Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

This blows my mind! » Post #36

Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:06 in General Talk

Yep, I love my dentists also.

It's a very modern facility, all top of the line equipment. Plus, they play rock n roll music. :lol:

There are many reasons why a tooth may need extraction. It could be due to a disease such as
gingivitis. It could be due to another disease entirely not to do with the mouth but affects it just
the same.

Chipped and Cracked teeth can often not be capped or filed and therefore need extraction.

Some teeth may protrude in a way that will affect other teeth (this was the reason for my upper
tooth extraction. It was mostly filling and protruding outward from the gum).

Infection of one or more teeth may result in extraction. If infected teeth are left in place, the
infection can result in gum disease, bone loss, and even affect other parts of the body.

A lot of people tend to think old people are going to have bad teeth. That is not necessarily true.
Heredity has a lot to do with your teeth as it does with most everything else.

Right smack in the middle lower front, I had teeth that were becoming more and more loose.
It was best to get those out before they became infected.

My sister that is about 5 years older than I, she does not have any teeth at all. She has dentures
but does not wear them.

It is very important to take care of your teeth. We can't do anything about heredity but we can
do our best to keep them clean and have regular dental visits.

In regards to multiple dental visits in my case, there is no additional fees. They don't charge
office visits. It's important to allow the gums to recede before taking impressions. It's also
very important to make sure the partials are correctly fitted. Many dentists do not take that
kind of care and that is why many people have ill fitting dentures/partials.

This blows my mind! » Post #32

Sat Aug 22, 2020 07:05 in General Talk

PS Good time to have teeth removed due to pandemic. Wear a mask and no one
knows you have teeth gone.

This blows my mind! » Post #31

Sat Aug 22, 2020 07:02 in General Talk

I had 4 on the bottom removed. 4 in the front.
I now have only 3 teeth left on the bottom.

I had 1 removed on the top near the back.
Now I have 8 left on the top.

The top looks ok. I have all the front teeth.

It's fun to look at myself in the mirror and make vampire faces. :roll:

No, it didn't hurt and takes very little time to actually pull them out.
They insert numbing medication (novocaine or something similar) into the
gums.

I've got about 6 more trips to make. I go back for teeth cleaning and to
remove an old filling and place new filling. Then I go back for an impression
to be made for partials. Then I go back after the impression comes in to
make sure it is right. Then I go back for the partials when they are ready.
Then if anything is not right with the partial, not comfortable, not look how
I want them to look, etc, they send them back for any changes. Then I go
back and finally get them.

It will probably be next year before I have the partials.

I'm getting the 'flex partials' and those they must wait til the gum swelling
goes down before making the impression. My appointment is not until mid
November just to do the impression.

This blows my mind! » Post #27

Fri Aug 21, 2020 19:56 in General Talk

I had 5 teeth extracted today.

Not mind blowing but I now look like a vampire. :oops:

The jelly bean challenge..... » Post #18

Thu Aug 20, 2020 14:19 in General Talk

wildbillhickok wrote: Almost everything I know I learned using internet. :thumbup:

All I have to say about Jack and Jill problem is: why would not Jack wait for Jill?
Did they had a misunderstanding? Were they on a race, competing with each other?

Did Jack purposely untied her shoes to win this hypothetical race? See how he doesn't stop for her. Of course, assuming that they know each other.

It wasn't that Jack wasn't waiting for Jill.

It was Jack busy watching Spot run!

The jelly bean challenge..... » Post #5

Mon Aug 17, 2020 20:52 in General Talk

tasman1 wrote: None , I ate rest

Tell him 0.

Pasta Sauce explosion ........tasman1 » Post #9

Fri Aug 14, 2020 14:06 in General Talk

I don't grow veggies any more but my sisters family grows a lot on their farm.
So in the summer months I get a lot of veggies given to me from them. Tomatoes,
cucumbers, zucchini, yellow squash, beans, etc.

Pasta Sauce explosion ........tasman1 » Post #7

Fri Aug 14, 2020 13:14 in General Talk

Glass pasta sauce jars have a flat screw lid. It's actually one of the easiest types to open.

I wouldn't order items that may result in damage, especially in the hot summer months.

Yes, food items can burst or explode easily in this heat. Say it is 110 degrees outside and
then add to that the heat inside the package and add to that the heat inside the delivery
trucks.

Fifth payment » Post #2

Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:27 in Your Stats

Your post is not pertaining to Stats so do please remember to read the forum rules
and post in the correct sub forum.

webcam surveys safe or not » Post #8

Thu Aug 13, 2020 21:35 in General Talk

The webcam surveys I have taken are geared at following your eyes.
It's usually very brief. For example, it ask a few questions, then have you turn on your
webcam and you follow a dot around with your eyes. After that, they display a product
or a brief video. As soon as that is over, the webcam is turned off.

I assume they want to see what you are looking at exactly. Where your eyes tend to
fall on the product.

Pasta Sauce explosion ........tasman1 » Post #5

Thu Aug 13, 2020 21:30 in General Talk

I don't know what Coles is but I assume some kind of grocery store.

There is some grocery items I won't order because it is too easy to be damaged.
Also there is certain times of the year I won't order certain products.

Items in a glass jar, I would choose to go inside the store and buy it.

In the summer when it is very hot, it's not a good idea to order items that might melt
or explode from the heat. Delivery trucks are generally not air conditioned but in the
cab for the driver, not in the trailer.

