Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

All Supermarkets & Malls closed » Post #9

Sun Mar 15, 2020 17:03 in General Talk

Well, they can't guess at it officially. It has to be checked. Yep, it could be a staff
person that has the virus.

March 15th - Walmart and local stores » Post #5

Sun Mar 15, 2020 17:02 in General Talk

Really! That's interesting they would do that.

Fentanyl @Darkstar2 » Post #8

Sun Mar 15, 2020 16:59 in General Talk

I'm nearsighted so I have never been able to see well at a distance.

At my age, I now don't see good close up, I must use readers and or glasses with bifocals.

I had cataracts which is like trying to look through fog.

Just because a person is nearsighted does not mean they are blind. They can still see and
some see better than others, of course. Add cataracts to that, the sight is worse.

Once the cataracts are removed, sight improves considerably but of course the nearsighted
eyes are still going to be nearsighted....unless one opts for laser surgery.

Anyway, I am very glad I had it done and I am especially glad I did the surgery before all
this coronavirus started. I can say I wish I had done it a couple of months sooner. I have
to go back April 7th for my eye test and prescription so that I can get new glasses. Who
knows where we'll be with this virus on April 7th.

covid-19 » Post #12

Sun Mar 15, 2020 16:48 in General Talk

I dunno. I guess some areas of China are extremely poor. Many of them eat anything and
they eat it any which way, dead or alive. There was a Chinese girl on Facebook trying to eat
a raw octopus and it bit her on the face. They eat a lot of stuff alive, especially various fish.

March 15th - Walmart and local stores » Post #3

Sun Mar 15, 2020 16:41 in General Talk

I don't use powered coffee creamers.

I use powdered milk for baking/cooking.

Since it is just me, I usually don't cook or bake much and neither do I
drink milk per se. Normally I buy a box that has several powder milk
packets.

I put milk in the freezer some times. I have a large deep freezer. My
sister does the same and I know a lot of people that do. So I imagine
that is what people are doing, buying large quantities of milk and placing
in their freezers.

March 15th - Walmart and local stores » Post #1

Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:11 in General Talk

My sister and I went to the big Walmart today. Both of us had some prescription meds to pick up.
I was wanting some powdered milk.

It being Sunday especially, Walmart was extremely busy. Many isles with stockers opening box's
trying to put product on the shelves.

No milk. I was surprised at that. Walmart has a huge long refrigerator case that is always jammed
with milk. There was few milk alternatives as most of those were sold out too. I wanted powdered
milk but it was sold out also.

No bread. All the loaf bread was gone. There was some packed rolls, that was about it.

Low Can Soup. Almost all gone.

No Toilet Paper nor Paper Towels.

Cold Cereals. I was really surprised at that, very low and most brands all sold out.

Dish Detergents. Almost all gone.

Laundry Detergents. Very low with most brands gone.

No sanitizers, anti bacterial products of any kind.

Fresh Meat. Some areas totally empty.

Frozen Pizza's. Almost all gone.

Frozen foods, very low, some items totally gone, only thing seemingly had a good supply of was ice cream.

We went to a local smaller grocery to look for dry milk. They were out.

Walmarts are normally open 24/7 but now Walmart's are closing the doors at 11:00 pm. I have
a feeling they may begin closing earlier than that. Also, Walmart is taking priority over which of
their Walmarts to stock the more needed items.

All Supermarkets & Malls closed » Post #6

Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:56 in General Talk

A newborn baby in the hospital was found to have coronavirus and so is her mother.
At the moment, they don't know if the baby got it from her mother while in the womb
or what.

My experience inside Walmart today USA - FYI » Post #21

Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:54 in General Talk

I would guess if people do not have toilet paper nor wipes, they would generally use
a wash cloth. Perhaps it would be a good time to cut up those old clothes and use
for rags.

My experience inside Walmart today USA - FYI » Post #16

Sun Mar 15, 2020 06:48 in General Talk

Did you hear about the guy that drove 1300 miles going in every store buying all the
hand sanitizer and then was selling it on Amazon at a very high price? Amazon deleted
his seller account and now he has $17,000 thousand dollars worth of hand sanitizer in
his garage. He stated maybe he could sell it to his neighbors. If I was a neighbor of his,
I would never buy anything from him.

My experience inside Walmart today USA - FYI » Post #15

Sun Mar 15, 2020 06:45 in General Talk

Actually, the shelves are running out of dog food too.

Fentanyl @Darkstar2 » Post #6

Sun Mar 15, 2020 06:39 in General Talk

The opposite.

Because I can see better, I need new glasses.

Cataract surgery removes the clouded lens. Cataracts due tend to form as we age.
The lens becomes cloudy. Driving at night becomes almost impossible. Nothing is
crystal clear. Depending on how bad the cataract is, your sight may be very blurry.

I chose to have the cataract surgery now. I could have waited until it become much
worse. There would be no point in waiting, however. Once you have cataract surgery,
you never need to have it again.

They make tiny incisions to remove the cataract and insert new lens to the eye.

