Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by Micshad

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by Micshad

Tip for weak eyes » Post #4

Mon Oct 24, 2016 06:16 in General Talk

Oh, heck....I thought my eyes were "weak." I use a magnifying glass if I want to see the tiny hundredth of a cent, but if I do Clixsense in the morning, I can usually see it well. (I have astigmatism in both eyes, nearsighted and cataracts in both eyes.) :)

Oh boy! We figured out the sex of the feral kitten » Post #3

Wed Oct 19, 2016 07:04 in General Talk

Thanks Valerie but some options wouldn't work since we can't touch them. They run. I may not have a problem now because they aren't here. Momma was very skittish this morning and wouldn't even let us near her (she can be touched and petted, but not held). She is now gone looking for her babies I guess.

I had talked to hubby about making them a home because they started out living under a tarp, then moved under a trailer that we keep coal in, then under our porch (very tight squeeze there).

I keep looking out for them because I really do like them and have been trying to get them to trust us. I was able to pet Teaser once and held her once, but can't get near White Face or or the grays (especially Runt). I call the one Teaser because she'll come up to me, flop down and roll on her back, but the minute you reach out to her, she runs away. Teaser is hubby's favorite and she is fascinated by my shiny metal cane. :D

We feed them twice a day, once at 9 a.m. and once at 7 p.m. They missed their morning feed, :o but they were here last night for their night feed.

I'm thinking they left because our place was too busy yesterday (even though they were here to eat). One son stopped by on his motorcycle while hubby's friend and our foster son were here making noise.

Oh boy! We figured out the sex of the feral kitten » Post #1

Wed Oct 19, 2016 06:01 in General Talk

Three females and one male. Now what do we do? They are 12 weeks old now.

We can get within an inch of them but they don't let us touch them. I was going to call the one animal shelter because I thought they would help us but was told they'll kill them immediately. That's exactly why I wouldn't go to our area's SPCA. They have stolen animals, lied about some being euthanized from other people. There is a lawsuit against the SPCA now with over a stolen pet which was found but someone had adopted it at the SPCA.

I don't need a thousand kittens running around but I don't want them to die at the hands of "animal lovers" who will euthanize them. What can I do? Any ideas?

P.S. My photo is of Runt (the male).

Speak Up » Post #3

Wed Oct 19, 2016 05:52 in General Talk

faviol wrote: Never again will I tak a survey on Speak Up. After answering five surveys and not getting paid it's godbye to Speak Up.

Are you sure it wasn't a survey that only paid after 30 days? I don't touch those. :)

A sad news » Post #8

Mon Oct 17, 2016 06:33 in General Talk

Well, I just went to Linux and started reading the forums....I'm as confused as ever! They use words I never heard of before. I guess I'll have to spend days reading those posts. I also read (and looked at) the different screen shots but I wish the screen shots would have been larger so I could have seen them better.

What I understand so far is that Linux is more virus proof than Windows and defragging and virus protection is really not necessary because Linux takes care of it all. Is that correct, or did I read it wrong?

So far I didn't see anything about being compatible with Chrome, just FireFox, but I didn't spend a lot of time on it right now. I need to make a few cents here, so I bookmarked the forum site for later.

A sad news » Post #7

Mon Oct 17, 2016 05:52 in General Talk

I, too, was told to try Linux, when I started having problems with my computer, but I never did. I'm still running 2003 XP and Outlook Express 2003 on it even though neither of those are supported anymore. I don't even know if my computer would hold up much longer since it's so old.

I did buy Windows 7 but never installed it. I was waiting for my techie son or my old guru to come install it because I"m afraid I'd mess up...been waiting all year. I think by the time they come, Windows 20 will be out. :(

Can you play GSN games and games on Facebook with Linux?

Also, does it work with Chrome? I love using Chrome most of the time.

Do you Collect or have a Hobby? » Post #28

Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:09 in General Talk

valerie wrote: @ Micshad I bought a lot of avon in the 70's and I think my grandmother use to buy some back in the
50's and 60's. Later when I worked at a hospital, a friend at work sold it and would come around on the
night shift handing out books, I would always order something from her. I never really liked much of the
Avon products but I did like their pretty cologne bottles. In the 60's I was a 'love's Lemon' girl....loved
that stuff. In the 70's I was a 'Heaven Scent' girl. There was a few avon scents I liked over the years.
One came in a red bottle and I think the name of it was 'Charisma' and then there was one that came in
tall yellow bottle....can't remember the name of it. I bought a lot of their nail polish and roll on's and
some of their lotions, bubble baths, and oils. We use to keep some of the perfume bottles after they
were empty and oh.....they use to make a cream perfume in a jar....remember those? It came in fancy
jars and then later in the 80's I think they changed to calling it a perfume bath cream or some such
that came in color jars. Oh....I think I liked their honeysuckle too! :P

That reminds me and I can't think of the name, of decorator stuff that people would have home
parties....something like 'Home Decor' name or some such. I had a lot of that stuff at one time
all over my walls. Also had some of the figurines. Here again, it was a lady at work that sold it
so I was always ordering from her.

