Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkIt's been fun, sort of
Topic Rating:

Jump to
ySense Customer Care CornerySense Knowledge CenterMembers LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
It's been fun, sort of

#21 by Darkstar2 » Thu May 19, 2022 20:29

tasman1 wrote: OK Valerie , have a nice weekend , see you Monday 8.00 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: I know right ? I knew you'd say that :P
Darkstar2
Posts18,256
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,589
Likes Received12,927/7,050

#22 by charmoeren » Thu May 19, 2022 23:53

# Valerie
I can only give you the right that has become very impersonal here on Ysense.
Unfortunately, it is a familiar sign when large companies are acquiring smaller companies.
The only thing that is focused on is that you cut the product so that you do not have to provide so much yourself, outsourcing is also one of the things you use a lot in connection with taking over companies.

I have many times on various websites wondered that it is called customer service, as in most cases it could be more called lack of customer service.
Unfortunately, the world has become cold and cynical, no one takes over a company for the sake of coziness, no, money must be made and preferably the investment must be made in the shortest possible time.
The good old days will never come back
charmoeren
Posts627
Member Since3 Oct 2014
Last Visit23 Jun 2022
Likes Given8
Likes Received773/371

#23 by Darkstar2 » Fri May 20, 2022 06:50

charmoeren wrote: # Valerie
I can only give you the right that has become very impersonal here on Ysense.

Is that the ONLY reason she left ? I mean support was less than stellar, always, maybe there is something else (conspiracy theory) - gotta ask that dentist what did he put in her shots :lol:

Quote:
Unfortunately, it is a familiar sign when large companies are acquiring smaller companies.
The only thing that is focused on is that you cut the product so that you do not have to provide so much yourself, outsourcing is also one of the things you use a lot in connection with taking over companies.

You got it - That's what I have been saying many times before on topics discussing this matter - because I have experienced many acquisitions myself, and ALL had this pattern - Company acquiring pays big money to buy site A, then comes the restructuring, basically either retaining existing talent or hiring new ones altogether and then comes the cost cutting and removing unnecessary costs - cuts cuts cuts to maximise their ROI, Often companies acquiring have a totally different "vision" - but the majority if not totality of the times I have seen acquisitions, it has ALWAYS made the site acquired much worse than before - sometimes even running them to the ground. I even gave examples with real names of companies - I used to be a member of some of the top stand alone panels online in the days, ALL of which were acquired, ALL of which sank - ySense acquisition so far has been less damaging compared to the many others I have experienced, as ySense has retained most of CS's original look, and one cannot compare SUPPORT on a 1 man run site vs. a multi site operator - support is rarely anywhere decent on any midlarge company, even small one - but this site lacks big time in some areas CS was best at - which is typical of all the acquisitions I have seen, on a less severe level. I don't want to be mean but in my opinion it comes down to lack of proper vision, lack of proper management, now I cannot venture into saying skill, because usually that skill part of the company relies on the big decision makers above them, and the same holds true for the team admins posting here passing messages to team - they do just that, pass the message, it's not their fault if things are less than stellar here, these decisions are taken by CEO, COO, CTO, SVP, department managers, etc.

Quote:
I have many times on various websites wondered that it is called customer service, as in most cases it could be more called lack of customer service.
Unfortunately, the world has become cold and cynical, no one takes over a company for the sake of coziness, no, money must be made and preferably the investment must be made in the shortest possible time.
The good old days will never come back

Print that on a poster in the largest font possible - this is so true - support is just horrible everywhere nowadays and so bloody text book - it's either you are chatting with bots OR real humans reading from a script, support is lacking everywhere almost, but there are exceptions - The best way to call it is customer disservice :lol: A perfect example of that is your phone carrier's service - they are so quick to call you in the middle of dinner and try to sell their services or upgrades to you - they really want your business but the moment you are signed up and need support from them, they are bad, be it phone carrier, cable, mobile, it sucks. Support here is not stellar but it is not the worst I have seen it's still better than support you get through offer walls :D

BTW, Support on ClixSense was no better, in fact it was HORRIBLE - if it wasn't Jim answering the tickets personally, then it was horrible. He had 2 or more support people, all horrible, they would answer you with stuff totally irrelevant to your ticket, as if they don't bother reading the bloody ticket. When Jim or Joao answered it was perfect, but the other 2 they were totally bloody clueless. So comparing ySense support that I'd say it's better here, but wait it's far from what one would call "good enough" yet :P

