Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

Zelda, anyone? » Post #22

Sun Dec 11, 2016 13:09 in General Talk

I looked up the Nintendo wii ui or whatever is called. I may have liked that better because it
is more of a console that you connect to a monitor and then you use the hand held controllers
like you would a playstation/xbox etc.

I had ordered the 'New 3DS XL' (that is what it is called as they have one that is the NEW and one that does not have the word NEW in front of it) through Dell and I have expedited shipping with them but it says shipping arrival between the 16 and 20th. I think it is because they had sold out of them but the black came back in and that is what I ordered.

Anyway, be sure to read the info on them because the names are tricky too.

ALSO the NEW 3DS XL does NOT come with the charger/adaptor. I am guessing the old one I have for my DS
will work with it.

Show us your pet » Post #78

Sun Dec 11, 2016 13:00 in General Talk

The operating room stays very busy. This longhorn is doing as well as can be expected after the operation.

Show us your pet » Post #77

Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:55 in General Talk

I have fake creatures thru-out but ONE IS REAL. Can you find the real creature?

Show us your pet » Post #76

Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:52 in General Talk

In days before cats

Show us your pet » Post #75

Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:51 in General Talk

I do still feed Hummie

Show us your pet » Post #74

Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:47 in General Talk

....and Kill they do!

I try to keep collars with noisy bells on the outside cats. There was a day long long ago, that I
fed birds. I love to bird watch and was always excited to see some sort of different bird visit
then I would usually see. One time I purchased a feeder for the 'Baltimore Oriole' but was sure
I would never see one here. I bought the special citrus juice liquid for it. Then one day, it happen.
I saw the Baltimore Oriole feeding from it. I was as tickled as a pickle. That was the only time
I ever saw a Baltimore Oriole up close and personal, so to speak.

Then the stray cats located me and my bird days ended quickly. If I feed the birds, the cats
will kill them and leave their guts all over my patio, porch, balcony and every where else they
think I will be proud to see the labors of their warrior ways.

NO MORE, I said to self. I must embark on Walmart for cat collars.

Eh, the cat collar bells are useless so at Christmas time I stocked up on JINGLE BELLS of all
sizes.

Every so often, a very unlucky bird or squirrel meets his demise by the paws of the ruthless cat hunters.
NO MERCY do they show.

I will admit, I am more pleased than I should be when they kill moles.

Zelda, anyone? » Post #19

Sun Dec 11, 2016 09:49 in General Talk

I was curious because I know I first had a Zelda back in the late 80's, early 90's.

The first Legend of Zelda game appeared on the Famicom Disk System in 1986. It was later converted into a cartridge game for the American NES. The Legend of Zelda, the first game of the series, was first released in Japan on February 21, 1986, on the Famicom Disk System.

Show us your pet » Post #71

Sun Dec 11, 2016 09:30 in General Talk

Hope looks a lot lie my cat Miss Cookie. They have a 'calico' coloring.

FYI » Post #1

Sun Dec 11, 2016 09:24 in Indonesian

Show us your pet » Post #65

Sat Dec 10, 2016 19:33 in General Talk

She is very cute and the beach looks inviting.

My old house cat has one eye and the other eye will soon need to be removed.
He has been bumping into furniture but he is no doubt using his nose more and
discovering how to function without eye sight. He loves to eat too. :lol:

Show us your pet » Post #62

Sat Dec 10, 2016 18:30 in General Talk

If you choose 'Direct Link' and then take that link and click in box here 'Image' and paste the Direct Link image url in, the image will appear here in your post.

Cute dog, little tongue hanging out. The beach looks nice too.

Sugar Overload aka Recipes » Post #21

Sat Dec 10, 2016 15:10 in General Talk

When you UK e uns talk, all I can think of is Robin Hood, castles, bridges with motes, Lady this and Lady that,
and oh so very very proper English.....or........

I think of rock bands or Twiggy.

Show us your pet » Post #57

Sat Dec 10, 2016 14:58 in General Talk

Ya, it is freezing here. Not as bad as the North. It got down to about 16 last night. I feed
the outside cats about 8 in the morning. It was colder than a well diggers butt out. They
weren't too enthused to leave their cozy house to eat. I've had their heating pads plugged
up.

Zelda, anyone? » Post #18

Sat Dec 10, 2016 14:54 in General Talk

perfectshops wrote: My children play games like Pokemon - Black and white, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Sun and Moon etc. on the NDS at a friends house. I am planning to buy one, suggestions anyone :?:

I have had the Gameboy and I have the Nintendo DS. I am presently waiting on the new 3D XL.
All of them have worked fine without any issues at all. The 3D XL has some additional features
such as Netflix and Hulu. I am a Netflix subscriber so that did aid in my decision to go for it. I
know the main clincher for me is that I can play all my DS games on it. Not that I have a room
full but I have ten.

So just be sure to do your research, know all the features each has, and choose the one you
think you will like the best. I do think at this point in time the new one I ordered will be good
since it will play the older games too.

Zelda, anyone? » Post #16

Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:31 in General Talk

I had to look it up 'Pinball Wizard' the movie was in 1975. That really does not seem right to me
as I would have thought more like 1972.

Zelda, anyone? » Post #14

Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:27 in General Talk

Yep if you go way back you can locate games such as the 'Tennis for Two' that was created
in the late 50's.

Games like Pong and PacMan I guess was some of the first arcade games.

I can go back to the mid to late 60's as I use to visit 'The Museum of Science and Industry' in Chicago.
They had some pretty cool things that as kids, we thought would never come into existence. For example
at ten years old, my friend and I liked to go there to sit at a monitor. Her on one side and me on the
other. We would push a button and I could talk and she could see me and vice versa. We thought it so
fun and so very Science Fiction. That was about 1966/1967. They also had a game that I would not
be sworn to call it THE Tennis for Two but it was also at monitors....simple black screen, dots across
the screen as a net with a larger dot bouncing around like a tennis ball. :lol:

About 1970, pinball machines became so popular that eventually a movie was made 'Pinball Wizard'.
I am not sure what year that movie came out. I don't even remember much about it other than
Ann Margaret rolling around in beans and Tommy being blind.

What's the last movie or TV show you saw? » Post #46

Sat Dec 10, 2016 09:52 in General Talk

Sugar Mountain

Another pretty good movie with a good plot.

It's about these two brothers and a girl that is one of the brother's girlfriends.
They are in Alaska and they are in debt. Their boat repossessed. The girl
says I know, let's do something like fake being lost and we can sell the story
to 20/20 and get rich. So the brothers set up food, blankets and stuff in a
cave for the one brother to live there for ten days to pretend he is lost whilst
the girlfriend and other brother act all sad that he is gone missing.

Pretty good movie.

Visit Bangladesh » Post #14

Sat Dec 10, 2016 09:47 in General Talk

Or just a very large bottle of lice away.

Test » Post #11

Sat Dec 10, 2016 09:46 in General Talk

I'll give you all an A simply because I know you are all on sugar overload.

Sugar Overload aka Recipes » Post #14

Sat Dec 10, 2016 09:44 in General Talk

Oh brother. Talk about sugar overload. I think you've all had too much. :o
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Oct 18, 2019 14:46:27 EST