Please wait...
Topic Rating:

Jump to
ySense Customer Care CornerySense Knowledge CenterMembers LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Bye

#1 by valerie » Tue Dec 29, 2020 06:31

Bye everybody! I wish you all much success, wealth, and especially great health and long life. :P

(I'll be moderating the forums until the end of the year (a couple more days).)
valerie
Posts22,081
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,474
Likes Received19,772/8,375

#2 by josealvesjr » Tue Dec 29, 2020 06:43

valerie wrote: Bye everybody! I wish you all much success, wealth, and especially great health and long life. :P

Well Valerie as you know I regret your decision but of course I respect it. In my opinion you have always done a good job.
Thank you for that. I hope that you nonetheless will continue to have your presence at the forum.
It will be difficult to replace you, that is if ySense is to continue the forums, I can´t come up with anybody.
Last edited by josealvesjr » Tue Dec 29, 2020 09:20 » edited 2 times in total
josealvesjr
Posts1,711
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given435
Likes Received1,303/848

#3 by sonyjmn » Tue Dec 29, 2020 06:54

Sad to know you are leaving

Wish you happy prosperous new year Valerie

Hats off to you so many years you had done this job well

Any ways now only few members will be left

Where ever you Go be happy always and we miss you here

Already many Indians have left this site

Because of now low earnings will be just few cents from RU and no tasks

So now no moderator for forum or from January Its Goodbye to Forum
Last edited by sonyjmn » Tue Dec 29, 2020 06:58 » edited 1 time in total
sonyjmn
Posts7,769
Member Since25 Sep 2012
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,453
Likes Received5,147/3,047

#4 by wildbillhickok » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:04

You have been a great Moderator Valerie :thumbup:

If you leaving then I wish you success on whatever other projects you might have. :thumbup:
wildbillhickok
Posts253
Member Since23 Sep 2017
Last Visit13 Dec 2021
Likes Given124
Likes Received147/116

#5 by sdjuric » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:32

Best of wishes in your endeavors, Valerie.

Your posts were full of useful information and I feel you were doing a great job as a moderator.

Thanks for everything.
sdjuric
Posts30
Member Since20 Dec 2019
Last Visit23 Feb 2021
Likes Given18
Likes Received39/19

#6 by mukande » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:59

Thank you for doing such a great job..! We will miss you
mukande
Posts476
Member Since27 Oct 2014
Last Visit21 Jan 2022
Likes Given1,060
Likes Received247/179

#7 by Darkstar2 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 08:43

valerie wrote: Bye everybody!

So I guess they didn't change their minds, hmm,I guess this could be a sign of the future :D Remember, I've been in those shoes too, don't close doors, I thought I had found something much much better, and now I am back to my roots :mrgreen: but you probably know that already.

Quote:
I wish you all much success, wealth, and especially great health and long life. :P

Thank you, and the same to you, all the best, stay safe, as far as wealth, well it ain't happening here that's for sure :lol: and I don't buy lottery tickets :P It's been quite a bumpy ride, we had our very bad moments, but on the other hand they were offset by good discussions and debates like never before especially this year, which is good, I am glad at least the wind shifted and things are left in good terms rather than in bad, which is why I think a little distraction through general conversations is a good thing, for everybody's sanity, keeps most people out of trouble, and you have been a big part of many of these discussions, and it's been fun reading your replies and replying ot them :P which is better than fights .......... So who is going to keep Tasman1 in check now ? :P Be sure to drop by from time to time, don't wait until the 2024 elections :mrgreen:

Quote:

So the space ship will pick you up at exactly midnight is that it ? Well you may not be a mod anymore - but don't forget the forum ........ All the best, and take some pictures of wherever you are going, hope it is a better place than earth :mrgreen: You may have been harsh and struck some nerves at times, but who isn't......still, you brought some life into many of the discussions here and that will surely be missed - generally you have been receptive on criticisms and about the site, compared to another company I worked for where the forum was led by 2 tyrants, COLD blooded tyrants that only gave special consideration to members who suck up to them or complimented them those 2 tyrants were let go by the company after restructuring. We have had some of our best discussions and debating in 2020, this is proof that discussions is good for this site, and avoiding some topics and keywords is the best policy, but discussing sometimes heated / controversial topics is also good too, for a good balance. I know that some people here will certainly not miss you and are probably happy, BUT despite differences, you can still get along with people, as there is always a little common ground you can work on, of course it is not always the case.

Have a safe and blessed new year 2021, and stay out of trouble :mrgreen: One advice I can give to you, if it means anything, don't run a GPT site, it's more headaches than anything else, and you may disagree with me, but the industry is going to dramatically shift over the years. If you do decide to run a GPT, make sure to post the link here :lol:
Last edited by Darkstar2 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 08:51 » edited 1 time in total
Darkstar2
Posts17,458
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,339
Likes Received12,575/6,761

#8 by valerie » Wed Dec 30, 2020 09:05

@Darkstar2. I figured out that if I could keep you busy with discussions of stuff other than
ySense, you'd be a much happier camper. ;)

Seriously, it's good for people to have an outlet and some times getting your mind on something
else for awhile, is a relief.

I always believed the General Discussions sub forum was a good place for members to take a
break. A break from a lot of things. I always tried to instigate some activity here in this sub
forum if it was nothing more than adding a nonsense poll.

If they'd paid me a monthly stipend, I would have stayed. That is ok that they obviously don't
want to do that. It's long over due that I need to do something else. I have a few things in
mind.