I dunno why people hate when the word "team" is used - it's a polite way of saying "We share your frustrations, but we are just messengers passing the message to the company higher-ups and the ones who take the decisions and usually give three f****" :lol: If you have ever watched Gordon Ramsey's shows, it's like that, he gets to taste the meals, brought to him by the servers, meals are rubbish, server communicates that to the "team" in the kitchen - the rest is up to the team in the kitchen to step up their game :D This site needs a Gordon Ramsey, imagine if Gordon Ramsey did GPTs :lol:
Darkstar2
Posts18,256
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,589

#24 by kanjoormadam09 » Fri May 20, 2022 07:58

I cannot believe that she was a moderator here. How could such a person be made a moderator who doesnt consider others in a kind way. Her post always seem like she is selfish and thinks of herself only. I am sorry to say this and know that it is bad to criticise a person in their absence. May be she would have changed due to circumstances. I dont know about that. but what she posted here is not fair and I felt somewhat irritated and had to give that bitter comment :(
kanjoormadam09
Posts600
Member Since14 Jun 2021
Last VisitToday
Likes Given565
Likes Received531/302

#25 by tasman1 » Fri May 20, 2022 19:48

Darkstar2 wrote:
tasman1 wrote: OK Valerie , have a nice weekend , see you Monday 8.00 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: I know right ? I knew you'd say that :P

Saturday morning here , she will be here in under 45 hours left , at Monday morning [Australian Time ] 8 AM sharp
Please all do not worry , do not cry , do not panic , do not eat your nails , do not use pill to calm you down
tasman1
Posts16,922
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given15,420
Likes Received16,682/8,703

#26 by tasman1 » Fri May 20, 2022 21:56

No , no Darkstar
Election time in Australia , she is coming to vote here ,,,,, it is long way from America
Once they have election in US I will take full 7 day off so I can go there and vote :D
For TRUMP :o :o

B.T.W yes , it is now only garbage and shit that we can talk in general topic , big shame
tasman1
Posts16,922
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given15,420

#27 by Darkstar2 » Sat May 21, 2022 06:46

tasman1 wrote: No , no Darkstar
Election time in Australia , she is coming to vote here ,,,,, it is long way from America
Once they have election in US I will take full 7 day off so I can go there and vote :D

B.T.W yes , it is now only garbage and shit that we can talk in general topic , big shame

I disagree, there are lots of serious and good topics we can discuss, the world doesn't evolve around Russia & Ukraine, it's just that the war was part of the news and it concerns the whole world because the negative impacts go all over the world - but fortunately there are also many other things worthy of discussion. First thing a new President should do is get rid of Powell - This whole problem with inflation is all the fault of the Federal Reserve that has kept interest rates low for too long - We can't discuss wars and religions, but we can still discuss news, and there's a lot of news outside this war. I do not think we can blame the war on inflation, it does not help inflation but it is not the root cause.

If this current administration can somehow manage to turn inflation around, whilst avoiding a recession and create conditions for stocks to go from a bear market to bull market, that is it's only chance for securing a second term, otherwise, well, it's gonna be 4 more years of a show down and feud between the far left and the far right :P
Darkstar2
Posts18,256
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,589

#28 by kanjoormadam09 » Sat May 21, 2022 20:13

Darkstar2 wrote:
tasman1 wrote: No , no Darkstar

I disagree, there are lots of serious and good topics we can discuss, the world doesn't evolve around Russia & Ukraine, it's just that the war was part of the news and it concerns the whole world because the negative impacts go all over the world - but fortunately there are also many other things worthy of discussion. First thing a new President should do is get rid of Powell - This whole problem with inflation is all the fault of the Federal Reserve that has kept interest rates low for too long - We can't discuss wars and religions, but we can still discuss news, and there's a lot of news outside this war. I do not think we can blame the war on inflation, it does not help inflation but it is not the root cause.

