Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkCoronavirus and Globalization...tasman1
Topic Rating:

Jump to
ySense Customer Care CornerySense Knowledge CenterMembers LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Coronavirus and Globalization...tasman1

#1 by tasman1 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 17:31

Are you still for globalization ???? told you , globalization is going to kill us
Millions will die this time , thanks to globalization and our stupidity , close all borders and maybe you will save some humans

China says 41 people have now died from a new coronavirus that has infected more than 1,300 people globally, as health authorities around the world scramble to prevent a global pandemic.

The total number of confirmed cases in China now stands at 1,287, the National Health Commission said in a statement on Saturday.

The death roll has risen from 26 reported on Friday. All the latest deaths occurred in Wuhan, the epicentre of the outbreak that has been in virtual quarantine as China scrambles to contain the virus spread.

The vast majority of the cases and all of the confirmed deaths to date have been in China, but the virus has also been detected in Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Nepal, France and the United States.

Human-to-human transmission has been observed in the virus, which health authorities believe to have originated in a market in Wuhan that traded illegally in wildlife.
tasman1
Posts17,740
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given16,031
Likes Received17,155/9,008

#2 by glevinp » Fri Jan 24, 2020 17:41

Australian news
First Australian case of coronavirus confirmed in Victoria
glevinp
Posts246
Member Since19 Jul 2019
Last Visit30 Dec 2022
Likes Given12
Likes Received191/126

#3 by tasman1 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 17:52

glevinp wrote: Australian news
First Australian case of coronavirus confirmed in Victoria

Yes , did read that just now , it is just a start ..................... how many people world wide did come in contact with virus before virus did show up

Wuhan is big city , economy is big there , 11 million people and how many business people did come in contact with virus ? we will find it soon
tasman1
Posts17,740
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given16,031

#4 by suraraj » Fri Jan 24, 2020 20:55

Hope I will get a survey about corona virus for 50 dollars :roll: :roll:
suraraj
Posts1,062
Member Since24 Nov 2017
Last Visit13 Aug 2022
Likes Given227
Likes Received864/580

#5 by tasman1 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 21:08

suraraj wrote: Hope I will get a survey about corona virus for 50 dollars :roll: :roll:

I will do it for 50 cent , up to 20 min
20 cent for max 5 min
10 cent for 30 second
tasman1
Posts17,740
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given16,031

#6 by Darkstar2 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 21:09

So are they blaming the Chinese again ? Just as a diversion - well that is BS. The whole issue is a big SCAM in my opinion, I do believe that the virus is man made, remember the H1N scare, boy was that a massive scam and didn't last long, now this, remember in another topic I was discussing about how the medical industry and pharma is one big cash cow and running scam machine. What's to say that this virus is not allegedly created by the pharmas, governments or whatever, stock markets plunge, then a vaccine comes out and mass propaganda to have as many people get poisoned by the seedy vaccine like they did for the H1N1......only to later reveal that the vaccine could cause severe complications and damage years later due to the adjuvent - Same will happen now, they probably already have a vaccine but waiting until the time is right, markets plunge further, and then boom, vaccine comes out, mass vaccination, stock goes up and some people will have become millionaires overnight. Another mass propaganda about impending world pandemic and doom, we've been down that road before and people fall for this bullshit each and every time. It is a shame that it involves innocent people dying each time.
Darkstar2
Posts18,995
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,823
Likes Received13,277/7,322

#7 by Darkstar2 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 21:11

suraraj wrote: Hope I will get a survey about corona virus for 50 dollars :roll: :roll:

Oh you better believe it once the propaganda machine starts you will see a mass campaign of brainwash through surveys and asking people if they took vaccine or plan to take a vaccine, just wait, once a vaccine comes out, the surveys will come!!!
Darkstar2
Posts18,995
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,823

#8 by tasman1 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 21:18

No matter who made it we are dead , I do not think that now I have a chance to live to 120
Why I am doing surveys now if I must die , going to pub latter today and drink all my future
tasman1
Posts17,740
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given16,031

#9 by Darkstar2 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 21:29

tasman1 wrote: No matter who made it we are dead , I do not think that now I have a chance to live to 120
Why I am doing surveys now if I must die , going to pub latter today and drink all my future

And they call me pessimistic ? You are the grim reaper :lol: See ? This is exactly what the propaganda machine is doing, and you are falling into this trap - the doomsday-we-are-all-dead propaganda all over again. How many humans live on earth, how many humans live in China ? How many DEATHS reported so far ? How many CASES of infection so far ? Do you seriously think we have a world pandemic issue yet ? You probably said the same thing about the bird flu that we would all be dead or be mutated into birds :D The WORST people can do now is PANIC - Every year people die of the Flu, do they make it a big issue ? just apply the same precautions as you would normally to prevent being in contact with cold infections, avoid all tongue kissing, kissing, hugging, people with coughs, sneeze, and don't pick your nose, touch your eyes, mouth or other parts with secretions, and most importantly, get your daily dose of banana. :mrgreen:
Darkstar2
Posts18,995
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,823

