Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkHow to lose weight and prevent disease
Topic Rating:

Jump to
ySense Customer Care CornerySense Knowledge CenterMembers LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
How to lose weight and prevent disease

#1 by valerie » Sat May 05, 2012 16:25

I know it seems difficult and when you are use to doing something a certain way, it's hard to make that change.
No matter what it is.
However, once you have made the change, you often wonder why you didn't sooner.

For Americans, one of the largest problems they have is processed foods and meat. That's why cancer,
heart disease, diabetes runs rampant in the USA.

I thought I'd share my eating habits with you.

-Eat as much whole foods as you can. Stay completely away from processed foods.

-Cut way back on your consumption of meat. ALL meat. Don't be fooled by white meat, it is meat, after all.

-Instead of juices that come in a bottle or frozen, buy the whole fruit. Eat an orange at breakfast instead of drinking juice.

-Stay away from dairy products. If you drink milk, cut wayyyy back on your consumption.

-Eat rice such as brown rice.

-Eat whole fruits and veggies...stay away from the canned and frozen, as much as possible.

-Cut back on eggs. Eggs are high in cholesterol. Learn to eat something else.

-Cut wayyyy back on sugar.

-Come back to water. Your body is made up of over 70% water. It's water that helps your digestive system, helps keep your body free of toxins. You've heard about all the toxin remedies.....drink water, it will work wonders for your skin, hair, and over all health.

Eat to live a long and enjoyable life.
DON'T live to eat because if you do, you are highly likely not to live long.

Even if you are suffering right now from disease, high cholesterol, etc, you can REVERSE the process.

If you need to take it in small steps, do.
If you're a big meat eater, simply cut your normal portion in half of what you usually eat. Just think, you'll
save money, give your arteries a break, and start feeling more energized. If you eat meat 7 days a week,
change that routine to special occasion time....instead, eat meat three times a week at half the portion you
normally would.

Stay away from fast food places. Especially if you eat meat.

Losing weight and being healthy is not about all the potions, vitamins, and energy drinks on the market.
It's about changing the way you eat, eating healthy, and doing a little exercise daily.

Speaking of exercise, you don't need to jog or run a marathon or lift weights. Just move. Take a walk around
your house every day. Do some gardening. Clean out your closets. Dance. Jump up and down.
valerie
Posts22,639
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last Visit29 Nov 2022
Likes Given5,669
Likes Received20,056/8,598

#2 by H3ATH3R_ » Sat May 05, 2012 18:45

valerie wrote:
Speaking of exercise, you don't need to jog or run a marathon or lift weights. Just move. Take a walk around
your house every day. Do some gardening. Clean out your closets. Dance. Jump up and down.

It is funny you mentioned this...my daughter was just wanting to go ride her bike and it was beginning to get dark and her brothers did not want to go so I said no which she knew I would but asked anyway. Well she threw a little fit about needing to get her exercise in for the day and after explaining that she had all day and should not have waited until almost dark to decide to go I explained to her that she can jog in place or dance...dance is a big one...Im not sure what it is with her not understanding that any thing that gets your heart rate going is exercise...I told her than when we sit to watch tv (which we do for about an hour each evening) if she got up and danced or moved around like a nut during each commercial by the end of an hour show she would have gotten a nice amount of exercise in but she just doesnt seem to get it...lol!

Heather
H3ATH3R_
Posts340
Member Since30 Dec 2011
Last Visit21 Nov 2012
Likes Given23
Likes Received183/89

#3 by nic338 » Sat May 05, 2012 19:22

Valerie this was a great informative post. Around this time, my family and I do a cleaning by eating more salads but I have a different take. Eating should also be fun. No offense but if I do i all things you said I would go crazy. We should also eat what we ENJOY. It's not just weight but STRESS. We are are slaves to paying bills and working jobs without living life. Some diseases are also hereditary so people could still get them. With foods nowadays being awalys on recall even vegetables so a person can't control what happens before it reaches people's plates. I want to live but it's more than just eating.
nic338
Posts41
Member Since5 Nov 2010
Last Visit18 Aug 2017
Likes Given0
Likes Received13/8

