Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkPlease Help
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Please Help

#1 by DROIDSense » Sat Apr 04, 2015 13:01

Hello my friends, I just want to know how fix this problem on my computer. Two months ago until now, it shutdowns automaically a couple of times when Im using it. I have my MSE antivirus and nothing maliscious infection detected. It is a lucky day if it doesn't shutdowns. Im just wishing that it will not happened if Im doing survey :lol: Actually when typing this post, It shutdown twice :cry: Please help me and thanks in advance..
DROIDSense
Posts1,892
Member Since26 Aug 2014
Last Visit13 Oct 2019
Likes Given2,350
Likes Received1,271/757

#2 by SentinelOnyx » Sat Apr 04, 2015 14:03

DROIDSense wrote: Hello my friends, I just want to know how fix this problem on my computer. Two months ago until now, it shutdowns automaically a couple of times when Im using it. I have my MSE antivirus and nothing maliscious infection detected. It is a lucky day if it doesn't shutdowns. Im just wishing that it will not happened if Im doing survey :lol: Actually when typing this post, It shutdown twice :cry: Please help me and thanks in advance..

Hi DROIDSense nice to see you, and sorry to hear about your problem. Here is link to the list of problems that are causing computer to shutdown.

:arrow: Computer turns off without warning

I experienced the same problem with one of my computers. In 90% cases some piece of your hardware is overheating and computer to prevent permanent damage is shutting down. Go to BIOS and check temperatures of your components like Motherboard, Graphic Card, CPU etc.

You can use some program to that. There are many to choose from. In most cases you receive software with your motherboard for diagnostics but here are some links for free programs so you don`t have to search. ;)

:arrow: Open Hardware Monitor
:arrow: Core Temp
:arrow: HWMonitor
:arrow: Speed Fan

In some cases you can`t do anything about overheating and in my personal experience I cleaned coolers and fans (to be sure clean all the dust inside the box) on the component(s) that are overheating from dust and all came back to normal.

Good luck to resolve your problem and continue earning! :thumbup:

P.S. If my suggestion doesn`t help write and an alternative solution shall be found. Except if the component is dying as written before then you have to replace it, but for now try everything to save it.
Last edited by SentinelOnyx » Sat Apr 04, 2015 14:22 » edited 1 time in total
SentinelOnyx
Posts2,245
Member Since20 Nov 2013
Last Visit2 Dec 2020
Likes Given3,519
Likes Received4,619/1,599

#3 by DROIDSense » Sat Apr 04, 2015 14:44

thank you very much sentinel.. i will follow your instructions and post back again.. such a great help :thumbup:
DROIDSense
Posts1,892
Member Since26 Aug 2014
Last Visit13 Oct 2019
Likes Given2,350
Likes Received1,271/757

#4 by valerie » Tue Apr 07, 2015 07:37

They do make external cooling fans for computers. FYI
valerie
Posts21,897
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,379
Likes Received19,617/8,277

#5 by hyldig » Tue Apr 07, 2015 08:08

What did you install when the problem started . It is 1 or more programs you got installed that causes your kernel to crash . Did you get any driver IRQL message ?
hyldig
Posts871
Member Since8 Sep 2013
Last Visit8 Jul 2017
Likes Given63
Likes Received444/306

#6 by poiuy123 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 08:36

This can be due to anything from RAM errors to Overclocking or even a corrupt/incompatible driver.
Open the Event viewer & check the System log for any recent error messages around the time/date of shutdown.
Meanwhile, open the cabinet, take out the RAM sticks, clean it & the slots as well and put them back.
Sometimes dusty (& faulty) RAMs are the most common reasons for this behavior.
Also a running a Memory diagnostics with Memtest86+ wouldn't hurt. It will detect if the RAMs have any errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
poiuy123
Posts459
Member Since13 Feb 2015
Last Visit2 Aug 2019
Likes Given800
Likes Received747/308

#7 by oberder » Tue Apr 07, 2015 15:18

DROIDSense wrote: Hello my friends, I just want to know how fix this problem on my computer. Two months ago until now, it shutdowns automaically a couple of times when Im using it. I have my MSE antivirus and nothing maliscious infection detected. It is a lucky day if it doesn't shutdowns. Im just wishing that it will not happened if Im doing survey :lol: Actually when typing this post, It shutdown twice :cry: Please help me and thanks in advance..

