Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral Talkcovid-19
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
covid-19

#21 by sonyjmn » Tue Mar 17, 2020 00:43

Bad news Virus in my city

One woman aged 55 yrs tested positive in my area where i live

Very scary situation

i don't want to die soon still many responsibilities to fullfil

my daughter is 22 months old

lot of things to do

lets hope how will be the destiny
sonyjmn
Posts7,766
Member Since25 Sep 2012
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,452
Likes Received5,139/3,044

#22 by suraraj » Tue Mar 17, 2020 00:46

Do not panic. Take precautionary measures.Which City?
suraraj
Posts970
Member Since24 Nov 2017
Last VisitToday
Likes Given212
Likes Received815/544

#23 by sonyjmn » Tue Mar 17, 2020 00:47

Bangalore

Thanks taking necessary steps

By washing hands many times

Drinking Orange Juice, Butter milk and water

not going out of house

In case emergency to go out wear a mask on face and come back on time

Most of cases are in the age group from 55 to 70 age

mostly elders are facing this may be due to lack of immunity

What can be done doing that all

Rest it is based on our fate and destiny
Last edited by sonyjmn » Tue Mar 17, 2020 01:06 » edited 1 time in total
sonyjmn
Posts7,766
Member Since25 Sep 2012
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,452

#24 by george_stobbart » Tue Mar 17, 2020 02:23

Hi, in Italy there are 23073 people infected with coronavirus, with 2158 deaths, the situation gets worse every day, even if we leave the house only to work, shop for food and for health reasons.

My advice is to leave the house only if necessary, wash your hands often with an alcohol-based product, so possible germs die, do not be ashamed to use a mask, do not panic.
george_stobbart
Posts562
Member Since28 Sep 2016
Last Visit26 Nov 2021
Likes Given310
Likes Received156/117

#25 by Nikorj » Tue Mar 17, 2020 05:49

I don't dislike Trump and actually think he's the best candidate as a president for the US (At least better than the alternative), But he need to wake up before The US comes in really serious trouble (If it's not already to late).

And here we are lucky and happily unaware of the "REAL" current situation

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

500.000 Danes are more knowledgeable than our health department (Social media mostly), It's from a satire newspaper :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nikorj
Posts1,909
Member Since27 Apr 2014
Last Visit9 Nov 2021
Likes Given1,461
Likes Received1,585/1,018

#26 by josealvesjr » Tue Mar 17, 2020 06:07

charmoeren wrote: let us kill all the bats

Please do not misunderstand the importance of most or maybe all bat species.Killing off bats will have an extremely negative impact on the environment.
Qoute:Bats play an important role in many environments around the world. Some plants depend partly or wholly on bats to pollinate their flowers or spread their seeds, while other bats also help control pests by eating insects.
josealvesjr
Posts1,691
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given424
Likes Received1,283/835

#27 by valerie » Tue Mar 17, 2020 08:24

Bats - Bats are cute. Some species look like puppy dogs with wings. Bats eat trillions upon trillions of insects every year. If our world did not have bats, we would be over run with insects and probably see more disease. When you look at the open street market in Wuhan, it is not like one's ordinary street market. It is in fact, a disease waiting to happen. I truly doubt it was just a bat that caused this virus. I would fathom that it is more of the unclean area in which those bats and other poor animals, are slaughtered right in the street, with blood every where and peoples hands all over the raw meats and everything. You know something bad has got to happen from such a horrific area as that. And I am not downing China. I always wanted to visit China as they have so much culture and so much to see. However, there are also places in China I would certainly not want to visit.

Trump - I was for him and still am. He's actually done more of what he said he would do, than other politicians. And he would do even more if the democrats would agree. I don't like Trump as in his personal life. He is also not much of a speaker but in one way, I kind of like that because he speaks so that everyone can understand what he is saying. I've even had to look up words of some politicians to get the definition and no one should have to do that when listening to a country address. Trump has not done anything negative in regards to this virus. Just the opposite. Of course the media would like people to believe that. When I look at such a great country as the USA, I can't help but wonder WHY we don't have better and more knowledgable and more sympathetic people running for presidency. Trump is the best we have right now. Biden totally is a poor candidate and so is Sanders. I don't think either one can beat Trump but we will see.
valerie
Posts21,899
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,383
Likes Received19,617/8,277

#28 by josealvesjr » Tue Mar 17, 2020 08:42

About what or which animal transmitted or caused this outbreak many versions go around. The most convincing one seems to be an armadillo or a bat. I know that all countries have there own (food)traditions and cultures and we have to respect that. What I eat here might be considerd disgusting somewhere else .But when it comes down to food preparation, sanitair ,hygiene and cleanliness there should be no universal differences. China in that regard holds low to no standards.

