Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by Micshad

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by Micshad

Home Insurance-Venting » Post #4

Thu Jan 12, 2017 09:59 in General Talk

Hi Valerie:

Thank you so much for your information. The company is well known through an auto club, and I've had this insurance since 1988. This year they want over $1000 to cover the house and contents. Not doing it.

Glad you told me about State Farm. I did get a quote from them and it was half of the insurance we have now with almost identical coverage. Then hubby told me he thought our one son had State Farm and had a problem with them. He had put a new rubber roof on the house and they tried to tell him he needed a new roof!

I'm calling the insurance company he has today because he said he didn't have any hassles with the appraiser. This company is also well known nationally. I had called the local agentcy about 10 years ago but they never got back to me. Hopefully, they are better organized now. LOL

I also got a quote from esurance (which is Allstate) and a phone call last night from an agent. I'm not sure about them, though and told him we were still thinking about it. No pressure from them. Their cost was also half of the one we have now.

I read the insurance info for my state and usually insurance only covers 30% of the amount. IOW, our home is "covered" for $265K but they would only pay 30% of that amount. You would think the woman I talked to would have told me so I wouldn't have looked like a fool, but that's something they don't want you to know. :thumbdown:

The older I get, the meaner I get and don't put up with a lot of bull anymore. i tell them what I really think. :)

Time to make that phone call. Keeping my fingers crossed. We only have a month to change our minds before they cancel us outright.

Home Insurance-Venting » Post #1

Wed Jan 11, 2017 07:19 in General Talk

When we were younger, we started to build a new home on our property. Got the basement built, built our old house flooded and we couldn't live there anymore, so we slapped a roof on the basement and finished the inside and have been living "underground" except for the front since then. We never had a problem with our insurance company that we were with since 1988, until 2 years ago. They kept upping our replacement costs, which increased our costs again. Heck, this place was built for $25K and they say it would cost $265K to replace. Really? Don't think so. We don't need a McMansion. It doesn't cost that much for a modular home or double wide mobile home...we've already priced them just in case.

Our insurance company sent an adjuster and they carried on because we have a travel trailer parked behind the garage, a smoker, and the pine boards on the front of our cinder block place are rotting away at the bottom where the rain hits them. They called back and refused to lower the replacement costs because of those 3 items.

So I've been calling around and got insurance quotes at HALF of what they are charging us, but if other companies have the same problem because of the 3 items above, fine. It will save us over $1000 a year. We don't need it since the insurance companies probably wouldn't pay full replacement anyway due to cinder block foundation.

Legal thieves are what hubby calls them. We are furious with them all.

What a "Wonderful Gesture!" » Post #16

Sun Jan 01, 2017 07:08 in General Talk

pindokhan123 wrote: i think its the duty of the government and the filthy rich to do more than their share,us folk work 24/7 paying our mortgages,looking after kids etc yet we still have it in our hearts to reach out to the less fortunate,that's the human side of us...now look at all those people higher up on the scale raking in billions,what for? they not taking it with them,might as well give most of it away ,people will remember them long after they have gone.

half the world is in poverty,other half dressing in designer gear,is this ethical?

ok fair to see they have worked hard to get where they are,,but still in the eyes of the Lord we are all equal no matter how much wealth we have accumulated,we all have to account for everything one day.

Unless you know 'rich people," you have no idea where they put their money. You see only the outer person. Chances of them giving to charities yearly is probably around 80% or more but don't brag about it. Look at all the foundations people like Bill Gates, Oprah Winfrey, Warren Buffet, Koch Industries, McDonald's, Burger King, many other celebs, people in sports, etc. all give of their time and money. Most of the celebs give of their time and money in Africa to combat disease and hunger because right now, that's the country that's "in" in the eyes of the people. Who knows? In another year, it may be "popular" to help some other country. Yet, there are millions in the USA who are also hungry, homeless, and need clothing, etc. They get help from many celebs/businesses and from every day people but it's not broadcast to the world.

Movie's that are NOT for the faint of heart » Post #25

Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:36 in General Talk

valerie wrote: Yes I saw the movie....fugitive. It was a good movie but a little hard to watch Harrison Ford
playing that part. I grew up watching the series on television and it was an excellent tv series.
Sooo it was not as good as the original series cast. Primarily:

David Janssen
and
Barry Morse

I think all the young and old ladies was in love with David Janssen.
And Barry Morse, most hated man.....great actor!

Look up the original series some time. You may be able to find some of the programs from the original
series. You'll see what I mean if you watch one or two of them.

David Janssen, David Janssen. For some reason, i love to hear his voice. Anyway, I've watched Centennial 3 times....once when it was first on TV as the mini-series and twice on TV...just a couple days ago, one station had every episode on as a marathon but I still haven't seen Episode 1 all the way through. :( When it comes on again, I hope i will know about it so I can watch the whole thing again.