I'm like a squirrel, stocking up for the winter. I have 24 jars of pasta sauce but I bought
them all inside the store (at different days of course).

webcam surveys safe or not » Post #4

Thu Aug 13, 2020 13:29 in General Talk

Also, fake mustache is good and some of those big fake bushy eyebrows.

$12 from Peanutlab » Post #4

Thu Aug 13, 2020 13:26 in Success Stories

Looks he/she got paid what was stated. Good thing it wasn't .44 cents.

webcam surveys safe or not » Post #2

Thu Aug 13, 2020 07:39 in General Talk

I like webcam surveys.

See Future in few words.....tasman1 » Post #39

Wed Aug 12, 2020 18:28 in General Talk

I think we should all go back to horse and buggy and eliminate airplanes completely.
Plus, everyone stay in their own country and forget trade, make do with what you got.

What music/song are you listening now? » Post #128

Wed Aug 12, 2020 15:22 in General Talk

See Future in few words.....tasman1 » Post #37

Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:02 in General Talk

Nikorj wrote:
valerie wrote: There's a lot wrong with some of the statements in this topic.

Vegans: Most vegans do not march in the streets, nor write articles, not shame people. I don't eat meat but my family does and I don't shame them. I do tell people how I feel about it IF they ask. I don't classify animals with vegetables and I don't classify animals with trees/paper. Those are completely different subjects.

Main Problems with Eating Meat: The main problems with eating meat is the production and over indulgence. What most people are eating in regards to meat, is animals that have been abused and fattened with steroids and various chemicals. There are people that consistently eat meat many times per day. Dare I mention the fast food joints. One in Three people get cancer in the USA at some point in their life time. Many people eat to eat. They no longer eat to live.

People are killing this planet. Mass producing animals, abusing animals, slaughtering animals, and destroying themselves bit by bit in the process.

In regards to Jesus time, they mainly ate vegetables, breads, beans, figs, fruits, fish.

I'm talking about the vegan party and not vegans in general, Most vegans are not shaming anyone.

The solution is not to ban meat, But to lower the consumption and make sure the animals are treated tight.

But Val!!, There are some vegans which i would prefer calling the "Holy Ones", That absolutely can't tolerate anything besides their own opinion.

Well that goes with most anything, wouldn't you say?

This blows my mind! » Post #24

Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:42 in General Talk

I don't have any knowledge about the homeless in Canada but the homeless in the USA
do not need to go to the bathroom on themselves. I think the only way they would do that is
if they are sick or mentally unsound. There are restrooms every where in the USA. There is
also accommodations for homeless in major cities such as free shower and toilet bathrooms,
church's and many accommodations for the homeless such as homeless shelters. In more rural
areas the same pretty much exists including the oceans, lakes, rivers, and bath houses in those
areas. Even plenty of rest stops have rest rooms and showers free use.

In the USA if you are homeless, there are accommodations and there is help for those that really
don't want to be homeless. That doesn't mean they are going to get a new house. It does mean
there are homeless shelters and people that will work with them to find them employment. We
have something called 'Half Way Houses' in the USA that are based on different situations such as
prisoners with no where to go/preparedness homes in addition to rehab housing that helps prepare
homeless people for jobs.

Homeless people in the USA comprise a large variety of people. Everyone from run away teens to
illegal immigrants. There are some people that have never worked a day in their lives but for the most
part that is not true of legal residents unless they are teens. Even so, like I said, the USA has a
variety of programs, shelters, half way houses, etc. Of course, if you have never worked, you would
not receive retirement benefits. However, you may be eligible for other funds.

I am not sure what you mean by try an experiment. :lol:
I am not a homeless person and I choose to not be a homeless person.
If you want to try your experiment, go for it. :mrgreen:

The funny thing is, Darkstar2, there is businesses right now screaming for help, wanting applicants,
needing workers. Walmart is hiring, fast food joints is hiring, Big box stores like Home Depot, Lowes
is hiring, every where I look, they are hiring.

You can look at it any way you want but in the USA, if you are a legal resident (and usually even if you
are not), there is jobs available. So unless YOU CHOOSE to be homeless, that is YOUR CHOICE. No
one can help you if you have chosen to live homeless.

A lot of people in America that are homeless, have chosen to be homeless. Those that want a home,
they go out and get a job, they work, they seek help, they save, they eventually get an apartment or
become a room mate, there are grants and scholarships and educational opportunities about....there
are business screaming for apprentice workers, roofers, construction, and tons of jobs in America.

See Future in few words.....tasman1 » Post #33

Wed Aug 12, 2020 07:25 in General Talk

There's a lot wrong with some of the statements in this topic.

Vegans: Most vegans do not march in the streets, nor write articles, not shame people. I don't eat meat but my family does and I don't shame them. I do tell people how I feel about it IF they ask. I don't classify animals with vegetables and I don't classify animals with trees/paper. Those are completely different subjects.

Main Problems with Eating Meat: The main problems with eating meat is the production and over indulgence. What most people are eating in regards to meat, is animals that have been abused and fattened with steroids and various chemicals. There are people that consistently eat meat many times per day. Dare I mention the fast food joints. One in Three people get cancer in the USA at some point in their life time. Many people eat to eat. They no longer eat to live.

People are killing this planet. Mass producing animals, abusing animals, slaughtering animals, and destroying themselves bit by bit in the process.

In regards to Jesus time, they mainly ate vegetables, breads, beans, figs, fruits, fish.

This blows my mind! » Post #22

Tue Aug 11, 2020 08:56 in General Talk

PS. Homeless people even get covid-19 stimulus checks.
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Sep 27, 2020 21:58:19 EST