Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by Micshad

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by Micshad

Ugh! Winter has arrived :( » Post #30

Sun Nov 27, 2016 08:11 in General Talk

Nikorj wrote: Cold cold grey copenhagen,Traffic jams,stressed out residents,Bus drivers with their completely own schedules.

Hey!!! i got a fun idea,Let's see how much we can spend on christmas presents this year.

Happy consumerism. :mrgreen:

For once, the family has given me their lists early. Usually they wait until 2 weeks before Christmas then I get stressed because everything on the list is popular and sold out.

I'm half done because I did it all online. I just need to find out what to get a guy who has everything (husband).

Ugh! Winter has arrived :( » Post #29

Wed Nov 23, 2016 07:09 in General Talk

libertyed wrote: Embrace the winter Weather, and stop complaining lt's all part of Gods nature,
and happy your alive to see it through: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't take the cold. even in the summer, my legs are cold due to my health problem and I can't go out when there's a couple inches on the ground for fear of slipping or falling. I can't take the chance of busting my one knee open. It's less than an inch of muscle and very thin skin. So I'm stuck in the house.

Ugh! Winter has arrived :( » Post #20

Tue Nov 22, 2016 07:50 in General Talk

I so wish my hubby would build them a nice home but he's busy with our foster son butchering and making all the snack sticks, jerky, smoked sausage and summer sausage. Then comes another hunting season right after Thanksgiving.

In the meantime, he took a large cardboard box, taped it closed and cut a door in it and put it under the trailer we keep coal in so it wouldn't get wet.. I keep arguing it's not good enough but he says the homeless sleep on cardboard or in cardboard places so....<sigh> They did try it out one night but that was it. They are now hiding and sleeping under the porch and during a sunny day, they lay on the porch swing that I placed an old electric blanket on (doesn't work).

I did a search on "cat cages" and Wayfair has so many houses and cages, some really cool ones. i printed out 7 pages to show him. Yesterday, he got a bunch of pallets that a company didn't want. Some are in good shape and i've hinted how they would make nice houses with a little construction.

I really would like to find homes for them but we haven't been able to tame them enough to be the purrrrfect pet. Only one wants to be indoors but I really can't keep it indoors because it wants loving 24/7 and walks in front of me. I don't need to fall. I did get to pick a gray one up yesterday and hold and pet it but for some reason, when it looked at me, it's eyes almost bulged out of its head. (I can't be that ugly!). :)

Ugh! Winter has arrived :( » Post #14

Mon Nov 21, 2016 06:26 in General Talk

valerie wrote: It was something like 81 yesterday but the temp dropped last night and cold today.

We need rain here. We're in a dangerous drought.

I wouldn't mind if it was 50 degrees. I just hate the cold and the snow. The only time I want snow is Christmas Eve. Makes it truly Christmas.

Syracuse NY got a foot of snow and more coming. My hubby's relatives live 4 miles from Lake Erie in NY and when we were young, we were going to buy his uncle's farm. He stayed up there in winter when single and sometimes they would have to crawl out the 2nd story window because of the snow! WHAT were we thinking?????

i don't know how the kittens are going to take snow. This will be their first year.

Ugh! Winter has arrived :( » Post #1

Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:08 in General Talk

They called for a dusting to an inch of snow here yesterday. What we got was sleet for a couple hours. Now it's snowing. But at least I don't live in the northern part of the state. One place got 7 inches and they were only calling for 1-3 inches. The weatherman was calling for 1-2 inches where they were located and they got 5 inches.

Yuk! This means I'll be trapped in the house most of the winter. Where's El Nino when you need it? It left and now El Nina has arrived which means cold and snow for us. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :evil:

Anyone know anything about Chrome/OP Systems? » Post #10

Fri Nov 18, 2016 06:30 in General Talk

BouldRake wrote: XP is broken in more ways than you can possibly imagine. You've got no idea how much extra work it costs for everyone to support. You're not going to be able to carry on using it forever - as it continues to decline in popularity, people are going to stop doing the extra work, and you're going to have to switch to something else.