#4 by valerie » Sat May 05, 2012 20:13

Yep Heather, and there is a lot of fun videos on youtube too. I mean some are so silly, in regards to exercising,
it would make any kid or adult want to do it. There was one I use to watch that was so hilarious and then I
found myself doing it too. :lol:

Well sure, nic338, you want to enjoy your food. But seriously, heart disease, (such as clogged arteries),
diabetes (especially type II), colon cancer, and many cancers, are all preventive. It's from eating a poor
diet rich in fat. That's what clogs things up. And it really doesn't mean you must restrict meat entirely
from your diet.

There's a large variety of foods you can eat that are not meat and are foods that are good for you, and
won't put the weight on.

Sure, you have to wash your veggies really good because if you buy them in the store, they've been
sprayed with insecticides and heaven only knows what else. There's not much you can do about the
way they are grown other than growing them your self.

I think it's very obvious what is going on in America. We use to not have all the obesity that we have
today. Rarely did you see an over weight kid years ago. Now many of the kids are over weight too.
It's from all the fast food, meat, sugars.

It's not hard, especially with the internet now to find cool recipes that are delicious. I'm always finding
good recipes on 'all recipes'.

Here's an example day:

Breakfast: orange, oatmeal, water
Lunch: green salad, apple, water
Snack: bran muffin, small lemonade, water
Supper: brown rice with veggies and perhaps a tad of soy sauce ( I make myself a big dish of this), water,
sweet tea (yep, I drink sweet tea but try and go low on the sugar), jello
Snack: watermelon or cantelope, or melon, or some type of fruit (I'm up late usually and always have to have
a snack or two). Some times I eat a bowl of cheerios with skim milk, no sugar.

There's lots of great meals you can make without meat and have a large variety of foods and meals.
I eat spagetti, chili, pizza, etc only I don't use meat. I like greens, most any kind, spinach, mustard greens,
turnip greens...I like vinegar and put vinegar in my greens. I can make a meal out of beets. I do eat a lot
of fish.

Just saying, it can be hard at first if you are use to eating large meals and meals in which there is always
eggs, sausage, bacon, hamburger, steak, chicken, etc. Start out by simply cutting back. Try something
different a couple of days a week. It won't be long, you will be enjoying the new way you are eating and
having fun eating something not so routine.
valerie
Posts22,639
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last Visit29 Nov 2022
Likes Given5,669

#5 by jeff120 » Sun May 06, 2012 03:13

valerie wrote:

-Instead of juices that come in a bottle or frozen, buy the whole fruit. Eat an orange at breakfast instead of drinking juice.

-Cut wayyyy back on sugar.

You know, my uncle has cantaloups in his garden (he has everything there, believe me). When I go there and he takes some of those and crush them in the mixer mixed with fresh cold water (directly from the fountain) and honey (from his own bees, he is also a beekeeper), it is the best juice I can ever taste and drink. Without sugar. No frozen fruits. No added flavours. HEALTH !!!
jeff120
Posts295
Member Since20 Dec 2011
Last Visit30 Jun 2016
Likes Given159
Likes Received99/66

#6 by valerie » Sun May 06, 2012 07:21

Mmmm that sounds so good, jeff120.

I have plenty of room to plant a garden but have not done so. One year, I planted some tomato plants in two
large flower planter pots. They did in fact grow and it was fun to go out a pick a tomato. They did not grow large.
In fact, rather small but I knew that when I planted them. Still, it was fun and nice to know I was eating something
I grew myself without all the pesticides.

I've been doing some canning and plan to do a lot more as the farmers crops come in. There's always fresh
veggies at stands along the roads and in the small towns here. I'm especially wanting to can tomatoes and
corn this year. Also, I want to make/can watermelon jelly.
valerie
Posts22,639
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last Visit29 Nov 2022
Likes Given5,669
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Dec 3, 2022 06:41:50 PST