Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkYear 2021 Post Update ........tasman1
Topic Rating:

Jump to
ySense Customer Care CornerySense Knowledge CenterMembers LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Year 2021 Post Update ........tasman1

#1 by tasman1 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 00:14

Do you still remember my post in year 2021 ?
Post was about near future ........ no Internet , no Electricity , no Oil and Gas , no food , in short nothing

Here is some latest update
The Austrian Armed Forces have been correct in their latest predictions of national security risks, including a global pandemic, the Vienna terrorist attack and cyberattacks.

Now military experts have warned of a major power outage indefinitely.

The question is not whether there will be a big blackout, but when, conservative Austrian Defense Minister Claudia Tanner assured.

Blackout will cause traffic lights, ATMs, telephones, the Internet and other services to stop working, which indicates an extreme dependence on data digitization and a daily need for these devices.
One of the biggest threats to the modern state, Austrian Interior Minister Karl Nehammer said.

Experts from Austria have launched an informational support in which they provide vital advice on what to have on hand in the event of an event of this magnitude: fuel, candles, batteries, canned food and drinking water.

What to do when nothing works?.........Nothing , most will be gone , very fast
tasman1
Posts17,081
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given15,522
Likes Received16,759/8,752

#2 by Darkstar2 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 07:53

tasman1 wrote:
The Austrian Armed Forces have been correct in their latest predictions of national security risks, including a global pandemic, the Vienna terrorist attack and cyberattacks.

In the kind of world we live in, if you follow news every single day, you can see patterns, with that information you can make these kind of predictions with amazing accuracy, it's nothing shocking - it's like me making a prediction right now that there will be a recession, there will be more crime and shootings, and unrest, these predictions are easy to make.
As far as predicting a pandemic that was easy too - there are pandemics every centuries, we were due, and besides people eating bats, cats, dogs, snakes and smuggling wild life around, it was bound to happen one day that wild animal viruses mutate to human transmission - wet markets have existed for a long time and warnings were issued many times about the risks - but people never listen to reason.

Quote:
Now military experts have warned of a major power outage indefinitely.

And what the bloody hell is "power outage indefinitely" exactly ? When power goes out, it comes back. In Canada, one of the provinces many many many years ago was struck with a province wide complete blackout, no electricity for the entire population of an entire province - I have to dig up news, but think it lasted days - then a hail storm that left people without power for weeks - etc. Then I do remember in 1999 the whole Y2K bug scare, where they predicted that at precisely midnight on year 2000 the y2k bug would manifest and all computers would stop working - every single day for years we had to live with this y2k bug propaganda and bullshit. What goes down goes back up - if power goes out, it comes back - now the question is what is the CAUSE ? Of course a major EMP would naturally wipe the grid - people will have to live with generators for a while, and more gas into the air - great, just what Climate Change needs :lol: and eventually power would go back up - if there is going to be a major power outage indefinitely, it only means incompetence - in theory we should all have plan Bs, and maybe plan Cs and Ds to deal with these disasters !!!

Quote:
The question is not whether there will be a big blackout, but when, conservative Austrian Defense Minister Claudia Tanner assured.

when the sun stops shining for 3 consecutive days, that's when :P Some people here will understand the reference I am making :D

Quote:
What to do when nothing works?.........Nothing , most will be gone , very fast

Austrians can move to America then - there's lot of fuel, electricity and free money for the asking, at least until 2024 :D

and no problem the Democrats have you covered - in a few years all Americans will have solar powered homes and fully electric cars or just anything they ask for - except for freedom to decide whether to have an unwanted child or not :P
Darkstar2
Posts18,436
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,639
Likes Received12,993/7,101

#3 by valerie » Mon Jun 27, 2022 05:41

As they always say, if you want to keep the peace don't talk about religion or politics. Sooo good, talk about water.

If there is no water, there is no electricity.

Electricity won't come back if there is no water source.

