Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkEarning money through product promotion on YouTube
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Earning money through product promotion on YouTube

#1 by casey86 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:31

I have been looking into the affiliate programs offered by some of the online stores I shop at the most such as Amazon and Best Buy. The programs are simple. You sign up and if someone buys a product from their online store after clicking on your link to the store or product, you get a commission of that sale. I am very interested in this but I have never been successful in creating a high or even decent traffic website. However recently I had got the idea of wanting to create unboxing videos for YouTube in hopes of being part of YouTube's partner program to monetize my videos through their advertising. When I thought of this, I also got another idea.

What if I made videos reviewing the things I buy and put my affiliate link to the product I am reviewing in the video description? It seems like a good idea and I want to give it a try. My first concern that comes to mind: "Is YouTube OK with this?" While I do want to become a YouTube partner, I don't want to do anything that breaks any terms of service and honestly I don't know what I would be looking for in those seemingly endless tiny text terms of use pages. Lately I purchased and received a few items that I think a lot of people out there would be interested in but even more so if they heard a little good talk about it. These items include iPod touch accessories. I want to make videos showing me install and talk good about these items and in the description post a link to say Amazon or Best Buy for people to purchase the product I am reviewing, through my affiliate link.

What are your thoughts on this. Do you think it would be a good way to earn a little extra money? I'm always for something that allows me to earn more money and being creative about it just makes it that much more fun. :)
casey86
Posts213
Member Since26 May 2011
Last Visit31 Aug 2018
Likes Given54
Likes Received89/35

#2 by EmirX » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:42

Good idea !! go for it and for the youtube partnership try to use your own songs ! and audio and not copy righted !!! good luck im sure if you get above 3 k subs then your a partner for sure try to make many videos like first unboxing the ipod then setting it up ...... the more videos you have the better chance of becoming a partnership and start earning cash from Youtube :P
EmirX
Posts175
Member Since16 Sep 2011
Last Visit3 Jun 2017
Likes Given15
Likes Received118/42
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Dec 7, 2021 11:11:23 PST