XP hasn't been supported for over a year now. Neither has Chrome. I haven't added Windows 7 to my desktop yet because I just don't know if I want to, but thanks for the link. I will probably try it on my laptop. :clap:

I did notice on a sidebar that that program was hacked, so I hope it has been fixed. :thumbdown:

Anyone know anything about Chrome/OP Systems? » Post #6

Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:20 in General Talk

CatMonster wrote: There is no need to upgrade anything, just install Firefox and add all nessesary plugins including the flash plugin and Html plugin as a backup.

I still have Winxp and Firefox and my machine is as efficient as ever and virus free, it wouldn't surprise me if a new type of virus or worm disables all windows 10 Operating systems this year sometime between christmas and new year.
They always target the newest operating systems so i'm safe with winxp. :mrgreen:

Despite popular beliefs winxp is still useful and will be for a long time if you know how to manually configure it.

I installed FireFox many times and it always gave me problems. If it wasn't crashing, it was freezing, or it was losing some of the "extra add-ons I had combined with it. (Sorry, I'm having senior moments today-words aren't coming easy).

I love WinXp. I did look at Windows 7 and it's on my laptop, but I just looked at it. Lots of changes. I don't know why these companies have to force "new and better" (not!) programs on us instead of just adding extras to the old programs that work fine. They could still charge for those upgrades. My virus program does that. It's called nickel and diming me to death but at least they're more affordable and I can pick and choose which pieces of upgrades I want. :D

Are We for Real » Post #41

Tue Nov 15, 2016 06:34 in General Talk

I just think the whole world is going nuts! :D

Anyone know anything about Chrome/OP Systems? » Post #1

Tue Nov 15, 2016 06:30 in General Talk

Since I have an antiquated computer, Chrome doesn't support my XP anymore. I've been having a lot of trouble signing in to sites and can't post comments on any site.

My question is: If I uninstall and re-install Chrome, would I lose all the "extras" that were combined with it, like saved passwords, and other things that were set up in Chrome>

Also, I bought Windows 7 to install. If I uninstall my XP, will that affect my setup email and everything else I have set up in XP?

Or will everything still be there? I'm so nervous about doing any of this but can't afford a computer guru to do it for me.

Things to Hate » Post #48

Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:58 in General Talk

my husband fixed that problem. He only buys one color of socks now. They match all the time and no problem with mismatched or losing one...there's always one to take it's place. :lol:

Market Crash Imminent » Post #25

Thu Nov 10, 2016 07:17 in General Talk

tasman1 wrote:
Micshad wrote:
tasman1 wrote: Going down over 50% in November
Trust or not , Your choice
Sold over 80% of my portfolio

I've been hearing that for the past year. First it was April, then Sept., then last month, and now you're saying Nov.? Thank heavens I lost all mine in 2008. I have nothing left to lose and neither does my hubby and we haven't been able to built it up again..

That is a big hmmmm.......... Why ? Playing speculative stock ??

here is a small tip for safe play
Day trading but most play it wrong ,playing speculative stock to gain 10% or more a day,WRONG
Play day trading on conservative stable stock and gain 1% a week or 4-6% per month
It is less money but no loss
Just 5000 can earn you min 200 a month

Not speculative stock. I was never a risk taker. I was in conservative blended stocks, bonds, and money market funds. When the market crashed, so did our 401K/iRA's. We lost half our funds. I had mine since '93 and hubby had his since the 80s through his company. We still have what's left but it's not enough to live off the rest of our lives and without jobs, we can't add to them either. So we are between a rock and a hard place.

Political Ads » Post #2

Sun Nov 06, 2016 07:05 in General Talk

I really think they need to make a law, and I'm totally against the government making more restrictive rules and regulations, but some of the ads are outright lies about the other candidate. A law is needed that candidates or the SuperPacs (which should be outlawed to begin with) cannot LIE about the other candidate. I've seen too many of those this year, all negative.

I still remember when political ads were positive ads and what the candidates were going to do if elected. There's too much hatred in this country

Market Crash Imminent » Post #6

Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:09 in General Talk

tasman1 wrote: Going down over 50% in November
Trust or not , Your choice
Sold over 80% of my portfolio

I've been hearing that for the past year. First it was April, then Sept., then last month, and now you're saying Nov.? Thank heavens I lost all mine in 2008. I have nothing left to lose and neither does my hubby and we haven't been able to built it up again..

