Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkPetition to lower International Checks!
Topic Rating:

Jump to
ySense Customer Care CornerySense Knowledge CenterMembers LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Petition to lower International Checks!

Locked

#1 by mutchy126 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 08:35

This is a Petition to lower the International Check Payment Minimum!

I know that not many people use Checks anymore, $100 is a huge amount of money, someone without referrals could have to wait years to reach that, I think it should be $50 at the very most!

What do you think?

Those of you outside the USA, Canada and Mexico. I want your Opinion!
mutchy126
Posts1,901
Member Since24 Aug 2011
Last Visit2 Jul 2015
Likes Given602
Likes Received563/342

#2 by jeff120 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 09:15

It is not my case but I think if you really want to get those money, and you can't reach that minimum amount for Check, then you choose to make a card and get PayPal. Just wondering, anyway.

It may be a good change and you should make a poll : Yes or No. And just those outside USA, Canada or Mexico, to vote it!
jeff120
Posts295
Member Since20 Dec 2011
Last Visit30 Jun 2016
Likes Given159
Likes Received99/66

#3 by mutchy126 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 09:15

jeff120 wrote: It is not my case but I think if you really want to get those money, and you can't reach that minimum amount for Check, then you choose to make a card and get PayPal. Just wondering, anyway.

It may be a good change and you should make a poll : Yes or No. And just those outside USA, Canada or Mexico, to vote it!

I use PayPal, I never use a Check. I just think that $100 is a bad choice!
mutchy126
Posts1,901
Member Since24 Aug 2011
Last Visit2 Jul 2015
Likes Given602
Likes Received563/342

#4 by jeff120 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 09:16

mutchy126 wrote:
jeff120 wrote: It is not my case but I think if you really want to get those money, and you can't reach that minimum amount for Check, then you choose to make a card and get PayPal. Just wondering, anyway.

It may be a good change and you should make a poll : Yes or No. And just those outside USA, Canada or Mexico, to vote it!

I use PayPal, I never use a Check. I just think that $100 is a bad choice!


Yes it is! You wanted firstly to try check and when you saw that huge amount of minimum you chose PayPal ? Was what I said upper your case ?
jeff120
Posts295
Member Since20 Dec 2011
Last Visit30 Jun 2016
Likes Given159
Likes Received99/66

#5 by mutchy126 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 09:19

jeff120 wrote:
mutchy126 wrote:
jeff120 wrote: It is not my case but I think if you really want to get those money, and you can't reach that minimum amount for Check, then you choose to make a card and get PayPal. Just wondering, anyway.

It may be a good change and you should make a poll : Yes or No. And just those outside USA, Canada or Mexico, to vote it!

I use PayPal, I never use a Check. I just think that $100 is a bad choice!


Yes it is! You wanted firstly to try check and when you saw that huge amount of minimum you chose PayPal ? Was what I said upper your case ?

I never used a Check, And Never wanted to, I think for the sake of users who want to, $100 should be lowered!
mutchy126
Posts1,901
Member Since24 Aug 2011
Last Visit2 Jul 2015
Likes Given602
Likes Received563/342

#6 by rheydickson » Tue Jan 03, 2012 13:14

Well a check is good at starting, since you can use it as payment proof for your friends..
rheydickson
Posts2,278
Member Since8 Oct 2011
Last Visit7 Oct 2014
Likes Given1,115
Likes Received772/504

#7 by jasm78 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 13:50

The problem with checks is that international banks usually charge a lot to cash USD checks. On my bank in Portugal they charge at least €20. You can see how that makes to sense no cash a $50 check for example.

Anyway, I'm curious to know from people from other countries, how much your banks would charge for a $50 check from USA.
Last edited by jasm78 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 09:32 » edited 1 time in total
jasm78
Posts1,704
Member Since17 Jan 2007
Last Visit29 Jul 2021
Likes Given860
Likes Received6,405/728

#8 by mutchy126 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 02:15

jasm78 wrote: The problem with checks is that international banks usually charge a lot to cash USD checks. On my bank in Portugal they charge at least €20. You can see how that makes to sense no cash a $50 check for example.

Anyway, I'm curious to know from people from other countries, how much your banks would charge for a $50 check from USA.

Its hard to get a Check into my Bank, But anyway! Do you think it should be lowered to something like $50, What does the other Admin think?
mutchy126
Posts1,901
Member Since24 Aug 2011
Last Visit2 Jul 2015
Likes Given602
Likes Received563/342

#9 by jasm78 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 04:31

We both have the same reasoning for the high minimum cashout via international checks. Very high fees banks charge accross the globe that just eat all your earnings for one. And the manual work it requires to send out all the checks.

For example I deposited an USD check back in 22nd December and they already took €26 (not €20 as I mentioned earlier) from my balance to cover their expenses before the money is even available! Which it isn't yet btw, will probably need a couple more weeks!

In other words checks are really bad :thumbdown:

Electronic payments are preferred (AlertPay, PayPal).
Last edited by jasm78 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 06:02 » edited 1 time in total
jasm78
Posts1,704
Member Since17 Jan 2007
Last Visit29 Jul 2021
Likes Given860
Likes Received6,405/728

#10 by ptcscrutiny » Sun Jan 08, 2012 04:53

Here are what a few banks in India charge for clearing foreign cheques.

HSBC Bank - 0.56% of the value of the cheque or Rs. 337 (approx. $7) whichever is higher

ICICI Bank - 0.125% subject to minimum of Rs.250 (approx. $5)
Additionally : Charges levied by correspondent bank in original.

