Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

Drat! Auto Sale Scamsters! » Post #2

Mon Apr 03, 2017 20:07 in General Talk

Now I tell you, the vehicle she described and displayed, is worth far more than $1,800. To top it off,
paying for delivery of the vehicle included! In addition, I know that the listing plainly stated for Jackson, TN.
ALSO, for that low dollar, anyone in her neighborhood would buy it for that low price.

I also did a search for her name, nothing came up. However, a lame photo came up (google email) that
could be anyone.

Just remember, if it looks too good to be true, it really might be.

Drat! Auto Sale Scamsters! » Post #1

Mon Apr 03, 2017 20:02 in General Talk

I've started to keep an eye out for a motor travel trailer. Nothing huge, mind you. Something that
I can easily drive and manage but still have all the necessities, such as shower, stove, bed, etc.

New RV's are very expensive.

Not that I am searching every day or in a mad rush because I am not.

The other day I happened on some RV listings online. I put in my nearby cities for location and
several page listings came up and most with good prices.

I see a few listings for $1,500. I would expect a very used pop up camper for that amount.

Well one of the RV listings was extremely nice. $1,500. A bit older model but looks brand new.
Almost exactly what I want. Only 46,000 miles. Located in Jackson, Tennessee. Then I saw it
was some how Craigslist listings or in cahoots some way. So I thought WOW what a deal that
would be! One never knows, does one? Perhaps retired people that no longer have the need
for it, down sizing or whatnot.

I hit the contact link and submit my email for contact.
-----
1997 Airstream 190 Class B

Hello,

I've received your email regarding the 1997 Airstream 190 Class B Van Motor home. The motor home is still for sale. It has 46,196 miles. This is a NON Smoker motor home. No Pets! Has all options and its fully self contain has bathroom and a shower roof air conditioning with dash air as well has a Onan generator with only 6 hours on it, Ford EFI 8'cylinder 7.5'Liter Gas Engine, Sleeping Capacity 4-5 people, good tires clean title etc. It is in excellent condition. I'm asking $1,800 for it, not negotiable. I am in the Air force and we are preparing for an important mission so I hope that I would find a serious buyer in a few days. If you have any other questions, or need more info and pics, please free to ask.

Sincerely,
Lt. Marcia Kursch

-----

Hmmm Message seems a bit off to me. Why tell me she is in the air force? Why stress she is a LT.? Why make a point of telling me 'important mission'. Sounds lame. My reply:

I thought it was $1,500. However, I looked at several so no doubt I am incorrect about that.
Do you have more photo's, some of the inside perhaps?
Is it located in Jackson or Milan? Those were the two main areas I was searching. I am a
very serious buyer, by the way.

-----Her reply and she sent a lot of photos:

Hi again,

I'm currently stationed at Whiteman Air Force Base from Knob Noster, Missouri and we are in the final stage for a new mission in Iraq. The motor home is already at the Google shipping co here in Knob Noster stored and ready to be delivered to the next owner along with all the documents. The delivery is included in this price as I almost closed the deal with another person but he was unable to take the loan from the bank. I've already prepared shipping for him as he was out of state. Anyway I am member of Google Wallet since 2008 and I will make the deal only through their vehicle purchase protection program. Google Wallet will manage the financial part to be insured both of us. Google Wallet offer 30 days inspection period for the buyer. So you will receive the motor home in a few days and you will have the chance to inspect it for 30 days. In case you won`t be satisfied, you can cancel the transaction and ship the motor home back on my expense. I have to fill out a form on Google Wallet and I need your full name, full shipping address, your cell # and your email address so they can register you as a potential buyer and after that they will contact you to explain the entire procedure of the transaction. I sent you some pictures. You'll love the motor home, I can guarantee you that.

Thank you and stay safe,
Lt. Marcia Kursch

------My reply:

Ok that is a no go. I thought it seemed a bit fishy.

Bad Day - Storm - Squirrel - Destruction » Post #11

Mon Apr 03, 2017 19:13 in General Talk

seaeagle wrote:
valerie wrote: Although it is stil windy here, it has died down. We had something like 100 mile an hour winds.

Sorry to hear about the storm damage - much of the east coast of Australia has just gone through some very wild weather too & the clean-up will take months.

valerie wrote: I need to get some new collars but so difficult to find the ones that are NOT breakaway collars. I put big Christmas bells on the collars. IF I had them on the cats, that squirrel probably would have gotten away.

I don't know if this would have helped the squirrel, but if you want your cats to stop hunting birds in your area, researchers recently discovered that brightly multi-colored collars (like rainbow scrunchies used to tie hair ponytails) were extremely effective (from memory, they cut the songbird death rate by about 90%).

Cats learn to stalk without making bell collars tinkle (easy to do since they naturally walk softly without straightening their legs), but because they cannot see colors well, they have no idea that the bright collar makes them stand out to other animals which can see color (at least, during the day). Apparently, squirrels can see in color, but are red-green color blind, so a rainbow collar might still be helpful.

I'm not sure whether this might make them more noticeable to owls though.

You can do a search for rainbow collar for cats on Google & get lots of results - some even come with a bell too.