If this current administration can somehow manage to turn inflation around, whilst avoiding a recession and create conditions for stocks to go from a bear market to bull market, that is it's only chance for securing a second term, otherwise, well, it's gonna be 4 more years of a show down and feud between the far left and the far right :P
Very nice :clap: Said a reality like a grown up person. Feeling of garbage depends on ones mind.
kanjoormadam09
Posts600
Member Since14 Jun 2021
Last VisitToday
Likes Given565
Likes Received531/302

#29 by Darkstar2 » Sun May 22, 2022 08:45

Yeah I mean we have lots of stuff to discuss - Besides, Europe is facing a new monkey virus pandemic and nobody seems too concerned here - that and BA 5 in the UK, so let's see now, what happens if the monkeypox combined with the Omicron virus, do we get a new variant this winter ? What is it going to be called, MonkeyCron ? :mrgreen:
Darkstar2
Posts18,256
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,589

#30 by kanjoormadam09 » Sun May 22, 2022 20:42

People are now fearless as corona has taught how to deal with situations .So monkey pox is not a concern for many :lol:
kanjoormadam09
Posts600
Member Since14 Jun 2021
Last VisitToday
Likes Given565
Likes Received531/302

#31 by Darkstar2 » Mon May 23, 2022 07:13

kanjoormadam09 wrote: People are now fearless as corona has taught how to deal with situations .So monkey pox is not a concern for many :lol:

The concern is that it was a tamed virus, that was limited to specific areas - NOW, it is spreading and infecting people who have had no close contacts - This virus is transmissible through prolonged and close contact - new cases in new countries each day - Unfortunately for people who are "too social", but fortunately enough for people who are not :P Unlike COVID. Yeah it could be a concern, we may all turn into monkeys, zombies, or who knows, maybe the monkeypox merges with Omicron and creates a new super covid variant, as if we needed that right now to add more to our boring daily lives :P

Guess now the vaccine makers will find new reason to push more needles and vaccines into our body, as if we did not have enough bloody vaccines for a year - they might as well combine the Flu, COVID and MonkeyPox vaccine into one booster shot we get every 3 months :lol:

So Tasman1 you lost your bet, it's way past 8 here and she is nowhere to be seen - I won the bet :mrgreen:
Darkstar2
Posts18,256
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,589

#32 by tasman1 » Mon May 23, 2022 14:09

Yeah Darkstar I lost bet , my last chance is that she did not read .....Australian time . Hope she will still come 8 AM but maybe she will use time from Planet Mars

In any way forum talk is dying , we are last few who still talk , what is sad is this shit is going not just here but all around the world on all forums , blogs, etc

Are we all scared to talk or what
tasman1
Posts16,922
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given15,420

#33 by Darkstar2 » Mon May 23, 2022 18:13

tasman1 wrote: Yeah Darkstar I lost bet , my last chance is that she did not read .....Australian time . Hope she will still come 8 AM but maybe she will use time from Planet Mars

In any way forum talk is dying , we are last few who still talk , what is sad is this shit is going not just here but all around the world on all forums , blogs, etc

Are we all scared to talk or what

There are many people here who read the forum, MANY who spend time only reporting posts, and not making one ******mned contribution by posting anything - there have been many GOOD topics of current events not a single post in the topics, it's not the lack of topics - people ARE talking on social media, people are certainly not afraid to talk, it's just that some places are more strict on enforcing guidelines - there are certain things you cannot say on a forum like the killing of other people, suggesting violence directly or indirectly, even against enemies, that is a HUGE liability for any site to tolerate stuff like that, there are lines that cannot be crossed though but we still have massive headroom on freedom of expression though, why do people not want to discuss many other current events, AND instead spend their time reporting posts, many times which are not warranted is a mystery. Don't get your hopes up Tasman1, she is not coming back, if she does it will be to drop by from time to time, maybe, I dunno what happened, it's hard to believe that she left only because of posts from ySenseTeam - I mean maybe they asked her to leave, she was contributing to good topics outside the eccentric topics that were funny too - so what happened all of a sudden maybe the truth will come out one day - I do share her frustrations a little but one should cut the ySense admins here some slack, they only pass along our concerns to the departments that take decisions - the issue here is Prodege, not the administrators on forum, the issue is Prodege that has a different vision than moderators and members here I guess - her expectations are a bit too high for 2022 - the time when this was a forum of members helping members was when we had TASKS, lots of good tasks and members were helping others with that - when tasks disappeared, a large chunk of earning potential went away from here, along with members - there is only so much members can do to help others here with issues when the issue is site related or account problems.

Some people are patient and can deal with this, others not - guess it was her time and she could not take it no more.

After all she was the one who pushed Jim to add GPT elements to his PTC - Had she not done so, I wonder if Jim would have thought of that on his own - probably not. She ran sites too and she did make many constructive suggestions to ySense, many good ones, as with other moderators, but falling on deaf ears. So it was not all bad.