Anyway, good luck to you and everyone. Happy New Year to All and I sure hope it is a better
one for everybody! :P
valerie
Posts22,081
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,474
Likes Received19,772/8,375

#9 by Darkstar2 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 09:30

valerie wrote: @Darkstar2. I figured out that if I could keep you busy with discussions of stuff other than
ySense, you'd be a much happier camper. ;)

Well, it's not only that, but what was said was said, there was pretty much not much else, and I'm glad at least other people share the same sentiments, in fact you have also shared your sentiments too about how things run around here, which is nice to see when it comes from a mod, because it is unusual. On another forum I was on for a company I worked for, the 2 tyrants leaders that were there in those years were cold bricks, they only were nice if you complimented them AND the company even though the company was a complete MESS, and you never read any critical opinions from those 2, because the company had them on short strings like the puppets that they were, where they were supposed to represent the community and unite, they only divided and defended the company. Yeah ySense may not be perfect and we may have been harsh at times, but one thing that should be credited, is that the company here at least allows for mods to have critical opinions AND its users to have critical opinions without the threat of termination ....... I also figured, it's better to have a balance of good discussions but this does not mean nobody should complain or let out some steam, it's just finding the right balance, it's just that sometimes things get so frustrating - a lot of the fights, complaints and things you did not like could have been avoided you know, with good communication on the part of the owners..........but anyhow what is done is done, at least here on this forum our opinions are not made and manipulated by 2 leaders with an ax to grind, this is a good thing, and at least here people with good opinions don't get special treatment and consideration unlike the other company I freelanced for, at least the 2 bad apples are gone from there, too bad that they both destroyed my good relation and career with the company,

Quote:
Seriously, it's good for people to have an outlet and some times getting your mind on something
else for awhile, is a relief.

I'm happy at least you think this way, it was also nice to see that sometimes you too had critical opinions on how things work around here, it's good to let off some steam, especially when one can backup their arguments rather than just say "things are bad, this sucks", backing up arguments adds credibility and weight, I guess you just did not like when it was done repeatedly - but I guess some people are more vocal than others, believe me, there is more people that share those sentiments but are afraid to expose them or post them, they shouldn't be afraid though, but I suspect that the people who are probably are also part of that other company I used to work for so they are used to the behaviour and tyranny of their former leaders ....... oh well.

Quote:
I always believed the General Discussions sub forum was a good place for members to take a
break. A break from a lot of things. I always tried to instigate some activity here in this sub
forum if it was nothing more than adding a nonsense poll.

If they'd paid me a monthly stipend, I would have stayed. That is ok that they obviously don't
want to do that. It's long over due that I need to do something else. I have a few things in
mind.

Did you try asking them directly rather than through the forum, yeah you do know it was a long shot, but quite odd from a multi site ownership type of company, you'd expect they would have the means to do so, as opposed to a small GPT, but lack of communication / presence from them, lower of rates all over the place, disappearance of tasks from GPT channels, it's likely going to be a bumpy ride for GPT sites, mainly the international ones. I knew eventually tasks would disappear, I even discussed this with Jim before that eventually tasks will no longer be available on GPTs, he seem to acknowledge that it would be a big blow to the site but that he would survive nonetheless.........I think nonetheless this will be a BIG blow to this site and any other international site, so it would be unlikely they would add any further expense, even as little as may be. Still, you don't need a stipend to post as a regular user, if that were the case i better send invoices, I'd be wealthy :lol:
Darkstar2
Posts17,458
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,339

#10 by Nikorj » Wed Dec 30, 2020 09:35

Bye Valerie!!

Have a great New year!!, Or WW3 as we call it in Copenhagen :mrgreen:
Nikorj
Posts1,935
Member Since27 Apr 2014
Last Visit17 Jan 2022
Likes Given1,473
Likes Received1,614/1,036

#11 by Darkstar2 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:53

Nikorj wrote: Bye Valerie!!

I would normally disagree with you there, BUT since Biden will be in power, the scenario is more likely, I guess all we can do is hope for a less shitty year, fair enough - we know that 2021 won't be a NORMAL year still, I think the worst is yet to come, hopefully though we can see some light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm not talking the light caused by nuke bombs :P
Darkstar2
Posts17,458
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,339

#12 by Arvind9 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:48

Anyway good luck to you and a very happy new year,maybe after you leave the forum may also close down,dont see any moderate being active regularly,so naturally there is no one to do the job without being paid
Arvind9
Posts4,971
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,145
Likes Received3,073/2,235

#13 by tasman1 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 13:16

Bye Mod , Welcome new members Valerie and ......tasman1
tasman1
Posts16,360
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given14,915
Likes Received16,222/8,441

#14 by Nikorj » Wed Dec 30, 2020 13:55

Darkstar2 wrote:
Nikorj wrote: Bye Valerie!!

I would normally disagree with you there, BUT since Biden will be in power, the scenario is more likely, I guess all we can do is hope for a less shitty year, fair enough - we know that 2021 won't be a NORMAL year still, I think the worst is yet to come, hopefully though we can see some light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm not talking the light caused by nuke bombs :P

Oh!!, The amount of fireworks being fired in the inner city makes you feel you're in a bloody war (Not even Cocid-19 can change that) :D

Getting to the nearest 7/11 and back without losing an eye and 2 limbs is considered a success.
Nikorj
Posts1,935
Member Since27 Apr 2014
Last Visit17 Jan 2022
Likes Given1,473
Likes Received1,614/1,036

#15 by Darkstar2 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 20:42

Arvind9 wrote: Anyway good luck to you and a very happy new year,maybe after you leave the forum may also close down,dont see any moderate being active regularly,so naturally there is no one to do the job without being paid

It shouldn't have to close, who knows even if the site will continue, after this whole bomb Appen left on GPT as an end of year gift !!!
Darkstar2
Posts17,458
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,339
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Jan 25, 2022 06:49:35 PST