That brings me to 'wells'. I prefer a well opposed to city water. Unfortunately I am on city water and that's why I drink bottled water. City water never taste good, no matter where I have lived. City water always has a slight odor of some sort, usually bleach or chlorine. Well water is a pure natural source. Of course, well water would probably not be safe in areas close proximity to chemical hazards. How deep the well is, matters a lot.

I'm sure a lot of people would have a difficult time trying to live in a western world atmosphere of days long gone. A cabin in a very dry area, living off shallow well water, burning candles or oil at night, going to bed at dark, planting and working a garden, protecting their dried up spot of land with a shotgun, milking the cow, drinking warm fluids, etc. The only place to get a good drink is at the whiskey saloon in town 30 miles away. Entertainment is the whiskey saloon, tossing rocks in a circle, sitting on the porch counting lightning bugs, snake shooting with pa, and telling bs stories.
valerie
Posts22,558
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,635
Likes Received20,022/8,573

#4 by Darkstar2 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 08:06

valerie wrote:
If there is no water, there is no electricity.

With all the floods around the world, some countries could donate the water :mrgreen: If your source of electricity is water, obviously, it's not like earth is drying up anytime soon though, the ice caps are melting, and it's the opposite that is going to happen, eventually land will disappear and it's more water you will see, in fact most of earth's surface is water anyway :D If water runs out as a source for electricity, there will be other methods, not the good kinds, but methods.
the claims of power going out indefinitely is far fetched - frequent outages, longer outages, yes definitely, in some countries I believe they cut power at certain times of day, (planned outages).

Quote:
Electricity won't come back if there is no water source.

They'll have to import water then or build water producing factories - Water is H2O, but it's not as easy as just mixing hydrogen and oxygen, the process itself is very delicate and risky, since it involves potential explosions, that will require a lot of exploding to get enough water created - so not an option I guess...... Creating weather machines to create conditions for rain ? Sounds like science fiction but in theory could be done, but crazy expensive.

Quote:
That brings me to 'wells'. I prefer a well opposed to city water. Unfortunately I am on city water and that's why I drink bottled water. City water never taste good, no matter where I have lived. City water always has a slight odor of some sort, usually bleach or chlorine. Well water is a pure natural source. Of course, well water would probably not be safe in areas close proximity to chemical hazards. How deep the well is, matters a lot.

Yeah I hear you about city water, that chlorine smell, that's why I call it pool water :lol: There are cities in Canada with very good water treatment standards, but still city water is city water, and cannot compare with pure spring water. Isn't tap water just recycled toilet water, the same water coming out of people's toilets and into the sewer lines - it's a good reminder next time someone drinks tap water :lol: As far as well water, my only experience with well water is water with a yellowish tinge and tasting like metal - I'm assuming even the best well water must have some levels of chemicals in it, in theory safer than treated sewer water ? depends on the well I guess ....... Spring water is hard to beat though, bottled water is a big scam - because most of it is just city water bottled. That's why I only buy spring water, fortunately in Canada we have many sources of spring water - i only consume spring water, naturally filtered by nature, and the difference is amazing, the water has no after taste, is 100% clear and pure.

Quote:
I'm sure a lot of people would have a difficult time trying to live in a western world atmosphere of days long gone. A cabin in a very dry area, living off shallow well water, burning candles or oil at night, going to bed at dark, planting and working a garden, protecting their dried up spot of land with a shotgun, milking the cow, drinking warm fluids, etc. The only place to get a good drink is at the whiskey saloon in town 30 miles away. Entertainment is the whiskey saloon, tossing rocks in a circle, sitting on the porch counting lightning bugs, snake shooting with pa, and telling bs stories.

