Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

Interesting Article by Jaweed Kaleem » Post #1

Sat Mar 14, 2020 08:20 in General Talk

This is the last portion of an interview/article by Jaweed Kaleem that I read in my todays Apple News.
It was very interesting article and I think it is from the L.A. Times if you want to google it and read the
full article. This article stems around a man name David and his wife that are Mormons living in a remote
area of Mormons in the USA. They have been stocking supplies for many years and have enough supplies
to last over 4 years.

A few years ago, David watched the film "World War Z," the 2013 thriller in which Brad Pitt plays a U.N. worker battling a rapidly spreading virus that turns people into zombies. He thought of the movie recently. Date night was coming up, and he suggested they could study the film once more. When he first saw it, he took notes on “lessons learned.”
This week, he reviewed those lessons once more:
Your government won't tell you until it is too late... Have a bug-out bag. Don't go shopping with all the other desperate people. Bad people turn worse quickly...The police aren't going to help. YOYO = You’re on your own.
Some good people will always be good. Have a HAM or sideband radio… Not everyone is going to make it... If you can fight, fight. Help each other. Don't leave the house without your medications.
Don't live in a big city. Be aware of what is going on around you... Wherever you live, have an exit plan... Keep informed. You'll find out how important your family really is to you.
Learn how to improvise... Make sure you are talking to the person in charge... Be prepared for anything.
Our war has just begun.

My experience inside Walmart today USA - FYI » Post #6

Sat Mar 14, 2020 06:44 in General Talk

If I see a falling star, I'll wish for a toilet paper making machine.

I'd make a fortune over-night.

Vertigo , just back from hospital...tasman1 » Post #8

Sat Mar 14, 2020 06:40 in General Talk

My sister recently had an issue with her ear and she was some what unbalanced.
Her problem was some kind of buildup in her ear, like wax. They made her ear
very sore trying to get it out. Eventually she was given a prescription for drops
to put in her ear to loosen whatever it was. She then went back a few days
later and they were able to remove it.

I some times bounce off the walls when I get up in the morning. Boing! Boing! Boing!

My experience inside Walmart today USA - FYI » Post #4

Sat Mar 14, 2020 06:33 in General Talk

No, don't want Scurvy. lol lol lol

Gun sales are UP in the USA.

I expect at some near point to hear on the news that someone was robbed
of their toilet paper, at gunpoint. HANDS UP! GIMMIE ALL YOUR TOILET PAPER!!! :o

It's official - 4.5 billion people to die of virus » Post #22

Sat Mar 14, 2020 06:26 in General Talk

I did in fact do a survey on the virus and it did NOT apply the reward! :twisted:

I did submit the screenshot so I know I will be paid for it. That was yesterday
and it did discourage me. So yesterday was the first day this year I did not
make the daily bonus and had a big fat 0.

Fentanyl @Darkstar2 » Post #4

Sat Mar 14, 2020 06:14 in General Talk

Yes fentanyl is the standard for that type of surgery but I wasn't sure what it
was until I ask.

I can't see very well.

That's why they do one eye one week and the other eye the next week. I was
rescheduled so actually I had two weeks before I had to go back for the surgery
on my left eye.

I am nearsighted but I am told not to wear my glasses. I wear the very dark
glasses they give me when outdoors.

I go back in April for eye exam and they will give me a prescription at that time.
I can then take the prescription to whatever eye glass place I want for new glasses.

So during this time, my sister drives when I need to go some where.

But I do see better our of my right eye now. Before I could only see the giant E
but now I can see 4 rows down of letters. Without glasses.

I am one of those nearsighted people that only wore my glasses for driving,
watching tv, or really needing to see something at distance. Now tho, I need
readers or bifocals to see close up. So I can see the font on the computer
monitor. I enlarge it.

covid-19 » Post #9

Sat Mar 14, 2020 06:02 in General Talk

Have you ever viewed that street market in China?

It makes me cry. It is worse than your absolute worse nightmare.

Blood in the streets. Blood running off the tables. Dead dogs laying
in the street. Dead dogs skinned and on tables. Dogs alive chain
and caged waiting for their cruel slaughter. Raw meats and skinned
rats and raw fish of all sorts, and it is nothing short of HORRIFIC.

It makes me cry just thinking about it. I love animals and nature.
I understand that there may be people starving and will eat anything.
However, there really is a humane clean way to go about it.

I hate the China government for allowing such a market to exist and
allowing domestic animals to be abused and slaughtered.

My experience inside Walmart today USA - FYI » Post #1

Fri Mar 13, 2020 19:28 in General Talk

This morning I had eye surgery but after that, my sister and I went to the super Walmart.

March 13th
The Walmart was extremely crowded. Many of the shelves were close to empty. There
was still a large amount of products. The toilet paper/paper towel isle had no stock at
all. There was one Walmart worker at one end of the isle and another at the other end,
keeping traffic out of the isle while a guy opened some box's and placed some toilet
paper and paper towels on the shelf. It did not fill the shelves and was a small amount.
It wasn't 5 minutes and the shelves was empty again.

Most of the ground coffee in the cans, was shelf empty. Many powdered coffee creamers
gone too.

No dry beans left. White and brown rice gone. Few Minute Rice box left.

Almost all dry oats gone. Low on many can goods.

Although still a lot of frozen foods, they were in fact out or very low on some frozen foods
such as tv type dinners, pot pies, and some brands of pizzas.

Normally stockers stock the shelves on the midnight shift. There were stockers stocking
shelves today, on the day shift. However, it does not look like they even came close to
keeping up with demand.

Of course, products like 'bleach, hand sanitizers, antibacterial soaps, etc, are totally gone
from the shelves.

