Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkQuestion
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Question

#1 by Madison91 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 17:46

About half a month has passed,I have a Question.

Why doesn't CS run independently?
I mean, just sharing the same owner but different website or the same domain as the sites but different board.

So Admin don't have to fix problems after Migrating websites.
Last edited by Madison91 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 17:52 » edited 1 time in total
Madison91
Posts403
Member Since8 Apr 2019
Last Visit26 Nov 2021
Likes Given292
Likes Received234/163

#2 by tasman1 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 17:55

CS is no more , this is another company , yS , ..........why so many think that this site is still CS ???????
tasman1
Posts16,020
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,491
Likes Received15,856/8,254

#3 by Arvind9 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 18:12

Clixsene is finished,need to have some patience and give ysence some time to put things together
Arvind9
Posts4,719
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,873
Likes Received2,891/2,109

#4 by Madison91 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 18:13

tasman1 wrote: CS is no more , this is another company , yS , ..........why so many think that this site is still CS ???????

I mean, why not using the old one.

Fixing bugs is more like to change newsites to the old one.
Last edited by Madison91 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 19:45 » edited 2 times in total
Madison91
Posts403
Member Since8 Apr 2019
Last Visit26 Nov 2021
Likes Given292
Likes Received234/163

#5 by Arvind9 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 18:17

They are in business they sold Clixsene to new owners,how can you be a part of something you have sold,
Arvind9
Posts4,719
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,873
Likes Received2,891/2,109

#6 by Darkstar2 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 18:23

tasman1 wrote: CS is no more , this is another company , yS , ..........why so many think that this site is still CS ???????

WELL perhaps because nobody was informed about site selling to a new owner, for most people they thought CS was under a maintenance and will be back. Not everyone figured it out or was observant in figuring out the obvious that site is under a new owner and new company. Even though the so many topics on forum that stated it - I guess not everybody reads into the details :)
Darkstar2
Posts17,071
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,200
Likes Received12,375/6,599

#7 by Darkstar2 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 18:31

Madison91 wrote:

I mean, why not using the old one.

Fix problem is more like to change newsites to the old one.

Jim was the owner of ClixSense, it was his company. He left the online business to focus on his offline business and family. The site, member base, etc, was sold to a new owner, new company called Prodege LLC. This new company runs and operates multiple rewards site including its own flagship site Swagbux that you may have heard about. It also operates its own market research company. Jim has no more involvement into new company. As far as using the old brand, unfortunately, as CS made major news headlines in a negative way, + its involvement in PTC, even though it was a legit PTC, unfortunately the industry earned a bad reputation due to many scams online, a brand change was necessary in order to gain back PayPal and possibly future partnerships with providers, some which have turned down CS in the past because of its involvement with PTC. So a new brand was necessary. That's business, people run a business for some years and sell it for whatever reason. Can this new site fill in the shoes ? We can only find out in the next couple of months, perhaps they can retain some or most of it, but maybe not all of it, who knows, not everyone has the same vision. The ultimate goal would be to retain what you were used to + add more opportunities, when, how, and whether it will be worthwhile is unknown.

The global economy is on a steep decline and we are heading in a very bad recession soon all thanks to this trade war that is messing up the world economy and throwing all your hard earned retirement investments down the toilet.
So how will negative market condition affect online business, well......we'll see.
Darkstar2
Posts17,071
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,200

#8 by proadco » Mon Aug 12, 2019 18:33

Darkstar2 wrote:

WELL perhaps because nobody was informed about site selling to a new owner, for most people they thought CS was under a maintenance and will be back. Not everyone figured it out or was observant in figuring out the obvious that site is under a new owner and new company. Even though the so many topics on forum that stated it - I guess not everybody reads into the details :)

That's not quite true. I figured it first of July. Then I confronted Jim about it.
proadco
Posts3,842
Member Since25 Feb 2007
Last Visit2 Nov 2021
Likes Given2,236
Likes Received1,952/1,324

#9 by valerie » Mon Aug 12, 2019 18:59

Well Darkstar2 and I figured it out way back in March, so there.

:lol:
valerie
Posts21,894
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,379
Likes Received19,615/8,276

#10 by Darkstar2 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 19:16

valerie wrote: Well Darkstar2 and I figured it out way back in March, so there.

:lol:

So you knew Valerie, I sensed that you knew something - some of your posts had subtle clues too (the balance thing) I even asked you if you knew something - I could not of course be specific at the time :P

I also did make a post in the CSR closed topic that I think I know what's coming next - and it was removed, not just edited but removed :D So that sealed the deal - I had 2 names in mind, though I did not know it would be Prodege.

One thing that was 100% obvious is the return of PayPal. The poll mentioned that Paypal is "currently" not an option, this was a big clue. It would have been very unlikely for PayPal to return under the same ownership. PayPal has a tendency of not reverting its decisions to cut business ties.

It would have been nice though to have proper closure to CS as with any company, so nobody knows if Jim's hands were tied or the circumstances at hand, he just had an offer he could not refuse, I think he was always open to the idea of selling eventually, if the offer is right.

BTW, wasn't ClixSense only payment method by Check and once a month in the original days ?
I believe that this is how GPT started, monthly payments. Only later came the luxury of multiple withdrawals weekly, instant cashouts, etc. :) We have gone a long way !

