Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkWho is fraud
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Who is fraud

#1 by Chahat » Wed Aug 26, 2020 09:54

Let discuss who is fraud , survey companies who wasted our time and effort and at end not pay money. Companies who pay us just chillar cents and earning lot of dollars from it.companies who collect data record from many people and save them and use them also but pay to few peoples.company whoes link we click and share without knowing them trusted or not and what they will they do after done our click. Who Is fooling in that case.their advanced developer who made those survey, 98% survey completed and not pay.why not kick out from survey at start or mid between what the reason after near end they kick...i am tracing this from 10years in all survey sites and i think it. Is that easy to say assume, this and this fraud and that s the reason for not pay? No personal cmmnt just opinion
Last edited by Chahat » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:06 » edited 2 times in total
Chahat
Posts78
Member Since12 Jul 2020
Last Visit7 Jul 2021
Likes Given13
Likes Received43/31

#2 by Arvind9 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:28

What you said is ok its very common it happens everyday,check your survey history and see what it shows,maybe you ended because of a quote full,you could have been more than half way through the survey and their quote was completed,at the beginning of the survey you must have read some of the requirements you had to agree to before entering the survey and clicked yes,so you agreed to their terms,most members would not read it and click yes in a hurry just to enter the survey quickly to complete it and end up with nothing and post here,but what did you agree to?
Arvind9
Posts4,726
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,879
Likes Received2,899/2,113

#3 by valerie » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:38

Well, how about this....

You have the option to NOT do surveys. No one is forcing you to do them.

Of course and very obvious you are sharing your information with surveys IF you choose
to do them. They ALL tell you this. That is what a survey is, it collects information so
they can understand the consumer.

Surveys are not fooling you. They may at times have authors that are tricky or outright
cheat in some way. Such is the world with most everything.

You know and You understand before participating in a survey what is required. You have
the option to opt out. You have the option to not participate. There is no foolery in that
regard at all.

It is the users that are the largest fraudsters and cheaters because many people lie, state
one thing one time and something entirely different another time. Many speed through the
surveys, not giving the required time stated or not stated.

Generally users are booted from a survey due to the pre-requirement questions that can
at times be rather long. Some think they are taking the survey when in reality, they are
going thru the prerequisite. Surveys will boot you out at some stage in the survey if they
see your time is too fast. Surveys will also boot you out if they see you are submitting
inconsistent answers. Surveys will also boot you out if the survey quota has been met.

So that is it in a nutshell. If you don't want to do surveys, remember that no one is
forcing you to do them. If you don't like sharing your personal information, remember
you are not forced to do surveys.

I don't think anyone is assuming anything unless perhaps you are. Fraud does happen
a LOT, that is for sure. However, there are many reasons why a user may be banned
from surveys.
valerie
Posts21,898
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,379
Likes Received19,617/8,277

#4 by tasman1 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 15:16

Thanks God we have a choice , do it or not , no chains used for now from survey company
tasman1
Posts16,033
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,502
Likes Received15,866/8,260

#5 by Darkstar2 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 19:40

I've been doing surveys for a very long time before GPT, from direct panels, it is a whole different world. NEVER once did I get an off quota, unpaid survey, or ANY issues on those direct panels. Once you were invited to one, and qualified, you could go through it. Of course, eventually those direct panels were acquired and from then, went downhill, so I moved towards GPT, where earning potential was greater, as routers combined all sources of surveys into one, for more opportunity. All these issues started with GPT, because the surveys are hosted through network affiliation, and often these networks combine market research and lead generation data, embedded as surveys, so whether you qualify or not, these companies are using your data as "leads". I can honestly say I never had issues with GPTs from the time I joined. The issues only started some years ago. Some routers were known for being fraudulent and acting as data lead collection, for example OTX, they no longer exist. There were other malicious ones. Right now I can say that the majority of surveys are legit market research. The problem with Off Quota is serious IMO and is happening much more frequently. There are days I get near a dozen, and late Off Quota is mostly due to bad scripting and management, or the infrastructure is not coded optimally. It is all on platform owners and/or survey publishers to provide provisions to detect quota EARLY.

I do agree though, and this has been my opinion for a long time - there are more members who cheat site owners than survey or task publishers cheat members. Having a discussion with a platform owner years ago, I came to know that one of the main reasons some routers have dropped pay rate as much as 50%-60% is due to fraud - some claim to have experienced as much as 40%-60% fraud if not more at the time (pixel firing exploit), luckily now it is no longer an issue, but no company can prevent cheating in surveys 100%.

That said, yes there are survey publishers that are fraudsters too, just like tasks, anybody can use the platform and publish surveys. The same could be said about fraudsters advertising scam sites on the many PTCs.

Other than the occasional survey publisher fraud, it's legit for the most part, here anyways, and the problem with off quota and late screenouts comes down to how the survey script was designed, and many authors do not script optimally - I guess Market Rsearchers are more focused on designing the questions than spending much time on optimising the scripting side of things.

As far as non paying surveys, there are many reasons. For Toluna, it is an issue with their infrastructure, not just here, but earlier this year they had a lot of issues with their system sending credits to the wrong members on sites, so they had to pause credits until issue was addressed. The other reasons, were for bugs like dupe IDs.......other reasons, some publishers do not use the right callbacks, they will branch to DQ no matter what, they could use hacks to extract answers from your survey whilst using a branch to DQ / callback. If it is an academic institution or big company running the survey, I do not think they will intentionally scam you.......if it is a regular individual, or newbie they might be more inclined to do so - this is one of the side effects of doing surveys on affiliate sites - BUT your earning potential is much greater doing surveys this way than on direct panels, so despite the headaches on GPT, it is far more worth it.

