Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkTime For ........tasman1
Topic Rating:

Jump to
ySense Customer Care CornerySense Knowledge CenterMembers LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Time For ........tasman1

Post Reply

#1 by tasman1 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 16:37

Time for :silent:
tasman1
Posts16,944
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given15,431
Likes Received16,693/8,712

#2 by suraraj » Mon Mar 21, 2022 19:22

It is for all of us remain :silent: .
suraraj
Posts1,059
Member Since24 Nov 2017
Last VisitToday
Likes Given226
Likes Received864/580

#3 by Darkstar2 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 18:57

If in a GENERAL FORUM we cannot discuss about current events and news that concerns us all then there is a big *****mned problem, people who are offended by certain topics should not bother and leave - one or two persons offended by topics should not dictate what is allowed and not allowed especially when NONE of these topics engage in personal attacks against other members - everybody here seems to be on the same page, nobody is condoning this war, so this is a very sad day - and it is very clear that NOBODY here is interested in reading the other topics - you can clearly see, that the war topics had the MOST engagement, reads and replies than ANY of the other topics. No surveys, declined earnings and now this, this place has really gone down the toilet - They can delete this post but I cannot help but say things as they are and I am sure MANY other members think like that too, the difference is I'm not afraid to state the obvious.

The initial no politics and religion was Valerie's rule in the old days as it generated a lot of fights between members, it was then tolerated later as long as it did not become personal or cause fights - we were allowed to discuss the entire Presidential elections on 2020 without any issues - So it is very strange that we cannot discuss current news on a GENERAL TOPICS forum, very sad and pathetic, there is no other word for it, and I'm being polite too.

So how was your day today Tasman1, everything is fine, the whole world is doing ok, we have nothing to worry about, all is well, let's talk about flavours of ice cream and aliens, I'm sure people want that more right - so you first :P
Darkstar2
Posts18,286
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,598
Likes Received12,933/7,056

#4 by tasman1 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 19:16

Darkstar my day is now :silent:
B.T.W ...... :silent: Posts are now popular all around the world
:silent: will win Oscar as most used post in 2022

So many post in general topic now that we must wait days in line to post :lol:
tasman1
Posts16,944
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given15,431
Likes Received16,693/8,712

#5 by valerie » Tue Mar 22, 2022 22:18

Well it's no fun here any more. After all these years, it is rather sad, to say the least.

It's not work per se. It's not family per se. What I can say, I have spent a lot of my time almost daily here over the years EXCEPT for the past 12+ months. I grew accustom to it! I joined ClixSense Feb 2007, the first month it launched. I've been here for over 15 years!!!! . I've aged 15 years since I joined! Geesh!

I must say, this past 12+ months have been down right boring and that is to say the least.

Soooooooooo yeah, it's sad.
valerie
Posts22,508
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,623
Likes Received19,993/8,547

#6 by Darkstar2 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 22:48

tasman1 wrote: Darkstar my day is now :silent:
B.T.W ...... :silent: Posts are now popular all around the world
:silent: will win Oscar as most used post in 2022

So many post in general topic now that we must wait days in line to post :lol:

I have my suspicions on which mod might be behind this decision to lock AND delete all these posts, but I will keep it to myself as to not start chaos - all I will say is I'm not impressed, considering everyone here is against the invasion, and I honestly do not think there are pro-Putin here, they would have long shown up - However, they probably are saying "WELL, there was a forum before the war and topics, so what's the problem ?", TRUE, there are many topics to discuss, the pandemic is still not over, there are many other interesting topics, BUT............when this war is the major headline around the world, it's just hard to ignore - if they have concerns with the fact posts get archived by search engines, all they need to do is configure a separate sub-forum outside the General Topics and visible only to members, like the Offers one is configured for and like the tasks one was configured for - This is how Jim initially set it up to avoid all the negative comments about the site being visible to public - it's kinda odd, they allowed us all these years to complain about the site left and right, BUT they do not let us discuss IMPORTANT current events in a way that is not causing any fights between ourselves - I'm confused - and I have my doubts that it goes far beyond just one member who complained, it's more than that - I think they want to DESTROY the forum and do what many companies do - support only and nothing else. I remember on that other site that starts with N, we could discuss a lot of interesting topics before, NOT ANYMORE, they lock 100% of topics there good or bad, it's literally just bragging about success or failure and asking the same bloody questions that's been answered a million times, that's it. They have destroyed everything that was good about ClixSense, its legacy, all of it - this place has become a VIP club essentially, only some members and some countries get the privilege of earning well and getting all the surveys.