I'm sure people now would master the snake shooting part, given people's skill for shooting :lol: Counting the bugs might be the more challenging part for today's generation who can barely count, read and write :P
Darkstar2
Posts18,436
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,639

#5 by valerie » Thu Jun 30, 2022 14:55

To count bugs ya gotta catch them and put em in a jar. It's evil. :twisted: :lol:
valerie
Posts22,558
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,635

#6 by Darkstar2 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 17:30

valerie wrote: To count bugs ya gotta catch them and put em in a jar. It's evil. :twisted: :lol:

Sure you can do that I'll pass :lol: Oh you forgot to mention nut shell spitting :lol:
Darkstar2
Posts18,436
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,639

#7 by valerie » Sat Jul 02, 2022 07:58

People often talk about the good old days but just how good were they really?
valerie
Posts22,558
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,635

#8 by Darkstar2 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:37

valerie wrote: People often talk about the good old days but just how good were they really?

It depends from what angle. From the perspective of surveys and opportunities, no doubt it was much much MUCH better, for some, and not for others. For myself, it was far better, my worst months were still 3 digits, earning $300-$500 a month with minimal efforts, even considering I had a near full time job. Off Quota issues only maybe twice a year or so, now we have to deal with a dozen of these DAILY here. Much higher paid surveys - things were far better on many levels, people have changed too sure there was violence and sh**, but today it is 10000 fold, crime has skyrocketed, daily shootings is now a thing, more evil, higher cost of living, etc. It also depend how far back old days you go to, I mean sure if you go back to the 1800's you could say it was worse than today from a certain angle :lol:
Darkstar2
Posts18,436
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,639

#9 by tasman1 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 21:43

Darkstar2 wrote:
valerie wrote: People often talk about the good old days but just how good were they really?

It depends from what angle. From the perspective of surveys and opportunities, no doubt it was much much MUCH better, for some, and not for others. For myself, it was far better, my worst months were still 3 digits, earning $300-$500 a month with minimal efforts, even considering I had a near full time job. Off Quota issues only maybe twice a year or so, now we have to deal with a dozen of these DAILY here. Much higher paid surveys - things were far better on many levels, people have changed too sure there was violence and sh**, but today it is 10000 fold, crime has skyrocketed, daily shootings is now a thing, more evil, higher cost of living, etc. It also depend how far back old days you go to, I mean sure if you go back to the 1800's you could say it was worse than today from a certain angle :lol:

Back to 1800's will be not so bad but in my opinion we are going back 5 million year [ Cave Time ] but only in the case we survive next few years

Stock market .........................Total collapse before end of August this year
Civilization collapse..................Total collapse before end of 2023
Only good news at this stage is no classic WW3 in 2022 but they will give us nuclear ww3 [ starting early in 2023 ]

In short we still have PLENTY of time to enjoy life
tasman1
Posts17,081
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given15,522

#10 by Darkstar2 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 18:56

The cave people survived so we'll survive, as long as there is wi-fi in those caves :lol:

Stock market, oh forget about the bloody stock market, it's the same old bullshit - down down down then bounce back up higher than it was - yeah stock market will really get hit hard - one clear indication of this is the VIX index, you will notice that the vix index is so low now, too low considering the volatility, this is very disturbing - stocks are in a bear market and back to back sell-offs yet the VIX index is between 26-30, NOT GOOD - you'd expect a VIX index at least 2x-3x high. A low VIX indicates we have not seen anywhere near the end of this volatility, and markets have a long way to go to hit the psychological "bottom" - I could see a stock melt down similar to 2008 if inflation is not controlled despite the interest hikes - however, it can go the other way around, if inflation goes down but avoiding a recession, stocks will rally, and in no time it will get out of a bear market - let's get real here, it won't be the case, not this year - and as to World War 3, I think this is not in the plans - This SOB you know how, has figured that inflation, oil and food price hikes and the instability caused by his war makes far more damage than his nukes - he has a lot to lose by using nukes, but so much to gain by using the war and inflation to create damage, far more effective than a conventional WW3 scenario.
Now with Trump this close to being convicted and jailed because of his involvement in January 6, the prospect of Biden or his ***ch winning a second term are higher and higher, unless there is another BETTER Republican alternative, God help us ALL if the Democrats win another term - Obama did enough damage already, so yeah not a good situation, for the next 1 maybe 2 years stocks will be volatile - as long as this f***ing inflation is out of control, volatility will be there, and this war is not helping at all - maybe only the energy sector - let's get real I am sick and tired of listening to that other foul mouth being attacked, that war will be over very soon - come on - wake up people, none of these 2 turnips want to make concessions - both are causing great harm to their own countries, so this war can last a year, maybe many years - eventually companies will have to stop being greedy pricks and project to lower profits - you could eventually see a stock market that stabilises over time, but do not expect high yearly returns like before, and it's like stocks will remain in the negative returns for at least another year or two, maybe more, unless 1) A recession is avoided + 2) Inflation is down. Investors do not give a shit about inflation - as long as people keep buying and companies keep earning - you will notice how stocks were doing well - they only dropped big time ever sine Federal Reserve decided to increase interest rates aggressively to control inflation - this will EAT into companies' earnings and spending potential - inflation is not a problem when people have money to spend - stock market is based on performance, regardless - but jack up the interest and people will spend less money, companies will earn less, stocks will go down - stocks are fuelled by earning reports and corporate greed !!!!

