Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkMelania Trump in Green
Topic Rating:

Jump to
ySense Customer Care CornerySense Knowledge CenterMembers LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Melania Trump in Green

#1 by tasman1 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 14:21

Repeat after me: Bright green clothing is not safe for the internet.

First lady Melania Trump learned that the hard way when she wore a lime green dress to the closing night of the Republican National Convention, which was held, in an unprecedented move, on the White House South Lawn Thursday.

The moment she emerged from the building, internet pranksters knew they had their work cut out for them

According to CNN’s Kate Bennett, the dress appeared to be a Valentino, but to the hooligans online, it was nothing more than a blank canvas. Video editors immediately had at it, using the dress as an opportunity to draw attention to some of the issues that were hardly referenced by Republicans during the four-day convention. The coronavirus pandemic and Black Lives Matter protests were common themes overlaid on the dress.

No matter what I still think she is one of most beautiful women in the world , stunning
Last edited by valerie » Mon Aug 31, 2020 15:14 » edited 1 time in total
Reason: we know who u r
tasman1
Posts16,929
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given15,425
Likes Received16,686/8,707

#2 by valerie » Sun Aug 30, 2020 18:00

Many people are so very jealous of the First Lady.

I don't see how anyone can deny that she is beautiful no matter what she wears.

The bright green dress, I thought it was gorgeous. I could never wear that color and
I think very few women could but she pulled it off just fine.
valerie
Posts22,504
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,623
Likes Received19,991/8,546

#3 by wildbillhickok » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:55

Fashion?! ...Or in another words, a summit of people, who by some authority given to them, say what is right and what is not.

Well, at least, when things are signed by someone from this summit, the "item" is automatically of good taste. This simplifies matters a lot. But not always as I see...

It reminds me of 'modern art', you know, like some scultures labeled as "modern art", someone "bends some wires, paint them"..."creates a "concept" behind it...And all of sudden it is art (by consensus).... And a bilionaire dude pays 100 million to have it....Then he tells to his rich buddies (bragging about it ): "Look, I bought a (name of the "artist") piece of art. Them the other replies:" Outstanding, you have a good taste".

Who deems the "stuff" art???

Yeah, I really don't care about fashion...I don't even know why I clicked, read and replied this thread... :?:
wildbillhickok
Posts253
Member Since23 Sep 2017
Last Visit13 Dec 2021
Likes Given124
Likes Received147/116

#4 by valerie » Mon Aug 31, 2020 15:16

Yes it can be an art form.

Me, ole bland me, I wear old t-shirts and old jeans, 99.999% of the time.
valerie
Posts22,504
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,623

#5 by Darkstar2 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 17:28

For those who have no clue what this is about, in film it is referred to as green screen, or chroma key, where they replace the green background with video, that's the foundation of many of the effects in films. So now with digital editing software, you can accomplish this (to some level) on basically any green surface, and replace it with something else. It's a bad idea for politicians to wear green - BUT since we are now in the digital age basically any colour can be used as Chroma key, and with digital software you can do a lot with it.
Darkstar2
Posts18,270
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,594
Likes Received12,930/7,053

#6 by wildbillhickok » Tue Sep 01, 2020 14:05

Why didn't they insert some special effects? This would surely impress the viewers :thumbup:

Imagine the possibilities... On my view they lost an oportunity with this chroma key...
wildbillhickok
Posts253
Member Since23 Sep 2017
Last Visit13 Dec 2021
Likes Given124
Likes Received147/116

#7 by wildbillhickok » Tue Sep 01, 2020 14:08

valerie wrote: Yes it can be an art form.

Me, ole bland me, I wear old t-shirts and old jeans, 99.999% of the time.

Me, most of the time at least, I wear activewear shirts (shirts to exercise), because it is more confortable...
wildbillhickok
Posts253
Member Since23 Sep 2017
Last Visit13 Dec 2021
Likes Given124
Likes Received147/116

#8 by Darkstar2 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 19:32

wildbillhickok wrote: Why didn't they insert some special effects? This would surely impress the viewers :thumbup:

Imagine the possibilities... On my view they lost an oportunity with this chroma key...

Slippery slope - How far can one stretch freedom of expression. Not a good idea to chance it, at least not public figures, and even less, governments in power.