I can understand why a company would want to lock or REMOVE some posts on its forum, if anything represents a liability, like posting nudity, infringing content, threats, or anything illegal - but NONE OF THAT was the case here. Is it bad for new users who join to see those topics ? I don't think they care - most people just join to earn and not bother with forum, they could care less about topics of wars. It's disappointing BUT there are still topics to discuss, I have a few in mind - pandemic is NOT over, new studies are coming out with more revealing data about COVID19, vaccines, etc, a new COVID19 treatment already available, etc. BUT right now the focus is on the war - WHY ? because it can easily escalate from a geopolitical war to a full scale war that will negatively impact the entire world and all business, including this one - NOW it's true that 1st amendment never applies on a forum, there is no right to free speech on ANY forum - it's just a privilege, posting about a topic is a privilege not a right - so we can just make the best of it.
We are still far far far better off than that other forum on site N :P I just found that the discussions about the war here were far more interesting than watching the news and listening to the same BS and drivel on BOTH sides. In my book when you have a leader of ANY country unable to protect their own people and make sure years ahead of time there is enough diplomacy to prevent such a thing, then such person does not deserve to lead - 'nuff said. and BTW, no, I am NOT talking about the US, I think you know which country I am talking about. I think it is unfair for the entire world to pay the price for one mad dictator and one propaganda machine to hold the world hostage. The more this war trails the more the obvious is coming out. I haven't seen ONE member here ever mention that they support this war and are happy about it - not one.

I lost all hope for this place, and for world peace, I guess we are in an era where we have to make with what we have, there's plenty of topics / serious material to cover, it's just that at the times we are going through people are less and less interested in reading about that, and more interested in reading about current events - it was obvious.

Nobody here has came forward and discussed why entire topics were locked AND deleted now. It's disturbing and I think I know who is behind it, and it's not a member.
Darkstar2
Posts18,286
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,598
Likes Received12,933/7,056

#7 by tasman1 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 23:10

Yeah , it is crap , my last topic was about sanction , not war and yeah it was deleted like rest

But tell you , this crap is going all around the world on every social media , forums , newspaper , TV , it is hard to comment , it is hard to know what words are forbidden or allowed today , holly crap , like we live in Stalin time , hope they will not start sending us all to Siberia

That is a reason why in this topic I say ... it is time for :silent:
tasman1
Posts16,944
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given15,431
Likes Received16,693/8,712

#8 by Darkstar2 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 23:32

tasman1 wrote: Yeah , it is crap , my last topic was about sanction , not war and yeah it was deleted like rest

But tell you , this crap is going all around the world on every social media , forums , newspaper , TV , it is hard to comment , it is hard to know what words are forbidden or allowed today , holly crap , like we live in Stalin time , hope they will not start sending us all to Siberia

That is a reason why in this topic I say ... it is time for :silent:

Really Tasman, all social media, I would not know though 1) I do not have a Twitter account, 2) I only have an account on another forum, since 2012, but they were mostly to post about industry stuff at the time, PTC, GPT, HYIP.
I have Facebook but I do not post, some of the disgusting, hateful, threatening material you can find on Facebook and YouTube and other social media is shocking, am I missing something but I don't see censorship there, Facebook is allowing FRAUDSTERS, SCAMMERS and propaganda machines to post their garbage, not all of it gets removed - I have many times reported to Facebook fraudulent advertisers and scammers on FB, all ignored. From what I heard social media remove posts that are misinformation about elections and pandemic - so if you say something like elections of 2020 were stolen, that's a red flag - There are too many scammers and criminals on social media, I don't see the level of censorship everywhere as you claim though - I don't know why you were banned on Twitter it's absurd, these companies are operated in the US, it's unlikely ANY US company to censor posts, the US is a strong promoter of 1st amendment and free speech - There are many forums and social media that bash the current administration, these posts are still there. I doubt that any foreign country would have jurisdiction over these US companies, so yeah I think what you are seeing is because the discussions on social media were crossing the line, not like here where they were done within reason - on social media people made things personal, they were discussions on hate and bashing PEOPLE, instead of bashing the dictator, bashing the entire country's people, inciting hate, crime, cussing and vulgarity, did any of that happen here ? NO - They haven't shut down the forum YET (note, keyword YET) so the good news is, we are not completely silenced.

