Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkTennessee Book Burning
Topic Rating:

Jump to
ySense Customer Care CornerySense Knowledge CenterMembers LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Tennessee Book Burning

#1 by josealvesjr » Sat Feb 05, 2022 07:08

How sick can it get? What is it, 1933 Nazi Germany all over again?
A (controversial) Tennessee pastor led a book burning on Wednesday night to fight “demonic influences”, with a crowd incinerating copies of books including Harry Potter and Twilight. LOL
The burning, which was livestreamed on Facebook, followed last month’s decision by a Tennessee school district to ban the Holocaust-based graphic novel Maus.
Bring all books. Stop allowing demonic influences into your home, pastor and pro-Trump conspiracy theorist Greg Locke wrote in a Facebook post that has since been removed.
We will be in our continued series on Deliverance from Demons. We have stuff coming in from all over that we will be burning it. We’re not playing games. Witchcraft and accursed things must go, said Locke
Locke’s event in the Nashville suburb of Mt. Juliet drew large crowds as participants threw in copies of the Harry Potter and Twilight series,among other books.
The 1st amendment seemingly knows no limits.
josealvesjr
Posts1,741
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given453
Likes Received1,335/872

#2 by tasman1 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 13:03

There is no limit how far human stupidity and cruelty can go , never was , never will
In good time we can all be good , in bad times even Satan can look like Saint compared what human can do
Did see both side in my lifetime
tasman1
Posts16,944
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given15,431
Likes Received16,693/8,712

#3 by Darkstar2 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 13:17

josealvesjr wrote: How sick can it get? What is it, 1933 Nazi Germany all over again?
A (controversial) Tennessee pastor led a book burning on Wednesday night to fight “demonic influences”, with a crowd incinerating copies of books including Harry Potter and Twilight. LOL

Seriously what kind of crack has he been smoking ? :P He forgot the Baby Shark song booklet, that's definitely demonic :lol: Wow you are right it cannot get any more stupid than that - FUNNY, since we are on the topic, what about the massive pedophelia that plagues these institutions - Cardinals and even the Pope himself and the Vatican have always looked the other way on that one, if that's not demonic in nature what is, how is Harry Potter more demonic than the large number of sexual offenders and pedophiles in his industry. Let's see burning Harry Potter books, but what about all the demonic influences in songs, inciting hate, rape & murder, it's funny that he doesn't talk about that.

Quote:
Bring all books. Stop allowing demonic influences into your home, pastor and pro-Trump conspiracy theorist Greg Locke wrote in a Facebook post that has since been removed.
We will be in our continued series on Deliverance from Demons. We have stuff coming in from all over that we will be burning it. We’re not playing games. Witchcraft and accursed things must go, said Locke
Locke’s event in the Nashville suburb of Mt. Juliet drew large crowds as pa

ahahahah OK sure let's ban Sesame Street too because it's a demonic influence, heck the muppets, smh, seriously this is crazy. and this moron can't even consider himself Pro Trump, because Trump would never stand for that, he is about freedom of expression, not banning and burning, what a complete and utter tool, speaking of influences, he is a bad influence to his role, he should step down, and join the Illuminati instead.

Quote:
Participants threw in copies of the Harry Potter and Twilight series,among other books.
The 1st amendment seemingly knows no limits.

and he dare calls himself a Pro Trump - I have an idea, he should add in his dirty socks too. People have nothing else better to do :D
Darkstar2
Posts18,286
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,598
Likes Received12,933/7,056

#4 by Darkstar2 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 13:22

tasman1 wrote: There is no limit how far human stupidity and cruelty can go , never was , never will
In good time we can all be good , in bad times even Satan can look like Saint compared what human can do
Did see both side in my lifetime

:lol: I wonder how that would work out, there is no evil higher than Lucifer himself - like the expression that says there is no higher than God himself, the evil of man kind is a direct image of Satan - Satan can never be a saint next to the most evil of human being, it's impossible, I mean as much as this planet is a rotting sphere of spinning dung, it doesn't compare to what an actual hell would be like - I guess you can say we are in paradise here compared to what's in hell,
even with the misery of earth - though some countries have it really bad, they might as well consider themselves already in hell. Maybe PHYSICAL LIFE itself is a Limbo for souls or hell for some :D
Darkstar2
Posts18,286
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,598

#5 by josealvesjr » Sat Feb 05, 2022 14:47

The roman catholic church is about over and done that opened the door for those so called pastors who are nothing more than conman,charlatans or even false prophets who prey on the feeble minded and are only in it for financial gain. The U.S and Brazil are loaded with them. Here in Brazil they even do not have to pay any taxes. Come here start your church but you must be a smooth talker.
josealvesjr
Posts1,741
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given453
Likes Received1,335/872

#6 by Darkstar2 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 16:38

josealvesjr wrote: The roman catholic church is about over and done that opened the door for those so called pastors who are nothing more than conman,charlatans or even false prophets who prey on the feeble minded and are only in it for financial gain. The U.S and Brazil are loaded with them. Here in Brazil they even do not have to pay any taxes. Come here start your church but you must be a smooth talker.