And now with the global collapse coming soon, maybe our next payment method will be in gold, silver and bronze, coffee beans, wheat and rice. :P
Darkstar2
Posts17,071
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,200

#11 by Darkstar2 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 19:19

proadco wrote:
Darkstar2 wrote:

That's not quite true. I figured it first of July. Then I confronted Jim about it.

:P

Point being, you knew, I knew, Valerie knew, maybe some mods knew, staff knew, most of the member base didn't, and it would have been very unlikely for Jim to reveal which company he sold to beforehand, it is not even stated publicly anywhere online, which is quite strange. When Figure Eight was acquired by Appen (another thing I predicted with 100% accuracy), it was announced well ahead of time. Most acquisitions are announced. This will always be a big mystery as to why this was kept under wraps.
Last edited by Darkstar2 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 19:22 » edited 1 time in total
Darkstar2
Posts17,071
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,200

#12 by valerie » Mon Aug 12, 2019 19:28

To be clear, it was only my sixth sense. And oh yes, I did throw hints.

I mean, it wasn't difficult to know something was going down because when he
put that new paragraph in the policy, I thought to self 'he's selling the database
or he is selling CS period.

I was not told anything at all in March, I just knew. I even made a post in the
mod forum with no reply until he did confide in mods he had sold.

And I even guessed Prodege as the buyer! The mod's saw my guess, too.

That person, whomever it was, male or female that was letting all that money
ride, I hinted the best I could to him/her to cash out.

Yeah, I am trying to remember but I want to think 'check' was the only payout
option but surely there was PayPal too. I don't remember for sure.
Last edited by valerie » Mon Aug 12, 2019 19:30 » edited 1 time in total
valerie
Posts21,894
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,379

#13 by Madison91 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 19:38

Emmmm.
Dear Valerie, can you tell us more details that allowed?
Madison91
Posts403
Member Since8 Apr 2019
Last Visit26 Nov 2021
Likes Given292
Likes Received234/163

#14 by tasman1 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 19:48

Madison91 wrote: Emmmm.

There is no movie Back to the past , but time to see movie Back to the future
tasman1
Posts16,020
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,491

#15 by Madison91 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 19:58

tasman1 wrote:

But We are all actors!
Madison91
Posts403
Member Since8 Apr 2019
Last Visit26 Nov 2021
Likes Given292
Likes Received234/163

#16 by tasman1 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 20:42

Madison91 wrote:
tasman1 wrote:

But We are all actors!

Yeah , but today I just watch same movies at many site
Movie title , playing at many site today

Title
Your payment has been successfully sent to your Skrill account!

Very good movie , action
tasman1
Posts16,020
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,491

#17 by proadco » Mon Aug 12, 2019 20:45

Darkstar2 wrote:
proadco wrote:
Darkstar2 wrote:

:P

Point being, you knew, I knew, Valerie knew, maybe some mods knew, staff knew, most of the member base didn't, and it would have been very unlikely for Jim to reveal which company he sold to beforehand, it is not even stated publicly anywhere online, which is quite strange. When Figure Eight was acquired by Appen (another thing I predicted with 100% accuracy), it was announced well ahead of time. Most acquisitions are announced. This will always be a big mystery as to why this was kept under wraps.

If Jim had announced CS was selling, would of been a bank run on ClixSense
proadco
Posts3,842
Member Since25 Feb 2007
Last Visit2 Nov 2021
Likes Given2,236
Likes Received1,952/1,324

#18 by Darkstar2 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 21:09

valerie wrote: To be clear, it was only my sixth sense. And oh yes, I did throw hints.

It was actually your FIRST sense :P

Quote:
And I even guessed Prodege as the buyer! The mod's saw my guess, too.

Well since you were already familiar with the company behind swagbux, you knew about its spending power, it is an obvious choice, and the most likely company being able to afford 8 figures ....

Quote:
That person, whomever it was, male or female that was letting all that money
ride, I hinted the best I could to him/her to cash out.

I saw through that and it was crystal clear to me, I saw through the CSR topic too, I even added some comments but it was deleted :P so I knew my confirmations were true, unlike you though, I did not guess it was Prodege, I thought it would be another large rewards site network :)

Quote:
Yeah, I am trying to remember but I want to think 'check' was the only payout
option but surely there was PayPal too. I don't remember for sure.

I think initially CS started with check only, PayPal came later. In fact most direct panels in those days paid by checks. I was a member of many and checks was the standard, eventually most of them added PayPal options, some offer even instant paypal options (SSI, PineCone, and few more).
Darkstar2
Posts17,071
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,200

#19 by Darkstar2 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 21:11

tasman1 wrote:
Madison91 wrote:
tasman1 wrote:

But We are all actors!

Yeah , but today I just watch same movies at many site
Movie title , playing at many site today

Title
Your payment has been successfully sent to your Skrill account!

Very good movie , action

:lol: You've made your obvious point - You can expect to see the same movie here very soon :mrgreen:
Darkstar2
Posts17,071
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,200

#20 by valerie » Mon Aug 12, 2019 21:24

Viewing my transaction history, I did check all the way thru to July 2011.

After that I went to AlertPay thru Nov. 2011. Then I went back to check.

I see there was PayPal Oct. 2012 and I eventually switched to PayPal up to early 2017
at which time I switched back to check. Probably around the time PayPal canceled CS.
valerie
Posts21,894
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,379
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Nov 28, 2021 02:49:01 PST