There are some juicy topics I have in mind about new findings about vaccines and big pharmas - and how science seems to think now that the multiverse theory is true - LOL like it will make a difference in our lives :lol:

This forum survived without war topics, but like I said, it's a matter of principle, it is so unfair considering no lines were crossed - why the bloody hell do you have forum moderators for ? TO moderate topics, edit or remove offending posts - lock ENTIRE topics and DELETE them - that's deep.

Hopefully someone from staff can shed some light and give us a list of what can and cannot be discussed. Would they rather we complain all the time about site ? can't we discuss general topics, this is one of them, general.

In Russia, did you see that lady who protest during live news, she got silenced pretty quick, and arrested.
So, let's talk about good old days, might as well as none of it is left around ......... unless we cannot even discuss old site who knows :P If they should forbid one thing is discussing old site, not topics of wars :P

Somebody used the N word in one of the topics some time ago is that the reason - so punish everyone because someone said the N word which contain the letter Z ?
Darkstar2
Posts18,286
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,598
Likes Received12,933/7,056

#9 by tasman1 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 23:43

I did post in Feature Requests , not long ago [ some 20 day ago ] for offending post to be erased but not WHOLE topic removed

That topic is today gone , not there , will look in Siberia , maybe it is there :lol: :lol:
tasman1
Posts16,944
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given15,431
Likes Received16,693/8,712

#10 by Darkstar2 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 00:15

tasman1 wrote: I did post in Feature Requests , not long ago [ some 20 day ago ] for offending post to be erased but not WHOLE topic removed

That topic is today gone , not there , will look in Siberia , maybe it is there :lol: :lol:

That's what MODERATORS do on a forum, assuming any are left that is, I don't know why your request would be DELETED, maybe it's buried, maybe you revealed top secret stuff, or maybe you struck a sensitive cord - Here's what I think happened, again this is speculation and not fact - it's possible that Prodege hired influencers or community managers, I've gone through this process before, another company I invested 4 years (waste) with, they hired community leaders to defend and protect image of company whilst taking care of community and keeping them happy, well they did a LOUSY job at that, caused divisions, they are no longer working there, Karma, good - NOW as to here, it is possible they are using influencers / community leaders to take care of the forum part, I really hope this is not a repeat of what I saw elsewhere. This is a pattern - companies will purposely stay silent and avoid specific questions or reasoning, it's all about liability and abiding by legal company policies, and taking the fifth, stay silent about certain things - it's typical - The moderation of a forum is normally done by moderators, when was the last time you saw a moderator post here, it's extremely rare.

There is ONE topic that really got my attention - one of your BEST topics in Feature Request, It's disappointing they locked it without replying to you, because you raised a VALID point and a FACT.

http://forum.ysense.com/264130/Faster_Survey__Supply........tasman1

This is the KEY as to why the situation here is so bad - I've raised this concern many times, it's as if this site is getting the left over, the low quality inventory. In 2021, in ALL the surveys I have done on Site B, I only got 3 Off Quotas, for the entire year - It's as if here they are getting those s surveys LAST - this is something that should have caught someone's attention here because it is so true. The other company I was part of was horrible, they made legal threats against you if you discussed in forum or ANYWHERE about ANYTHING about the company, products, what they do, the work, EVEN if the information is PUBLIC domain Some companies have turned good forums and tight communities around and made them far worse, community managers joining these companies ending up dividing community, this is what happened with company X I worked for, I really hope this is not going to be the case here, though from my observation I worry it might be the case - again, opinion, not fact. Unfortunately Company X rather keep cheaters and low grade workers who praise community managers there, over top rated workers - sad, I don't want to see ySense go down that route - Company X has lost so many good workers and staff over the years and their choice of a community manager was a lousy one at best, one who had zero experience with the core company.

