Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by Micshad

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by Micshad

Was my post deleted and if so, why? » Post #1

Sat Aug 26, 2017 02:18 in General Talk

I posted yesterday about Runt, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. She's still sick and I don't know why and I'm heartbroken if she doesn't pull through. (That's her in my profile pic). She's only a year old. She was a little more responsive by the end of the day but not much. Don't know why she got sick. She was fine one minute then the next minute, she was unresponsive. This is day 2 for her.

Feral momma had her babies » Post #1

Sat Aug 12, 2017 04:02 in General Talk

Well, CS did it again! It told me I wasn't logged in after I wrote a post about momma having her kittens. I got the "not Signed in" post (yet I was when I started the post), I had the choice of signing in or cancelling, so when clicking the sign in button because I couldn't copy my post with the "not signed in" box there, i lost the whole post. This used to happen before but then it stopped. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Momma didn't show up on Wed. I figured she had her babies because she looked like she ate a basketball. She did show up on Thursday late, and wolfed down her food, then left. She was a little smaller in the belly, but still pretty full and hard. She usually hangs around all day. Friday, she showed up at her usual early morning time and she looked even a little smaller and her belly was soft so I figured she was all done with babies. Today she was early and kept watching the driveway, so I fed her.

I only wish she would have had the babies somewhere close where I could get them and protect them. We had a terrible rainstorm last night all night with heavy downpours. I think I know where they are but I can't get to the spot because of the uneven ground. I can't take the chance on falling. Runt (cat from first litter) and her are getting along okay. They touch noses but Runt is afraid of her. Momma seems to want to be in the house and I hope I can talk hubby into allowing it by the time cold weather comes.

Family Reunions » Post #7

Tue Aug 08, 2017 02:18 in General Talk

valerie wrote: When you get a time out, you have two choices :

1. Auto log back in
2. Close

Click 'Close' and copy what you typed.
Then click auto log back in. You'll be right back at the same topic and you click to reply and paste in the content.

When I clicke 'close', everything went away. No big deal. usually I do copy before submitting a post, but it was early morning and my brain wasn't quite awake yet. :)

Family Reunions » Post #5

Mon Aug 07, 2017 02:27 in General Talk

valerie wrote: Yes and sort of. It's not like it use to be because like you said in sorts, the younger generation
does not have the interest like the older did.

Maybe you have heard of TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority) that also stretches into KY.

Back in the 50's, early 60's when the government came in and run everyone out of their homes
in the LBL (Land Between The Lakes) to make it a national park, people spread to various states
to live.

To make it short, every year in the summer, they hold what's called 'The HomeComing' at the
Kentucky Lake area. Everyone that lived or related to the people that lived between the rivers,
gather there. It is or at least was, a very huge gathering. There is long tables set up with almost
everything you can think of to eat. They have the huge iron kettles and fry fish and hushpuppies.
There's the old time barrels full of MOONSHINE. REAL old time moonshine that will knock your
socks off!!! It even has corn floating in it! The whole shebang is lots of fun and lasts an entire
weekend. Everyone is friendly and everyone talks about who is related to who and the old
cemetery's and who is buried where and who married who and all the churches and who went
to which and what state people live in now etc. It's thousands of people and everyone is friendly.
Most the people are related to each other in some way, which is also hilarious to hear people talk
about 10th and 12th cousins! It was free.

It's been years since I have gone so I don't know how many people actually attend any more.
I know it can't be like it use to be because most everyone that lived in the LBL are dead now.
And so it is not like it use to be, for sure.

My family would have a gathering every year usually in the summer. I had an uncle that lived in
Florida and spent his life in the Air Force and often the family get togethers had to focus on his
time frame that he was free. I had an aunt that lived in Kansas. Most the rest of us lived in the
Chicago area until years later. It was always fun.

Yeah, I did some family research and have most of it compiled to print out. It's a lot of pages
and I intend to make three copies, for each of my children. I'll have to buy a ton of ink first.
I have pictures to print out, etc. Lots of work when you start the family history research.

I wrote a long reply yesterday but because I took a long time to answer, I was timed out and my message disappeared. i didn'f feel like redoing it. :thumbdown:

But, we had a few places around here like what happened in your case. My grandfather was forced to move when the government decided to build a desilting dam to keep the coal dirt from washing into the river. They never tore down the homes in that valley. Just flooded it.

Two wealthy businessmen decided to build a gated community with large lake for summer folks from NYC, etc. Sold lots for $35K. Only problem was they built it between 2 mountains flooding all the valley in between. The lake was high above the homes that were left below the property. Scary. The businessmen went bankrupt and now the lots sell for $8,000.