Hopefully she comes back in the winter to give us good movie ideas on Netflix :lol:

Or in 2024 so we can discuss the next Presidential elections and what mischief Trump will be up to next :lol:
Darkstar2
Posts18,256
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,589

#34 by valerie » Tue May 31, 2022 13:28

It became a fun topic, no?

:mrgreen:

I said I'd come back to visit.

Poor Poor Valerie, old and all alone, sitting in a dark room with a tiny puter searching for ape men and that far far away darkstar. Sooo alone. Sooo poor. Sooo desperate. Soooo mean.

Well folks, all I can tell you is, to each his/her own but I did enjoy reading this thread, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Y'all take care.
valerie
Posts22,502
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,623
Likes Received19,987/8,544

#35 by tasman1 » Tue May 31, 2022 15:58

valerie wrote: It became a fun topic, no?

Poor Poor Valerie, old and all alone, sitting in a dark room with a tiny puter searching for ape men and that far far away darkstar. Sooo alone. Sooo poor. Sooo desperate. Soooo mean.

Well folks, all I can tell you is, to each his/her own but I did enjoy reading this thread, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Y'all take care.

Welcome back Your Majesty
Forum was boring without you here
Ahhh yes , just now it comes back some nice memory
Do you still remember big war here , Valerie V Ape , it was all about .........tasman1 signature ,,, ha ha that was nice battle , fun for months , it was nice to come daily to forum for fun ................ now forum is boring , hope you stay here
Last edited by tasman1 » Tue May 31, 2022 16:26 » edited 1 time in total
tasman1
Posts16,922
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given15,420

#36 by Darkstar2 » Tue May 31, 2022 18:04

valerie wrote: It became a fun topic, no?

You said very unlikely too :P But then I still won my bet against Tasman1, still waiting for the payment though .... So let's see there is so much you missed here that you must catch up to, all the surveys, routers and new stuff it's overwhelming :lol:

Quote:

Y'all take care.

Rumour has it that you won the Kentucky state lotto, is that true ? They say money is not everything, but I disagree, I'd still visit forum and do a few surveys from time to time just for nostalgia - P.S. Apparently they will start the draft soon, hint: China vs. Taiwan. Let's see now, your President may be breaking world records there - covid, inflation, 2 wars, recession, he hit the jackpot :lol:
Darkstar2
Posts18,256
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,589

#37 by Darkstar2 » Tue May 31, 2022 18:08

tasman1 wrote:
Welcome back Your Majesty
Forum was boring without you here
Ahhh yes , just now it comes back some nice memory
Do you still remember big war here , Valerie V Ape , it was all about .........tasman1 signature ,,, ha ha that was nice battle , fun for months , it was nice to come daily to forum for fun ................ now forum is boring , hope you stay here

Yeah who can ever forget the signature war that was probably the SILLIEST moment of this forum, not as silly as using your name in topic titles though :lol: Think there is more to the story than we know, she is probably running for politics and has little time - she learned that Dr. Oz (the alleged QUACK) is running for Senator, so she wants to join too - or she won the Kentucky state lotto, OR she found out the truth about something, :P
Darkstar2
Posts18,256
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,589

#38 by valerie » Wed Jun 01, 2022 08:51

HeeHeeHaHa!

No, I have not won the lottery and not sure what I would do with the money if I did win. I know what I wouldn't do:

Sail Around the World: NO! I am not that fond of water and I am very poor swimmer.

Travel by Plane Around the World: NO! Are you kidding me! I'll go for a flight when I really need to but with my luck, the plane would crash into the ocean! Double whammy and Triple whammy if a shark eats me!!!

Build a Mansion: NO! What the heck would I do with a mansion! Wonder around from room to room to see if the cleaning lady did a good job at dusting!

Buy Vehicles, Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles: NO! Besides, gasoline is too high and they'd all need to be electric. What would I do with them! Be like Jay Leno and keep them in a big building!

Buy a bunch of Furniture: NO! What for! I hang out in one room and rarely do I eat on the kitchen or dinning room table. What would I do with it all!

Build a new house: NO! I've already don't that in my life time and have no desire to do it again.

So what would I do with millions of dollars won thru a lottery:

Trust Funds: Yes. Open trust funds for my grand children and great grandchildren with stipulations attached.

Take a Few International Trips: Yes. There are several places I would like to see. Egypt being at the top of my list. I would love to see the Sphinx and Great Pyramid in person. Africa, India, Greece, and a few other countries.

