Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkOn the 5th day of December, 2013
Topic Rating:

Jump to
ySense Customer Care CornerySense Knowledge CenterMembers LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
On the 5th day of December, 2013

#1 by Kreacher » Tue Dec 10, 2013 18:15

It was a lovely day ... for a while. Then the rain started. The temperature dropped. The rain changed to freezing rain. The cedar trees next to the power line feeding the house started to snap. Trees all over that area started to snap. Sounded like mini explosions at times ... or machine gun fire ... or something strange like that (snap, crackle, pop but no Rice Krispies). The power went out ... all over the area (county). My meter box was pulled away from the house.

Yesterday I bought the parts to replace the meter box. Today I installed the new meter box and all the stuff needed to get the power back on. Power was restored about 6:30 PM, more or less. I hope it stays on. Things are still a mess here. At least we had gas for heating instead of electric so we stayed warm (reasonably) using the range top burners.

Oh yeah, the circuit board for the over took a hit and fried, so I get to replace that as well (later).

And a Partridge in a pear tree! :x|

So! How has your last 5 days been?!? :xlol:
Kreacher
Posts219
Member Since18 Jul 2009
Last Visit5 Jul 2017
Likes Given46
Likes Received78/59
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Nov 27, 2022 01:56:48 PST