Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral Talkhow is everyone?
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
how is everyone?

#1 by Celestial_Maiden_08 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 08:28

hello how is everyone here? hope all of you are safe and healthy. We are under enhanced community quarantine or total lock down in Luzon here in Philippines and our President has placed our country under state of calamity. We are afraid to go out even to buy essentials. No work, no pay and so I am taking my chance in earning online. I am praying and hoping that covid-19 will soon be contained all over the world and we could all be happy and free from this incurable virus.
Celestial_Maiden_08
Posts233
Member Since31 Dec 2008
Last Visit26 Oct 2021
Likes Given86
Likes Received131/89

#2 by Arvind9 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 08:59

Most importantly keep calm,if you have any elderly people in your house make shure they dont go out,keep yourself informed watch BBC regularly its very important to be aware of facts,our country is also slowly nearing a lockdown,number of people infected are same as in Philippines only difference is India ia a large country so the infection has not yet spread all over,but a lockdown is necessary to stop the virus from spreading,keep posting here so that others can share their views.
Arvind9
Posts4,730
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,884
Likes Received2,901/2,115

#3 by Darkstar2 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:35

Celestial_Maiden_08 wrote: hello how is everyone here? hope all of you are safe and healthy. We are under enhanced community quarantine or total lock down in Luzon here in Philippines and our President has placed our country under state of calamity. We are afraid to go out even to buy essentials. No work, no pay and so I am taking my chance in earning online. I am praying and hoping that covid-19 will soon be contained all over the world and we could all be happy and free from this incurable virus.

The most important thing you can do to be safe is not panic and follow directions, it is better to stay isolated, avoid gatherings, visits, guests, etc, as much as possible. Realistically it's going to get worse before it gets better, but eventually things will calm down, it might take several months at least, but if everyone follows directions and plays their part, things can happen quicker. The whole world is in high alert. stay safe, we all know which country is to blame for this mess, I hope that they will pay the price to make it up for the whole world that they held hostage!
Meanwhile stay safe and hopefully things will get better soon. Even here cases are doubling and increasing like crazy, we also are in high alert and lock down.
Darkstar2
Posts17,078
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,201
Likes Received12,379/6,602

#4 by valerie » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:48

I'm fine.

Went to the local 'Dollar General Store' today. I was looking to see if they had powdered milk
and they didn't. I saw the most people I had ever saw in that store, stocking shelves. They
had plenty of toilet paper, bleach, etc. There was signs saying they would close one hour
earlier and be open their first hour for senior citizens. They are also limiting short supplies
to three products....such as one bleach, one toilet paper, one paper towel.

Restaurants are not allowed to be open for seating but they can deliver and people can use
the drive thru.

Most all events are closed in which large people gather. Disney World and Disney Land are
closed, sports events, etc.

We are cautioned to stay 6 feet away from others, stay in our homes unless absolutely
necessary, only buy what we need for a week or two at a time.

Some States have or partial areas on the States, have curfews and some do not allow the
people out and about at all unless it is an emergency.

Everyone is hoping with Summer coming on that it will kill the virus.
valerie
Posts21,899
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,383
Likes Received19,617/8,277

#5 by josealvesjr » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:30

I certainly hope so Valerie that higher temperatures will reduce the spread. However here in Brazil it is still summer (today 33 celsius) but the number of infectees are on the rise. It is not out of control like in Europe but nonetheless. Higher temperatures surely will have a less negative effect on the spreading of the virus but surely will not solve it. Common sense of people`s daily movements and a total new approach of ones behavior p.e the touching of elevator buttons, shopping carts, hand shakes, door knobs just to name a few might work preventive.
Here in Rio the state government and city hall have implented far reaching measurements, like NO BEACH, work from home, no large gatherings, buses and subway only for seated people no standing passengers, closing of cinemas etc.
Lets see what happens and what the impact will be.
josealvesjr
Posts1,691
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given424
Likes Received1,283/835

#6 by tasman1 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 13:50

To be honest .................... like a shit , scared , man made virus to kill most of us [ old first ]
tasman1
Posts16,038
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,509
Likes Received15,874/8,264

#7 by Darkstar2 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 14:09

valerie wrote:
Everyone is hoping with Summer coming on that it will kill the virus.

That is complete bullshit - Realistically this pandemic could last past summer, into autumn - Summer will just make it more difficult as people are confined to their homes Not everyone has the luxury of having AC. Some people go out of their homes, do outdoor activities, go to restaurants, go to gyms, where it is nice and cool, malls where there is AC, public places where there is AC. Summers have become scorching hot in many parts of U.S. and Canada, imagine being confined in your home with indoor temperature of 35C when you have no AC and only fans just blowing back the hot air !

So no they initially thought this would be resolved before the summer, or during, but now with the growing cases it is unrealistic, summer won't kill anything, what will put a stop this bats from hell virus, is if people stop traveling, follow directions, and avoid contact / stay isolated for the amount of time exceeding incubation periods of the virus, once that happens, then you will see amount of NEW cases drop until the only thing left are the existing cases. BUT until then,
you will se hundreds of more cases every single day.

Summer / heat killing the virus or considerably slowing down the spread is misinformation and is NOT true. Medical experts admit now that there could be cases surging well into the summer.
Darkstar2
Posts17,078
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,201

#8 by Darkstar2 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 14:15

josealvesjr wrote: I certainly hope so Valerie that higher temperatures will reduce the spread.

