Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkOuter Range
Topic Rating:

Jump to
ySense Customer Care CornerySense Knowledge CenterMembers LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Outer Range

#1 by josealvesjr » Sun Apr 17, 2022 03:09

Aired last Friday (Amazon) "Outer Range" set in the state of Wyoming. I saw the first 2 episodes. Very good. High level acting. High rating 7.9 .Recommendable . Go for it Valerie!!!
josealvesjr
Posts1,741
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given453
Likes Received1,335/872

#2 by valerie » Sun Apr 17, 2022 07:33

Yes I watched it.

It has a lot of negatives reviews at Amazon.

I'm not sure if I like it yet or not. I was hoping on a good western vibe, soap opera type thing, but instead it looks more like a time travel or alternate universe program.
valerie
Posts22,502
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,623
Likes Received19,987/8,544

#3 by Darkstar2 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 08:24

valerie wrote: Yes I watched it.

It has a lot of negatives reviews at Amazon.

I'm not sure if I like it yet or not. I was hoping on a good western vibe, soap opera type thing, but instead it looks more like a time travel or alternate universe program.

Yeah soap opera is old school, today, time travel and alternate universe is trending :mrgreen: I can't wait to watch it hopefully it's a decent one - there have been failed attempts at those types before. So far one of my favourites in that genre is "The Flash" :D
Darkstar2
Posts18,256
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,589
Likes Received12,927/7,050

#4 by valerie » Sun Apr 17, 2022 13:03

I don't think soap opera programs are old school.

When I say soap opera, I don't mean the old afternoon soap operas like 'Days of Our Lives'. :lol:
I always hated those and never watched them.

I mean more like 'Dallas' or the more recent 'YellowStone'. Yellowstone extremely popular, by the way.
valerie
Posts22,502
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,623

#5 by tasman1 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 15:01

Not for me , never look series any , only movie and documentary for me
tasman1
Posts16,922
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given15,420
Likes Received16,682/8,703

#6 by valerie » Sun Apr 17, 2022 15:20

A series has to be very interesting to me for my continuation of watching it.

There are series that each program ends, and is not ongoing like a soap opera. For example, Andy Griffith show is a series but each show has it's own ending.

The problem with many ongoing series today is they become boring to me. It's got to be a really interesting series for me to continue watching every episode.

For OuterRange, I was hoping for something like 'Bonanza' and I have a feeling many others were too.
valerie
Posts22,502
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,623

#7 by Darkstar2 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 07:14

valerie wrote: A series has to be very interesting to me for my continuation of watching it.

There are series that each program ends, and is not ongoing like a soap opera. For example, Andy Griffith show is a series but each show has it's own ending.

The problem with many ongoing series today is they become boring to me. It's got to be a really interesting series for me to continue watching every episode.

For OuterRange, I was hoping for something like 'Bonanza' and I have a feeling many others were too.

I like a blend of both - sometimes I watch movies, sometimes I watch series - but I am not willing to invest in watching multiple episodes unless the story is good and it is well executed and interesting - there are some horrible series out there, and there are some good ones - I hate when series end on cliffhangers and you have to wait a long time to see what happens next or when a series ends with so many plot holes and bad endings, unanswered questions. like that Mist one, horrible ending :D Yet Squid Games, it is so interesting you want more episodes :D I just hope the sequel won't suck like most sequels do. I'm not a soap opera fan,why watch that on TV when it's all around us :lol: I never watched soap operas, I only know old school ones by general knowledge I guess, oh and The Young & The Restless :lol: Besides

There's not much good to watch on TV anymore, other than the Reality TV stuff and talent shows :D I usually follow medical dramas like Chicago Med ........ I dunno what else good is there I follow everything online and through streamers.
Darkstar2
Posts18,256
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,589

#8 by valerie » Mon Apr 18, 2022 08:36

OuterRange for the most part has or had a good soap opera going. By that I mean, the feud between the ranches and land ownership. Also between the ranch owners and the sons of each ranch. Also, the bar squabble.

I do like sci fi but I really wasn't expecting a hole in the ground in which people pass back and forth thru time. That is what it appears to be. Not that it isn't a good idea but I think I was like many others, expecting a good series like Bonanza or Dallas (soap opera) or Yellowstone.

