Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkChit Chat about RainForest
Topic Rating:

Jump to
ySense Customer Care CornerySense Knowledge CenterMembers LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Chit Chat about RainForest

#841 by Dinostula » Mon Aug 10, 2015 08:37

Middle name for Avant hits = Application error. :lol:
I really don't see any point of testing this application, because they don't fix anything.
Dinostula
Posts176
Member Since1 Jan 2012
Last Visit8 Sep 2017
Likes Given24
Likes Received149/76

#842 by SJSO » Mon Aug 10, 2015 09:28

761530
SJSO
Posts60
Member Since14 Apr 2015
Last Visit11 Feb 2017
Likes Given2
Likes Received99/27

#843 by Agnalp » Mon Aug 10, 2015 09:55

Got two nos of 89 Stepper VenderIQ.. Error at 48th Step.. Not showing restaurant names on left side :cry:
Agnalp
Posts516
Member Since3 Aug 2014
Last Visit13 Oct 2016
Likes Given680
Likes Received1,084/320

#844 by liricofree » Mon Aug 10, 2015 09:58

Agnalp wrote: Got two nos of 89 Stepper VenderIQ.. Error at 48th Step.. Not showing restaurant names on left side :cry:

yeah, same for me but I only got one :(
liricofree
Posts133
Member Since6 Oct 2013
Last Visit5 Feb 2020
Likes Given230
Likes Received80/49

#845 by Darkstar2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 09:59

remu123 wrote: one even a single HIT / ooppss today.. :(

We are going through another dry spell....... :D

I have not seen ANY hits since yesterday around 9-10pm. The usual block of hits
that come on midnight and during night did not come.

So either I'm expecting hard rain this afternoon or it's just another quiet cycle like
in June. :D
Darkstar2
Posts17,417
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,328
Likes Received12,554/6,742

#846 by Darkstar2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:05

Agnalp wrote: Got two nos of 89 Stepper VenderIQ.. Error at 48th Step.. Not showing restaurant names on left side :cry:

Nice one Agnalp :D But think of it this way, at least you got 48 steps done ! :D That in itself is higher than the average of most hits we usually get :lol: So $1.92 x 2 for you. :D Remember this is a game called report-the-bugs-that-don't-get-fixed-ever..... I think some of these companies who order tests are doing so for a tax writeoff :lol: There is no way that some of these sites never get fixed. :D
Last edited by Darkstar2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:07 » edited 1 time in total
Darkstar2
Posts17,417
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,328
Likes Received12,554/6,742

#847 by chmi » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:09

Still got this stupid error
An security error occured (Error #2048).
3 ooops were lost due high number of refresh.
Does anybody know anything about this?
I am using Chrome but when I go through gsm or home connection everything is fine
chmi
Posts291
Member Since22 May 2015
Last Visit30 Jun 2021
Likes Given159
Likes Received417/177

#848 by dicky09 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:08

hello how are u ??? :D
dicky09
Posts1
Member Since5 Aug 2015
Last Visit24 May 2016
Likes Given0
Likes Received0

#849 by Darkstar2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:38

Something very fishy is going on !

I had an 80 step HIT was at step 28 then all of a sudden connection lost !

When I refreshed hit to start it again I got invalid state, and then job already completed.

That was my assignment I got ! Is this a new abuse/scam from author or other reasons ???

Very disheartening! Anybody would be pissed off if it happened ! Won't get paid for the 28
steps.
Last edited by Darkstar2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:16 » edited 2 times in total
Darkstar2
Posts17,417
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,328
Likes Received12,554/6,742

#850 by Canuckmom1 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:47

That stinks Darkstar.

When it does that does it pay you for the steps you did do? They can see it was you doing the task since it links you your CF id?

I got a smartasset one that was broken on the first step. :(
Canuckmom1
Posts334
Member Since24 Feb 2013
Last Visit9 Aug 2019
Likes Given210
Likes Received187/123

#851 by Darkstar2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:51

Canuckmom1 wrote: That stinks Darkstar.