Nowadays there are so many movements, anything you say and do online is subject to far more scrutiny now, and now more than ever before, odds are what you write can be twisted around and made into something else by groups of people or organisations. Stuff you could say online a decade ago and get away with it, now would likely land you in death threats, protests, or even arrests - it doesn't take much now to spark conflict.

If you were to write on twitter "I am an ape who likes bananas" - you can be sure 100% that someone out there will read that and twist it around and call it racist and then you end up getting hate replies, etc. You can write online that you prefer wearing white t-shirts outside in the summer, it can be a very innocent post, and you might floods of hate replies calling you racist. It's amazing how society has evolved now into "movements". God forbid if someone were to say they hate black-eyed peas - it's likely that a new hashtag movement would start, and the movement would request a name change. Many bands, groups, companies are changing their logo, names, etc, even though their intent was never racist to begin with.

So doctoring images of public figures or ANYBODY online is going down a very slippery slope. 1st amendment might protect Americans - it basically protects you against prosecution - but no constitution protects you against the CONSEQUENCES of your words or actions.
Darkstar2
Posts18,270
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,594

#9 by wildbillhickok » Wed Sep 02, 2020 09:15

I know it...

This is happening here in Brazil too. A lot of intolerance and violence...

Just look at how many, from both sides, died recently on protests just in USA.

Surely we have to watch out what we say...However, I don't even have a twitter nor I write any comment that give any margin for people to make something up...to twist, edit or interpret through their prism, or even, eventual illiteracy...

If someone wanted to make me look as something, instead of distorting what I eventually would have said, he would have to start from scratch inventing remarks and then attribute them to me...

Especially if it is related with racism...or if it just give a slight margin for someone to think that what you said is racism...
Last edited by wildbillhickok » Wed Sep 02, 2020 09:50 » edited 1 time in total
wildbillhickok
Posts253
Member Since23 Sep 2017
Last Visit13 Dec 2021
Likes Given124
Likes Received147/116

#10 by josealvesjr » Wed Sep 02, 2020 09:37

Reading your reactions it was her dress which was the highlight of her participation and contribution to the RNC.
josealvesjr
Posts1,741
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given453
Likes Received1,335/872

#11 by wildbillhickok » Wed Sep 02, 2020 09:58

josealvesjr wrote: Reading your reactions it was her dress which was the highlight of her participation and contribution to the RNC.

I'm not american...

So I cannot judge how the RNC was like... Or, if Biden or Trump...It is the USA elections, not my country elections.
wildbillhickok
Posts253
Member Since23 Sep 2017
Last Visit13 Dec 2021
Likes Given124
Likes Received147/116

#12 by josealvesjr » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:03

wildbillhickok wrote:
josealvesjr wrote: Reading your reactions it was her dress which was the highlight of her participation and contribution to the RNC.

I'm not american...

So I cannot judge how the RNC was like... Or, if Biden or Trump...It is the USA elections, not my country elections.

Nonetheless, very important to follow.The outcome of the American elections are of great influence and impact on Brazil.
josealvesjr
Posts1,741
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given453
Likes Received1,335/872

#13 by Darkstar2 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:17

josealvesjr wrote:
wildbillhickok wrote:

I'm not american...

Nonetheless, very important to follow.The outcome of the American elections are of great influence and impact on Brazil.

The outcome of this election will have an impact for many countries, indeed, including Canada. Whenever America sneezes we get the cold so to speak. It seems markets have a domino effect. US is one of the top economies (please note I said ONE of :D) so if US is in the dumps, it reflects on other markets, and if Biden wins, you can count on this watered down version of Obama to sink America into turmoil and cause markets to depreciate big time, because right now markets are way over valued :P So if Biden wins this big fat bubble will explode, so if Trump wins at least that will likely cause positive market returns for the next 4 years before inevitably the RATS take over - hopefully once he finishes his 2nd term, people will sell or change portfolios because markets will tank big time. There are 2 reasons things will collapse if Trump loses. One of the main reasons - civil unrest, negative sentiment, hostility within, and refusal to concede victory - this could trail on for months and bring down ALL recovery and progress made. It could sink America into a depression before Biden even lifts a finger ....... Trump may be the only President in history wasn't in it for the money, he's in it for POWER :mrgreen:

Right now odds of Trump losing are near certain - it's a matter now if by how much ? By a landslide ?

