For those using the Free Wordpress Blogging platform for PTC blogs.
On the free blogging platform from Wordpress, everything is hosted on Wordpress. So you are using their resources so you will have to abide by whatever rules they set. From what I have seen is that they block URLs to Paid-to-click sites even if you enter the correct HTML codes. The links will instead direct you to : Affiliate Links — Support — WordPress.com
Here are a few terms on that
Quote:WordPress.com does not permit the use of many affiliate links in blog content.
We define affiliate links as:
- Links to external services and vendors that include a unique identifier within the link destination to tie the link to your account. Personalized storefronts for services that use multi-level marketing or commission payout methods.
- Links to file sharing services or link redirectors that give you “credits” or payment when visitors click on the links or download the files.
- Links to pay-per-click services.
When WordPress.com encounters these links on your blog, we automatically take action based on the type of link detected. WordPress.com may:
- Change the destination URLs of these links to this page;
- Issue a warning to the blog owner requesting that these links no longer be posted; or;
- Suspend the blog in question.
So in simple words, even Wordpress is not safe for PTC blogs
. To use Wordpress, you will need to have your own domain AND web-space. And my suggestion would be NOT to purchase it from Wordpress. Get it from any web-hosting reseller and simply install Wordpress on your webspace. Then you have no fear of your blog being deleted because you are in control of everything on your blog.