Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

healthy world » Post #22

Sat Apr 08, 2017 06:46 in General Talk

That's not true.

healthy world » Post #15

Fri Apr 07, 2017 14:31 in General Talk

My oldest daughter had breast cancer at a very early age, early 20's.

She had a mastectomy at Vanderbilt hospital in Nashville, Tennessee.

Since she was so young, they wanted to study/research her, so to speak.

What they discovered was she had two recessive genes on a particular strand. I don't recall
all the terminology. They said was common for people to have one recessive gene on that
strand but far less common to have two. She received one of the recessive genes from her
father and one from her mother, me. There was a lot more but this was a major thing they
looked at as a potential.

So now ask me the question. If I could have obliterated that recessive gene from my dna,
would I have done it? My answer would of course be YES.

It's always easy for someone not in the pool of things to say nay but when it hits home, the
answer often changes to yay.

healthy world » Post #11

Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:05 in General Talk

Actually, it's mostly about genetics and mutations along with the human susceptibility to any particular
disease.

You and I could live in the exact same environment, today or any time in history. We could eat the
same foods, live in the same house, do everything exactly the same. One of us might get lung cancer
and the other not, even though neither of us ever smoked and was never exposed to smoke.

Frankenstein, was more on target. :lol:

In other words, Science has focused on curing and obliterating disease and they have did a good
job of it in some aspects. However, they have not focused, until recently, the study of genetics
and DNA susceptibility along with the inability to change mutations on the strands.

Now that we know most of what happens to us (disease wise) is based on our DNA and susceptibility,
we have to discover how we can change our own DNA.

THAT is exactly where the CONFLICT comes in.

healthy world » Post #9

Fri Apr 07, 2017 09:45 in General Talk

rajukurup wrote:
valerie wrote: Not true.

All that you mentioned has always existed. Cancer, Diabetes, etc. It's always existed.

it is true that these diseases existed I meant that the number was comparatively less than that of today .in old times these diseases were rare but now these diseases are spreading like fire if we take a particular family any where in the world at least one would have it which is an impact of modernization

No they were not rare. They were very rampant.

In addition, much research has been done in cancer and many lives have been saved today
due to new research and meds.

It has also been stated and many researchers agree, that cancer is mostly hereditary.

healthy world » Post #6

Fri Apr 07, 2017 08:29 in General Talk

Not true.

All that you mentioned has always existed. Cancer, Diabetes, etc. It's always existed.

healthy world » Post #4

Fri Apr 07, 2017 06:54 in General Talk

Yeah, people are healthier today and they do live longer in general then in years past.

They did not have Trade way back then. Even when Trade started by ships, much of the food was rotten
or tainted by rats by the time it got where it was going.

Using the States as an example, Florida may have fruits such as oranges but New York did not have oranges.
So before there was Trade or Shipments of any kind, people were destined to eat only what they could harvest
in their area.

I believe this is also why 'meat' became a large source of food. If you lived in cold climates about the
only source of food you had was 'meat' and/or 'fish'.

People did not have a balance of vitamins and nutritions to prevent or fight off diseases and sickness.

Of course, medicine/doctors were not about much back in the dark ages, either.

SUPERSTITION » Post #4

Fri Apr 07, 2017 04:59 in General Talk

all caps is not allowed

Today 361.90 dollars , wow ....tasman1 » Post #2

Thu Apr 06, 2017 21:11 in General Talk

Eat a bunch

I do not understand....tasman1 » Post #3

Thu Apr 06, 2017 16:51 in General Talk

Yeah, it is insane.

For example a sugary drink may cost $1.00 and a sugar free drink may cost $1.00.

One would think if they take the sugar out, it would be $0.75.

Where they really get people is single people.

A single person might want an 8 oz can of beans instead of a 16 oz can of beans.

Often the 8 oz can will cost as much or more as the 16 oz.

16 oz = $1.00
8 oz = $1.02

:shock:

Remember to Blur Trans ID in Skrill etc. » Post #1

Thu Apr 06, 2017 16:46 in Payment Proofs

Remember to blur or delete the transaction ids from your payment proofs including Skrill.