It's unlikely this China virus will settle before November, so the negative sentiment will grow, the rats have enough time to gain traction It would take short of a MIRACLE for Trump to win. By miracle I mean a sudden cure or sudden vaccine, the China virus considerably declining across ALL states, unemployment considerably declining, better than expected economy and jobs data, etc. It ain't gonna happen. Trump may have a lot of supernatural powers, but ending pandemics isn't one of them.

The entire world is plunged into a massive recession - and according to latest data, all except China, the instigator of this pandemic.
Darkstar2
Posts18,270
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,594

#14 by valerie » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:25

No, Trump is not president for power. That I am mighty sure of.
Many people say that because of his type A narcissistic personalty.
But type A behavior and narcissism does not reflect power.

Do you realize that Trump is the oldest president to ever taken office as USA president?
He is.
He was 70 years old when he became president. Actually, closer to age 71.

Trump had plenty of power and plenty of money. He did not have to spend all that energy
running for president and move into the White House which is a far cry from the luxury
penthouse he was used to.

You folks in other countries need to realize these things because you read a lot of what
others are saying and a lot of falsities.

Trump has children and grand children. Trump is absolutely not stupid. He truly wanted
change and still wants change. He wanted all the dip sheds out of the capital. He wanted
our manufacturing back in America instead of people with deep pockets running to other
countries paying cheap labor just to sell it back to Americans at exorbitant prices.

I refuse to put all men in the same category but I say there are far too many people looking
at his personal life. He may be a big axx. He may be a ho monger. A lot of men are attracted
to every other female they see. He may use goofy sentences and goofy speech but he does
it very well at making his point clear.

During the 4 years Trump has been president, he has done more for America than most of
the past presidents.

People that don't like Trump, try everything they can to bring him down and turn heads
against him.

You see, people like me, we don't care about Trumps childhood. We don't care about his
love life. We don't care what his sister and niece and anyone else says about him. We
know that everyone has a maker and some day they will meet their maker. When we meet
our maker it is us as individuals alone stand before Him to be judged. We don't judge in
that regard, we leave it up to the maker. What we are concerned about is how a president
will perform FOR AMERICA. Unfortunately not every president makes the same promises.
So we must choose for the promises that are most important to us and hope and pray that
president will do what he says in regards to what we want as Americans.

So the New York Times, CNN, and everything else that is making tons of money off gossip
and dirty laundry, that does not matter to me. It does not matter to hard working Americans.

What a lot of people don't get is, those fake news articles and gossip columns, are lots of
fun for entertainment and lots of fun for people that have nothing better to read. But when
it comes to Election Day, and the American is standing alone in the booth, the fake news,
the gossip columns, won't mater one iota. The only thing that will matter is what Trump
is standing for.

And covid-19. HaHa! Guess what folks, not all Americans are stupid. Trump did not start
the virus.

Trump is not in it for power. He already had plenty of power. He is in it for change and to
kick out the dum dum's that try to socialize this country.
valerie
Posts22,504
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,623

#15 by Darkstar2 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 16:06

valerie wrote: No, Trump is not president for power. That I am mighty sure of.
Many people say that because of his type A narcissistic personalty.
But type A behavior and narcissism does not reflect power.

That was a theory that he is in it for power - of course he is all business, who doesn't like power and control over things ? He has all the money in the world. He did not even intend to be a President at all. It is one journalist that put the idea in his head at the time during questioning, she suggested that he should run for President.

Quote:
Trump had plenty of power and plenty of money. He did not have to spend all that energy
running for president and move into the White House which is a far cry from the luxury
penthouse he was used to.

Indeed, but some people with money and power want more, as far as being a far cry from his luxury penthouse, I guess the first lady made that very clear :P

Quote:
Trump has children and grand children. Trump is absolutely not stupid. He truly wanted
change and still wants change. He wanted all the dip sheds out of the capital. He wanted
our manufacturing back in America instead of people with deep pockets running to other
countries paying cheap labor just to sell it back to Americans at exorbitant prices.

