All passenger traffic closes to and from Denmark from Saturday morning, Mette Frederiksen tells Friday at a press conference.
- Tomorrow at 12 o'clock the Danish borders will be closed temporarily. It will still be possible to transport food, medicine and other necessary goods to Denmark.
- All tourists and foreigners who cannot prove that they have a purpose in Denmark will not be allowed to enter Denmark. Danes will always be allowed to enter Denmark.
- The full border check will only be up and running in a few days.
Mette Frederiksen states that the police and the Armed Forces will take care of border control.
- Border control runs through Easter. That is, until April 13th.
- We have informed our neighboring countries Germany, Sweden and Norway of our decision.
You will be rejected at the border if you cannot prove that you have a purpose such as work in the country.