No so long ago the Chinese regime/government had to order chinese tourists to stop spitting on the streets in other countries because it is a normality in China.
Last edited by josealvesjr » Tue Mar 17, 2020 08:47 » edited 1 time in total
josealvesjr
Posts1,691
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given424
Likes Received1,283/835

#29 by Darkstar2 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:42

sonyjmn wrote: Bad news Virus in my city

One woman aged 55 yrs tested positive in my area where i live

Very scary situation

i don't want to die soon still many responsibilities to fullfil

This is the exact thing people should avoid ! PANIC. Unless you are over 60 and/or have a weak immune system along with existing conditions / illness, then your risk is very low Most people will recover from this, the mortality rate is still in the low single digit for now. Some cases where younger people have died of this, but they all had health conditions. It's important that you not panic - that can contribute to weakening your immune system - stress/panic releases cortisol, that's never a good thing for your immune system.

Also unless you had close contact with that person in your area, touching, being in proximity to their cough, droplets, etc, the risk of transmission is low.

SO try not to focus on the fact you will die, that person in your area has far more risks than you do.

The problem is not mortality, it is the reality that a very large number of people will be contaminated, but majority will recover, just like having a bad cold, some might even get it like a very mild cold.

Also I know that public transport in India is very crowded, just avoid or minimise your risk factors as much as you can and you will be fine. Remember that the virus is not spreading - PEOPLE are spreading it - I think if everyone follows directions and make some sacrifices, things can be much better than they are now..........especially for younger generation who want to always party, rave, go to bars and gather in large groups. :P
Darkstar2
Posts17,078
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,201
Likes Received12,379/6,602

#30 by sonyjmn » Wed Mar 18, 2020 05:26

The number of cases is increasing in India

Crossed above 100

For vaccine it will take 6 months

situation getting worse

btw Trump has predicted this Virus will continue till August month
sonyjmn
Posts7,766
Member Since25 Sep 2012
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,452

#31 by josealvesjr » Wed Mar 18, 2020 06:24

sonyjmn here is a site where you can follow the developments of the corona virus (covid-19) hit countries around the world.They update every few minutes 24/7.

[LIVE] Coronavirus Pandemic: Real Time Counter, World Map, News - YouTube
josealvesjr
Posts1,691
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given424
Likes Received1,283/835

#32 by Arvind9 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 06:37

Dont panic if at any time you feel sick call up your doctor,he will tell you where to get yourself tested,dont neglect one member of a family can infect others in the family,if you act fast you will get cured,any elderly people in your family take care of them dont let them go out,old people are more likely to be affected,anyone having health issues are also more affected by the virus,85% of deaths in the world are that of older generation
Arvind9
Posts4,726
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given3,880
Likes Received2,900/2,114

#33 by Darkstar2 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 08:37

sonyjmn wrote: The number of cases is increasing in India

Crossed above 100

For vaccine it will take 6 months

situation getting worse

btw Trump has predicted this Virus will continue till August month

This is the problem - this virus is VERY unpredictable, nobody would have predicted a world pandemic and global recession before or that markets would tumble near 37%, this is turning out to be 2008 all over again, though for different reasons. Medical authorities already have stated that "virus will disappear in the summer" claims are all false. Even Trump hiimself said that heat of the summer will stop spread and kill the virus but now he knows it is not true.
Nobody can know for sure. One thing I do know, they COULD help STOP spread to a level where the number of cases each day goes down until no new cases, if people follow proper lock down rules, so if everyone does their part, the spread could very well be stopped within 1 month's time. I would HATE to think that this bullshit will last beyond the summer, that would be really horrible, it would mean that things are out of control. How the HELL could there be strict lock downs everywhere and yet this could go through to August - so nobody knows, best case scenario it could ease BEFORE the summer.....WORST CASE scenario, it could go on through the summer and even fall. NOBODY can predict for sure, but so far things look like they are on the worst case, if relying on the growing cases. Only China so far has contained and helped reduce the number of daily cases compared to other countries.
Darkstar2
Posts17,078
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,201
Likes Received12,379/6,602

#34 by sonyjmn » Wed Mar 18, 2020 09:08

the number is increasing because people from International countries are migrating back to India

Their travel history is like coming back from London, UK,USA

A 28-year-old woman, who had returned to Pune from the Netherlands via Dubai, tested positive for coronavirus and has been admitted to a local hospital, a government release said.

In Mumbai, a 68-year-old woman, who is a close contact of an infected US-returned person, tested positive, an official of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) said.

This looks strange people who are migrating from different countries are getting positive results and the main country is china though

@josealvesjr

thanks for the link. but daily reading these numbers i'm getting some what stress better to avoid for few days please don't mind

since there is no remedy for this virus and the numbers are increasing day by day no decrease.........

@ Arvind

I'm fine and all my family members are fine. no one has any symptoms of cold or sneeze any thing...
I have 2 elder people at home father-in-law and mother-in-law and requested them not to go out of house since it is not good to go

may be i'm too concerned for this situation....
Last edited by sonyjmn » Wed Mar 18, 2020 09:36 » edited 1 time in total
sonyjmn
Posts7,766
Member Since25 Sep 2012
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,452
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Dec 1, 2021 08:35:18 PST