Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkYesterday was a why me moment
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Yesterday was a why me moment

#1 by hlrive » Tue May 23, 2017 05:25

You ever have a why me moment? Yesterday was a really big why me moment for us. My daughter finally decided to post on a face book group that we were looking for a dog to have as a guard dog. One lady got up with us through Craigslist and her post on there. So I had to drive 20 miles to go get a pit bull and back again. The dog was UTD on shots, neutered and great with people. So we decided on that one. Little did I know when we came back we would have a shock of our lives. We already had gotten Rex a little Jack Russel and Chihuahua mix, so the Pit would be as a guard dog for outside.

We went and got Teddy and brought him home as I drive up to the gate I see 4 dogs hooked right next to the gate. I am all like WTH. So I unhook the gate and come in the yard close the gate back up and all 4 were friendly but I also see a few dogs roaming in the yard. Once again I am like what in the heck is this.

Come to find out my daughter had posted our address on the FB group and a few folks were nice enough to have left notes. However they all went to the animal shelter. I can't handle a grand total of 19 dogs. This is when the Why me moment came in. Luckily the local AC got a kick out of it and now have loads of dogs up for adoption. But me I wasn't happy. I told my daughter never put the address on FB again I don't need that many dogs.

So now we have a bigger family of our 2 year old Tinker a Chihuahua, Rex the dog with so many issues, and Teddy our new Pit, and lets hope it stays that way. Teddy slept on my bed last night. He took up about 3/4 of the bed, and decided to start giving me love bites in the middle of the night. Man love bites hurt when your half asleep.
hlrive
Posts418
Member Since4 Feb 2013
Last Visit2 Jan 2018
Likes Given55
Likes Received346/189

#2 by Marcel-R6 » Tue May 23, 2017 07:59

Nice story, is it a normal Pit or a XL?
Marcel-R6
Posts3,820
Member Since16 Jan 2014
Last Visit27 Dec 2020
Likes Given1,634
Likes Received3,303/1,693

#3 by fireflygirl » Tue May 23, 2017 12:23

Even though I laughed at your story, I thought it was cute. But, I would also be like you were. Good thing the animal shelter took the dogs. In my town, that would have been a no, no unfortunately because of the amount of dogs. :? :puppy: :puppy: :puppy: :puppy: :puppy: :puppy: :puppy: :puppy: :puppy:
fireflygirl
Posts144
Member Since28 Aug 2011
Last Visit8 Jan 2018
Likes Given200
Likes Received127/73

#4 by hlrive » Tue May 23, 2017 17:53

Marcel-R6 wrote: Nice story, is it a normal Pit or a XL?

Just a regular pit. We gave him the name Teddy because he was all over us wanting hugs when we got him. He is big and lovable however he has already proved that he is here for protection I had a kid throw a rock at a chicken today and he was at the fence in 5 seconds showing he was ready to take someone on. That kid took off as fast as he could I think he learned his lesson. Took him this morning to tractor supply so I could get a bag of feed for the Seramas and he stayed in the car with Angelica she said he growled at everyone walking by the car. Very protective of us.
Last edited by hlrive » Tue May 23, 2017 18:02 » edited 1 time in total
hlrive
Posts418
Member Since4 Feb 2013
Last Visit2 Jan 2018
Likes Given55
Likes Received346/189

#5 by hlrive » Tue May 23, 2017 18:02

fireflygirl wrote: Even though I laughed at your story, I thought it was cute. But, I would also be like you were. Good thing the animal shelter took the dogs. In my town, that would have been a no, no unfortunately because of the amount of dogs. :? :puppy: :puppy: :puppy: :puppy: :puppy: :puppy: :puppy: :puppy: :puppy:

I know I can't believe that people don't call or leave a message on FB of "do you still want one"? Instead they just used my yard as a dumping area. I told my daughter never ever again post address on there. If I lived away from people and had 20 acres I would say fine and have kennels for them all but I only have 1 acre, and the Harnett county law is a maximum of 5 dogs. I have 3 now and that is my own maximum. I also am lucky that our local Animal shelter has plenty of foster families so these dogs will have homes even if they don't get adopted in the next 2 weeks. Luckily she removed her post quickly, and now I don't have to worry any more about more dogs then I can handle. :roll:
hlrive
Posts418
Member Since4 Feb 2013
Last Visit2 Jan 2018
Likes Given55
Likes Received346/189

#6 by Queensheeba » Wed May 24, 2017 09:21

i always have ' why me moments', from the time i wake up,like why me? why now? :(

my life is just about why? why am i here? why no tasks? why can i not live life the way i want,without people poking their long snouts in? why oh why?

