Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkAustralian Rich ???....tasman1
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Australian Rich ???....tasman1

#1 by tasman1 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 22:16

Most here think Australians are rich
Reality is Australians are very poor

Govt data , let see

Australian household debt has steadily risen over the past three decades as more of us aim to own homes and continue to rely on products such as car loans and credit cards. In fact, the ratio of household debt to income has more than doubled between 1995 and 2015, going from 104% to 212%, according to the OECD Data released in 2015. This means if the average person earns $80,000 net, they are spending $169,600 per year.

While many other developed countries have seen a decline or “levelling out” of personal debt since the 2008 global financial crisis, Australia’s debt levels have continued to increase. As a result, Australia is now reported to have some of the highest personal debt levels in the world.

In short , Australians can not pay debt back ever , yep , we play rich but in reality we are very poor

Hope we wake up here and ask for help some normal country like places in Afrika , Cuba , N. Korea , Siera Leone and rest, help poor Australia please

B.T.W , This country did take from mining in last 5 years only so much money that it was possible to give every Australian 100 million .. where is that money , gone to international rich
tasman1
Posts16,082
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,557
Likes Received15,927/8,288

#2 by Arvind9 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 08:04

Even you are rich how much you said $11,000 right

Dont agree Australians are opening restaurants in India,maybe you have heard of Sarah Todd she has two restaurants in India one in Goa and in Mumbai

Go to Google type Australian celebrity chef Sarah Todd ,you will see her .
Last edited by Arvind9 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 08:13 » edited 2 times in total
Arvind9
Posts4,759
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,913
Likes Received2,932/2,133

#3 by Arvind9 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 08:16

Try another one Australian celebrity chef Gary Meghan you will see him.
Arvind9
Posts4,759
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,913

#4 by rajukurup » Wed Jul 17, 2019 09:02

Most people in India opt to go for job seeking in Australia, but on seeing this report I believe they are doing a blunder when India has many oppourtunities, if the population explosion is controlled. Personally I am very secure and has zero debt and a very happy person by God's grace.I don't have over greed for comforts and wish to to lead a semi luxurious or simple life., and this attitude has given me peace of mind with only what is necessary to lead a decent life.
rajukurup
Posts2,827
Member Since23 Aug 2015
Last Visit5 Nov 2019
Likes Given3,506
Likes Received3,420/1,509

#5 by LORD_HADES00 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:15

this is joke lol, australia is a first world country and most australians have a good life, most of them are european descendants so they are rich

i would prefer to be born in australia than brazil
LORD_HADES00
Posts3,245
Member Since26 May 2014
Last Visit16 Apr 2021
Likes Given520
Likes Received899/534

#6 by Arvind9 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:19

Mr Tasman help our friend migrate
Arvind9
Posts4,759
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,913

#7 by valerie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 14:20

I watched a documentary not long ago about places to live.

It said that Australia housing and rental was extremely rising in price.
The reason it said it was rising is due to people from other countries
moving there such as USA retirees. Therefore property owners are
raising prices. Australians are mad at Americans and those from other
countries due to the result of rising property prices that Australians
cannot afford.

I'd be peeved too!
valerie
Posts21,909
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,390
Likes Received19,627/8,283

#8 by tasman1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 14:40

Arvind9 wrote: Even you are rich how much you said $11,000 right

Dont agree Australians are opening restaurants in India,maybe you have heard of Sarah Todd she has two restaurants in India one in Goa and in Mumbai

Go to Google type Australian celebrity chef Sarah Todd ,you will see her .

javascript:;

I see many billionare on TV from India , Are all Indians billionare and rich ?. no . most are not
Some Australian open restaurant in India , are all Australians opening restaurants in India , no , most are not
tasman1
Posts16,082
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,557

#9 by tasman1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 14:49

LORD_HADES00 wrote: this is joke lol, australia is a first world country and most australians have a good life, most of them are european descendants so they are rich

i would prefer to be born in australia than brazil

There is no Country in the world that we can say ...... all are rich or all are poor

For Brazil maybe you have more poor people than Australia but you have life , comunity , spirit and much more

And remember , here we buy all on credit , as a pensioner my credit card limit is 30 000 and have few , no country but Australia have that ,,, read above what is hausehold debt here

And you are Brazilian , be proud of that , what you are , who you are , I am Croatian and never will be Australian
tasman1
Posts16,082
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,557

#10 by dutch1898 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 15:04

I consider myself a rich Canadian,because we have no debt,no mortgage
and the bills are paid every month. :lol:
dutch1898
Posts1,372
Member Since2 Nov 2007
Last Visit15 Dec 2020
Likes Given1,024
Likes Received1,816/877

#11 by tasman1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 15:21

dutch1898 wrote: I consider myself a rich Canadian,because we have no debt,no mortgage
and the bills are paid every month. :lol:

Same here but most Australians are full of debt same for Canadians , same for Americans , european same for all in RICH western world , debt , debt , debt that can never be repaid
tasman1
Posts16,082
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,557

#12 by wildbillhickok » Wed Jul 17, 2019 16:28

Hmm Australia...kangaroos, koalas, Platypus (fancy animal that looks like a hybrid of a duck and a beaver) and rich people, of course, the debt is just evidence of the expensive lifestyle they have. I bet that millionaires from china when they do not move to Bristish Columbia in Canada they go Australia.