I agree, no doubt he loves his country and wants change, it may be the main reason, but with the role comes a lot of power, and sometimes people may kinda misuse it at times, after all, Trump is a human, no human is perfect, I guess even he admitted it......but the fact that he wants to change is good, and he is willing to use approaches that are unorthodox and frowned upon, but he gets results - unfortunately, his undoing is his handling this pandemic. If not for this pandemic, he had everything on his side to win - even the rats from the left know it - any victory to the rats will be a gift from this pandemic - though many might claim that Trump did it to himself with his leadership during the pandemic. History show that no President ever won a second term in the current conditions of a deep recession, civil unrest, turmoil, massive job losses, contraction, etc, regardless of who is at fault. If Trump wins this election it would be a historic first. Many of his strong supporters are coming out saying they will support Biden.

Quote:
I refuse to put all men in the same category but I say there are far too many people looking
at his personal life. He may be a big axx. He may be a ho monger. A lot of men are attracted
to every other female they see. He may use goofy sentences and goofy speech but he does
it very well at making his point clear.

Right, but even some members of his family call him a compulsive liar and manipulator - I always laugh when people call Trump a liar - :lol: Name me one politician who hasn't lied once in his career. Though Trump does and says things that normally Presidents don't do, but he gets results (though this is debatable for some), unfortunately his ways didn't pay off for Mr. Corona....... The virus that Trump said would vanish in smoke, on its own. If Americans think strategy and forget about his leadership in the pandemic, they should look long term, after the pandemic, economy, jobs, markets, etc. he will lead them in prosperity in the next 4 years (in theory) - but if he rattles too many trade wars here and there, markets will react negatively. The trade war with China has impacted markets negatively up until he had to make compromise. Unfortunately China is holding the rest of the world by their balls. If Trump spends his second term rattling China's cage with threats on sanctions for pandemic, trade tarifs, etc, it will be rough 4 years, and markets will decline year to year. In my opinion Presidents will always have incentive to do their best during their first term, because that is their report card for a second term, whereas a second term is the last stop, Trump may go haywire in his second term, knowing he has nothing to lose anyway as Presidents cannot run for a third consecutive term, unlike Canada, where you can get stuck with the same clown ..... So let's hope Trump doesn't go all out crazy in his 2nd term - whatever bad stuff he does reflects on Canadians' nest egg as well. US and Canada economies are tied.

Quote:
During the 4 years Trump has been president, he has done more for America than most of
the past presidents.

So true - BUT he is far from perfect and has made some bad decisions, some that may cost him dearly. Some even his own supporters don't want to be associated with. Whatever happens to him, win or lose, at least he will have something to go back to, his business and his money, whilst hundreds of millions of people deal with debt, job losses and a collapsed economy. One thing though, Trump may have saved America from a depression. Any other president would have kept lockdown for several more months, or not re-opened so soon. Imagine how high the unemployment reached, jobless, markets, etc, had the economy kept shut for longer, it would be maybe 10x-20x worse. He has always put pressure on the feds to loosen policies, that would help economy and markets........ BUT, there are 2 sides of the coin, some people will say that Trump helped speed up the recovery, but at what cost, millions of lives and a surge in the China virus......Well it's unfortunate, but people should think of the consequences the other way around; if you keep people locked up, business closed, people will become depressed, go into alcohol, drugs, suicide, violence. One thing that Trump FAILED, is enforcing health safety measures - he downplayed the virus most of the time, and if people followed the same strict guidelines China did, this pandemic would have been over with - or at minimum, the spread of the virus would be LOW.

Now Biden, could he have done better ? Let's see ...........

He wants to raise corporate tax. This could mean 7-8% less earnings for companies, so less money for companies to dump into the market, so under Biden, you would not see steep rises - it would be a stagnating market of slow to moderate decline.

Biden would have kept the economy locked down, would he have saved more lives ? NO, because you cannot keep people locked down for years, eventually you gotta re-open and people will die. Under Biden, more bankruptcies, and a depression like scenario.