#10 by tasman1 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 21:33

Darkstar2 wrote:
tasman1 wrote: No matter who made it we are dead , I do not think that now I have a chance to live to 120

And they call me pessimistic ? You are the grim reaper :lol: See ? This is exactly what the propaganda machine is doing, and you are falling into this trap - the doomsday-we-are-all-dead propaganda all over again. How many humans live on earth, how many humans live in China ? How many DEATHS reported so far ? How many CASES of infection so far ? Do you seriously think we have a world pandemic issue yet ? You probably said the same thing about the bird flu that we would all be dead or be mutated into birds :D The WORST people can do now is PANIC - Every year people die of the Flu, do they make it a big issue ? just apply the same precautions as you would normally to prevent being in contact with cold infections, avoid all tongue kissing, kissing, hugging, people with coughs, sneeze, and don't pick your nose, touch your eyes, mouth or other parts with secretions, and most importantly, get your daily dose of banana. :mrgreen:

I never panic
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp
me dead , me dead , me dead heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
tasman1
Posts17,740
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given16,031

#11 by valerie » Fri Jan 24, 2020 22:13

I suggest people get their flu shots.
valerie
Posts22,713
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,686
Likes Received20,112/8,633

#12 by tasman1 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 22:20

valerie wrote: I suggest people get their flu shots.

flu shots ??????????????/
tasman1
Posts17,740
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given16,031

#13 by Darkstar2 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 23:16

tasman1 wrote:
valerie wrote: I suggest people get their flu shots.

flu shots ??????????????/

Well the flu shot will NOT protect against the Coronavirus, it is not the same virus' BUT, it will protect you of strains of influenza, but there are common elements between the flu and Coronavirus, so getting the flu shot would help reduce the pressure on diagnostics team - though yeah Flu shot is not 100% effective though, but I guess they would rather be focusing on Coronavirus than both Coronavirus and Flu inside of hospitals I guess. But it's important to know that there is NO VACCINE YET !!! and that the Flu shot will NOT protect you of the new virus and that if you take the flu shot and get a cough or symptoms, it is not necessarily the Coronavirus, some people still can get the Flu with the vaccine.

I've never taken a flu shot before and never will. And people who are sick STAY HOME, instead of going in public, coughing, sneezing, spitting, etc, some people have no consideration of others, and avoid restaurants, because well, hygiene is not popular in the industry, and keep a close eye on your grocery store clerks handling your food behind the counter - I have actually witnessed an employee sneezing, then touching her gd hair, she did not wash them, nor was she wearing nets or gloves, I won't name the chain but it is a very well known one, so keep an eye - some people are downright DISGUSTING human beings and don't contribute any efforts to preventing contamination, much to the big Pharmas satisfaction of course - more money !!!!
Darkstar2
Posts18,995
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,823

#14 by pontiac21 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 00:40

they just did a news thing here in the nashville area about it and people naturally are starting to panic. I've got a neighbor that's about ready to refuse to send her two oldest kids to school. I just don't see the point in panicking anymore
pontiac21
Posts37
Member Since15 Jan 2014
Last Visit24 Aug 2020
Likes Given5
Likes Received21/13

#15 by valerie » Sat Jan 25, 2020 05:58

Yes, get your flu shot.

You really should get your flu shot every year.

There was a time I would never get the flu shot. I'd also get sick every year with at the very
least a bad cold.

Now I get the flu shot every October/November and I never even get a cold.

If you don't ge the flu shot now, they may run out of it later. I cannot stress it enough to get it.

Keep in mind, a weaken immune system is more susceptible to disease.

I don't think people should panic but I do believe they should never under estimate disease/virus.

Get your flu shot, take a good multi-vitamin daily, purchase a box of toss away masks.....the masks
are very inexpensive.

And YES virus does often come out of China.
valerie
Posts22,713
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,686

#16 by Darkstar2 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:07

pontiac21 wrote: they just did a news thing here in the nashville area about it and people naturally are starting to panic. I've got a neighbor that's about ready to refuse to send her two oldest kids to school. I just don't see the point in panicking anymore

It would be reasonable for people to be concerned, after all we are not talking about the common cold, however, PANIC and MASS HYSTERIA is not going to make things better, in fact, this is exactly what the big pharmas WANT, because once the mass propaganda machine is in motion and fake news gets going, the same situation we had with the H1N2 scare will happen over again. This is not the plague, and so far the deaths are rather low vs. the amount of people infected, which means it has not yet become a major concern and PANIC, in fact the Influenza has killed more people, and more people die of the FLU each year, but we don't hear about that on the news that much do we ? So yeah, the last thing people should do is PANIC, and those who have investments, the WORST thing to do is hit the sell button !!!