Donate: Yes. I'm not sure I would donate directly to a charity but in some way I would donate funds directly.

Build a No Kill Shelter/animal clinic for Small Dogs: Yes.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
valerie
Posts22,502
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,623

#39 by valerie » Wed Jun 01, 2022 09:09

To address a couple of points made in this topic:

Locking of Topics: The reason I locked topics is because I answered them. Those are the main topics that were locked by me. The forums were very busy years ago and I was the only active moderator for the English forums. A lot of wrong replies were submitted in topics to members that needed help. Once I replied to a topic, I locked it. As a moderator, I had to view every new post. That should go without saying. That's what moderators do. Moderate. It was very time consuming.

Being Paid: Moderators ARE Paid. Not a stipend but a year end bonus, so to speak. I was paid $500 at year end. When ySense came along, they kept up the tradition, except they did make a mistake on my end at $400 instead of $500 but I never said anything about it. IF ySense had paid me a monthly stipend, I probably would have continued to moderate a while longer. It's pretty much a thankless job because there have been and are people here that want to be babied and think they are beyond reprimand. There was a guy here that became moderator and insulted everyone continuously. He was fired from being moderator here. He got mad at me because I Unlocked a topic that he had locked. He then harassed me and made a fool of himself in these forums. He even went so far as to start a Facebook group about me. I mean, seriously, who does that? Well he did. And why? All because I unlocked a post made by an Indian that he did not like and not because the post deserved being locked.

Desperation: I don't think I understand what is meant by that. I am desperate for what? To moderate? If I was desperate to moderate I would not have quit. I don't need money so that can't be what you are referring to.

I don't know. Some of what is stated in this thread is some what funny to me. I don't understand how people come to their conclusions, especially about people they don't even know. And some of the very ones posted in this topic, has not been here on these forums for all these years. It's just some people get mad at me because I locked their topic or I did not agree with their post, or some other reason. It has been fun to read through this thread, however.
valerie
Posts22,502
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,623

#40 by Darkstar2 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 09:40

valerie wrote: HeeHeeHaHa!

No, I have not won the lottery and not sure what I would do with the money if I did win. I know what I wouldn't do:

That's what everyone says or most people say, and you know what you say to someone who says "I dunno what I'm gonna do with all that money?" :lol: Mind you in America, winnings are taxed, you pay around 35% of your winnings to Uncle Sam, so he can use that money to help others first and leave his own people starving and poor - the whole lottery thing is a scam, your odds of winning are so tiny, and then you give most of it back to the government. Also in the US your winning is paid as an annuity OR you can decide to take a lump sum of a much smaller amount, which most people do, so again, government is the winner.

Current Kentucky state power ball jackpot: $168 millions, paid in annuity, meaning you get tiny tiny amounts yearly until you croak - OR paid $98 million lump sum - 35% to the IRS, so you are left with not much, barely covers your living expenses and food :lol:

Quote:
Sail Around the World: NO! I am not that fond of water and I am very poor swimmer.

That's why it's called sailing and not swimming around the world. Can't blame you though, now is not a good time to sail or go on cruises - too many cruise ship accidents, and with COVID and all, besides, cruise ships are a lab of breeding bacteria and viruses with subpar to mediocre food that gives 1 star restaurants a good name :D

Quote:
Travel by Plane Around the World: NO! Are you kidding me! I'll go for a flight when I really need to but with my luck, the plane would crash into the ocean! Double whammy and Triple whammy if a shark eats me!!!

Actually you are wrong on this one - right now flying by plane is the safest method of transportation out of all of them. Statistically the incidents of crashes are extremely rare - your odds of getting into a car accident or getting hit by a car as you cross the street are shockingly HIGH. If you understand some basics on the laws of aerodynamics, you would see why planes are much safer, because they don't just CRASH and plummet to the ground. Most crashes occur during takeoff and landing, this is where the plane is most vulnerable, otherwise once a plane is in the air at cruising speed and altitude, it glides, it's unlikely that both engines on a plane will fail, planes can safely land with one engine, and what about both engines, they still can, it's called gliding, and in theory experienced pilots should be trained for this scenario. Look up the Hudson river event - that plane lost both its engines. One of the valid reasons you would NOT want to fly is because of bad service, bad food and unruly passengers which has skyrocketed since the pandemic - nobody wants to spend a few hours in a can of sardines packed with other idiots around you!