The problem I tend to have with story lines like what appears with OuterRange is they become boring and drag on with no real plot or ending.

Hoping it won't be like that because I do like Josh Brolin and the western/range vibe.
valerie
Posts22,502
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,623

#9 by Darkstar2 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 08:39

valerie wrote: OuterRange for the most part has or had a good soap opera going. By that I mean, the feud between the ranches and land ownership. Also between the ranch owners and the sons of each ranch. Also, the bar squabble.

I do like sci fi but I really wasn't expecting a hole in the ground in which people pass back and forth thru time. That is what it appears to be. Not that it isn't a good idea but I think I was like many others, expecting a good series like Bonanza or Dallas (soap opera) or Yellowstone.

Your expectations were too high, we are in 2022 :lol: They don't make them as good as before, they are cheaping out on quality all over - Will Smith slapping a comedian live on TV was the most entertainment we got to see in 2022 so far - even Chris Rock said it, it was the best moment of television - well not television just 2022 :lol:

I like the idea of a hole in the ground where you can pass back and forth, where can I buy one ? :mrgreen: Now I think I recall this name - it did ring a bell, and I remember a survey I did about that when the series was in planing phase, they showed me the concept and asked me questions, I remember the name now, I remember it being so confusing because of a lot of characters - the issue here is that they are mixing two genres together, it's not uncommon now - though soap opera and time travel is kinda weird, that's like mixing Western and Space travel / Sci-Fi :lol: Original maybe but weird.

Quote:
The problem I tend to have with story lines like what appears with OuterRange is they become boring and drag on with no real plot or ending.

That's the same vibe I got when I took the survey about that potential series :lol:

Question is, can you add time travel elements to Westerns ? Imagine if they did a remake of Dallas, Dynasty, and Knots Landing or even M.A.S.H. with time travel elements :lol:
Darkstar2
Posts18,256
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,589

#10 by josealvesjr » Sat Apr 30, 2022 09:52

valerie wrote: OuterRange for the most part has or had a good soap opera going. By that I mean, the feud between the ranches and land ownership. Also between the ranch owners and the sons of each ranch. Also, the bar squabble.

Hoping it won't be like that because I do like Josh Brolin and the western/range vibe.

As a matter of fact I do agree, it is not what I expected and since the writers of Outer Range are the same ones who wrote LOST. Do you remember that one? I gave up on that one after episode 60 and it totaled 120. I fear the worst.
josealvesjr
Posts1,741
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given453
Likes Received1,335/872

#11 by valerie » Sat Apr 30, 2022 16:18

I don't think I lasted that long for 'Lost'.

I'm still watching OuterRange. Two new episodes on Fridays. I've watched 6 episodes.

I think OuterRange is stupid. I do like Will Patton and Josh Brolin. Actually I like Will Patton much better than Josh Brolin so I hope they don't die Patton out of it.

If they hadn't tried to make it into some sort of a syfy series, it would have been much better. They should have simply made it into a modern type western with land arguments, marriage/dating issues, etc. I was hoping it would be something like the old Dallas series.
valerie
Posts22,502
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,623

#12 by Darkstar2 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 19:02

valerie wrote: I don't think I lasted that long for 'Lost'.

I'm still watching OuterRange. Two new episodes on Fridays. I've watched 6 episodes.

I think OuterRange is stupid. I do like Will Patton and Josh Brolin. Actually I like Will Patton much better than Josh Brolin so I hope they don't die Patton out of it.

If they hadn't tried to make it into some sort of a syfy series, it would have been much better. They should have simply made it into a modern type western with land arguments, marriage/dating issues, etc. I was hoping it would be something like the old Dallas series.

That doesn't cut it today in modern world, TV network execs want fresh material to keep up with times (see the pun ? :lol: ) I guess people are into sci-fi elements, time travel and all that stuff :D
Darkstar2
Posts18,256
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,589

#13 by tasman1 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 19:06

Good documentary on Netflix .... History 101.
Many different topic , nice , clean , short , can be seen in one evening
tasman1
Posts16,922
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given15,420
Likes Received16,682/8,703
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Jun 25, 2022 13:09:02 PST