When it does that does it pay you for the steps you did do? They can see it was you doing the task since it links you your CF id?

I got a smartasset one that was broken on the first step. :(

No it does not pay me because I did not submit a hit, right in the middle of step 28
I got a connection lost in terminal, so when I refreshed the HIT restarted but
after the first step I got invalid state when I refreshed again it said hit was already completed.

First time I get an 80 step hit in 1 bloody year,
and this has to happen, this is very questionable.

In 1 year I never had this kind of sh** happen before.

Other than hijacking/hack or author abuse, the only one other theory I can come up with
is that among all the changes they made recently they probably lowered the time from 60min
down to something much lower. Which is very unfair. When I clicked the blue link
in the JOB ID, I did not pay attention to the timer, next time I will.
Last edited by Darkstar2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:17 » edited 5 times in total
Darkstar2
Posts17,417
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,328
Likes Received12,554/6,742

#852 by TorenAltair » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:59

Darkstar2 wrote:
No it does not pay me because I did not submit a hit, right in the middle of step 28
I got a connection lost in terminal, so when I refreshed the HIT restarted but
after the first step I got invalid state when I refreshed again it said hit was already completed.

Sorry to hear that. I think there are quite some problems as some can do more than a hundred HITs a day while others won't see a HIT at all. I could imagine that some already have bots for Rainforest-Standard-Tasks as well, so "cheap" money for them if the do this with many accounts.
TorenAltair
Posts1,692
Member Since23 Jun 2015
Last Visit1 Mar 2018
Likes Given211
Likes Received1,478/664

#853 by Darkstar2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:12

TorenAltair wrote:
Darkstar2 wrote:
No it does not pay me because I did not submit a hit, right in the middle of step 28
I got a connection lost in terminal, so when I refreshed the HIT restarted but
after the first step I got invalid state when I refreshed again it said hit was already completed.

Sorry to hear that. I think there are quite some problems as some can do more than a hundred HITs a day while others won't see a HIT at all. I could imagine that some already have bots for Rainforest-Standard-Tasks as well, so "cheap" money for them if the do this with many accounts.

No that's unrelated, I don't think bots is even possible, you cannot complete a hit with a bot, they have safeguards in place to prevent this, challenge and skill questions + they also monitor discrete data in terminal such as
computer info (mouse, speed, X/Y, etc.) I don't think that it is an issue. As far as those doing lots of hits, again, the only secret to doing big amounts of hits is TRAINING HITS + your contributor ID being inside the rotator
I think maybe my HIT was canceled by the test author (in other words scamming me of my time!)
or a glitch in the system, or someone hijacked it, who knows......Not everyone doing large amounts of hits are using bot or other, they just continually check and their range of ID is within rotation......Only time I managed to do over 100 hits in 1 year is 3 times and they were all from direct hits LOL.

I am glad this happened at step 28 and not step 80 I would probably have lost it :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean who wouldn't.

If anybody else here experience something similar please share, meaning that whilst working
on the hit you get connection lost and then you cannot restart or continue HIT.
Last edited by Darkstar2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:13 » edited 1 time in total
Darkstar2
Posts17,417
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,328
Likes Received12,554/6,742

#854 by TorenAltair » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:17

I didn't say most 100+ use bots, but technically I could imagine that some people have bots. Today they are so sophisticated with random patterns, really difficult to detect besides control questions which so far as I see are at least partly the same kind like x+y=z. But as I always tend to say: once is never regarding computers. So please keep us up to date if you encounter this again. :)
TorenAltair
Posts1,692
Member Since23 Jun 2015
Last Visit1 Mar 2018
Likes Given211
Likes Received1,478/664

#855 by Darkstar2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:22

TorenAltair wrote: I didn't say most 100+ use bots, but technically I could imagine that some people have bots. Today they are so sophisticated with random patterns, really difficult to detect besides control questions which so far as I see are at least partly the same kind like x+y=z. But as I always tend to say: once is never regarding computers. So please keep us up to date if you encounter this again. :)