Won on Clixgrid » Post #1

Tue Nov 01, 2016 06:46 in Success Stories

I've won 5 extra chances on Clixgrid, the latest being one day last week. A couple times I also I won 10 cents...but today, I won 50 cents on Clixgrid for the first time!

I'm Such Klutz!!!!! » Post #8

Mon Oct 31, 2016 07:20 in General Talk

rijo33 wrote: Hi Micshad, i wish you a speedy recovery :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :roll: ;)
I hunted up the stairs with my feet five weeks ago and can feel you
The knee was injured a broken foot and sprained hands. It still takes about 3 weeks more :cry: :cry: :cry:
But I have fortunately insurance through my work.
I have to make a small contribution every month, now I am really glad that I get paid my wage failure and the medical costs, X - ray, Medi etc

Holy cow! I've already fallen down the stairs but didn't hurt a thing. That was when I was younger.

You must have a good company that you work for. Hold onto it for good companies are rare nowadays.

I'm Such Klutz!!!!! » Post #7

Mon Oct 31, 2016 07:17 in General Talk

BouldRake wrote: If you're talking about klutz, I once got hit by a bus on a mountain pass while I was out cycling, and fell down a ravine. Got up, and walked away without a scratch.

Later the same day, tripped over the kitchen bin, and broke three ribs.

Sounds like you have the same luck I do. That really had to hurt.

I'm Such Klutz!!!!! » Post #6

Mon Oct 31, 2016 07:13 in General Talk

valerie wrote: You were a medical transcriptionist and did not have medical insurance?

I think you might want to tell your husband but of course, if he is out of town, you may want to wait til he returns.

None of that sounds fun at all. :(

The insurance cost me $600 every 2 weeks when I was employed. But, when my job went overseas, i had no job and no insurance. I only had 6 months before I would have been on Medicare, so I held my breath. Up until then, i was healthy. Go figure!

I'm Such Klutz!!!!! » Post #1

Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:30 in General Talk

A few years ago, I tripped over my own foot, fell and broke my left hand. I had trouble using the hand for weeks and without insurance, couldn't do anything about it, My job depended on both hands as I was a medical and legal transcriptionist.

Well, today, after entering the house, I tri8ed over one of the prongs on my cane, fell on my left shoulder and both hands. I can't use my right hand very well now...so painful. Plus my good left knee has a lump on it from hitting it on the floor and my shoulder.

The reason I'm telling everyone this is because I can't tell hubby or he'll be furious for not calling him. I just don't want to worry him It took me 20 minutes to get to my feet because I really only have the left side ability to push and pull. Guess I found out I need some strength training. :)

Halloween Movies? » Post #23

Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:15 in General Talk

I just saw "Last House on the Left" the other day. SyFy is all horror films for Halloween and I'm doing catch up...but I'll NEVER watch The Exorcist again. I've seen it in the movies and once on TV and that was enough for me. LOL

I missed wrong Turn. Evidently there were 5 of them. I saw the last 5 minutes of #5.

One I did like recently was Jeepers Creepers and the follow up. That wasn't too bad.

I laughed all through Night of the Living Dead because it was so amateurish BUT back in the '70s, it was popular. As you said, Valerie, most came out as drive-in movies and especially during the all nighters.

Halloween Movies? » Post #18

Wed Oct 26, 2016 13:30 in General Talk

After all these years, I finally got to see Texas Chainsaw movie.

I really don't have any favorite scary movies anymore. Some of the ones I saw this year made me jump a lot! Guess my reactions have changed.

A little story: When The Exorcist came out, hubby and I went to see it. That night in our new home in the country and no traffic or neighbors, there was a knocking on the ceiling just like in the beginning of the movie. How scary was that? I barely slept that night. When investigating IN THE DAYLIGHT, it was what we call a squirrel "playing basketball" (moving their walnuts to their hiding place in the ceiling). Took care of that right away!!! :lol:
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Jan 22, 2021 21:12:44 EST