I've said many times before what ySense needs is community leader presence on forum - it happened, this is a good thing, so far - I do hope it does not become the same as what I experienced in another company - All it took was to report and flag an inappropriate post from a condescending support leader there who violated her own rules of conduct, to get the boot and throw all these years down the toilet, hard work and dedication - thank goodness things are not like that around here at least, community has remained strong over the years, despite a few disagreements here and there - hopefully they won't divide it like it was the case for another company in a totally different industry, let's just call it Company X, the company that threatens their workers and forbid discussing ANYTHING company EVEN public information - although I'm sure this would never hold in court.
Darkstar2
Posts18,286
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,598
Likes Received12,933/7,056

#11 by Darkstar2 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 08:19

@Tasman1 and all, here is their reasoning why war posts are being removed, it's simple, they are just enforcing the rules down in stone - not all rules were enforced before, even though rule #13 was created by Valerie and she specifically said why at the time - the reasoning behind why the war topics are removed are so wrong, because none of them are violating the rules.

Let's analyse.

Rule #1, was not being violated in any of the topics about war. Neither was #2.

Let's look at #3
Quote:
Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law will not be tolerated.

None of the topics infringed any laws, threatened or invaded privacy, nothing hateful other than of the actions of the perpetrator of the war, it was discussion about general news, even kids are aware of the events and more aware of world events - nothing offensive or personal in any of those topics - the only exception would be posts that suggest assassinations these would definitely cross the line, but otherwise for the rest - it's absurd.

Rule #10 is a solid reason why no topics should be restricted here other than the ones already mentioned, (nudity, adult material, copyright, etc.) Here's why:

Quote:
The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of ClixSense or its staff. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to use the reporting system.

First of all, this is ySense not ClixSense, and site is not held accounatble for opinions expressed on forum, or in other words the opinions are expressed by their respective authors and not necessarily shared by company. It would be a good idea to change ClixSense to ySense :P

Rule #13, no politics or religion - this was a rule Valerie created because at the time it was warranted - and necessary - but she later allowed it as long as the discussions were kept on a level that does not violate the other forum rules.
Proof this rule was relaxed is all these discussions about politics and elections over the years were kept there.

Religion yes that can be a hot subject, but politics and general / current events like a war should be allowed to be discussed, there is no VALID reason otherwise - unless the topics could generate clashes between members - something religion topics can, but even so compared to some of the days on CS, there has been far fewer clashes here.

So let me get this straight we were allowed to discuss the January 6 riots, the Ottawa Convoy conflit, Elections, etc, but cannot discuss about the invasion of Ukraine by Russia ? because of Rule #13 even though the person who created this rule specifically said she allowed discussions falling in those categories - in other words that rule was not consistently enforced - and tolerated as long as things did not get personal - I guess at time it should have been edited that rule :lol: Sometimes your own rules can come bite you in the arse later ! So I guess if there is WW3 and the whole world is in shambles, we won't be allowed to discuss?

It's always been a project of mine to start own forum, I even dabbled with forum software in the past, I would if I had time, but I am only here most of the time late evenings, and not as much as before, so no time for that. At a time of a war and major consequences for the world, are people interested in reading other topics ? They should watch the engagement in those topics and figure it out :roll:
Darkstar2
Posts18,286
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,598
Likes Received12,933/7,056

#12 by tasman1 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 15:01

Forum rules are getting complicated here for me to understand
I demand ySense to create special forum for Apes , one that Apes like me can understand :lol: :lol:
tasman1
Posts16,944
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given15,431
Likes Received16,693/8,712

#13 by Darkstar2 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 19:23

tasman1 wrote: Forum rules are getting complicated here for me to understand
I demand ySense to create special forum for Apes , one that Apes like me can understand :lol: :lol:

I hope that ySense team can reconsider on their latest direction which is dividing community. I think community should be allowed any discussions - rule #13 was created by Valerie, not by owner of this company, she stated why she created that rule and why it was not always enforced - they should reconsider allowing us discussing anything especially current news, except illegal or high risk topics, as long as it is done without flaming, attacking or personal or violating any other rule.
If not, then Tasman1 we can simply do what we did before those war topics, discuss other stuff, there's lots to discuss outside war .... Besides this war will not last forever, it's same old same old, eventually we have to move on to other stuff.........it's just the principle of what is being done here. I think ySense should reconsider, since Rule #13 was made by a former moderator and was not really enforced because in the end, there is no flame wars and fights that existed in ClixSense as a result of these topics, ySense should amend #13 and reconsider its position - for the reason that the war is part of current news and events that concern the world - this is not a discussion about political party and which one is better or not, so they should reconsider - I have seen over the years other forums and how things are done, it can get quite nasty and ugly, it becomes personal and it becomes a war zone - it is not the case here at all - so to the team please reconsider your position and please do not destroy and divide the community - The forum and general discussions were part of ClixSense's legacy over the years - don't destroy that too.
Darkstar2
Posts18,286
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,598
Likes Received12,933/7,056