Will do :D (removed the rest as it was O/T) :D
Last edited by Darkstar2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:28 » edited 1 time in total
Darkstar2
Posts17,417
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,328
Likes Received12,554/6,742

#856 by Katy112 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:28

:silent:
Last edited by Katy112 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:42 » edited 1 time in total
Katy112
Posts572
Member Since22 Jan 2015
Last Visit3 May 2019
Likes Given1,273
Likes Received850/343

#857 by TorenAltair » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:29

Darkstar2 wrote: Speaking of math questions, there is something particular I noticed, especially on tests that have 2 math questions in the test..

Although I'm doing Rainforest Tasks only since about a week I think I know what you mean... Actually because I always tend to assume traps I ordered today a calculator from Amazon for 7 Euros :D
TorenAltair
Posts1,692
Member Since23 Jun 2015
Last Visit1 Mar 2018
Likes Given211
Likes Received1,478/664

#858 by Darkstar2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:42

Katy112 wrote:
Darkstar2 wrote: Something very fishy is going on !

I had an 80 step HIT was at step 28 then all of a sudden connection lost !

When I refreshed hit to start it again I got invalid state, and then job already completed.

That was my assignment I got ! So what is it now
Very disheartening! Anybody would be pissed off if it happened ! Won't get paid for the 28
steps.


Quote:
Darkstar,I think hits.......Do you remember "explanation",which ..... ?


I read it, it's ok now thanks Katy :D

Yeah I remember, but it's strange, I never had this happen to me in the 1 year I was doing RF hits. I mean yes I had terminal issues and connection issues, but every time I could restart the HIT and work on it.........Maybe this is unrelated. and no this is stuff I don't usually "LOOK" for or decipher, to know these things you have to look for them. I AM aware of specific thing but not the same thing. nobody knows my tester ID, so I can rule that out,. as far as the other thing no I have not figured it, and I won't, what you don't know can't hurt you, it's best not to know this is one of the things better kept ! :D


Quote:
You are a very smart guy,remember .....

True but I guess certain things are best left undiscovered - whoever said that what you don't know can't hurt you is a genius and deserves a Nobel prize ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Darkstar2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:49 » edited 2 times in total
Darkstar2
Posts17,417
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,328
Likes Received12,554/6,742

#859 by Darkstar2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:49

TorenAltair wrote:
Darkstar2 wrote: Speaking of math questions, there is something particular I noticed, especially on tests that have 2 math questions in the test..

Although I'm doing Rainforest Tasks only since about a week I think I know what you mean... Actually because I always tend to assume traps I ordered today a calculator from Amazon for 7 Euros :D

Yes I mean when you do this over time you notice.

a and b

b = !a

They got to fix this, those challenge and math questions are bonus money paid to us.
You will often see 2 math questions and 1 challenge, that is 12 cents bonus.
So 100 hits x 0.12, you earn $12 just on those alone......If only they were properly
implemented and remove this tiny flaw :D

They should see a mix of challenge question like for example,

Show you 5 images and "Select the fruit" and make it random stuff.

So next time I get this 80 step hit, I will just ABANDON IT. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.......If there was a legit way to give my hit to someone else I would, but no way I am wasting my time.
This is why I prefer small hits, more hits but small ones.


The way they have things set up is crazy ! :lol:

and stuff like find the purple egg ........really - these only have one outcome.

there is one hit where you see an interface similar to the one you use to do hits,
and the step question asks you to click yes all the way until the end LOL,
You can cut the irony with a big knife :P
Last edited by Darkstar2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:54 » edited 2 times in total
Darkstar2
Posts17,417
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,328
Likes Received12,554/6,742

#860 by TorenAltair » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:57

I surrender for today.. Off sleeping :puppy:
TorenAltair
Posts1,692
Member Since23 Jun 2015
Last Visit1 Mar 2018
Likes Given211
Likes Received1,478/664
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Jan 20, 2022 06:38:30 PST