As for horror movies, some of those made for TV movies are worse than those in the theaters. The zombie movies are really creepy. There are so many torture and gory movies lately, I can't even think of the names of them. I just saw part of Annabelle the other day but don't know much about it since even though I had the station on, I was too busy to concentrate and really watch it.

I Won! » Post #21

Wed Dec 21, 2016 06:16 in Your Stats

Ludko1 wrote: It is simple, i click daily all available fields :-)

today is struggling :-(

Simple? Not for me! I do the clix grid every day and I may win 5 extra clicks twice a month and maybe once a month the $.10. Never hit fir $5 or $10.

Topic for brave , You Have Been Warned » Post #6

Sat Dec 17, 2016 06:51 in General Talk

I'm not getting buried.

Arctic Blast Coming to Midwest US » Post #14

Fri Dec 16, 2016 07:21 in General Talk

The Arctic blast hit here yesterday. Day temp in the low 20s but wind chill around 2. Last night I watched the temperature sink to 11 until 6 a.m. then it went up to 12. Wind isn't as bad today, but tonight we're supposed to get snow. One station says 3"to 6" and another says 1" to 3". I love it! We'll just have to wait and see. The last time they predicted 1" to 3", we got 10". Yet next week, we'll have one day of 45-50 degrees in the day. The rest will be in the 20s-30s with nights in the teens.

How I love winter. NOT!!!

Show us your pet » Post #87

Tue Dec 13, 2016 06:23 in General Talk

Marcel-R6 wrote: The Goldfinch? I thought it was fake :lol:

And I tried bells for Hope once,it only drives her nuts.
Talk about cats being killers mine has a thing with spiders,when she has one,she will take her time removing all legs and she sits looking at the helpless spider....

Sounds like your cat has a mean streak in it.:)

As for my kids, none of them go after squirrels or birds. Mom taught them that tiny furries like voles and mice would make us happy so that's what they bring us. They play with them for hours after they're dead but don't eat them.

Today when I went out to feed them, 3 of them came in the house. The Runt, the larger gray, and Roll-y. it's too hard to get them out. i wish I could keep them in the house but the boss says NO. I've been petting the larger gray one outside when feeding and he's getting used to it now. Same with the white faced one but it's still too skittish. Patience is the key to that one.

Mom no longer wants anything to do with me since I'm paying attention to the kids. She can be mean at times and jealous when I holler at her for attacking the kids. She gives me the evil eyes and walks away.

Show us your pet » Post #56

Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:49 in General Talk

Hey! I'm just glad some of them posted. ")

The Runt loves my husband. He follows him around all day. Now both he and the other tame one wants in the house. Don't blame them. They know bad weather is coming. Snow/rain tonight and tomorrow and down to 19 by the end of the week.

Show us your pet » Post #54

Sat Dec 10, 2016 09:24 in General Talk

Now it's telling me i have no permission to edit my photos. Sheesh! I had a hard enough time posting the one. I'm trying this again for two more. i think I know how to do it now. LOL

The loving tame one (the one in the other photo that's in the front)

[/url]

The Runt. He is now tame.

[/url]

i don't have a photo of the larger gray that's in the back with the one i"m using as an avatar. That gray in the back is very large.

Show us your pet » Post #52

Sat Dec 10, 2016 09:13 in General Talk

Trying again.

Show us your pet » Post #41

Fri Dec 09, 2016 08:32 in General Talk

Marcel-R6 wrote:
Micshad wrote: Everyone's loves are adorable. Hubby and I are the not-so-proud humans of a litter of feral kids plus mom, who wants the babies to go away now. She's so mean lately. I would love to post photos but I don't know how. :oops:

Like Miss V suggested upload the photos here: postimg.org
After that simply copy and paste the correct url. ;)

( The one with the IMG tags)

I must be really dumb becasue I can't get it to work. :( Well, my avatar is one of the kittens but I would have loved to show you Runt and the other gray and Roll-y (she flops down in front of you and you have to scratch her belly or you can't pass).

Show us your pet » Post #38

Fri Dec 09, 2016 07:28 in General Talk

Everyone's loves are adorable. Hubby and I are the not-so-proud humans of a litter of feral kids plus mom, who wants the babies to go away now. She's so mean lately. I would love to post photos but I don't know how. :oops:

Amazon go. No checkout needed » Post #21

Wed Dec 07, 2016 06:48 in General Talk

dutch1898 wrote: I did see the article and the first Amazon store to do this try out is in Seatle
about 2,5 hrs south of us. It will cause a lot of cashiers to be laid off if that
would become the norm. :thumbdown:

Cashiers can't be laid off if they were never hired. ;)

As for Aldi's, we have one a mile away and it's always full. They have 1 cashier. I thought about applying there for a job because the cashier sits on a chair. I can do that! I can make change without a calculator, too! I did work for a grocery store way back when...it was my "life" career and I lasted 2 weeks because when they said flexible schedule, it was too flexible. I didn't know if I was coming or going!