A coal company in the area back in the '40s sold homes to the workers but not the land under them. In the past 10 years, that coal company has kicked out the people who lived there and closed the road so they could strip mine the area under the homes. People lived in the one town for generations. The other town was the same and they do hold a reunion for families that lived there.

Those are only a couple examples.

Family Reunions » Post #1

Sun Aug 06, 2017 05:12 in General Talk

Does anyone else hold family reunions every year? Our reunion was yesterday and I'm so exhausted. I make 30 lb. of Italian sausage with peppers and onions and every year it gets harder to do (I'm no spring chicken). I gave up making the bean soup a few years back and my stepson makes it now.

I've also been doing the family history but the younger generation doesn't seem interested. My aunt has the first secretary book and we oldies (3 of us) were looking at it yesterday. Our reunion started in 1949. That's 68 years! Dues back then was $1.50. This year it was $10. There's only one male person with the reunion surname left. It's so sad, but everyone stays in their own little family and don't mingle.

Would you volunteer to be microchip at your job? » Post #3

Tue Jul 25, 2017 07:49 in General Talk

No way should anyone be microchipped. It sounds like something out of 1984 or other futuristic movies and books. I think those employees are a little nuts for allowing it to be done.

What happens to that microchip if you quit that job or are fired?

What else would they use the microchipped personal data? It's scary. They say it was buying snacks and I think that's ridiculous and just an excuse for something else.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but the idea of being microchipped would truly be against my freedoms, especially if it's mandated and I would not allow it..

Paypal is coming back ?! » Post #75

Sun Jul 09, 2017 08:36 in General Talk

fatygs wrote:
Micshad wrote: I"m curious...what is the "Activity Extra Bonus?" The post 'Moving Forward...." stated:

The checklist bonus will now give a possible 10% bonus to all members and the requirement for clicking PTC ads & ClixGrid will be removed.

Daily Checklist Bonus 7.0%
Activity Extra Bonus 2.0%
ClixAddon Extra Bonus 1.0%
Maximum Possible Bonus 10.0%

Thanks for your answer.

That is the bonus you get after trhee consecutive days of completing the checklist.

Thanks. I do see Daily Checklist Bonus, ClixAddon Extra Bonus and Activity Extra Bonus now, but what do we have to do to earn the maximum 10%? I'm on here every day but I'm only getting 7%. I'm not getting the 2% Activity Extra Bonus, only 1%. According to the Help screen, the 2% is if you're a Premium member. :(

Can you clear this up?

Paypal is coming back ?! » Post #65

Sat Jul 08, 2017 05:30 in General Talk

I"m curious...what is the "Activity Extra Bonus?" The post 'Moving Forward...." stated:

The checklist bonus will now give a possible 10% bonus to all members and the requirement for clicking PTC ads & ClixGrid will be removed.

Daily Checklist Bonus 7.0%
Activity Extra Bonus 2.0%
ClixAddon Extra Bonus 1.0%
Maximum Possible Bonus 10.0%

Thanks for your answer.

Removal of ClixAd and Clixgrid » Post #151

Thu Jul 06, 2017 05:40 in General Talk

rajukurup wrote: see my stats with clicksense My earnings fron ads is very less compared to that earned from offers of which 99% are surveys surveys are the lifeline of clicksense so nothing will happen to clicksense if ads are removed the best days of clicksense are ahead and be optimistic

b] PTC Clicks today 11 total 14,302 earned $30.8830[/b]
My ClixGrid Clicks today 20 total 20,580 earned $4.75
My Completed Tasks today 0 total 425 earned $7.10
My Completed Offers today 3 total 1,083 earned $448.45

Question: Do only special people get paid for doing ClixGrid? I could never understand why we were forced to do ClixGrid when it didn't pay anything. I've done it every day since I joined and never received a cent for doing the ClixGrid. What was the secret?

Removal of ClixAd and Clixgrid » Post #102

Sun Jul 02, 2017 08:55 in General Talk

As I said in another post, surveys don't help me. I may qualify for one or two a month and they don't pay very well. I don't do tasks since they took away badges and forced me to use Facebook. Wouldn't do it.

As for referrals, I don't have any and never had any. What few friends I have left (because of dying) don't believe in doing sites like this and family all mostly 40-ish having a hard enough time working 10-12 hours and having to go home and take care of kids, etc. No time to do extra sites.

This site has helped me make more money (even though it's not a lot) than all the other sites I belonged to in the past. In fact, I just quit the last 2 other sites I belonged to in January. I kept on another site because they were pretty good and fair. Now what do I do? There's no other place I can move on to and I need to earn money. My bills eat up my SS check every month.