Well like any surgery, you may risk complications. Some people never have any
problems after cataract surgery and some people do.

They had me look at the eye chart, of my right eye that was done a couple of weeks
ago. I could see 4 almost 5 lines down. Before the surgery with my right eye, I
could only see the top line.....a giant E.

I'm glad I had it done. My sister had cataract surgery ten years ago and she does
not have any issues. My husband, he was older than me, he had one eye done that
was really bad and a few years later, had the other eye done. He never had any
complications at all.

So, like all decisions, one may weigh the pros and cons.

It's official - 4.5 billion people to die of virus » Post #27

Sat Mar 14, 2020 21:31 in General Talk

I had surgery yesterday and I was really sleepy and tired.

So after being booted from some of the surveys and that one not paying, I
said the heck with it.

Vertigo , just back from hospital...tasman1 » Post #19

Sat Mar 14, 2020 17:49 in General Talk

Why am I envisioning a BigFoot, upside down on a table, with it's head spinning around, whilst it eats a banana?

It's official - 4.5 billion people to die of virus » Post #25

Sat Mar 14, 2020 14:47 in General Talk

Sounds like Italy has the toughest battle right now.

In the USA only 1 State does not have confirmed virus yet.... West Virginia.

Vertigo , just back from hospital...tasman1 » Post #11

Sat Mar 14, 2020 14:45 in General Talk

You better hang on to your walker until they tell you otherwise.

What kind of therapy are they going to have you do?

Getting more n more emails like this (virus) » Post #11

Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:11 in General Talk

From a well know pizza chain, email today:

Your delivery expert will place your order on a safe and clean surface in the location specified in the Delivery Instructions.
The delivery expert will move back to a safe distance and wait until you arrive.

My experience inside Walmart today USA - FYI » Post #10

Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:09 in General Talk

Well not everything comes from China but yes a lot of products do.

In regards to staying clean and healthy, I suppose toilet paper, paper towels, anti-bacterial products,
are ranking at the top of store products.

Still, I would guess to say, most people in the USA are looking at this virus as a short term
pandemic that will last a few weeks to a month or two. I can see this IS beginning to change
but at the start of the virus, the items to keep ones self clean and household germ free, is
the products that flew off the shelves first. That made sense because like I said, probably
most people in the USA buy enough quantity only to last them one week in normal conditions.
So when this virus hit and people began buying toilet paper and cleaning supplies, it set
the thoughts in motion 'I better buy this now too in case I get sick and need to stay home
for several weeks'.

At least in regards to the USA, that is all people were really buying up, was the cleaning
products/toilet paper/paper towels.

But now, many people in the USA are taking it more seriously and seeing it is something
that could last months or years before a preventive is created. The other items started
flying off the shelves such as beans, oats, rice, and can goods.

The small stores are now beginning to take a hit. Stores in small towns, Dollar General
Stores, etc. We went there today in my town. Many of their products are low or out.

Some items in the USA not hit hard yet in my area (I am in a Southern State), milk,
fresh meat, frozen fish, bread, crackers, junk food.

My experience inside Walmart today USA - FYI » Post #8

Sat Mar 14, 2020 08:26 in General Talk

I do understand it and it does truly make sense, altho, yes it is funny.

Normally people would shop for toilet paper, maybe once per week or two.

Well if they have to be in their homes for more than a week or several, they
can't get needed necessities as they normally would. Most toilet paper is
made in China so also, getting those products to other countries might be
delayed, to say the least, during this pandemic.

Interesting Article by Jaweed Kaleem » Post #1

Sat Mar 14, 2020 08:20 in General Talk

This is the last portion of an interview/article by Jaweed Kaleem that I read in my todays Apple News.
It was very interesting article and I think it is from the L.A. Times if you want to google it and read the
full article. This article stems around a man name David and his wife that are Mormons living in a remote
area of Mormons in the USA. They have been stocking supplies for many years and have enough supplies
to last over 4 years.

A few years ago, David watched the film "World War Z," the 2013 thriller in which Brad Pitt plays a U.N. worker battling a rapidly spreading virus that turns people into zombies. He thought of the movie recently. Date night was coming up, and he suggested they could study the film once more. When he first saw it, he took notes on “lessons learned.”
This week, he reviewed those lessons once more:
Your government won't tell you until it is too late... Have a bug-out bag. Don't go shopping with all the other desperate people. Bad people turn worse quickly...The police aren't going to help. YOYO = You’re on your own.
Some good people will always be good. Have a HAM or sideband radio… Not everyone is going to make it... If you can fight, fight. Help each other. Don't leave the house without your medications.
Don't live in a big city. Be aware of what is going on around you... Wherever you live, have an exit plan... Keep informed. You'll find out how important your family really is to you.
Learn how to improvise... Make sure you are talking to the person in charge... Be prepared for anything.
Our war has just begun.

My experience inside Walmart today USA - FYI » Post #6

Sat Mar 14, 2020 06:44 in General Talk

If I see a falling star, I'll wish for a toilet paper making machine.

I'd make a fortune over-night.
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Apr 16, 2021 15:27:09 EST