Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkI am shocked
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
I am shocked

#1 by rrksh33 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 06:00

India's NET PACKAGE CHARGE has gone up in price.
I am shocked about the sudden change.
ySense earning not improve
ySense please increase more survey opportunity, offer and task
rrksh33
Posts183
Member Since1 Apr 2018
Last Visit29 Nov 2021
Likes Given173
Likes Received121/76

#2 by Arvind9 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 07:31

You mean internet charges ?
Arvind9
Posts4,746
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,904
Likes Received2,923/2,127

#3 by kannanmon99 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 08:22

yes same opinion
kannanmon99
Posts11
Member Since4 May 2019
Last Visit8 Mar 2020
Likes Given0
Likes Received11/7

#4 by Darkstar2 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 08:48

rrksh33 wrote: India's NET PACKAGE CHARGE has gone up in price.
I am shocked about the sudden change.
ySense earning not improve
ySense please increase more survey opportunity, offer and task

Welcome to the world of inflation - Companies hike their prices to keep up with inflation, BUT the people who work to earn wages, their salaries does not go up or does not keep up with inflation, and on rewards site, quite the opposite, the rates go DOWN. Everything goes up in price unfortunately. The same thing here, even WORSE, last year here they increased internet by $3 more per month + VAT, another $3 more for cable + VAT, and yearly they increase by $2 or more.

Prices for cable, mobile and internet in Canada are a RIP-OFF due to the monopoly of phone and cable companies, we are way behind tech and specifications compared to many countries. Some countries in Europe have much higher tier internet packages at a fraction of what we pay here.
Darkstar2
Posts17,097
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,207
Likes Received12,389/6,607

#5 by Arvind9 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 08:56

Its not due to inflation some telecom companies have not payed full taxes to the government,but if you have a long term relationship with your service provider they are reducing only usage rate remains the same,or you have the option to pay whatever the hiked rate is,my service provider is Airtel I have opted to pay the hiked rated.
Arvind9
Posts4,746
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,904

#6 by Darkstar2 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 09:06

Arvind9 wrote: Its not due to inflation some telecom companies have not payed full taxes to the government,but if you have a long term relationship with your service provider they are reducing only usage rate remains the same,or you have the option to pay whatever the hiked rate is,my service provider is Airtel I have opted to pay the hiked rated.

Well the way it works in my country is through corruption - The utilities, telcom industry rakes in billions of $ in net profits year to year, BUT they cry that they want more, the shareholders don't have enough - their CEOs with 5 figure a MONTH salaries do not have enough, so they ask for more more more, and who ends up paying, the contributors, whilst these greedy corporations try to justify the increase with some bollox basically just to make you believe that these hikes are essential, my arse..... So yeah clearly here it is not always about inflation as through greed, companies sometimes increase their rates well beyond inflation. There are companies that increase rates by 10-20% !!!!

Poverty is a big deal here, there are people who would gladly work for a fraction of that, but the dozens of CEOs and C-suite running those seedy, greedy companies seem not to be content with their 6 figures salaries yearly, they earn a bloody salary no matter how financially unhealthy the company is, and even when they are let go, they get a huge bonus pay check for basically sucking......It's pathetic.

You have governments here being very nice to companies in terms of taxation. It is the hard working contributor here that ends up paying more than half of what they bloody earn.

The even bigger shock is when you get hikes everywhere, suddenly electricity, cable, internet, municipal taxes, etc, all go up......but do the greedy ***** of companies think of the very workers who make them money ? NOPE, salaries remain the same. It's no wonder in this country, rich are getting richer and poor are getting poorer, there is barely any middle class anymore.

Also you chose wisely to opt for the hike over the reduced cap - nowadays with internet getting content heavy, it is ridiculous for companies to reduce usage. Here we are so far behind - Some companies offer caps as low as 60-100gb monthly that is CRAP, when you consider streaming services like Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, etc.
Darkstar2
Posts17,097
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,207

#7 by valerie » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:02

I have internet and voice thru a cable provider.
A few months ago, it increased by $10 bucks.

The voice is normally $30 but with internet it is $20.

I've been paying approximately $100 per month.

I decided to cancel the voice. I had turned off the answering machine because mostly I
was receiving robocalls. I was able to set the configuration to take note of the robocalls
and cancel the rings to one. It works for about 50% and the rest rings rings rings.

So just a couple of days ago, I call the company and ask them to cancel my voice service.