Thanks

Proof World is Doomed » Post #18

Thu Apr 06, 2017 14:18 in General Talk

I like material things.

The way I see it, I am only here one time. No one has ever proven me wrong.

So while I am here, I enjoy material things but I only go with what I can afford.

Proof World is Doomed » Post #14

Thu Apr 06, 2017 08:24 in General Talk

Yeah I think that is changing at least some what, in some schools.

Every year of school, children should be required to have a life skill class.

Take the kids to the bank, the hospital, the nursing home, the animal shelter, real estate office, etc.

Best Zombie Movie Ever! » Post #3

Thu Apr 06, 2017 06:26 in General Talk

Completely unexpected » Post #10

Thu Apr 06, 2017 06:16 in General Talk

pindokhan123 wrote: yeah roosters are a pain in da butt trust me,had a rooster used to wake us up in the crack of dawn,my husband got so fed up one day ,he said right im going to get him then you cook him later,i persuaded him not too coz i did find it a bit cruel,an animal you have kept for sometime will end up on the dinner table so Mr rooster had a few more months of frollicking before i ended up one morning saying to my hubby,go and get him i had enuf.................... it took a good while to catch the bugger coz i think he knew he had it coming,eventually by the time i got up,my husband had it all plucked and chopped ,ready for a nice chicken curry :D

The solution of the world.

Best Zombie Movie Ever! » Post #1

Thu Apr 06, 2017 06:13 in General Talk

WOW!

I had been putting off watching 'Train to Busan' since it is sub titled and I hate 'reading' movies.

Last night I took the plunge and I couldn't believe how good that movie is.

At the near end I was blubbering like a baby. :mrgreen:

I think it should win an Oscar.

Proof World is Doomed » Post #11

Wed Apr 05, 2017 16:21 in General Talk

I think credit is a good thing. It's a very good thing. It's just that today more so than ever before,
I believe too many people have gone way over their heads with credit that it has the reverse affect
and they get deeper in debt.

Proof World is Doomed » Post #9

Wed Apr 05, 2017 06:39 in General Talk

They don't teach real life skills in school and they should from an early age on up.

A house is the largest expense most people will ever have in their life.

I have some old friends in Chicago land that married a couple of years after I did back in about 1975.
They are still married, have two grown sons. They bought a house shortly after they married and they
still live in that house today. About 40 years in the same house. Not a fancy house. Just a good solid
average 3 bedroom house in a good neighborhood. She has worked the same job for over 40 years.
Her husband more or less did too but now he is retired, has diabetes.

The point I am making is, they bought a house they could afford and kept the future in mind when they
bought it. It was not a huge house but large enough to raise a couple of children and close to their jobs.
Their house was paid off years ago. Now that he is retired and she is soon to be retired, they have no
financial concerns. They saved and invested all their lives and have great retirement incomes.

Most people do not focus on their future like they did. They used common sense and did not go above
their heads.

Drat! Auto Sale Scamsters! » Post #10

Wed Apr 05, 2017 06:11 in General Talk

It will come in handy when I want to go camping and/or travel/vacation.

Time in Jail » Post #14

Wed Apr 05, 2017 06:03 in General Talk

My older sister got a DUI years ago and she had to spend weekends in jail for 4 weekends.
She would check in on Friday evening and check out on Sunday evenings.

They let her bring snacks in, radio, and books.

She said she looked forward to it every weekend that it was like a vacation. She could relax,
read her books, eat her snacks, and even meals served directly to her jail cell. :mrgreen:

Proof World is Doomed » Post #4

Tue Apr 04, 2017 21:06 in General Talk

Credit may have been a good thing at one time but I tell ya, I don't think so any more.

I'm talking about every day average income people.

I know kids got to start some where but I think not just kids, adults too, need to start out very small if
they need loans such as car or house. This is also how you build good credit.

No doubt it is crazier now than ever before.

When you drive by a huge house, just know they probably have a huge mortgage too.
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Apr 2, 2020 02:14:24 EST