The fact there are probably more members scamming surveys than surveys scamming members should not excuse bad surveys - I still think that surveys here and in many places are paid too low - if companies are aiming for quality, they are not going to get better quality by slashing rates 80%. it's very likely a person will get tired and speed through a 45 minute survey paid at 25 cents - That said, there are very honest people who do not speed and are consistent and get faced with problems, again, this is the side effects of dealing with multiple affiliation networks, router, aggregators, that also live off of leads and data collection - there are some surveys people take that are just lead data collection - you will notice that sometimes as you use different routers you will see the SAME page of initial questions, unrelated to the survey, a lot of those routers / companies are monetising traffic and embedding data collection pre-survey, this is very annoying, and OTX did this, other routers do too.

If you are looking for the perfect opportunity online where you will never get ripped off, then unfortunately you might have a hard time, especially if you are dabbling in GPT / Rewards site, that function entirely off of 3rd parties.
Darkstar2
Posts17,076
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,201
Likes Received12,376/6,600

#6 by Darkstar2 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 19:57

tasman1 wrote: Thanks God we have a choice , do it or not , no chains used for now from survey company

Well, there is not much else to do online, unless you have start up capital and specific skill, and other than ponzi schemes and low earnings on PTC (whatever is left of it), so for those with no money or skill, surveys is the opportunity to go through to scrape some money. We all have a choice, but if we don't, we earn $0, and that is not good, if we do, we earn something and we get occasional headaches - not any different than having a steady job :D I use to freelance online for 4 figures monthly and experienced all kinds of headaches and CRAP from all sides, there is no money without headaches, unless you are lucky and win the lottery or you have an amazing talent and people are rushing to give you their money :P
Darkstar2
Posts17,076
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,201

#7 by Chahat » Thu Aug 27, 2020 00:02

None forcing me to do survey yes ofcourse true.but to say fraudster to users from specific region oneside answer i think.surveys are tricky
those answer i know i already told i am doing survey from 10years.if fraud happen a lot then it also from both sides not just from users only its not genuine answer its really not genuine answer. I think

Thanku darkstar for genuine answer...you are good moderator in this site..i see many sites their moderator start personal war and cmmts on others in forum and when they start lose then they will block users from commenting or editing their cmmts....but i found darkstar better in all ....thanku guys for rply
Chahat
Posts78
Member Since12 Jul 2020
Last Visit7 Jul 2021
Likes Given13
Likes Received43/31

#8 by Darkstar2 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 07:23

Chahat wrote: None forcing me to do survey yes ofcourse true.but to say fraudster to users from specific region oneside answer i think.surveys are tricky
those answer i know i already told i am doing survey from 10years.if fraud happen a lot then it also from both sides not just from users only its not genuine answer its really not genuine answer. I think

I do not think anybody mentioned that it is only user side, however it is likely that more users cheat surveys than surveys cheat users, why ? Because most people taking the surveys have an incentive, money, are looking to make extra cash and usually need it badly. People who do not need it that badly will very unlikely go through this whole process and time to get them, unless they just do it as a hobby, yes it exists. On the other hand, most surveys are published by million / billion $ corporations and academic research institutions, so they are legit, they don't have an incentive to cheat, their research is an eligible expense for tax purposes. The bad survey publishers exists, and it will usually be the smaller researchers, individuals hosting surveys, they could be members too, or smaller companies (yes, there are good and bad companies) - so it all comes down to publishers not configuring the survey properly most of the times, YES, as a result we get cheated of our time and earnings, and maybe, most of the times not intentionally by the publishers themselves, however, routers are generally looking the other way, and give full autonomy to clients, they earn money from publishers whether we qualify or not, so in my opinion this is the aspect where routers are indirectly cheating us in that regard. But for the most part, most surveys are legit - are they always scripted properly, are they always fair in detecting user fraud, definitely not, there are LOTS of surveys that are not scripted properly, some are intentionally malicious, but yeah I still believe there are more malicious users than survey authors - because the incentive is much bigger on the member side.

Quote:
Thanku darkstar for genuine answer...you are good moderator in this site..i see many sites their moderator start personal war and cmmts on others in forum and when they start lose then they will block users from commenting or editing their cmmts....but i found darkstar better in all ....thanku guys for rply

Not a moderator - all moderators here have their name in purple. Admins have their name in red. As far as this forum, well it is more lenient than most other forums out there and it generally allows comments both negative or positive, it's just that there are certain words / topics that might flare up and strike some nerves and misinterpretations sometimes. Each section of the forum has a series of names in purple at the top, those are the moderators for the section, they are in purple.

The issue with bad surveys and authors is everywhere, not just here, even on CS - though earnings were better and higher paid surveys, BUT I still remember many instances of deceptive surveys. When you get cheated by a survey it's hard to know by whom, is it a 3rd party, is it the publisher, is it the platform's sneaky marketing tactics ? I believe firmly, that a set % of clicks to those routers are meant to be data collection. Getting a 100% success rate on surveys is IMPOSSIBLE on any GPT, so both members AND site owners get cheated too, if you do not get paid for a survey, neither will the site owner, unless the issue is in direct relation to the site's credit system. Not being paid for surveys after going through it is VERY frustrating, I'm the first one to be vocal about it, and the fact that routers / companies are not doing much about this sometimes comes across as malicious, and it sometimes comes across as being cheated / scammed - but the biggest problem I see lately is more of surveys being closed, off quota, etc, this is more an issue with poor management from the publishers / managers of respective platforms.
Darkstar2
Posts17,076
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,201
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Nov 30, 2021 14:11:11 PST