My sister and I and another woman, got the last bottles of vitamin C that was on the shelf.
Usually there are many brands. All we could find was 3 bottles so each of us put one in
our cart. Small bottles at that.

Fentanyl @Darkstar2 » Post #1

Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:36 in General Talk

it is Fentanyl they gave me for both surgeries.

This morning he also gave me something for nausea in my iv. Zopan.
So today went a lot better for me. No nausea, no puking.

It's official - 4.5 billion people to die of virus » Post #6

Fri Mar 13, 2020 04:28 in General Talk

The last thing we need is money hungry wacko conspiracy theorists.

It's official - 4.5 billion people to die of virus » Post #4

Fri Mar 13, 2020 04:12 in General Talk

Where are you reading this stuff?

The 144,000 people is stated in Revelations. They are not missing.

Getting more n more emails like this (virus) » Post #10

Thu Mar 12, 2020 18:06 in General Talk

Oh yeah the Norovirus can kill you faster than anything and there is NO cure for it.
That is very prevalent in many areas of third world country where they wash, drink,
and go to the bathroom in the same water. It doesn't take much feces to kill you.

Getting more n more emails like this (virus) » Post #9

Thu Mar 12, 2020 18:03 in General Talk

Well here is what I think about that.....

Shouldn't all these places be cleaned thoroughly and consistently anyway!

Getting more n more emails like this (virus) » Post #7

Thu Mar 12, 2020 17:54 in General Talk

Dear Customer,

Keeping you and our associates safe is a top priority, so we wanted to share the steps we’re taking in response to coronavirus. With help from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as our own Chief Medical Officer, we’re developing preventative measures to maintain a clean, healthy environment in our stores.

First and foremost, we’ve ramped up cleaning efforts. Stores are cleaned daily, with sanitizing solutions used in high-touch, high-traffic areas. We also have associates dedicated to cleaning key areas throughout the day, and we’re sending additional supplies they can use at registers and on shopping carts.

Second, we’re dedicated to keeping stores stocked and prices fair. We’re working hard to replenish cleaning supplies, paper products, and other in-demand items as quickly as possible—and at our everyday low prices. We’re taking a firm stance against price gouging from third-party sellers, so if you see it happening, please report your concern here.

Third, we’ve asked associates who aren’t feeling well to refrain from coming in. We’ve also shared a new policy with them that provides extra flexibility to stay home, as well as pay options and support if they are affected by the virus.

Finally, we want to remind you that there are lots of great ways to shop with Walmart. You may want to consider trying online delivery or store pickup options, as well as our app’s Walmart Pay feature, which you can use when checking out at the register.

As always, we’re grateful for the opportunity to serve you. Rest assured, we’re doing everything in our power to provide a safe shopping experience for our customers and a healthy environment for our associates and communities. Find even more information here.

Sincerely,
Walmart

Getting more n more emails like this (virus) » Post #5

Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:54 in General Talk

Well nooooo not spam.

What I am receiving I am subscribed to in regards to stores and companies.

For example I am in fact subscribed to McDonalds. They may send me an
email relaying buy a large coffee for such and such price until such and such
date.

I am just pointing out a fact that these places of business are attempting to
keep their business during times of fear such as this virus.

You see if customers wane, employees wane, and that means less money
circulating.

covid-19 » Post #4

Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:35 in General Talk

Maybe it all goes to show how dumb humanity really is and we still do not learn our lessons.

Before anyone goes from one country to another or ships products from one country to another,
by land, air, or sea, precautions should always be taken.

We already check for terrorists before boarding airplanes. Now do we not see we need to check
for far more than that!

Getting more n more emails like this (virus) » Post #3

Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:32 in General Talk

What I mean is, I am getting emails from various companies and stores, stating
how they are keeping the virus at bay by cleaning consistently.

Nothing shady about those. I am just displaying these companies and stores are
already focusing on keeping their customers. They don't want to lose business
due to fears.

Sensex crashed » Post #10

Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:28 in General Talk

I don't think it is a good idea to keep a lot of money in the bank.
The bank is never going to give you much interest.

For me, my best investments have always been in precious metals (gold and silver),
land, and housing.

Don't go selling your gold unless you are starving.

PS. I am very fond of diamonds, also. :D

Sensex crashed » Post #3

Thu Mar 12, 2020 08:48 in General Talk

Don't sell your gold! :P

Getting more n more emails like this (virus) » Post #1

Thu Mar 12, 2020 08:46 in General Talk

Dear Valued Customer,

On behalf of McDonald's® USA, I want to assure you that in times of uncertainty, the safety of our customers and people remains our highest priority.

Please know that we are keeping those affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) in our thoughts while we closely watch the evolving situation.

In the meantime, I want to inform you of the proactive steps McDonald’s and our franchisees are taking to ensure the safety in our restaurants across all our communities – in proactive partnership with local and national health authorities.

For more than 65 years, McDonald's values of quality, service, and cleanliness have endured. Today, that same commitment guides all our actions. Specifically, we are:

Adhering to our industry-leading, cleaning procedures in every restaurant, every day.
Ensuring high-touch areas such as ordering kiosks, pick-up counters and restrooms get more frequent cleanings.
Enhancing our McDelivery® procedures to ensure order packaging remains safe before we fill it with your favorite items so you can enjoy McDonald’s at home.
Supporting employees in staying home from work if they are sick so they can rest and recover.
More than ever, we are proud to honor our commitment to cleanliness so you feel confident dining with us.

We sincerely thank you for your continued business, and above all, for your trust in the Golden Arches.

Joe Erlinger signature
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Apr 7, 2020 21:43:52 EST