#14 by suraraj » Fri Mar 25, 2022 09:17

In this form we cannot comment on religion, war, inflation etc. But surprisingly most surveys are asking about our religion, caste, ethnicity and also about other intricate details about our life. So I hope sense prevails.
suraraj
Posts1,059
Member Since24 Nov 2017
Last VisitToday
Likes Given226
Likes Received864/580

#15 by Arvind9 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:05

Yes but no survey is asking about war,a topic on religion god wont get locked up or deleted its allowed to bash god because he is not above our Politicians,politicians cannot take criticism,everything is so managed that no one should be allowed to defy it,they are as good as dictators where people are not allowed to give their opinion

Today people are paying the price because of their politicians,how would all the propaganda expain that its nearly a month and the war is still on Putin was going to fizzle out in a few days
Arvind9
Posts5,085
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,288
Likes Received3,119/2,267

#16 by Darkstar2 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 18:13

suraraj wrote: In this form we cannot comment on religion, war, inflation etc. But surprisingly most surveys are asking about our religion, caste, ethnicity and also about other intricate details about our life. So I hope sense prevails.

Fortunately most surveys have a choice not to answer this - these questions are common in surveys for authors to analyse the representation of the sample data, it's all aggregate data. It's strange because I haven't done one survey yet on the war - oh wait, I haven't had any surveys altogether :lol:

But fear not we have lots of topics, like how vaccine makers have lied to us about efficacy and safety and how new studies shed some light on possible long term effects. A new Corona 1 mutation away from another pandemic, this time with 33% mortality, etc. I hope that during the days of the apocalypse we will be allowed to discuss our demise :D
Darkstar2
Posts18,286
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,598
Likes Received12,933/7,056

#17 by suraraj » Fri Mar 25, 2022 22:08

Do not lie, You are getting 1 cent survey everyday. :lol:
suraraj
Posts1,059
Member Since24 Nov 2017
Last VisitToday
Likes Given226
Likes Received864/580

#18 by tasman1 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 22:19

suraraj wrote: Do not lie, You are getting 1 cent survey everyday. :lol:



Plus 2 cent every month to update his data :lol:
tasman1
Posts16,944
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given15,431
Likes Received16,693/8,712

#19 by Darkstar2 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 06:55

suraraj wrote: Do not lie, You are getting 1 cent survey everyday. :lol:

Oh that 1 cent a day poll, right, how dare I forget this :lol: You know what, I don't even bother with it because I am so demotivated - but I'll start taking those again - If they add 1 cent cashout denominations it would be cool though - There is one long standing GPT that's been in business since 2002 (long before CS) and the minimum there is $0.01 :D

After writing this post I managed to complete a $3.99 10 minute Peanut Labs :D + 44 cents daily checklist bonus.
TOTAL earnings for March a gigantic, $6.04 :D Fortunately there is PeanutLabs, the rest, ySense own surveys, Samp, etc, all Off Quota all the time. Junk, it's as if they are all late inventories - Are suppliers delivering only late inventories to this site, I can only think of one reason why they would do so - if company has a bad reputation or low quality score compared to other GPTs - but I remember reading Prodege's Quality Score on LUCID, and it was in the 94%, it was among the top 3, so there is no logical explanation why survey invites here are so bad - but then there is not much logic to anything else :lol:

Querying quota status through API and dynamically refreshing invites would be a nice feature if such function is available, if not, suppliers should make it a function - Of course this could not be updated in realtime, but it could run on a cron job once daily or twice, to help keep survey invite lists clean.

Also noticed YourSurveys is gone from here, I do not see any invites.
Darkstar2
Posts18,286
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,598
Likes Received12,933/7,056

#20 by tasman1 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 22:23

First time they put in loockdown or erased posts I did boycott forum for one day
Today they erased another my post , this time I will boycott forum for whole April

Sadly less I can talk on one site less time I spend on one site , less time I spend on one site less I earn on that site

Back May 1st
tasman1
Posts16,944
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given15,431
Likes Received16,693/8,712
Post Reply
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Jul 1, 2022 22:46:43 PST