As far as school well they should be more worried about the flu and cold, than anything else, and here is the danger of mass hysteria and panic.......since there are common symptoms between Corona virus and actual flu / cold, people will often assume consider ALL cold symptoms as having the Coronavirus........So the same precautions should be applied to the common cold and lfu, and also not everyone who gets infected with Coronavirus will die, in fact less than 3 in 100 cases!!! As far as the Flu, there are several thousands who die each year in the U.S. alone from Influenza strains, despite the availability of a Flu vaccine, is there PANIC about this ? Nope, no money to be made there, Pharmas have already implemented vaccines, and hospitals are already full handling Flu patients yearly, so the mass propaganda machine will target NEW stuff to shift focus to THAT instead, when it is clear that the Influenza is killing far more people. So compared to Influenza, I'd say the odds for this new virus is rather low, no need to panic yet. The only problem is that despite the less than 3% fatality rate, if you are found to have the new virus, you would have to be quarantined for whatever time it takes until the virus is no longer active, which can be a very unpleasant experience.
So parents should teach their children proper hygiene and prevention - and schools should focus a lot on this - they should set aside the bullshit and dedicate entire classes on hygiene, but unfortunately there is not much on the prevention side. People are often disgusting, filthy, do not wash their hands, do not have consideration for others, etc. As far as being afraid to send children to school, they should be, but not because of the Coronavirus, because of all the school shootings........

valerie wrote: Yes, get your flu shot.

You really should get your flu shot every year.

There was a time I would never get the flu shot. I'd also get sick every year with at the very
least a bad cold.

Now I get the flu shot every October/November and I never even get a cold. ¸

Some people often confuse between Flu and Colds, and think that by getting the Flu shot they will never get sick.
It is not exactly true - You CAN still get colds even after getting your Flu shot, in fact I know people who have had multiple colds the year they received a Flu shot - BUT they did not get the Flu. The Flu shot protects you against the some strains of Influenza that are thought to occur during a specific season. It will NOT protect you against other viruses, it will not protect you against the common cold, and it is not 100% protection against even the Flu, though in cases it could significantly reduce symptoms and risk of death. The fact you did not get a cold is coincidence, because you CAN still get a cold, as it is not related at all to the vaccine. The vaccine is limited in scope in what you are protected against, down to at most, 3-4 strains. It would be nice to have one universal vaccine against all viruses, sort of a heuristic vaccine :D but it would not be profitable for hospitals and big pharmas!

Quote:
Get your flu shot, take a good multi-vitamin daily, purchase a box of toss away masks.....the masks
are very inexpensive.

And YES virus does often come out of China.

I still think it is a manufactured virus, not necessarily by a Chinese person, but that would be going into conspiracy theories :D

As far as your daily multi-vitamin this is debatable, I would disagree. Vitamins and supplements are another big SCAM. If you want to strengthen your immunity, lifestyle changes, being active and proper nutrition, you know, REAL foods, vitamin and minerals from actual food and not the CRAP vitamins sold today which are mostly fillers and do not always contain the advertised doses and in fact most vitamins out there have a low bioavailability, and only a small percentage of it is absorbed by the body, so you are not getting optimal levels of vitamins that way. Vitamins ALONE should should be not relied on, they should be treated as a SUPPLEMENT, in ADDITION to food, for those who feel they re not getting all from the foods they eat. Also vitamins are not all created equal, the more expensive and higher quality brands usually have a higher level of absorption compared to the cheap ones, and even some common name brands are just CRAP.

Why the hell do people take Vitamin C supplements ? This is the easiest vitamin to get from common foods, in fact, it is very easy to get 100% Daily Recommended doses. Of course for vegetarians and people with generally bad diets, the supplements do help, but they may not be taking vitamins from the good brands., but still compared to foods, only a small percentage of the vitamins you take gets absorbed, so it is wasting money essentially when you could be buying foods and getting more absorption of the vitamin - so in essence, the Vitamin and Supplements industry is a big sham as are all those weight loss diet plans.
Darkstar2
Posts18,995
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,823

#17 by valerie » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:23

A flu shot can in fact prevent colds.

Vitamins can in fact prevent deficiencies.

The reason why many people die from the flu, is because they have not had the flu shot.

Some people, young and old, may get the flu even if they had the flu shot because of their
deficiencies and immune system.

The coronavirus is said to have resulted from the animal/animals in China.

You see the problem with China is they do not have federal regulations like we have.
They sell food on the streets in open markets. Raw beef, poultry, fish all next and
basically on top of each other. You know what else they sell, live meats and stuff
we would deem not fit to eat and not humane to eat. This is why virus's do most
always come out of China.
valerie
Posts22,713
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,686

#18 by Darkstar2 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 13:31

valerie wrote: A flu shot can in fact prevent colds.