By the way, there's a lot of senior citizens who don't like technology and wouldn't use it. There's also a lot of seniors who can't afford a smart phone. We have one store with self-checkout. Hubby tried it ONCE. He hated it. Of course, he doesn't like technology. Won't touch a computer, uses a flip phone without text etc., and after 4 years, finally found out he can take pictures, but of course, can't download them because he has no text or data on the phone. :)

How do you stay employed due robot invasion jobs? » Post #13

Tue Dec 06, 2016 06:23 in General Talk

I just saw on the news this morning that Amazon is going to open a store in Seattle that will not have cashiers, etc. You walk in, get your stuff and walk out. I don't know how that works; something about having a card that's you scan when entering but somehow it knows everything you buy and it's added to your Amazon account (billing).

Interesting. If more technology like that gets used, there won't be anyone working in the customer service industry.

As a follow-up to yesterday's post on the cable company. At 4:15 p.m. I called them and let them know no one showed. Their answer? A 'miscommunication.' They're supposed to be here today between 10 a.m. and 12 noon. We shall see. Bet'cha I don't get the credit on my bill like they promise for no shows. Told them they better fire the robots and start using real humans again!

How do you stay employed due robot invasion jobs? » Post #12

Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:15 in General Talk

They're also in the customer service field. A certain cable company that I'm forced to deal with uses them for troubleshooting, confirming appointments, etc. I've been having problems with the company for almost a year. I lost TV twice last week. First they set me up with an appointment for the 9th (this was the 3rd) and then a human called to confirm my appointment on the 12th! Huh????

Yesterday, the TV went out again. I spent almost an hour on the phone and talked to a real human. She said they'd send someone today between 1 & 4 p.m. I went outside for a couple minutes last night and during that time, robocall wanted me to call back to confirm today's appointment. I called at 8 a.m. this morning and kept getting the message the "due to heavy response, your call will take a while" (or something like that), "please stay on the line and someone will be with you as soon as possible." Twenty minutes later, I get another robo message to leave my name and phone number and someone will get back to me as soon as possible." I did that.

It is now 3:15 p.m. They are a no show so far. I'm so sick of this company but they are a monopoly. I'm forced to stay with them because there's nothing else in this area. I hate the the government forced us to give up our antennas. I'm looking for another source to use but not having much luck at this time and I'm tired of fighting.

What Do You Expect in Y2017? » Post #22

Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:34 in General Talk

CatMonster wrote:
Micshad wrote: I real job. But it's just wishful thinking. :(

Well i could use a long vacation so you can have my job if you want :lol:

I would love to have your job but age discrimination is a given, unable to prove, but a given in my case.

I used to be like you...no vacation, no holidays off (my choice), working 16 hours a day 7 days a week (my own clients plus a full time job). I wished for a vacation and got a permanent one after 45 years of working. Not working drives me crazy. :x

What Do You Expect in Y2017? » Post #19

Tue Nov 29, 2016 09:31 in General Talk

I real job. But it's just wishful thinking. :(

YAY! My end of the Christmas shopping is DONE » Post #6

Tue Nov 29, 2016 09:04 in General Talk

My parents weren't rich but my dad grew up on a farm and became a cop, and my mom worked in a shoe factory. Her Christmas gifts used to be a couple walnuts and an orange, so I'm embarassed to say but I was spoiled at Christmas. I would get so much, I never knew where to start and the toys would always be something no other kid in my neighborhood would have. I still have a riding horse that I've never seen anywhere else in this country except for Cybil Shepard having the same exact one...I had gotten a pogo stick one year, table tennis and badmitten (spelling?)set, and mom got me started on doll collecting by giving me a doll made in France; another one-of-a-kind item.

I never got clothing or shoes for Christmas until I was a teenager. :) With mom working for a world-renowned shoe company and a company that made special shoes for orthopedic problems, I never had to worry about shoes. I had saddle shoes, sandals, penny loafers, Mary Janes, you name it. Whatever the company made, mom would bring home a pair.

When I had kids, I spoiled them rotten at Christmas. They would give me a list and I'd do all I could to give them everything but they also grew up learning to appreciate what they had and to be charitable to others. Many times my kids would give one of their gifts away to someone who didn't have much.

YAY! My end of the Christmas shopping is DONE » Post #1

Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:14 in General Talk

except for hubby. I did everything today. Now it's hubby's turn to get for the 2 adult boys and 1 adult grandson. We know what the one guy wants. :)

We cut back again this year. Money just doesn't stretch like it used to so we aren't buying for each other again. Everything I want is expensive...a new oven, a new refrigerator and a new used car. The oven is 30 years old and the 'fridge is 25 years old and the car is just starting to give problems while it's 18 years old. Maybe Santa will give us the right 6 numbers for the lottery. :thumbup: LOL (we don't play).

On another note, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Our meal was great. Looks like it will be the catering company again next year. Yum. So much to eat, it was 2 meals!
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Jan 25, 2021 21:19:04 EST