Trying to trace family history is no doubt a big job. I never got very far with it. I did find an old
picture online of my great great grandfather and grandmother on my father's side. He was a
doctor and had a long beard. His wife had a mean look on her face and her waist looked like it
was only 14 inches. :lol:

PS. After typing something long, copy it. That way if you're booted, you can paste it back in.

Do you remember the Daisy stuff for kids? Mom would buy that for me when I was a kid. That's how long she dealt with Avon. i liked Timeless powder and perfume. Still have powder. One of the cream sachets was called "Wishing." It was a very small white container with a gold wishbone on the top (I have that jar yet). I loved the Soft Musk and Skin-So-Soft body lotions. Have a lot of lady figurine jars, steins, and mom had the 'blue collection" and "Ruby Red" collection. I also have a lot of "men's" bottles, too, when men used to wear after shave. The cars, the hunter's stuff, etc. Good thing I let my ex have his Avon stuff when I kicked him out in the '70s, or I'd have 30 more bottles to contend with. :D

All women look mean in most pictures. No one was supposed to smile back then. I just got done helping a friend on what I could find in a couple hours on her brick wall...I can help others but I can't find my own brick wall! Oh, well. I'll just keep trying. When I get tired of them, I go back to my Brown, Reed, and Berger's to try to straighten them out. Have a Lewis E. Brown (my g-grandfather) living 3 doors down from Lewis E. Brown (another branch). Love every minute of it. :)

Do you Collect or have a Hobby? » Post #17

Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:26 in General Talk

Me and my big yak. The system logged me out while I was typing my hobby answer. Now I lost the whole thing. So this time I'll make is short.

I used to collect dolls. Got around 50 of them, some from the '40s & '50s (second childhood), the rest from the collectible companies. The market collapsed on them and I haven't seen any of them go for more than $30 if that. Just my luck.

Mom and I collected Avon bottles, too. The market collapsed on them back in the '80s-'90s. So I'm stuck with around 100 bottles x2. Mom also collected salt & pepper shakers but I don't know whatever happened to them.

For a little while, I collected a couple of old clocks and my last collection was Anne Geddes babies. They're so cute.

As a kid, I collected stuffed animals, mostly teddy bears and pennants from places we (parents & I) went on vacations but hubby's friend put them in a plastic bag and stored them in the shed. By the time I found them. they were rotted. :)

Now I'm into genealogy. Started for my mom who wanted to know the truth about where and who her ancestors were..Sadly couldn't connect her grandfather with anyone (for 20 years) even with professional researchers. I guess she knows now and wish she'd put a bug in my ear. :)

I've done my husband's maternal and paternal side, my father's paternal and maternal side, and my son's biological father's side (a little bit). I had more luck with them than my mom's paternal side. Got her maternal side nailed down, though.

More Money More Problems » Post #10

Thu Oct 13, 2016 08:58 in General Talk

tasman1 wrote: People with higher incomes and levels of education reported being about 28 percent more stressed and 8.3 percent less happy overall than did workers with lower incomes and levels of education, according to Matthew Zawadzki, now a professor at University of California-Merce

If You earn a lot please feel free to send your money to Mr tasman1

He loves to be stressed
his current balance here is 0.00 and that makes him very stressed

Would you please share it with me? I have -0.00 about 2 days after I receive my real check. After all, it's better to give than receive. (Note that I asked nicely and said please.) :D

You know what I think is pretty low? » Post #5

Sun Oct 09, 2016 06:29 in General Talk

When the earthquake hit and the donation $$ came pouring in, someone should have been looking out for the people. The donations were supposed to be used to build housing and infrastructure. Instead, the money disappeared into certain people's pockets, not the people. Another corrupt government that doesn't care about their people.

Hillary's one brother was begging for Foundation money to build homes in Haiti, but they refused to give it to him because he's not exactly a smart businessman. IOW, he's a shyster, always scheming, and everything he touches blows up in his face.

Why Don't Kids Want to Work? » Post #16

Sat Oct 08, 2016 06:17 in General Talk

lotoole wrote: This year has been a bumper crop for Black Walnuts. I have lots of those trees on my property and I'm drowning in walnuts. They're all over the place. You can't walk without breaking your neck on them. Their price is at an all time high this year. So, I've told local kids they can have them. All they have to do is pick them up and take them to the huller for cash. Not a single kid has jumped on this opportunity and there's at least $150 worth of walnuts sitting in my yard. So why don't kids want to work for some money? When I was a kid, I would have been all over this.

Wow! Our black walnut trees aren't giving many this year. The acorns are few and far between, too, and very small. Our mulberry tree - no mulberries either. Don't know what's going on this year. Maybe the heat?

The first year we owned this property I collected all the black walnuts I could, sat and peeled them (wearing gloves of course!), set them in a basket on the patio table. None there the next day. We did the same with the popcorn we grew, but hung them from a fish net from the roof. There was also a lot missing the next day....the culprit? Squirrels. Oh, well. I now let the squirrels have any nut they want, except my husband, of course.