(I won't trace a parellel between Australia and my country because we cannot compare apples to oranges).
wildbillhickok
Posts253
Member Since23 Sep 2017
Last Visit19 Nov 2021
Likes Given124
Likes Received147/116

#13 by tasman1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 16:37

wildbillhickok wrote: Hmm Australia...kangaroos, koalas, Platypus (fancy animal that looks like a hybrid of a duck and a beaver) and rich people, of course, the debt is just evidence of the expensive lifestyle they have. I bet that millionaires from china when they do not move to Bristish Columbia in Canada they go Australia.

(I won't trace a parellel between Australia and my country because we cannot compare apples to oranges).

Your word .... and rich people ????? Wrong , You can say like this .... and SOME rich people [ some rich people are in your part of the world to ]

Here is post from WIKIPEDIA

Some of the latest information on poverty in Australia comes from a study conducted by the Australian Council of Social Service in 2012. The report, Poverty In Australia, shows that in 2010, after taking account of housing costs, an estimated 2,265,000 people or 12.5% of all people, including 575,000 children (17.3% of all children), lived in households below the most austere poverty line widely used in international research

That is from good times 7 years ago , now are bad times do the math

Or read this how rich are avg australians
The report, which relies on data from Credit Suisse, shows the level of wealth held by Australia’s richest 1% grew to 23% in 2017, up from 22% the year before, with the top 1% owning more wealth than the bottom 70% of Australians combined.

It shows wealth inequality in Australia has been on the rise over the past two decades, with the gulf between the amount of wealth held by the top 1% and the bottom 50% now the greatest at any time over this period.
Last edited by tasman1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 16:58 » edited 2 times in total
tasman1
Posts16,082
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,557

#14 by wildbillhickok » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:51

Quote:Some of the latest information on poverty in Australia comes from a study conducted by the Australian Council of Social Service in 2012. The report, Poverty In Australia, shows that in 2010, after taking account of housing costs, an estimated 2,265,000 people or 12.5% of all people, including 575,000 children (17.3% of all children), lived in households below the most austere poverty line widely used in international research

I heard about the b side of Australia too, I didn't do a good research on internet though, but i watched somewhere that the situation of Australian aboriginal people is very poor. I admire more the nordic countries like: Denmark, Norway (and Canada too)... ...All countries have poverty, and there might be some inequality in Australia too. But if we compare with Brazil (1) we have a far greater insurmountable abism between poor and rich (2) as inequality breeds criminality and violence (in some cases, I still not sure, anyway I'm poor and not violent :lol: ), we pratically have more losses in lifes than a country in war. Some Brazilians would get mad at me for saying this, and I understand, i like my country too I've been a military for a short period of time, and if I could go back in time would still be one (I'm patriotic not because of football, i love my country). In conclusion, we do have good things here too, the case is that i just can't figure out if they can surmount the bad ones.
Last edited by wildbillhickok » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:46 » edited 4 times in total
wildbillhickok
Posts253
Member Since23 Sep 2017
Last Visit19 Nov 2021
Likes Given124
Likes Received147/116

#15 by Darkstar2 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 21:18

valerie wrote: I watched a documentary not long ago about places to live.

It said that Australia housing and rental was extremely rising in price.
The reason it said it was rising is due to people from other countries
moving there such as USA retirees. Therefore property owners are
raising prices. Australians are mad at Americans and those from other
countries due to the result of rising property prices that Australians
cannot afford.

I'd be peeved too!

Right that's where you will hear the C word used a lot :P Housing a rip-off, same has here, I mean you'd need to be rich to buy a home, which often needs $50k-$100k remodel and REPAIR on top of the purchase price, it's crazy, you'd probably be better off building your own home for a fraction of the price :D

There is something called population control that governments should consider - unfortunately an ignorant society will often use the race card and cry racism, but I do think population control is a must. For governments to accept unlimited amounts of people when they cannot take care of their own, when poverty is on the rise, when there is not enough housing for everyone, where demand is sky rocketing and the ratio to offer is very unhealthy - that's a big problem.
As far as property owners raising the asking price, is that curbing the demand, nope, there are very wealthy Americans or other who will gladly pay for your overpriced home - there are people here buying 100 year old homes in dire conditions for bloody 500k, when that home is listed on the market as 210k!!!! It's crazy, but I guess not every home buyer considers their purchase as an investment, but just to settle in and die there :D so for them to pay inflated prices is pocket change they have much more where that comes from.