this is just the tip of the iceberg as to why there are so many whys in my life,,,incase you are also wondering why i feel like this i suggest you look at your own life,maybe you are having a why moment right this moment :shock:
Last edited by Queensheeba » Sat May 27, 2017 06:49 » edited 1 time in total
Queensheeba
Posts55
Member Since21 May 2017
Last Visit14 Feb 2021
Likes Given60
Likes Received56/34

#7 by Micshad » Fri Jun 02, 2017 06:19

You're lucky that shelter took the extra pooches. In my area, they would euthanize them immediately, especially if they were pit bulls. I hate our local shelter. They're forever asking for donations yet they'll go around in the middle of the night stealing outside dogs even if they have good food and water, a great shelter, etc. Then they force you to pay to get your dog back.

It has happened to so many people around here but just try getting local enforcement or the state equivalent of which they are a part, to do something about it. One person even tried to sue them but nothing came of that, either. It was buried.
Micshad
Posts545
Member Since29 Apr 2015
Last Visit17 Oct 2021
Likes Given198
Likes Received354/194

#8 by jjohnson777 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:33

Love fact government tells how many pets can have. If can not use land as see fit why pay taxes on it. Govt should be paying us since can not do as please.
jjohnson777
Posts1,587
Member Since31 Mar 2007
Last Visit30 Aug 2021
Likes Given300
Likes Received803/488

#9 by hlrive » Fri Jun 02, 2017 16:43

jjohnson777 wrote: Love fact government tells how many pets can have. If can not use land as see fit why pay taxes on it. Govt should be paying us since can not do as please.

I know, our county only allows a maximum of 5 I am under that by 1 but I don't like knowing that when I pay through the nose in taxes and own my land the county can tell me what to do. The good news is that I have all of my dogs shots done and have them all neutered. That is way more then my neighbors all do around here. One lady across the road has adopted 3 kill shelter dogs and none have had any shots or been spayed or neutered. The worst thing is the female dog has had 3 litters in less then 2 years. And they let all 3 roam all over the place.
hlrive
Posts418
Member Since4 Feb 2013
Last Visit2 Jan 2018
Likes Given55
Likes Received346/189

#10 by hyldig » Sat Jun 03, 2017 00:50

Here in the country we mis laws about max amount of dogs permited peer household . Some years ago a local farmer close by had a pack of 16 vicious lose dogs running around . They assaulded everything and everyone and it took ages to have something done about it . We also often see people having a lot of animals they can`t provide for , that should be forbidden by law . One family near by me got at least 30 cats , how many they actually got unknown they lost count them self . Sweet cats , the rest of us feed them with what ever leftovers we got . But it should be forbidden to have that many cats since they can`t feed them . It started out with 2 cats once , the rest comes from litters . They tried giving away from them , but the rest of us can`t keep up taking in that many kittens as they provide every year .
hyldig
Posts871
Member Since8 Sep 2013
Last Visit8 Jul 2017
Likes Given63
Likes Received444/306

#11 by hlrive » Sat Jun 03, 2017 07:36

hyldig wrote: Here in the country we mis laws about max amount of dogs permited peer household . Some years ago a local farmer close by had a pack of 16 vicious lose dogs running around . They assaulded everything and everyone and it took ages to have something done about it . We also often see people having a lot of animals they can`t provide for , that should be forbidden by law . One family near by me got at least 30 cats , how many they actually got unknown they lost count them self . Sweet cats , the rest of us feed them with what ever leftovers we got . But it should be forbidden to have that many cats since they can`t feed them . It started out with 2 cats once , the rest comes from litters . They tried giving away from them , but the rest of us can`t keep up taking in that many kittens as they provide every year .

Luckily around here they have what they call an animal hoarding law. If you have 10 cats they come in and spay and neuter them anything over that they remove, however if they are underfed cats, and sick they remove them. We had a neighbor that had over 50 cats just in her home, another 60+ outside and they came in and trapped them all, almost all of them were sick. They found a litter of kittens that was Felv positive and that is some scary stuff right there, because cats can get that from each other it's like having aids.

There is also a program locally that spays and neuters wild cats so that they wont reproduce. They trap them then let them go back into the wild where they found them
hlrive
Posts418
Member Since4 Feb 2013
Last Visit2 Jan 2018
Likes Given55
Likes Received346/189

#12 by Micshad » Mon Jun 05, 2017 08:45

hlrive wrote:
jjohnson777 wrote: Love fact government tells how many pets can have. If can not use land as see fit why pay taxes on it. Govt should be paying us since can not do as please.