That is misinformation that was initially spread to try to calm down the panic. This has been debunked, as myth.
There are countries with scorching hot weather that have some of the worst cases now.

In New York for now anyway, school closures are expected to last for some time, some claim several months, Some provinces here and even in some states / countries, they are even talking about possibility of closures till autumn.
There is no data to indicate a light at the end of the tunnel - the number of cases have not reached their peak yet.

tasman1 wrote: To be honest .................... like a shit , scared , man made virus to kill most of us [ old first ]

You still think it is man made, who made it ? The whole world is being held hostage, I do not think this is man made, it is STUPIDITY and NEGLIGENCE, poor hygiene, and wet markets, man made ? Maybe not, but man sure helped its proliferation - Wild life animal including bats where minding their own business until humans decided to kill them and sell them in open markets, Well now we are all paying the price. I hope that the bat eaters will live with a guilty conscience the rest of their life.
Darkstar2
Posts17,078
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,201

#9 by valerie » Tue Mar 17, 2020 14:30

I don't think anyone was trying to debunk when they said summer may reduce
the virus. It's just common knowledge that most people get sick with a cold and
or flue in the winter months. I guess that is why they call a cold, a cold.

(33°C × 9/5) + 32 = 91.4°F

I had to look it up since the average American still uses Ferenheight....farenheight.....feranheight...
fahrenheite........fahrenheight......fahrenheit....

I do hope the average American can spell it.

So anyway, if it is 91 degrees where you are and the virus is still spreading, looks like we're going
to have a very very long hot summer here. Where I am, it gets very humid and up into the low
100 degree fahrenhight..... :? :roll: fahrenheit...
valerie
Posts21,899
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,383

#10 by valerie » Tue Mar 17, 2020 14:32

Hey, it might be a good idea to change your filters frequently.
valerie
Posts21,899
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,383

#11 by Darkstar2 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 14:46

lol don't compare the cold with this, this is an apocalypse in comparaison :lol: People get colds in the summer though cases are rare. As far as covid19, given the current circumstance surrounding it, which is very unusual and historic, it is untrue that summer will eliminate or reduce spread to any degree high enough to ease cases. Not only is it written in articles online, I have personally asked people in the medical field, and people I know who work in the field, and they said that no, summer will not turn things around, in fact hospitals / clinics, etc are expected to remain quite busy for the months to come. HOPEFULLY the number of cases would reach its PEAK in the summer, but not because of the hot weather.... We are in unknown territory and nothing can be predicted as to this virus, right now we are FAR from its peak, I think it would be reasonable to make some educated guesses that cases could keep surging for the next few months, and possibly even into the summer, BUT there again there would need some drastic measures and a significant turn around of events for things to get better before summer. PROBLEM IS THIS, countries have waited TOO LONG to lock down, they waited until disaster strikes, and ACT LATER, they were afraid to take harsh measures by fear of harming economy........BUT what they did had the opposite effect, nothing acting sooner means there were thousands of cases building up, where they could have easily been contained EARLY and stopped.....SO the market reacted to that.
Acting sooner would have created a sharp YET very short lived recession with quick recovery..... YET NOW, they acted late, made things far worse, and now we are definitely plunged into a recession and the outlook is not as positive as once believed, it could very well be a recession similar to 2008, AGAIN, unless there is significant change and fast ! Nobody can know for sure anymore, even Trump admitted that this virus is more serious than thought and to expect lasting and dire consequences to the economy. For Trump to finally admit such things means it's serious - He figured it's no point in sugar coating things anymore, he knows that doing so will have the opposite effect, and he probably knows that his odds of re-election are slim anyway, I mean even if the virus and recession is not his fault, no president gets re-elected amidst a a world crisis no matter who's fault it is.

So America can expect to remain in high volatility, uncertainty and recession for at least the next 4 years or more, if the Democrats win.....best case scenario, Trump wins and we could start to see significant recovery by Q1-Q2 2021.
Darkstar2
Posts17,078
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,201

#12 by josealvesjr » Tue Mar 17, 2020 14:46

I guess the smaller things we least pay attention to and take for granted, like cleaning filters, door knobs, hand rails etc. are always the transmitters of nasty stuff.
josealvesjr
Posts1,691
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given424
Likes Received1,283/835

#13 by Celestial_Maiden_08 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 09:08

Summer is fast approaching too in the Philippines and number of infected cases is increasing to 200+ now with strict curfew in communities and now extreme enhanced quarantine to some cities due to many cases of infected in their area. Our government is permitting only 1 member of the household to leave house and buy essentials (food/water/medicines etc.) but still I can see families living in the streets who have no home to sleep and they are more prone to infection of the virus...hoping our government will extend help and give them temporary shelters or re-home them somewhere safe. I don't know how long this virus will last and my bank account is crying...funds getting low...and I am seeking more additional extra income online. All I want is for everything to calm down....praying harder that scientists/researchers/doctors will soon successfully develop a vaccine....hoping for the best.....hope all of you are okay and in good health!
Celestial_Maiden_08
Posts233
Member Since31 Dec 2008
Last Visit26 Oct 2021
Likes Given86
Likes Received131/89
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Dec 1, 2021 19:39:50 PST