change Deniers like the fossil fuel industry, political lobbyists, media moguls and individuals have spent the past 30 years sowing doubt about the reality of climate change. The latest estimate is that the world’s five largest publicly-owned oil and gas companies spend about US$200 million a year on lobbying to control, delay or block binding climate policy. It is all about the money and the world can go to hell.
josealvesjr
Posts1,697
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given425
Likes Received1,286/838

#11 by Nikorj » Sun Sep 20, 2020 06:06

josealvesjr wrote: Climate Change Deniers like the fossil fuel industry, political lobbyists, media moguls and individuals have spent the past 30 years sowing doubt about the reality of climate change. The latest estimate is that the world’s five largest publicly-owned oil and gas companies spend about US$200 million a year on lobbying to control, delay or block binding climate policy. It is all about the money and the world can go to hell.

That's sadly very true, Us here in Denmark should be very very worried due to our near loca5tion with Greenland , But we mostly just arrest those damn climate protester villains .

Except for a fake mountain (147 meters) we are flat as a pancake, It will take a lot of practice squeezing all 5.8 million people on top of that :mrgreen:
Nikorj
Posts1,909
Member Since27 Apr 2014
Last Visit9 Nov 2021
Likes Given1,461
Likes Received1,585/1,018

#12 by Nikorj » Sun Sep 20, 2020 06:20

Last year Greenland recorded the highest summer temperatures ever!! (26 degrees, Which is quite concerning if you ask me.

Here in Denmark we also set a new weather record for September (25 degrees in the middle of September, Which is an all time record)

3 years ago we had a heat stroke of 33 degrees on average lasting for over 2 months, Again a new record)

So yes!! there are changes.
Nikorj
Posts1,909
Member Since27 Apr 2014
Last Visit9 Nov 2021
Likes Given1,461
Likes Received1,585/1,018

#13 by valerie » Sun Sep 20, 2020 06:41

Climate change is real and I don't see how anyone can deny that.

The really big issue is did we cause the climate to change and is there anything we can do about it?

I believe we would have a much healthier world if we stopped the pollution, the digging for oil,
fracking, digging for coal, making plastic for daily living, and instead focus on using solar power,
wind power, and water.

All we have done is cause destruction to this planet in an abundance of ways.
I'm just not too convinced that climate change is one of them. The sun and moon, I believe is the
largest responsible cause. All throughout time there have been climate changes, earthquakes,
and more. Altho only recently have we monitored and kept record of weather, we know this to
be true because of cities we find in the ocean and in the sand, to say the least.
valerie
Posts21,905
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,384
Likes Received19,621/8,280

#14 by tasman1 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 14:35

OK I surender , it looks one must believe what some are saying , last night was 2C here , but I must believe in changes so I say again , last night was 30C here

arvind9 , you say Indonesian capital has dissapered ???? no no no , Jakarta is still there , where it was all the time , it is not underwater

Jakarta and moving capital
Indonesia has long considered moving its capital Jakarta, a low-lying city on the northwest coast of the island of Java in Southeast Asia. The idea has been floated since the days of the first president, Sukarno, who declared the country’s independence from the Dutch in Jakarta in 1945. Now the idea might come true as President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, recently elected for a second term, seems serious about moving the capital

Reason for moving Capital not moving Jakarta
The government has argued that moving the capital will reduce the development gap between Java and other islands and that Jakarta is overburdened by population growth. Study urban/rural issues. I believe the government’s reasoning to move the capital is weak.

In short ... nothing to do with climate changes
Last edited by tasman1 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 15:08 » edited 3 times in total
tasman1
Posts16,073
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,547

#15 by tasman1 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 15:24

I hate science, evidently, because I’m woke to the manifest truth about what the leftist elite currently calls “climate change." It is the second most staggering fraud ever perpetrated upon the people . Like some suckers still do, I once believed that “science” was a rigorous process where you tested theories and revised those theories in response to objective evidence. But in today’s shabby practice, science is just a package of self-serving lies buttressing the transnational liberal elite’s preferred narrative. Our alleged betters hope that labeling their propaganda science will science-shame you into silence about what everyone knows is a scam.

Nah. Climate change is a hoax. Come arrest me for felony denial.

Observing that climate change is steaming garbage served in a dirty ashtray is not disputing that the climate changes. That the climate is not static, and never could be static, is one of the myriad reasons that this whole idea is ridiculous. The planet gets hotter, it gets colder, sometimes quickly, sometimes over eons, and there are a bunch of reasons why, like the sun and volcanos. Human-produced carbon might be one of the factors, but there’s simply no evidence that it is a significant one

The underlying premise of their claims seems to be that there is a right temperature for the earth; watch them sputter when you enquire about that perfect setting for Earth’s thermostat. Remember, if you ask questions you hate science. If they did stop telling you how you hate science long enough to respond, they might explain that of course there’s no perfect temperature
tasman1
Posts16,073
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,547

#16 by tasman1 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 15:41

In short about climate changes hoax

Every time the weather fits the narrative, you see, it’s proof that the climate kooks are right, and every time the weather fails to fit the narrative, well, weather’s not climate. At least until the next heat wave or storm; then weather will totally be climate again.

Heads, you must give us all your freedom and money, and also tails, you must give us all your freedom and money.
In short , garbage
tasman1
Posts16,073
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,547

#17 by Arvind9 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 16:01

Anyway it does not matter your belief wont change reality,ignorance is the biggest problem that needs to be addressed because those who take decisions are sitting cool making billions taking advantage of ignorance
Arvind9
Posts4,755
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,910

#18 by tasman1 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 16:11

Arvind9 wrote: Anyway it does not matter your belief wont change reality,ignorance is the biggest problem that needs to be addressed because those who take decisions are sitting cool making billions taking advantage of ignorance

Let see few more lie from the past

1 . Back in the 70s, I remember we were promised an ice age ,,,,So, where’s my damn ice age?

2. In the 80s, we were promised death by ozone hole ,,,, dam , where they are ? ok , ok . I have seen few holes in 80s but they where not ,, ozone holes .. :twisted: :twisted:
tasman1
Posts16,073
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,547

#19 by Arvind9 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 16:18

You just confirmed my above reply
Arvind9
Posts4,755
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,910

#20 by valerie » Sun Sep 20, 2020 16:35

:lol:

Well, in a way you are correct tasman1.

Some here may not be old enough to remember the pulling of products from the shelves.
Products such as aerosol sprays. They pulled deodorants, antiperspirants, hair sprays,
spray paints, and basically everything that came in an aerosol can. Scientists said at the
time we had made holes in the ozone layer due to aerosol sprays. If you were found with
a aerosol spray can of hair spray in your bath room, you were known as the root of all evil. :lol:

The thing about scientists, they are no different than you and me. They are not God. They
have focused their studies in science but that does not mean they are all knowing. What they
do is theorize. They take what evidence they can find and match it up to whatever they can
find and the result is a theory. A theory is far from fact.

Here's my theory, Prodege needs to get the rug out and fix the survey list once and for all
unless this program is not much more than a testing site to see how many screams they can
get.
valerie
Posts21,905
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,384
Likes Received19,621/8,280
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Dec 7, 2021 03:05:13 PST