Interesting because in parts of the scripture, (Revelations?) there is discussion about the "fall of the Church". OK not all priests are cons and pedophiles, but a lot are, we can agree on that - it's more of the cardinals and higherups, especially the ones who have TV spots, they are scam artists, they prey on false hope and desperation to raise money, it is a big issue here in North America, in fact some of the ministries and organisations you would least expect to be involved in scams were exposed and reported - and the whole "miracle scam", search for Peter Popoff :D So it's kinda ironic when you hear about a pastor wanting to chase demonic influences, he should start on his side of the grass - how many CRIMES have the Vatican covered up, looked the other way, not all of the victims of these pedophiles and/or sex offenders have all spoken - and if it's not sex offenders it's scandals, priests stealing from the money pool, you know the money you put in the plate at the church thinking it goes for a good cause, well think again :D Again, not all pastors are bad - but many are - since sexual urges is a natural thing humans were gifted to by the creator himself, they should start freely distributing shag dolls (the expensive kind), anything to keep them from committing crimes, and better auditing and vetting them, to prevent theft and scams. but like I said, some people in the powers that be, turn the other way, they are just as guilty as the criminals that most are :mrgreen:

P.S. I was wondering what happened to you, been a while thought you fell in a volcano or in Mel's hole :lol:
Darkstar2
Posts18,286
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,598

#7 by tasman1 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 17:19

Priest , and similar names in different religions .... just a human in building
Church and similar names in different religions .....just a building for priest

Both have nothing in common with what God or Gods are

b.t.w , darkstar , josealvesjr have no time to come , he is just trying to copy me , sitting on verandah counting blonde
tasman1
Posts16,944
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given15,431

#8 by josealvesjr » Sun Feb 06, 2022 02:48

Darkstar2 wrote:
josealvesjr wrote: The roman catholic church is about over and done that opened the door for those so called pastors who are nothing more than conman,charlatans or even false prophets who prey on the feeble minded and are only in it for financial gain. The U.S and Brazil are loaded with them. Here in Brazil they even do not have to pay any taxes. Come here start your church but you must be a smooth talker.

Interesting because in parts of the scripture, (Revelations?) there is discussion about the "fall of the Church". OK not all priests are cons and pedophiles, but a lot are, we can agree on that - it's more of the cardinals and higherups, especially the ones who have TV spots, they are scam artists, they prey on false hope and desperation to raise money, it is a big issue here in North America, in fact some of the ministries and organisations you would least expect to be involved in scams were exposed and reported - and the whole "miracle scam", search for Peter Popoff :D So it's kinda ironic when you hear about a pastor wanting to chase demonic influences, he should start on his side of the grass - how many CRIMES have the Vatican covered up, looked the other way, not all of the victims of these pedophiles and/or sex offenders have all spoken - and if it's not sex offenders it's scandals, priests stealing from the money pool, you know the money you put in the plate at the church thinking it goes for a good cause, well think again :D Again, not all pastors are bad - but many are - since sexual urges is a natural thing humans were gifted to by the creator himself, they should start freely distributing shag dolls (the expensive kind), anything to keep them from committing crimes, and better auditing and vetting them, to prevent theft and scams. but like I said, some people in the powers that be, turn the other way, they are just as guilty as the criminals that most are :mrgreen:

P.S. I was wondering what happened to you, been a while thought you fell in a volcano or in Mel's hole :lol:

Thanks Darkstar and Tasman that you noticed my absence however here in Brazil January is holiday season. Full blast summer. At the end of February (this year) it is carnaval. Brazil is known for being on a stand still until after carnaval. Call it what ever you like but the first months of the year it is even more leasure than the rest of the year. This is how empires are build. :lol: :lol:
josealvesjr
Posts1,741
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given453
Likes Received1,335/872

#9 by mukande » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:01

I had a friend in University who was from Brazil....always dancing..always smiling...
mukande
Posts479
Member Since27 Oct 2014
Last Visit25 Jun 2022
Likes Given1,061
Likes Received248/180

#10 by valerie » Mon Feb 07, 2022 06:20

I think something like that should perhaps be personal. If a parent does not want their child to read specific books, then enforce that at home and also send a note to the school.