He says, I can do you one better and you can keep the voice.....how does $69.98 sound?
I said 'great'.

So now I still have voice and my service is $30 less per month.

I suggest you call your service company and talk to them. It doesn't hurt.
valerie
Posts21,901
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,383
Likes Received19,619/8,278

#8 by suraraj » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:40

Most of the companies did reduce the internet charges in India after a private company Reliance gave them a very tough competition. By now because of the price reduction they have started making losses to the tune of few ten thousand crores. So they have no other choice but to raise the internet charges. Also they have to invest for rolling out the 5G services. This require massive investment and also they have to pay more for the 5G spectrum. I understand that any increase will definitely affect the middle and the lower middle class people in India. But we have no other choice.
suraraj
Posts973
Member Since24 Nov 2017
Last VisitToday
Likes Given212
Likes Received816/545

#9 by Darkstar2 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:52

valerie wrote: I have internet and voice thru a cable provider.
A few months ago, it increased by $10 bucks.

The voice is normally $30 but with internet it is $20.

I've been paying approximately $100 per month.

I decided to cancel the voice. I had turned off the answering machine because mostly I
was receiving robocalls. I was able to set the configuration to take note of the robocalls
and cancel the rings to one. It works for about 50% and the rest rings rings rings.

But if you cancel voice, you are left with no phone, and I remember you said you had no landline, just VoIP. As far as robocalls, yeah the telemarketing crap, I get on a daily basis and now with this crappy VoIP thing telemarketers can spoof caller IDs, so you can block their # they can just create new IDs to counter your block. I'm assuming you got a few calls from the IRS statement you would go to jail unless you paid taxes, etc, there is lot of such calls here, fake, scam crap - you can NEVER block them 100%, not with the VoIP technology nowadays. And phone companies are responsible because they allow such a thing.

For the rest, yeah some companies can negotiate. They purposely gauge and hike prices in order to set a reserve for some of those negotiations :) They have a margin to negotiate, BUT watch out, some of those negotiations can carry a double edged sword. Understand the terms, some companies might LOCK YOU IN to some conditions in return for a discount.

Works like that here too, when you call to cancel something they will transfer you to a "retention agent" who will try to convert you back and avoid a cancel - I found that $6 increase per month is gd ridiculous considering the previous year I had a $2 one, so since they are not providing any improvements in return for the price hike scam, I usually negotiate an offer and it has worked so far, many people do. It would cost companies millions of $ in losses to lose customers over keeping them.

So it all depends on the company and agent, you may be able to get yourself a discount or you might be told to F.O. :D
Usually the discounts are for a limited time, they can say for the next 6 months or 1 year or whatever, at which point you can call back and re-negotiate, but companies are smart, they will find a way to recover those discounts later when they hike your rates really high - much like when there are class action settlement suits and you win, the companies will recover those with hikes.

I'm still with landline and happy, it is reliable, always on, SAFE and accurate in case of emergencies. I don't subscribe to the whole VoIP garbage, it relies on internet, and subject to outages and other issues. Our cable company's VoIP goes through the company's own network (extranet) but still, when you call 911 you go through an extra intermediary before you get transferred to the correct PPAP, you have time to DIE before someone gets to you, whereas with landline, when you call 911 your call is routed immediately to the correct point based on your location.

People who are of certain age should really stick to landline :P

The only problem is that landline costs more, but you get peace of mind.
Darkstar2
Posts17,097
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,207

#10 by tasman1 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:46

Australia

90.00 Per month

Included in price
Unlimited internet
Unlimited Australia wide call to standard phone
Unlimited mobile call to Australian numbers

Australian inflation is ZERO same as pension increase

Inflation in Australia calculation example

Example salami , cost 28.00 next week 32.00 , week latter 30.00 ... govt say price down from 32 to 30.00 = no inflation
Last edited by tasman1 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:52 » edited 1 time in total
tasman1
Posts16,062
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,538
Likes Received15,914/8,277

#11 by Darkstar2 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:15

tasman1 wrote:

Example salami , cost 28.00 next week 32.00 , week latter 30.00 ... govt say price down from 32 to 30.00 = no inflation

Nice SCAM they have running there.................
Darkstar2
Posts17,097
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,207

#12 by valerie » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:47

I have a mobile phone.

I use my mobile phone for family, medical appointments, pharmacy, vet appointments, etc.