I'll try and help you

For starters, uninstall MSE-AV ( Microsoft Security Essentials Anti-Virus ) and replace it immediately with a third-party AV publisher -- not only Microsoft has confirmed that their AV defenses are inadequate for current needs, it has also been reviewed by independent parties that review the services and functions of AV and AM programs available in the market

:arrow: Reference sources:
(1) Goodbye Microsoft Security Essentials: Microsoft Now Recommends You Use a Third-Party Antivirus
(2) Microsoft (allegedly) Now Recommends You Use a Third-Party Antivirus - News
(3) Microsoft Security Essentials (No Longer Supported?) - Microsoft Community

Most Third-party AV publishers in the current market offer paid AV services ( Symantec Nortons, BitDefender, etc. ) to Free ( AVAST / AVG / Panda, etc ) -- just remember to review the pros and cons of the AV that you think may help you; it's defenses, it's rates in flagging legitimate and false-positives, hardware / memory usage and consumption, and finally compatibility

I must agree -- if your gear is brand new ( less than 6 months old ) and is already experiencing shutdown issues, it may be heat related, and/or hardware related ( memory / processor ) -- it be best to visit a service center that it's assigned to, and see if you can get a maintenance check ( BTW, don't go to the 'chop-chop' computer shops, if you don't want a few parts missing )
oberder
Posts8,580
Member Since26 Jan 2009
Last Visit23 Dec 2016
Likes Given7,087
Likes Received4,675/2,613

#8 by hinsense » Tue Apr 07, 2015 20:07

I have the same issue with one of my laptops and I also get db*.exe file download popup. I will have to come back to this thread and read it peacefully, when my cat is not hovering all over me for a kiss and one more kiss and more and more. My crazy Kissna.
hinsense
Posts148
Member Since7 Oct 2013
Last Visit17 Jul 2017
Likes Given150
Likes Received87/60

#9 by hyldig » Tue Apr 07, 2015 21:53

Download Whocrashed . It creates a log file of what crashed your system the next time it happens .
hyldig
Posts871
Member Since8 Sep 2013
Last Visit8 Jul 2017
Likes Given63
Likes Received444/306

#10 by oberder » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:42

@DROIDSense

Just a follow-up ( call it a hunch on my end ): what OS and what OS version are you using?

If you just got a brand new ( less than 6months ) laptop/PC, I'll assume it's a Windows 8/8.1 -- because there seems to be some tech news circulating that a botched Windows Update may be causing the sudden and irractic shutdown for some Windows 8/8.1 users:

Reference sources:
(1) Microsoft's KB3001652 Breaks Down Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Systems - Updated - Softpedia
(2) KB3001652 Update Reissued to Address Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Issues - Softpedia

Basically, it seems that the Microsoft Update kb3001652 may be the culprit -- check your installed updates: open your Control Panel, then go to Programs and Features, then click on View installed updates -- now, inside View installed updates, click on the Name column to sort the items numerically; this will make it easier to find, check if you have kb3001652 installed -- if it's there, check as well if you have kb3024777 ( if this is installed, this should fix the botched patch; if it's not there, you'll have to manually get this at the Microsoft Update Center )

EDIT: if you can't get kb3024777, it be best to (1) set your Windows Updates search option from Automatic to Manual, then (2) uninstall the botched kb3001652 and restart your gear -- once you restart, Windows will search your a new update; now, since you changed the settings for Windows Update to Manual ( that is "Check for Updates but let me decide what to install" ) kb3001652 will appear but it won't be installed automatically -- when it does appear, hover your pointer on it, then right-click to Hide the update

From here, a quick check on the search engines should help you -- good luck
Last edited by oberder » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:48 » edited 1 time in total
oberder
Posts8,580
Member Since26 Jan 2009
Last Visit23 Dec 2016
Likes Given7,087

#11 by DROIDSense » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:51

thanks for all your kind replies.. I try to clean up my computer and it lessen the shutdown. I experience shutdown but not too often.. maybe I have to clean it again.

Hi oberder, Im using Window 7 starter.. I will try to check.. In the past few weeks I have installed all the updates that notifies on my desktop tray. :thumbup:
DROIDSense
Posts1,892
Member Since26 Aug 2014
Last Visit13 Oct 2019
Likes Given2,350
Likes Received1,271/757

#12 by oberder » Wed Apr 08, 2015 13:11

DROIDSense wrote: thanks for all your kind replies.. I try to clean up my computer and it lessen the shutdown. I experience shutdown but not too often.. maybe I have to clean it again.

Hi oberder, Im using Window 7 starter.. I will try to check.. In the past few weeks I have installed all the updates that notifies on my desktop tray. :thumbup:

Just remember: Open your Windows Update, then click on Change Settings, then set the option Check for Updates but let me choose whether to install them -- this will make your searching for Windows Updates manually, and you'll have to check this at least once every two-three days ( so you can get the security database updates for Windows Defender ) rather than the default automatic updating feature -- a small price to have than getting anymore botched updates ;)
oberder
Posts8,580
Member Since26 Jan 2009
Last Visit23 Dec 2016
Likes Given7,087

#13 by hyldig » Thu Apr 09, 2015 01:40

Disable windows update , only install securety update for explorer . Most Laptops crash when you download the other updates . Win 8.1 updates do always crash my Toshiba . The Win vista updates they put out was also crashing my last Laptop . Be careful installing Microsoft updates . They are like the Forest Gump quote : Life is like a box of chocolates , you know what you got you never know what you are going to get .
hyldig
Posts871
Member Since8 Sep 2013
Last Visit8 Jul 2017
Likes Given63
Likes Received444/306

#14 by incomehomejob » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:53

DROIDSense wrote: I try to clean up my computer and it lessen the shutdown. I experience shutdown but not too often.. maybe I have to clean it again.

