Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkMoving back to Tn
Topic Rating:

Jump to
ySense Customer Care CornerySense Knowledge CenterMembers LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Moving back to Tn

#1 by valerie » Wed Jan 24, 2024 20:43

Tn = Tennessee

I sold my home and have downsized a bit, bought a home in Tennessee, not far from where I used to live.

It wasn't that I meant to move back to Tn or that particular area.

The housing market is so bad, it's difficult to find what one wants.

I've got a couple more weeks until closing and then I will be a Tennessean once again.

PS. I did consider Florida but there's too many gators, snakes, giant bugs, and storms.
valerie
Posts23,130
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last Visit17 Feb 2024
Likes Given5,896
Likes Received20,339/8,807

#2 by tasman1 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 21:19

Welcome back , was just thinking to post here about your absence here

So you are moving again , hope you will be happy at your old place

btw, Florida will be better [ my opinion ] and gators are nice , gentle creature , did se documentary about biggest one there , size of T-Rex :shock: :shock:
tasman1
Posts19,252
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given17,547
Likes Received18,588/9,847

#3 by Darkstar2 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 18:38

valerie wrote: Tn = Tennessee

I sold my home and have downsized a bit, bought a home in Tennessee, not far from where I used to live.

Congratulations, and a Republican state too, nice :mrgreen:

And all this time we were wondering about your absence, maybe you were busy with the primaries, too bad you missed this opportunity, you could have been the GOP's only chance to actually win in 2024 , maybe in 2028 ? :P

Quote:
PS. I did consider Florida but there's too many gators, snakes, giant bugs, and storms.

Well there you go, SMART, and you did the right choice, not only the gators, snakes, storms, but the people. The crazy culture and mentality, LOTS and LOTS of people are moving away from Florida, especially Canadians who went to live there. Cost of living is crazy high, crime is skyrocketing, corruption, people, and like you said, storms and bugs, and believe it or not some Canadians who went to live there moved to the Dominican Republic, I dunno, definitely better beaches, but literally close to another country ridden in vicious crimes.

Congrats on not joining the dark side and becoming another Floridian. I think Alaska would have been a better choice, at least you do not have to worry about insects and storms, though you better learn Russian first, in case one day, you know, Russia decides to take Alaska back, after invading it of course :lol:
Last edited by Darkstar2 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 07:49 » edited 1 time in total
Darkstar2
Posts19,869
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given7,072
Likes Received13,800/7,698

#4 by Darkstar2 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 18:40

tasman1 wrote: Welcome back , was just thinking to post here about your absence here

So you are moving again , hope you will be happy at your old place

btw, Florida will be better [ my opinion ] and gators are nice , gentle creature , did se documentary about biggest one there , size of T-Rex :shock: :shock:

I think you are confusing gators with lizards Tasman1 :lol: They are everywhere in Florida, you can even find them crawling up people's toilet bowls in the middle of the night.
Darkstar2
Posts19,869
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given7,072

#5 by ThomasHovgaard » Sun Feb 11, 2024 04:41

Just watched a youtube video yesterday of an american about 60y/o.
He left USA to buy a house in the phillipines. 30mins north of Manila.
Monthly rent for 3 rooms, outdoot and indoor kitchen and a big garden was 34dollars.

Ive been wanting to move from Denmark to Thailand for years but are now really thinking about the phillipines.
Id be a millionaire out there.
ThomasHovgaard
Posts18
Member Since15 Nov 2022
Last Visit21 Feb 2024
Likes Given1
Likes Received22/12

#6 by Darkstar2 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 06:57

Or you can come to Canada, where a 1 bedroom, cardboard box sized flat will cost you $1.2k a month :P

It's not only the $$$$ you have to consider, but the weather, crime, people, health care, etc... like here for instance, gang crime is rampant, you cannot walk safely even during the day in ANY part of the city, it's the far West and guns shooting everywhere, and not just specific targets but random people with no F'n history. Another alternative would be China, this is where Trump wants to move eventually, he knows he cannot win against the communist party, and besides, it is tradition for Dems to get 2 terms, so he has all his sights set on China, where he will be welcomed with open arms by Mr. Jimping himself. Your choice, debatable, there are better places, if not for the high crime rate, the scammers and corrupt politicians I would have told you some parts of Canada are pretty decent :P
Darkstar2
Posts19,869
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given7,072

#7 by Arvind9 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 08:23

Hate Xi Jinping how can he allow people in his country a DICTATOR is not supposed to welcome anyone,hate for him is rising,its already a Industrial superpower,6 month figures show retail consumption rising to 6.62 trillion Yuan,they say even people wih no income can afford a BMW
Arvind9
Posts5,586
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given4,499
Likes Received3,362/2,469

#8 by tasman1 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 15:02

+31C in row for days here at my place
Moving from my laptop place to my verandah :lol: :lol:
Moving from Vodka to cold water :lol:
tasman1
Posts19,252
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given17,547
Likes Received18,588/9,847

#9 by Arvind9 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 19:00

:D :D :lol: American patients has run out it could not make India hate Russia so now a hate India campaign has started,ask Putin INDIA no one in the world can defeat our propoganda
Arvind9
Posts5,586
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given4,499
Likes Received3,362/2,469
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Feb 29, 2024 01:45:26 PST