In this country, particularly province, there is lack of housing and apartments, it is said day to day on the news, you have people on the streets who cannot find a place to live, it is over crowded and over populated, do you think it is normal for a greedy government to just keep accepting unlimited amounts of people ? Then you have hospitals overflowed that cannot possibly treat all patients.

Population control goes a long way IMO, also locals in any country should be respectful of immigrants, they should blame instead the governments instead for their greed.

Sorry to say this but Australia would be the last place I'd want to live, there are far better choices in terms of cost of living, crime rate, peace, people, etc. Though I am convinced that Canada is far worse on many levels than Australia, in some areas........
Darkstar2
Posts17,110
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,209
Likes Received12,392/6,610

#16 by Nikorj » Mon Jul 29, 2019 01:12

Luckily we have 3 islands(connected by bridges), So we more easily can divide our population into rich/mediocre and rich bastards :mrgreen:

All the poor lives on our western island Jylland where only farmers live (the largest island that borders up to Germany), Those with a little more money to spend can have a place on the middle island Fyn which is the smallest (It's like being on holiday), You'll get that Copacabana feel instantly(Except te beaches). And then there's Sjælland where our capital lies and rich and well educated people like me lives and an apartment on 473 square foot cost up towards $1400 a month, Of course there are already available apartments if you need one tomorrow, But they cost at least $2200 monthly if not more.

Copenhagen community stopped caring about affordable housing 15 years ago and have only been interested in their luxurious apartment complexes since (waiting lists for a public apartment in Copenhagen is between 20-40 years) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can at least afford to buy a candle every 2nd month (and sometimes 2 if i can find a smaller one)
Nikorj
Posts1,909
Member Since27 Apr 2014
Last Visit9 Nov 2021
Likes Given1,461
Likes Received1,585/1,018

#17 by tasman1 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 01:31

Nikorj wrote: Luckily we have 3 islands(connected by bridges), So we more easily can divide our population into rich/mediocre and rich bastards :mrgreen:

All the poor lives on our western island Jylland where only farmers live (the largest island that borders up to Germany), Those with a little more money to spend can have a place on the middle island Fyn which is the smallest (It's like being on holiday), You'll get that Copacabana feel instantly(Except te beaches). And then there's Sjælland where our capital lies and rich and well educated people like me lives and an apartment on 473 square foot cost up towards $1400 a month, Of course there are already available apartments if you need one tomorrow, But they cost at least $2200 monthly if not more.

Copenhagen community stopped caring about affordable housing 15 years ago and have only been interested in their luxurious apartment complexes since (waiting lists for a public apartment in Copenhagen is between 20-40 years) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can at least afford to buy a candle every 2nd month (and sometimes 2 if i can find a smaller one)

My Dear Friend , told many times here and on many more forums .................West is Dying , East is rising

Nothing we can do about now , to late , we forgot to kill globalization some 10-15 years ago

We are out of date , time we vanish forever

All what you talk is not just in Denemark but in every country in western world , 100% totaly same situation
tasman1
Posts16,082
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,557

#18 by Nikorj » Mon Jul 29, 2019 01:54

I know, I'm just trying to give a little insight on how it is in other countries.

I also find it interesting how it is in other countries, You talk about Australia, Darkstar about Canada, And me about our little dot on the world map. Nice with a bit of insight.

What the hell happened
Nikorj
Posts1,909
Member Since27 Apr 2014
Last Visit9 Nov 2021
Likes Given1,461

#19 by tasman1 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 02:11

Nikorj wrote: I know, I'm just trying to give a little insight on how it is in other countries.

I also find it interesting how it is in other countries, You talk about Australia, Darkstar about Canada, And me about our little dot on the world map. Nice with a bit of insight.

What the hell happened

What happened ??? Here is my opinion

Globalization is killing West now and technologies will destroy East in few years . Amen . No job for West or East , population will go back to under 1 billion in next 50 years [ rent will go down a bit :mrgreen: maybe ]
tasman1
Posts16,082
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,557

#20 by Nikorj » Mon Jul 29, 2019 02:24

tasman1 wrote:
Nikorj wrote: I know, I'm just trying to give a little insight on how it is in other countries.

What the hell happened

What happened ??? Here is my opinion

Globalization is killing West now and technologies will destroy East in few years . Amen . No job for West or East , population will go back to under 1 billion in next 50 years [ rent will go down a bit :mrgreen: maybe ]

Ahhh that's how you do it.

Kill off 6.5 billion people and the rent will go down, I will immediately email Mr Trump with good ideas on how to start world war III.
Nikorj
Posts1,909
Member Since27 Apr 2014
Last Visit9 Nov 2021
Likes Given1,461
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Dec 7, 2021 22:58:21 PST