HDFC Bank - 0.25% of equivalent amount in Indian rupees subject to a minimum of Rs. 250 (approx. $5) per transaction


It takes about 21 International "working days" to get the cheque cleared. In some cases, even longer.
ptcscrutiny
Posts5,879
Member Since10 Sep 2010
Last VisitToday
Likes Given2,499
Likes Received5,784/2,529

#11 by CodeNameX » Sun Jan 08, 2012 05:04

Thanks for the info i was thinking to cashout a check on reaching 100$ but i will not cashout now as a check :thumbdown:
CodeNameX
Posts1,191
Member Since3 Jul 2011
Last Visit9 May 2019
Likes Given458
Likes Received366/252

#12 by mutchy126 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:01

rheydickson wrote: Well a check is good at starting, since you can use it as payment proof for your friends..

That is True! Show it off to your Friends!! :lol:
mutchy126
Posts1,901
Member Since24 Aug 2011
Last Visit2 Jul 2015
Likes Given602
Likes Received563/342

#13 by DaxOnlineWork » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:07

ptcscrutiny wrote: Here are what a few banks in India charge for clearing foreign cheques.

HSBC Bank - 0.56% of the value of the cheque or Rs. 337 (approx. $7) whichever is higher

ICICI Bank - 0.125% subject to minimum of Rs.250 (approx. $5)
Additionally : Charges levied by correspondent bank in original.

HDFC Bank - 0.25% of equivalent amount in Indian rupees subject to a minimum of Rs. 250 (approx. $5) per transaction


It takes about 21 International "working days" to get the cheque cleared. In some cases, even longer.

What about SBI and other SB group banks :?:
I have an account in SBI
DaxOnlineWork
Posts1,948
Member Since19 Oct 2011
Last Visit2 Oct 2016
Likes Given1,627
Likes Received1,173/743

#14 by jasm78 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:40

The USD check that I deposited back in December 22nd was credited into my account in January 25, so it took about the expected amount of time.

But... to my suprise the fees the correspondent bank (Wells Fargo) charged were $75! This really made me mad and feeling helpless... why? why? why are they charging such outrageous fees?! For what?! It's unbelievable.

As you all know the whole financial system is in big trouble and because of this they are stealing as much as they can from wherever they can.

So in the end I paid just about $110 ($75 + €26) to deposit a $700 check here in Portugal.

It really makes no sense to lower the minimum for international checks... we should probably even remove this option altogether and leave it for US/Canada/Mexico only.

I'm sure the fees are not the same on all countries, and some probably charge a lot less than I did. But how can we know that?

Have any of you, living outside the US, recently deposited an USD check in your country? (not necessarly from ClixSense)
jasm78
Posts1,704
Member Since17 Jan 2007
Last Visit29 Jul 2021
Likes Given860
Likes Received6,405/728

#15 by zafnath » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:50

mutchy126 wrote:
rheydickson wrote: Well a check is good at starting, since you can use it as payment proof for your friends..

That is True! Show it off to your Friends!! :lol:

yeah!! "- Look friend. I've got a $100 USD check from Clixsense!! -So why don't you cash it out? - Cause I'll lose $60..."

not good marketing...

Further more a credit card is not necessary to have a PayPal account. I have PayPal and no credit card. But I understand that there may be many countries that PayPal requires a credit card or that PayPal just doesn't send money to the bank account.
Last edited by zafnath » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:54 » edited 1 time in total
zafnath
Posts65
Member Since27 Jan 2012
Last Visit2 Mar 2013
Likes Given87
Likes Received25/18

#16 by Samaka » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:56

For Europe a check is more to collect or wait until to € collaps, then you´ll pay all your bills with one.

Maybe if you know you wants to travel to the US it might makes sense, if can make it at the airport to cash.

I thought iof a check framed and put on the wall, at my working-room.
Samaka
Posts151
Member Since31 Mar 2011
Last Visit21 May 2012
Likes Given27
Likes Received33/29

#17 by mutchy126 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:58

There are probably some International Users on :clixsense: who can earn hundred(s) in a Month. I would not remove the Option!
mutchy126
Posts1,901
Member Since24 Aug 2011
Last Visit2 Jul 2015
Likes Given602
Likes Received563/342

#18 by zafnath » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:22

mutchy126 wrote: There are probably some International Users on :clixsense: who can earn hundred(s) in a Month. I would not remove the Option!

here here or hear hear I don't know lol
zafnath
Posts65
Member Since27 Jan 2012
Last Visit2 Mar 2013
Likes Given87
Likes Received25/18

#19 by jjohnson777 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 19:59

Northowl tells me free cash USD checks in Canada. He says instant clear too.
jjohnson777
Posts1,587
Member Since31 Mar 2007
Last Visit30 Aug 2021
Likes Given300
Likes Received803/488

#20 by ptcscrutiny » Sat Feb 11, 2012 23:27

daxserver wrote:
ptcscrutiny wrote: Here are what a few banks in India charge for clearing foreign cheques.

HSBC Bank - 0.56% of the value of the cheque or Rs. 337 (approx. $7) whichever is higher

ICICI Bank - 0.125% subject to minimum of Rs.250 (approx. $5)
Additionally : Charges levied by correspondent bank in original.

HDFC Bank - 0.25% of equivalent amount in Indian rupees subject to a minimum of Rs. 250 (approx. $5) per transaction


It takes about 21 International "working days" to get the cheque cleared. In some cases, even longer.

What about SBI and other SB group banks :?:
I have an account in SBI

I think SBI charges Rs. 350 flat although I could not find this information on their site. Their site sucks just like their staff. :x
I found this information on another forum through Google.
ptcscrutiny
Posts5,879
Member Since10 Sep 2010
Last VisitToday
Likes Given2,499
Likes Received5,784/2,529
Locked
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are PST - Server Time: Jan 20, 2022 18:17:26 PST