Hi,
same thing happened to me years ago. Also cleaned it up and also was still crashing but less often.
For me it was simply CPU overheating and shutting down as 'self preservation'. :)
The problem was - my cooler wasn't working properly. Changed it and everything was fine. Open Task Manager while you work and you'll see whether your CPU is overloaded for some reason. There are also programs on the Internet for checking it's temperature.

This would be the simplest problem of all possible ones. I do hope that's the case. :)
incomehomejob
Posts7,047
Member Since24 Jan 2015
Last Visit21 Oct 2020
Likes Given32,720
Likes Received12,471/5,045

#15 by hyldig » Thu Apr 09, 2015 23:09

I got a question . Do you have anything from IOBit installed ? Their Advanced system care is working perfect , but their other programs is crashing my laptop . Something in the programs is making my kernel trying to access wrong memory areas and is crashing my computer . It might not be the updates you got down , it might be 1 or more programs you got installed that is crashing your computer .
hyldig
Posts871
Member Since8 Sep 2013
Last Visit8 Jul 2017
Likes Given63
Likes Received444/306

#16 by poiuy123 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 06:46

A note about IOBit softwares in context to the post above - in past IOBit have been accused of stealing Malwaredytes' malware definitions and incorporating it into their Security 360 product. There have been a lot of discussion in several forums about this & after the theft was subsequently proved, most security experts do not recommend to use any IObit product.
Here's the topic at the MBAM forum: IOBit Steals Malwarebytes' Intellectual Property

oberder wrote: For starters, uninstall MSE-AV ( Microsoft Security Essentials Anti-Virus ) and replace it immediately with a third-party AV publisher
I think that should be the priority now. For the sake of anything, ditch MSE - the sooner the better.
There are plenty of better alternatives out there.
If you go for the paid AV, I'd suggest Eset Smart Security. High detection; low on system resources.
It's a complete internet security suite including the Eset Firewall.

If a free AV is preferred, nothing beats AVAST free antivirus. You just have to register with your e-mail and you get
365 days of free registration. Avast also have a very useful boot-time scan which when scheduled scans the whole system even before the O/S loads at the next restart, specially handy for catching & removing stubborn rootkits.
Surely, the best free AV out there.
Last edited by poiuy123 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 06:49 » edited 1 time in total
poiuy123
Posts459
Member Since13 Feb 2015
Last Visit2 Aug 2019
Likes Given800
Likes Received747/308

#17 by hyldig » Sat Apr 11, 2015 09:42

I agree IOBits Mallware defender is prime suspect . It messes up the HTML area and rapidly forces the computer to crash . Kill it on sight .
hyldig
Posts871
Member Since8 Sep 2013
Last Visit8 Jul 2017
Likes Given63
Likes Received444/306

#18 by BouldRake » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:38

Quote:nothing beats AVAST free antivirus.

Except ten of the other twenty one antivirus packages that put themselves up for independent testing.
BouldRake
Posts2,841
Member Since1 Aug 2010
Last Visit15 Oct 2021
Likes Given10
Likes Received2,968/1,514

#19 by poiuy123 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 13:02

BouldRake wrote: Except ten of the other twenty one antivirus packages that put themselves up for independent testing.

The comparison testings are only for reference from a single source & shows a partial view of an AV's functionalities.
I rely more on my own user experience than on the statistics by sponsored & independent testing.
More than half the AVs shown there are not free (but trial-wares). The rest I've tried & tested in my computer before finally settling to Avast.
Avast has several unique and effective features which can practically save a computer's life & still has not become a bloatware unlike many of its contemporaries.
Best thing is, it does the job what it's supposed to do, and does it quite well without any fuss and feathers.

Only Eset comes to any close to it in terms of all-round performance by experience; but it's not free - (Unrestricted usage for 1 month, then purchasing is reqd. to continue.) Whereas Avast gives 1 yr. free license as a regd. user.
For me, Avast is the best free Antivirus software, after using all the other reputed ones.

That said, every system responds differently & one should decide only after trialling the program on their system.
We can only recommend based on our experiences.
poiuy123
Posts459
Member Since13 Feb 2015
Last Visit2 Aug 2019
Likes Given800
Likes Received747/308

#20 by hyldig » Sat Apr 11, 2015 13:44

I must be so naughty to agree with Bouldrake . Avast is known for leaving remains that crashes your computer if you try to remove it again . I have been using Comodo premium witch is freeware for 5 years without trouble caused by it . It is a grade A pay free security program .
hyldig
Posts871
Member Since8 Sep 2013
Last Visit8 Jul 2017
Likes Given63
Likes Received444/306
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Nov 28, 2021 22:26:28 PST