I know, our county only allows a maximum of 5 I am under that by 1 but I don't like knowing that when I pay through the nose in taxes and own my land the county can tell me what to do. The good news is that I have all of my dogs shots done and have them all neutered. That is way more then my neighbors all do around here. One lady across the road has adopted 3 kill shelter dogs and none have had any shots or been spayed or neutered. The worst thing is the female dog has had 3 litters in less then 2 years. And they let all 3 roam all over the place.

In my area, the shelters don't allow animals to be adopted unless they are spayed or neutered. To make sure it's done, they do it themselves then add the cost to the new parents.

We were able to socialize 4 feral kittens that mom dropped off. She ran away when the kittens turned around 4 months old. I was able to give 2 away to good homes and decided to keep the other 2 around because they were good mousers and snake killers. One was male, one female. We got vouchers to help pay for the spaying and neutering and was able to get the female to the vet, but the male disappeared the night before it was to be done. So the female is fixed and she has turned out to be a house cat now. She had a rabies shot, flea treatment, and nail trimming besides being spayed.

The male never came back :( but there was another one that came around a couple weeks ago. That one is really skittish. There was also a black and white one hanging around before, but haven't seen him since. We have a hawk hanging around and I'm thinking they met the hawk. A neighbor saw a hawk on a dead cat a couple months ago (not our male or mom).

A neighbor has 20 cats and he feeds them all and gets all of them fixed. He said the hawks are very aggressive this year, so I'm glad the one we have is now a house pet. She's tiny compared to your average cat. I'm petite but I can put my one hand completely around her throat and touch my fingers. She loves my husband and curls up beside him as he watches TV. She thinks of me only as a "food ventor." That's okay.
Micshad
Posts545
Member Since29 Apr 2015
Last Visit17 Oct 2021
Likes Given198
Likes Received354/194

#13 by hlrive » Mon Jun 05, 2017 15:57

Micshad wrote:
hlrive wrote:

In my area, the shelters don't allow animals to be adopted unless they are spayed or neutered. To make sure it's done, they do it themselves then add the cost to the new parents.

We were able to socialize 4 feral kittens that mom dropped off. She ran away when the kittens turned around 4 months old. I was able to give 2 away to good homes and decided to keep the other 2 around because they were good mousers and snake killers. One was male, one female. We got vouchers to help pay for the spaying and neutering and was able to get the female to the vet, but the male disappeared the night before it was to be done. So the female is fixed and she has turned out to be a house cat now. She had a rabies shot, flea treatment, and nail trimming besides being spayed.

The male never came back :( but there was another one that came around a couple weeks ago. That one is really skittish. There was also a black and white one hanging around before, but haven't seen him since. We have a hawk hanging around and I'm thinking they met the hawk. A neighbor saw a hawk on a dead cat a couple months ago (not our male or mom).

A neighbor has 20 cats and he feeds them all and gets all of them fixed. He said the hawks are very aggressive this year, so I'm glad the one we have is now a house pet. She's tiny compared to your average cat. I'm petite but I can put my one hand completely around her throat and touch my fingers. She loves my husband and curls up beside him as he watches TV. She thinks of me only as a "food ventor." That's okay.

Give her a few years she will think of you as part of her family too. Our old Mickey now 17 wouldn't allow me near him the first 6 month then after that I became just his waiter and within a year I became part of the family. Even now he comes to me when he is sick or bored.
hlrive
Posts418
Member Since4 Feb 2013
Last Visit2 Jan 2018
Likes Given55
Likes Received346/189

#14 by Charez » Mon Jun 05, 2017 16:42

fireflygirl wrote: Even though I laughed at your story, I thought it was cute. But, I would also be like you were. Good thing the animal shelter took the dogs. In my town, that would have been a no, no unfortunately because of the amount of dogs. :? :puppy: :puppy: :puppy: :puppy: :puppy: :puppy: :puppy: :puppy: :puppy:

you look like Barbie
Charez
Posts3,350
Member Since2 Nov 2010
Last Visit14 Jan 2021
Likes Given877
Likes Received2,277/1,201

#15 by lovesuccess » Mon Jun 05, 2017 18:33

be careful of what you ask for you sure did get it.
lovesuccess
Posts1,309
Member Since29 Jun 2014
Last Visit28 Jan 2021
Likes Given2,152
Likes Received646/464
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Dec 7, 2021 17:04:53 PST