My home voice, is primarily for junk and recordings. :lol:

Take surveys for example. Some times they want a phone number. I give them my voice number. :mrgreen:
valerie
Posts21,901
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,383
Likes Received19,619/8,278

#13 by Darkstar2 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 14:03

valerie wrote: I have a mobile phone.

I use my mobile phone for family, medical appointments, pharmacy, vet appointments, etc.

My home voice, is primarily for junk and recordings. :lol:

Take surveys for example. Some times they want a phone number. I give them my voice number. :mrgreen:

Well I wish t hey would call me for surveys, most of the calls I get are from Telemarketing scammers, I must be a scam magnet :lol:

There are days when I get called more than once by different telemarketers..

There are YouTubers making a living out of exposing those scammers on their channels and play around with them :D
Darkstar2
Posts17,097
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,207

#14 by rrksh33 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 18:44

I think people start to change their life style if companies rise the rate of all products and service like this.
every day middle and lower middle class people struggle for money
I think most of the state in India transportation charges were increased
it totally affect middle and lower middle class people
Last edited by rrksh33 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 19:05 » edited 1 time in total
rrksh33
Posts183
Member Since1 Apr 2018
Last Visit29 Nov 2021
Likes Given173
Likes Received121/76

#15 by tasman1 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 19:03

Only hyperinflation can save world . Hyperinflation can make world debt small, if not world can not repay this super big debt and it will collapse

Govt around world are paying some company to increase prices and at same time they lie , no inflation

World is bitch my friend
tasman1
Posts16,062
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,538
Likes Received15,914/8,277

#16 by Darkstar2 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 20:36

suraraj wrote: Most of the companies did reduce the internet charges in India after a private company Reliance gave them a very tough competition. By now because of the price reduction they have started making losses to the tune of few ten thousand crores. So they have no other choice but to raise the internet charges. Also they have to invest for rolling out the 5G services. This require massive investment and also they have to pay more for the 5G spectrum. I understand that any increase will definitely affect the middle and the lower middle class people in India. But we have no other choice.

So they want to push some overrated crap down people's throat, I mean 5G come on do people really need such ridiculously high speeds on their phones ? at the cost of safety concerns over RF EMI. Then tomorrow 6G with Terrabits of transfer ?
Darkstar2
Posts17,097
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,207

#17 by suraraj » Wed Dec 04, 2019 21:00

Why not. I need high speeds and I am ready to pay more for that. Internet with slow speeds is a waste.
suraraj
Posts973
Member Since24 Nov 2017
Last VisitToday
Likes Given212
Likes Received816/545

#18 by Darkstar2 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 22:41

suraraj wrote: Why not. I need high speeds and I am ready to pay more for that. Internet with slow speeds is a waste.

Mhm, do you know how fast 5G can go ? Expect to pay a hefty price to get anywhere near those advertised speeds for your internet , and you cannot go faster than the actual server you are downloading from, the fastest speed will be the limit per connection set by the server, load and other variables. For web surfing you really won't get any benefit. For downloading, streaming maybe, but there again it won't do no good if you are capped on your mobile, you will easily bust through your monthly bandwidth in no time So unless mobile companies up their game with their plans and offer significantly higher caps, it will be useless to the regular consumer at first.

Example here we have mostly plans of 750mb, 1GB, 2GB, and RARELY some carriers offering 4GB/month but it is extremely expensive here. And caps like that are a big JOKE, because you can bust those caps with streaming 1 movie on Netflix. So 5G here would be a big waste and phone plans / internet will cost an arm and a leg here with 5G when it is implemented.

So good luck :)
Darkstar2
Posts17,097
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,207

#19 by Arvind9 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 00:30

rrksh33 wrote: I think people start to change their life style if companies rise the rate of all products and service like this.
every day middle and lower middle class people struggle for money
I think most of the state in India transportation charges were increased
it totally affect middle and lower middle class people

Even here where I stay people travel by local train,metro have monthly,quaterly,yearly pass they get to their destination and walk to their place of work,there are more people walking on the streets,but the irony is the middle class,lower middle class,poor,and people living in rural areas elect a government,if you still end up electing a capitalist form of government then whom can you blame for your problems,think what is required before electing a government
Arvind9
Posts4,746
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,904

#20 by rrksh33 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 01:29

from my view, Generally if any countries have corruption people can not doing anything
people surrender under money. because they want to survive and wish to live like others
rrksh33
Posts183
Member Since1 Apr 2018
Last Visit29 Nov 2021
Likes Given173
Likes Received121/76
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Dec 5, 2021 18:26:53 PST