If public companies do not adapt and get used to new realities then we will remain in negative returns for years to come, NOT GOOD !

So a company projects $1.5 billion in earnings - Quarterly report shows $1.2 billion - SCANDAL - sell sell sell sell.
Greedy *****S ! Some companies are making very comfortable PROFITS, but if they are under their ridiculous, often unrealistic projections, it causes a sell-off in stocks - RIDICULOUS !!!!

If you were to work for me, and earned $1 billion a year salary, and I decided to cut your paycheck by $5k, would you starve to death ? :P It's ridiculous - Inflation could be at 25% does not matter - as long as companies are meeting their goals and earnings, share holders are happy - it is just the poor and average people who suffer - companies could care less, all they want is for people to buy their shit and for these public companies to meet their quarterlies - no problem....as stocks go up and to take into account inflation, companies have to project higher and higher - many of those companies have A LOT of very high earning executives, if you were to cut their paycheck in HALF they would still be able to live VERY comfortably and support themselves, their families and many generations FFS !
Darkstar2
Posts18,436
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,639

#11 by tasman1 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 20:24

Good News , no water at your place ??? Australia offer free water to all on this planet , we have plenty :D

Heavy rains, floods prompt evacuations of Sydney suburbs

Thousands of residents in Sydney suburbs were told to evacuate their homes on Sunday after heavy rains caused floodwaters to rise and rivers to overflow in what authorities called life-threatening emergencies.

The Bureau of Meteorology issued a severe weather warning for heavy rain and flash floods and winds of up to 90 kilometers (55 miles) per hour along the coast of Australia’s most populous city and other parts of New South Wales state.

Authorities said that Warragamba Dam in western Sydney began overflowing overnight and the peak spill would be comparable to devastating flooding in March last year.

Residents in a number of suburbs have been ordered to evacuate, but Emergency Services Minister Steph Cooke said people don’t need to wait to be told to leave.
tasman1
Posts17,081
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given15,522

#12 by tasman1 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 16:45

Canada test for future world without internet .....as I told you , it is coming worldwide ....start hoarding internet :twisted:

A major network outage at one of Canada's biggest telecom operators has shut banking, transport and government access for millions, drawing outrage from customers and adding to criticism over Rogers Telecommunications' industry dominance.
Canadian financial institutions and banks, including Toronto-Dominion Bank and Bank Of Montreal said the outage disrupted services. Royal Bank of Canada said its ATM and online banking services were affected.
tasman1
Posts17,081
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given15,522

#13 by valerie » Fri Jul 08, 2022 21:03

Still hot and dry where I sit.

Grass in yard is drying and turning brown.
valerie
Posts22,558
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,635

#14 by Darkstar2 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 23:45

valerie wrote: Still hot and dry where I sit.

Grass in yard is drying and turning brown.

Obviously, it's begging to be watered, if the grass is thirsty and does not have enough to drink, it will die, just like human beings :mrgreen:
Darkstar2
Posts18,436
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,639
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Aug 13, 2022 11:09:21 PST