Funny, this year they aren't bothering. Wonder if it has something to do with the feral momma cat and kittens that moved in this summer. :)

How I Use My ClixSense Earnings? » Post #30

Thu Oct 06, 2016 07:51 in General Talk

I'm trying to save mine for next year's property taxes but something always comes up, like food. Then there's printer ink, shoes (the cheap kind), and prescriptions.

MY wish list is to save for the property taxes and put back into my retirement fund since I've had to take some out. :(

First time grocery shopping in 2 months » Post #19

Sat Oct 01, 2016 08:12 in General Talk

valerie wrote: Duke's is very good mayo.

There's not much of a selection of stores where I live. Walmart's, Dollar Stores, Save-a-lots and that is about it.

I order various products online and I like to keep stocked up on some items simply because
I don't have to bother with them for awhile.

We have Walmart, Aldi's, Giant, and 2 locals - Boyer's IGA and Redner's Warehouse. I keep forgetting about Aldi's. i used to make my rounds of 3 stores a week and they were first on the list because they were further away. Now that I need a chauffer, I go where he goes. :)

When i was first unemployed, i used the checks to stock up. It looked like an extreme couponer's basement. Now I'm low on everything except cream soups for casseroles. Oh, well.

First time grocery shopping in 2 months » Post #15

Fri Sep 30, 2016 07:14 in General Talk

I haven't seen Heinz. The choices I have are Helman's, Kraft, Duke's and the store brand. They're all up there in price, even Duke's is $3.50. :(

Clix Sense » Post #5

Thu Sep 29, 2016 13:46 in General Talk

mappo710 wrote: I've just about have given up with clixsense .It has become what it has always been , a site to make "peanuts" each day . A lot of talk about this program , but after almost 7 years and making a bit over $100.00 , it is a complete joke .

Uh, sorry, but you haven't been a member for "almost 7 years." According to your display, you've only been a member for 4 years. There must be something wrong if you only earned $100 in those 4 years. :roll:

I've only been a member for about 1-1/2 years and I rarely qualify for most surveys, have done most offers that don't need a CC or need to pay anything for them, BUT I'm here every day for at least an hour, except through illness or vacation time.

Guess you aren't trying very hard or else you're kidding. I hope it's the latter. ;)

First time grocery shopping in 2 months » Post #1

Thu Sep 29, 2016 13:34 in General Talk

I got sticker shock when I saw the price of mayonnaise. Helman's mayo, which is our favorite, was selling for $5.49!!!!! That's crazy! I want to know why it's double the price from 2 months ago. :thumbdown:

Needless to say, we didn't buy it. We had tried the cheaper brands before but didn't like them. So I guess we'll have to give up mayo or I'll have to make it from scratch when I need some. At least i'll know what's in it. :)

How many ads can ya click before ya fall asleep? » Post #15

Wed Sep 28, 2016 07:39 in General Talk

I've done over 100 once or twice, but my energy isn't up that most of the time. I start getting tapped out around 30-40, but try to keep going - most of the time it's a losing battle.

Did YOU change your FB password? » Post #9

Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:08 in General Talk

valerie wrote: Hi Valerie

It looks like someone tried to log into your account on September 24 at 10:40am using Opera for Windows Vista. Your account is safe; we just wanted to make sure it was you who tried to log in from somewhere new.

If you don't think this was you, please log into Facebook so we can walk you through a few steps to keep your account safe.

Thanks,
The Facebook Team

I don't pay attention to any of these emails. They've been trying to hack my $$ (what little i have) on different accounts for years and I just pass them on to the FBI and then delete from my mailbox.

I love the ones that tell me someone left me millions of U.S. dollars. Sure they did. It would be nice, but I know they're fake. I've been related to a professor, an archeologist, a prince, a "queen." and just the lowly millionaire who had no one to leave their money.

Negative Nellies » Post #1

Sun Sep 25, 2016 08:44 in General Talk

I read forum posts and I'm surprised at some of the people who reply to new people with negativity and insults. When I was new, I don't remember receiving any negative posts for questions I asked. What's going on lately?

What ever happened to being helpful? Instead, some posters insult the one asking a question. Some people have problems and ask serious questions and they get put down. I noted at least 2-3 posters who do this all the time. Are they really that hateful in person? If so, that's sad.

It doesn't show a positive Clixsense community when people insult others or make nasty replies. Let's all be a little more helpful to the new people. After all, all of us were new at one time and the FAQs and other information is overwhelming at first. Give them a break and stop the negativity.

Yahoo hack. » Post #8

Fri Sep 23, 2016 07:31 in General Talk

I have an account with them for genealogy groups. Haven't been there for 4 years.

I'm not worried about it anyway, since they won't get a cent out of me. I'm broke the day my SS is deposited and I no longer use a credit card. If anything, they might be able to get $1.99 out of my bank account. I don't even have savings anymore since I was down to $.99 and the bank closed it.
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Jan 22, 2021 19:55:19 EST