Anyways, it's very unlikely Trump wins, he has lost key states and his own supporters - even some hardcore Republicans publicly stated they would support Biden - it's amazing how some Americans can betray their President when during his first term the markets have done nothing but grow year to year, and the economy / jobs reaching records, it's funny how just one or two bad tings, it all goes down the toilet. Presidents are not magicians, there is only so much they can do against a pandemic - they rely on the good faith of the people to follow rules, and unfortunately be it Americans or Canadians, a lot don't have any consideration for others - it's me, myself and I..... Here in Canada we have experts nagging people to do this do that don't do this don't do that, and do people bloody listen ? NO, only 2 provinces in Canada account for 90% of the cases !!! In America, people are crowding in beaches, fornicating, going to bars, BBQ gatherings, as if there is nothing at all, how disgusting and repulsive. You can't blame any politician for people's ignorance. That's the price to pay for a democracy and freedoms through constitution.
In a communist regime, you are told what to do and you bloody do it, and corrupt and communist China has fared well from this pandemic. People don't want to put their constitution on pause for a couple of months to eradicate this virus, so now the whole world pays the price - a pandemic that may last for several years. I have asked a few people I know in the health sector and all agree that this will linger through to 2022 possibly to 2023-2024 vaccine or no vaccine.

Now I said something before and you disagree with me - I said that MAYBE Trump does not really WANT to win a second term, this is a weird theory, because if you think about it, do you believe that Trump wants to spend 4 years worrying about Corona this Corona that ? He has better things to do than wake up in the morning to news about the China virus :D One thing though Trump pushed for funding for economy and a fast tracked vaccine, if he wins, this will continue, and hopefully will help keep the economy afloat - US has recovered much better than Canada, that's because we have always been run by politicians who play it safe, who are for STATUS QUO over changes.

Quote:
People that don't like Trump, try everything they can to bring him down and turn heads
against him.

That's what the rats have been doing all along...and now sadly even his own supporters (some), and of course those inside terrorists (as he calls them, rightfully so) :P

Quote:
You see, people like me, we don't care about Trumps childhood. We don't care about his
love life. We don't care what his sister and niece and anyone else says about him. We
know that everyone has a maker and some day they will meet their maker. When we meet
our maker it is us as individuals alone stand before Him to be judged.

EXACTLY ! Everybody has at least one skeleton in their closet. Most politicians are ridden in scandals at some point and the only time that will end is when they appoint robots as politicians, assuming they are not coded by corrupted developers :lol:

Quote:
And covid-19. HaHa! Guess what folks, not all Americans are stupid. Trump did not start
the virus.

Unfortunately some Canadians and Americans fall for fake news and conspiracies. Some of them are absolutely ABSURD, like even suggesting Trump is the creator of this virus, that he sent to China, absolutely ABSURD !!! It's the kind of propaganda not even the rats would entertain. Trump did not start the virus, it is CHINA, BUT........when exactly did Trump learn about the first case in Wuhan ? One of his big mistakes is not taking the threat seriously. Trump never imagined this would be a widespread pandemic, he said many times not to worry this will never be an issue, the spread will remain contained. Did Trump trust too much his friend Xi Ji Ping ? Had corrupt China closed all travel in and out and do what they do now, test first; had US taken ANY virus outbreak as serious - a lot of things would be avoided. SO yeah, I agree with everything else about Trump he is the right person, he is not popular in his ways, but he gets results, BUT bad decisions were made in relation to this China Coronavirus Genocide. I also blame our Canadian governments for also not taking this threat seriously.

Right now China's policy on travel, they require covid19 testing and mandatory quarantine - uh, right, too little too late, they should have thought of that last year !!!!

If you remove China virus from the equation, Trump should be re-elected - the PROS far outweigh the CONS in not re-electing him.

And here is an easy way to remember who's right to vote for:

DemocRATS
RepubliCAN

:mrgreen:

Quote:
Trump is not in it for power. He already had plenty of power. He is in it for change and to
kick out the dum dum's that try to socialize this country.

I agree with you though I do think he likes that power ;) but yeah for the rest, I agree, he wants to put the socialists at bay, the very same party that would have imposed Sharia law ;)
Darkstar2
Posts18,270
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,594

#16 by tasman1 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 16:11

x
Last edited by tasman1 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 15:00 » edited 1 time in total
tasman1
Posts16,929
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given15,425
Likes Received16,686/8,707

#17 by valerie » Wed Sep 02, 2020 19:17

When married, you are as one. :mrgreen: <=== How's that for green?
valerie
Posts22,504
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,623

#18 by tasman1 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 23:33

x
Last edited by tasman1 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 15:01 » edited 1 time in total
tasman1
Posts16,929
Member Since5 May 2012