I will hang around to see the results until the end of the month and hope it will be a better change, but I doubt it. It seems it's just for those people who do tasks, surveys, and have a lot of referrals. Funny how this is turning out to be another 'age discrimination" site. The young prevail, while the old have no place in the world anymore. :thumbdown:

Welcoming changes at Clicksense » Post #6

Sun Jul 02, 2017 04:21 in General Talk

This isn't good for me since I rarely qualify for surveys. I could qualify for only one or two a month if that, wasting lots of time trying.

In fact, this was the ONLY place I could count on a decent cents being made without doing surveys. I guess I might have to move on and that makes me sad.

Americans think choco milk comes from brown cows » Post #16

Wed Jun 21, 2017 05:43 in General Talk

helloworld111 wrote: If you notice that the source is from a "nationally representative online survey", it means that used the same kind of survey we answer for money to get the results. So there probably was at least one Clixsense member who answered "Yes" to "Does chocolate milk come from brown cows?", AND they got paid for that! :o

Can't blame it on me! I rarely qualify for surveys so don't really make the effort to do any. :)

Yesterday was a why me moment » Post #12

Mon Jun 05, 2017 08:45 in General Talk

hlrive wrote:
jjohnson777 wrote: Love fact government tells how many pets can have. If can not use land as see fit why pay taxes on it. Govt should be paying us since can not do as please.

I know, our county only allows a maximum of 5 I am under that by 1 but I don't like knowing that when I pay through the nose in taxes and own my land the county can tell me what to do. The good news is that I have all of my dogs shots done and have them all neutered. That is way more then my neighbors all do around here. One lady across the road has adopted 3 kill shelter dogs and none have had any shots or been spayed or neutered. The worst thing is the female dog has had 3 litters in less then 2 years. And they let all 3 roam all over the place.

In my area, the shelters don't allow animals to be adopted unless they are spayed or neutered. To make sure it's done, they do it themselves then add the cost to the new parents.

We were able to socialize 4 feral kittens that mom dropped off. She ran away when the kittens turned around 4 months old. I was able to give 2 away to good homes and decided to keep the other 2 around because they were good mousers and snake killers. One was male, one female. We got vouchers to help pay for the spaying and neutering and was able to get the female to the vet, but the male disappeared the night before it was to be done. So the female is fixed and she has turned out to be a house cat now. She had a rabies shot, flea treatment, and nail trimming besides being spayed.

The male never came back :( but there was another one that came around a couple weeks ago. That one is really skittish. There was also a black and white one hanging around before, but haven't seen him since. We have a hawk hanging around and I'm thinking they met the hawk. A neighbor saw a hawk on a dead cat a couple months ago (not our male or mom).

A neighbor has 20 cats and he feeds them all and gets all of them fixed. He said the hawks are very aggressive this year, so I'm glad the one we have is now a house pet. She's tiny compared to your average cat. I'm petite but I can put my one hand completely around her throat and touch my fingers. She loves my husband and curls up beside him as he watches TV. She thinks of me only as a "food ventor." That's okay.

vegan or non vegan » Post #3

Sat Jun 03, 2017 09:11 in General Talk

i love veggies and can eat meals without meat products BUT I was raised where the main item on the plate was meat. Didn't matter what kind, pork, beef, deer, rabbit, pheasant, chicken, you name it. Sundays was always a roast or whole chicken and waffles.

As we get older, we are eating less meat, mainly because of the cost, which has risen almost beyond our budget.

Yesterday was a why me moment » Post #7

Fri Jun 02, 2017 06:19 in General Talk

You're lucky that shelter took the extra pooches. In my area, they would euthanize them immediately, especially if they were pit bulls. I hate our local shelter. They're forever asking for donations yet they'll go around in the middle of the night stealing outside dogs even if they have good food and water, a great shelter, etc. Then they force you to pay to get your dog back.

It has happened to so many people around here but just try getting local enforcement or the state equivalent of which they are a part, to do something about it. One person even tried to sue them but nothing came of that, either. It was buried.

temps hit record high,,,50 degrees celsius today! » Post #20

Wed May 31, 2017 06:08 in General Talk

lotoole wrote: 50C = 122 Fahreinheit. That is incredibly hot. Temperatures in my area are a pleasant 81 F during the day. Hope it cools off for you.

Send me some of that 81 degree F!

We haven't had a spring. No spring flowers. Two days in April, it hit 80 F. One day it hit 90 F. The rest of the time up until today it's been in the 50s, mid-60s. Today we're to have a "heat wave" of 77 F. Then temps are supposed to dive back down to the mid-60s.

I'm tired of starting a fire and having to keep it going, then letting it go out on those 77 F days, then having to start another one. It's putting a hurting on our wood supply for the winter.

anyone ever encountered the paranormal? » Post #28

Mon May 08, 2017 10:21 in General Talk

This is not about aliens. This is about my mother-in-law who died in 1981.