A flu shot helps to prevent ONLY the strains of viruses it was designed to protect, in this case Influenza strains.
It will NOT protect you against rhinoviruses and other type of viruses associated with common cold ! No vaccine will protect you against viruses it was not designed to protect, this notion that Flu vaccine will protect you against non Influenza strains is false and creates a false sense of security to those taking the Flu shot. The FLU shot will protect you against the FLU, inside the parameters of the actual virus strains it is designed to protect. I'm sure you understand how this works, but this is what we learned, to imagine the viruses as being door locks, and our antibodies as KEYS, so if the right antibody meets the correct locks, it can BIND to it. That's how our body works, viruses are NOT all the same. The Flu shot contains inactive viruses of x number of strains so that your body develops immunity to those strains, but if comes along a different virus, say the rhinovirus or any other virus / common cold, your body will react to it the same way it does normally. Vaccines do not prevent the common cold, there are too many DIFFERENT viruses for the common cold, the Flu shot protects you from only a few strains of one type of virus, InFLUenza.

Quote:
Vitamins can in fact prevent deficiencies.

Yes, that's why I said for some people with bad eating habits it can work as a SUPPLEMENT, but OPTIMALLY you should get your vitamins and minerals from food sources for HIGHER absorption by the body. Most people would never have deficiencies in the first place with balanced meals, therefore no need for supplements. SOME people need them for whatever reason, dietary habits, diseases, some medication, etc, so the vitamins would act as a supplement, but again, not all vitamin brands are equal in regards to absorption levels by the body, that is FACT.
Most people would not need vitamins though, some need it and prescribed by doctors because they see a deficiency in the blood work, i.e. some patients on diuritics for instance might need a Potassium supplement, some people might need calcium supplements, etc, but only if your doctor makes that call based on a valid diagnosis from your blood results. Most people just chew on vitamins because of the propaganda, when I am sure most people would not need it anyway, unless they are deficient and are required supplementation.
For instance, for Vegetarians who do not eat meat, those are the good candidates that would need vitamin supplements, from a good brand that makes high quality, high bioavailability, higher absorption by the body,
so for example Vitamin B12 is found mainly in animal products, so a good vitamin from a high bioavailability source would be a good thing, there's also some cereals with fortified B12. So yeah Vitamins and supplements have their uses, when proper used, and when NECESSARY and from the high quality sources. Some vitamin brands sold today online and in stores have a LOW absorption rate and at times have less than what is advertised !

Quote:
The reason why many people die from the flu, is because they have not had the flu shot.

Right, particularly those with existing health conditions and weak immune system, which is why people don't want to take a chance and get the Flu shot regardless. As far as people getting the Flu still, they can develop some symptoms, but hopefully it will be far less and not fatal as opposed to not having taken the shot. As far as weak immune system and deficiencies, that's up to the doctors to determine through blood work, not mass media fake news and propaganda about vitamins ....

Quote:
The coronavirus is said to have resulted from the animal/animals in China.

yeah allegedly the illegal trading of wildlife animals.

Quote:
You see the problem with China is they do not have federal regulations like we have.
They sell food on the streets in open markets. Raw beef, poultry, fish all next and
basically on top of each other. You know what else they sell, live meats and stuff
we would deem not fit to eat and not humane to eat. This is why virus's do most
always come out of China.

Oh the street markets yeah, cross contamination hell, but you seem to be forgetting that despite federal regulations in Western part of the world, we too have serious hygiene problems in the food industry, so many food recalls, so many dirty restaurants, not all get caught, and the lovely thing we have in Western world, all you can eat buffets, do you honestly think you are eating 100% safe foods there ? :D For some reason a lot of these establishment pass regulations but they are not fit. Look up Frank Cotroni tainted meat scandal, very old news, but he was a licenced meat packer, in more than one way :lol:
Darkstar2
Posts18,995
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,823

#19 by sp1915 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 15:12

It was said on tv here that they recently had an exotic animal event where it was eaten and they have been known to eat bats as well. Dont know if that is true.
sp1915
Posts3,076
Member Since1 Feb 2007
Last Visit26 Dec 2022
Likes Given486
Likes Received1,587/930

#20 by Darkstar2 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 19:34

sp1915 wrote: It was said on tv here that they recently had an exotic animal event where it was eaten and they have been known to eat bats as well. Dont know if that is true.

What ? You've never had bat soup before ? it's a delicacy :mrgreen:

BTW, there is a first confirmed case in Toronto, Canada. Luckily he is quarantined - and they are now trying to identify everyone he was in contact with. There were also some suspect cases in Quebec, but they were identified as negative, so the only known case for now is in Toronto.
Darkstar2
Posts18,995
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,823
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Feb 2, 2023 10:09:44 PST