Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral Talkinternet
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
internet

#1 by charmoeren » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:59

1.3 billion Indians are set to lockdown in the next 3 weeks.
can the internet in india cope with this load?

Streaming providers in Europe have been asked to reduce their bandwidth so the Internet can handle the many millions working from home.
charmoeren
Posts618
Member Since3 Oct 2014
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given8
Likes Received768/367

#2 by suraraj » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:03

I felt that my internet bandwidth is slowing down as many people are at their homes. Still long time to go and there will be many issues. If internet fails then there will be a huge problem to the government in India
suraraj
Posts970
Member Since24 Nov 2017
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given211
Likes Received815/544

#3 by Arvind9 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:32

I think speed is adjusted,I live in Mumbai which is the financial capital of the country so its important to maintain internet speed and it would be slowed down in Rural areas where internet would not be so important in the present conditions for spending time watching videos on the net,my net speed is normal,many services have been shutdown with no work from home,for eg automotive retailers,when its a total lockdown who would buy a new car so the automobile industry is in total shutdown
Last edited by Arvind9 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 13:07 » edited 1 time in total
Arvind9
Posts4,726
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,879
Likes Received2,899/2,113

#4 by tasman1 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 13:55

As I told here few day ago ............. once we are all locked down Internet will die , electricity wil die , water will die , we will die , Bill Gates will still live

What I know is that I will try to live longer and once they come to pick me I will fight , old but I am sure I can kill one before rest kill me , will not die like sheep
Last edited by tasman1 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 14:01 » edited 1 time in total
tasman1
Posts16,033
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,502
Likes Received15,866/8,260

#5 by Darkstar2 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:59

tasman1 wrote: As I told here few day ago ............. once we are all locked down Internet will die , electricity wil die , water will die , we will die , Bill Gates will still live

What I know is that I will try to live longer and once they come to pick me I will fight , old but I am sure I can kill one before rest kill me , will not die like sheep

Why do you think internet will die, it's quite the opposite, part of the economy will become virtualised. Most good internet providers are good for the demand. The only problem is if everyone hammers the bandwidth at the same time, meaning 24/7 file transfer or activity that maxes out your speed, that would be bad, and this is when ISPs would consider throttling - otherwise if people are not maxing out their speed with continuous transfers, it should not be a problem, big ISPs can handle the capacity.

Electricity - should not be a problem for now - it would be a problem in the extreme cold winter weather where everyone sets their electrical heat on / continuously, creating stress on the grid. Same for summer months if everyone turns on their AC. Utility companies warn about that under normal situations.

As far as water, that's ridiculous, no reason for water to run out any faster than under normal circumstance as longer as treatment plants continue running.

The only thing that will die are people's compassion, empathy, reason, sense of good / bad, etc as we move more towards a "Me myself and F****** I" global pandemic, where every one is out to harm others.
Darkstar2
Posts17,076
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,201
Likes Received12,376/6,600
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Nov 30, 2021 12:30:06 PST