Burning books and making a big tadoo about it only does the opposite, not to mention opening a can of worms. For example, I have never read 'Maus' but now I want to and I will. Another example is fairy tales. Do we burn books such as Hansel and Gretel? What about Halloween celebrations?

In my opinion, that all becomes a personal matter.
valerie
Posts22,508
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,623
Likes Received19,993/8,547

#11 by tasman1 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 13:16

valerie wrote: I think something like that should perhaps be personal. If a parent does not want their child to read specific books, then enforce that at home and also send a note to the school.

Burning books and making a big tadoo about it only does the opposite, not to mention opening a can of worms. For example, I have never read 'Maus' but now I want to and I will. Another example is fairy tales. Do we burn books such as Hansel and Gretel? What about Halloween celebrations?

In my opinion, that all becomes a personal matter.

Correct , more they forbid more we like it , that is why I did read Mein Kampf from Mr Adolf Hitler :o
This is in reality same problem with vaccine ,more they push it to be mandatory more we will resist , end will be in world wide revolution in 2022 ...... told that last year

War China - USA -Russia ...... no . do not think so , in 2022 most Army will be deployed home to protect rich and powerful , politicians , revolution and civil wars will be new norm world wide

Ops , forgot to say ...... tasman1 prophecy .... Civil war in USA will start in Idaho
Last edited by tasman1 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 14:43 » edited 1 time in total
tasman1
Posts16,944
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given15,431

#12 by Darkstar2 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 08:41

tasman1 wrote:

Correct , more they forbid more we like it , that is why I did read Mein Kampf from Mr Adolf Hitler :o
This is in reality same problem with vaccine ,more they push it to be mandatory more we will resist , end will be in world wide revolution in 2022 ...... told that last year

War China - USA -Russia .....

The whole vaccine issue is tricky. Right now mandatory vaccines is pointless, it's a waste of bloody time - Let's rewind back to the first strain of COVID19, the original strain, which the vaccines were designed for, in an ideal world, if most of the world was vaccinated at the time, would have reached herd immunity and been in a better position - it would have been a short pandemic, and no time for new variants to emerge - so vaccine mandates would have worked from day 1. Fast forward years later to 2022, the current vaccines are weak, in the sense that they do not give you enough neutralising protection against the virus, only protection against severity, which means the virus continues to infect and spread regardless of vaccination - so imposing a vaccine mandate will change NOTHING, the virus will continue to spread and mutate - The only thing a vaccine mandate will achieve is reduce hospital admissions, if you consider that more than 50% of non vaccinated people make up for hospital admissions in some areas, so unclogging of health care. BUT vaccination alone will not stop the virus. It's pointless to impose vaccination on an outdated vaccine. Also new studies show that frequent doses of boosters can compromise your immunity and create cell exhaustion - too many boosters might make you more VULNERABLE to infections. Anything past the 2 initial dose + booster would be pointless and too risky, so we cannot spend our entire life getting booster doses every 3-6 months.

So the whole making vaccines mandatory and imposing vaccination passports is a complete and utter waste of time - it's USELESS - Vaccinated people spread the virus just as much, if not more! Imposing testing is one thing, it would help but vaccination, would TEMPORARILY reduce hospitalisations, but in the long run if people's immunity gets compromised by too many vaccines, it will have the opposite effect.

The sad reality now that most countries are heading towards - collateral damage - meaning they declare the pandemic an endemic - and loosen restrictions or remove them - with the goal that mass population gets infected and re-infected and builds natural immunity, hoping that eventually this wall of natural immunity will protect us from future variants, and that the virus will become another endemic one, like the Flu, only requiring 1 shot a year (optional). The problem here, is that this means more vulnerable people will die, I do not think any innocent person should die, but in the end they can never make vaccines fast enough or last long enough to end this pandemic.

As far as social distancing and mask wearing in my opinion this should remain permanent and enforced, at least until this pandemic reaches an endemic stage around the world, like the Flu, but we could be wearing masks for a few more year sto come - I'd rather wear masks and social distance than get a booster shot every 3 months. I already got my 2 doses of vaccine - vaccine neutralising efficacy after 20 weeks = 0%, 3rd dose brings neutralising efficacy up 60%-70%, for a few weeks, then down. I got my 3 bloody doses, enough is enough. Hoping that this pandemic is nearing an endemic stage.......This could happen this year or next, who knows.

and no Mr. Trump, I haven't tried your Chlorox trick yet :lol: Though between the Pfizer treatment and that, I'd choose the Chlorix :P (note sarcasm).

DISCLAIMER: Do not try this - do not do this anywhere, anyplace, anytime or on any planet :D
Darkstar2
Posts18,286
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,598
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Jul 1, 2022 21:38:20 PST