Quote:
Build a Mansion: NO! What the heck would I do with a mansion! Wonder around from room to room to see if the cleaning lady did a good job at dusting!

Sure why not :lol: Besides what are you gonna do with all that money right ? at least with a mansion that money will be spent quicker, upkeep, repairs, property tax, insurance, etc, you will however need more than the KY lotto for that, you will need a continuous stream of high income. What can a person living alone benefit from a mansion ? WELL they can get a change of environment - they make each room unique, so that every day they stay in a different room for a change of view.

Quote:
Buy Vehicles, Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles: NO! Besides, gasoline is too high and they'd all need to be electric. What would I do with them! Be like Jay Leno and keep them in a big building!

Electric is one big scam - at least for now, your still need to pay to charge those batteries, your phone charger won't cut it :lol: Also electric car batteries are pricey $$$, you would never want to run into a problem and have to change them, they cost a fortune - and they are more polluting than gasoline to some extent, as car batteries are not magically built out of thin air - they may be less toxic to the nearby environment. Besides it's likely all cars will be replaced by electric, but what happens to the oil industry ? They will want a cut of the $$$$, so watch what will happen next, electric cars will skyrocket in price, and recharging will cost a lot more than it does, in the end, you will find out that that electric car will cost you more than the gas, in the long run.

Quote:
Build a new house: NO! I've already don't that in my life time and have no desire to do it again.

Gotta love auto correct, I guess you meant to say "I've already done that" :P Actually you might want to rethink - What does a person your age would want to do with all that money ? I mean not that you are really old by today's standards, but I'll tell you what you can do - and I would tell all people nearing that golden age the same thing - live with dignity and prepare for the future - A lot of people do the big mistake of going into nursing homes or senior homes, which are essentially human slaughter houses. If a person has enough money they should invest in adapting their home and getting help at home and paying for proper care, so you can live the rest of your life in DIGNITY and not have to rely on someone to give you a shower every other week or month or leave you dying alone in your diapers soiled with 3 weeks of bowel movements - now this is no joke, this stuff happens here in Canada in some provinces, it does also happen in America - so you buy your comfort and dignity, you don't need to live in expensive mansions for that, you can live very comfortably and still have a lot of money to spare, you either give it to family, friends or to good charities or to Uncle Sam :mrgreen:

Quote:
So what would I do with millions of dollars won thru a lottery:

Trust Funds: Yes. Open trust funds for my grand children and great grandchildren with stipulations attached.

I like the "with stipulations attached" part :mrgreen:

Quote:
Take a Few International Trips: Yes. There are several places I would like to see. Egypt being at the top of my list. I would love to see the Sphinx and Great Pyramid in person. Africa, India, Greece, and a few other countries.

Sure if you can handle the scorching hot weather - watch out for the snakes and scorpions and flying spiders in Egypt :D
Be careful in Egypt it's not what it used to be, there is LOTS of poverty, as to pyramids, you are not allowed anywhere near them, you cannot go inside them nor climb them, no fun - and watch out for those camels :lol:

Quote:
Donate: Yes. I'm not sure I would donate directly to a charity but in some way I would donate funds directly.

Smart - because most charities actually give 1-10% for the cause and the rest in their pockets. Here the laws state that to be a legit charity you need to use at least 1% for the cause. Directly helping is the proper way, but watch out there are still scams there.

If I had the money that Elon Musk has I would start a new industry and completely revamp the schooling system. I would build a large facility which would allow for remote learning and never having to attend a physical class ever again and deal with the garbage, unrest, bullying, shootings, etc. If it were up to me ALL learning would be done at home, through videoconferencing - you would still be required to attend school as you normally do, that would not change, but at home under monitored channels - you would be able to learn, take exams, graduate, receive your diploma, etc, and any in person attendance or extra activities would be fully optional - after the success of this idea, more establishment would open and offer the same.

It's not about making America BETTER again, it's about making America SAFER again - I would first start this idea in America, then extend it to Canada - I also think this would really work in Europe - I'm pretty sure teachers will be happy about that, they won't have to deal with guns, knives, spit and unruly students - all these online conferences would be fully recorded too, you would still get your work graded, everything would be the same, but virtually.
I wouldn't spend a ******mned dime on buying social media, I mean $42 billion for Twitter what in the HELL was he thinking ? :P
Darkstar2
Posts18,256
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,589
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Jun 25, 2022 13:43:42 PST