Every Christmas Eve, we would have a party and hold it in the garage because of all the people that would show up. For some reason, we started sharing stories of my mother-in-law. Mine was how much she hated me. My hubby's was how she used to hit him with the coal stove shovel when he misbehaved and how she treated her grandson like her own son while she hated hubby because he cramped her lifestyle, (which was going out every weekend). Our son was how she treated him....well, evidently she didn't like the stories being told about her and she turned off the lights in the garage. Really. No one was near the light switch. We were all sitting on chairs in a circle. So we decided to stop talking about her. :) BTW, she died on Christmas Eve in 1981.

Years before that night, when we finally were able to move into the home hubby built, I was on the sofa watching TV when I saw a dark black shadow go from the kitchen into the hallway back to the bedrooms. Then came the odor of Patchoulli, a scent his mother used all the time in her place. It was like she was checking the house out. I was wishing my hubby would have been there. Her grandson wasn't there either but when he came home he noted that his bedroom has things moved around (i wasn't allowed in their private space). :)

So, that's just 2 episodes for me. There are plenty more involving other family but I would use up all the Mb's.

I am sad today » Post #12

Fri May 05, 2017 06:19 in General Talk

Arvind9 wrote: My condolences to your cousin
Its ok I can understand your feelings,Diabetes is very fatal.My mother had type2 Diabetes she was 78 she passed away on the 28thApril 2017,after nine years being in bed unable to get up on her feet ,she was in hospital the whole month of April in the ICU no one was with her in her last days except for me.How deadly can Diabetes be,her whole body was swollen her skin pealing off from head to toe,every time they changed her bed it was full of skin,her kidney was failing,her lungs barealy had the air in them her heart functioning only at 20%,she was put on a ventilator but on the 28th her lungs chocked and had a Cardiac Pulmonary arrest she was revived but got another attact within 5 minutes CPR started again according to ACLS protocol after repeated efforts she still had asystole and could not be revived she was declared dead at 3.04pm IST,according to her wishes I handed her body to AIIMS All India Institute of medical sciences her eyes were removed to be donated to someone in need her whole body will be used for medical research.
I saw her die with my eyes it was traumatic but its ok her time had come she had lived her life.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to watch someone struggle as they sometimes do because they aren't ready to pass, or the pain they may be in but nothing can be done for them.

My cousin could only see shadows due to diabetic retinopathy. She was 69. Her one sister had kidney failure and another one had both before they died. They all had Type 1. My cousin was hospitalized last year because she couldn't walk. They "dehydrated" her and she lost 150 pounds due to fluids swelling in her body. She was out of the wheel chair and could walk even without a cane. Then it started all over again.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I am sad today » Post #1

Thu May 04, 2017 07:26 in General Talk

I was told yesterday that my last female cousin has died on one of mom's side. Her husband died a year ago from black lung and she had to have her son move in with her because she was not in the greatest health due to diabetes. She was exactly a month younger than me. She used to joke how I was the old lady of the family. :)

I had talked to her a couple weeks ago and she seemed good. I understand from her niece that she was in constant pain but, from what, I have no idea because her niece never answered my email yet.

I'll miss her. I guess what I'm trying to say to everyone else is to honor your relatives and keep in close contact. I couldn't, only by phone because my husband is not the social type to visit relatives like my family.

She makes #3 in 3 weeks; 2 were friends of my husband's. It's hard to get older, especially when your mind tells you you're still 20-something. :(

Sad To Say, But True » Post #13

Sat Apr 29, 2017 07:34 in General Talk

FluffyBug wrote:
cdfan76 wrote: that's great!!...I just don't understand how it's dead...the original comment was modified by a moderator, so it's not there now...but it's nowhere near a dead ship for me

Mappo moans constantly, what she (and others) mean is:-

They are no longer getting 100s of ads per day and at too lazy to do surveys and tasks.

I havn't bothered with surveys much this month (busy earning real-life money) yet have made about $100

Did you ever think that people AREN'T lazy with regards to surveys and tasks? Just that they don't qualify for surveys and tasks?

I used to do tasks on another site until they took the badges away, then I never qualified for the tasks (I hadn't been doing tasks for a year at that time). As for surveys, I rarely qualify for those. Dont' know if it's my age, my race, the area I live, my yearly earnings or what. There is never an explanation but usually when I put my zip code in when asked, I seem to get dq'd for some reason. Who wants to try to do 50 surveys and only qualify for 1? That would take all day and it wouldn't allow time to do other offers or the clix grid.

So please don't assume people are lazy just because you think they don't want to do surveys and tasks. You don't know the reason why they may not do them.
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Jan 22, 2021 20:51:47 EST