Rainbow Collars Could Help Keep Cats From Wiping Out Birds | Smart News | Smithsonian

WOW! Thank you so much!

I never heard of that. I have gazillions of scrunchies and various hair ties. I wouldn't have thought
of that in a million years!

I'm going to try it.

Undertaker Retired wrestling Mania » Post #5

Mon Apr 03, 2017 15:27 in General Talk

Oh I hate it.

It is HUGE MONEY. Amazing how many people like it.

One thing is absolutely sure. Those wrestlers are in tip top shape and some are very good actors.....in
fact some go on to act in movies.

It's just crazy entertainment. Reminds me of a crazy bazaar soap opera.

Bad Day - Storm - Squirrel - Destruction » Post #8

Mon Apr 03, 2017 15:22 in General Talk

Yes the Great Horned Owl is a rather terrifying creature.

Owls regurgitate their food. I did not look close to the trees for Miss Cookies for fear I would
see a fur bowl. What I hope is that she got tired of Mr KiKi and run off and found a home
else where.

It's really difficult to guess what happens to a cat when you live in a rural wooded area.

Ref fox's will kill a cat. Hawks will too.

A day or two ago, sitting at my desk, I saw at least 40 wild turkeys going across the yard.

Great Horned Owl info:
Great horned owl - Wikipedia

Bad Day - Storm - Squirrel - Destruction » Post #5

Mon Apr 03, 2017 14:27 in General Talk

Marcel-R6 wrote: No storms here sunny and dry.
Cats are hunters,that is why mine is a house cat. Too bad about the squirell.

I did a search for that owl...holy crap that is a big one.

Yes! The Great Horned Owl has an appropriate name.

About ten years ago I was sitting out back when I saw something standing in the flower garden up
on the hill. It looked like a log at first. I grabbed the binoculars and saw that it was moving and
then it turned it's head as to look right at me. I saw what it was and shocked to see it standing on
the ground. I walked towards it and when I got a few yards from it, it flew in a tree. I then proceeded
to shoo it and it was flying from tree to tree. It finally flew out of sight.

It was extremely odd and I would say rather rare, to see one standing on the ground like that. They
normally stay at the edge limbs in trees. When they see food, they will swoop down and grab it and
take it back to their nest.

I know they got to eat like everything else but I don't like them on my property. They are known to
kill cats and even small dogs.

Bad Day - Storm - Squirrel - Destruction » Post #4

Mon Apr 03, 2017 14:19 in General Talk

jjohnson777 wrote: That storm be here in few hours.

The wind is bad!

Bad Day - Storm - Squirrel - Destruction » Post #1

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:37 in General Talk

It is not a good day here. Last night the storm came in and it was so bad that school was called off
here. The wind was so loud, I was afraid to open the door.

Although it is stil windy here, it has died down. We had something like 100 mile an hour winds.

I had a little iron patio set at one of end of the front porch, the table did not move an inch. The
chairs were turned over and one was stuck inside the other. I finally got those apart but it did leave
some scratches on one of the chairs.

One of the tall trees in my front yard went down so now I have a big mess in the yard.

An iron bench I have in a garden area in the back yard blew over and scratched it in several places.

There's some tree tops scattered about the places.

I looked out a back door onto the patio and Mr KiKi had a big squirrel. I went out with a broom and
he dropped the squirrel. The poor thing was blinking it's eyes, breathing hard but I couldn't see a bad
place on it. I got a dust pan and scooped it up, took it down by a tree, hoping it would go up the tree.
After more inspection, I saw it was injured beyond help. I had to kill it.

Some times I hate cats.

I need to get some new collars but so difficult to find the ones that are NOT breakaway collars. I put
big Christmas bells on the collars. IF I had them on the cats, that squirrel probably would have gotten
away.

To top all that off, I have been looking for Miss Cookie for a month or more now. I have a strong feeling
a Great Horned Owl got her. I even put out a $100 reward for her. No one has come forward. For some
days I was hearing that owl at night, even waking me up as it was mighty loud. I have not heard it since
she disappeared.

I am NOT happy today.

medicinal c.......tasman1 » Post #4

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:24 in General Talk

I think it's lame.

Kind of like during prohibition. If you were caught with a bottle, you would say it was for 'medicinal' reasons.
'Just let me have one more big swig of that whiskey before you haul my butt to jail, please, I need it for my heart.'

They should just sell it in a store beside the liquor instead of allowing government and pharmacies to control it.

People are so lame.

Garden Time » Post #17

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:18 in General Talk

I am not sure why the watermelon do that. I didn't have very many but the ones I had were round
and continued to grow and then it was like someone let the air out of them.....they went POOF, and
turned black.

I do wish I had paid attention to my family growing up. After they retired to the south, my grandfather
put out most everything you can think of. Of course, he had grown up in the south, country and was
a farm boy by nature. When they retired, bought a farm, he planted fruit trees, primarily apple. He
also planted a large strawberry patch. We had potatoes too. There was a small shed out back and I
hated when they told me to go get some potatoes. I was a city girl and when I would open the shed
door, potatoes would roll out and scare me like my thinking was 'snake'. They canned and froze veggies,
primarily green beans, tomatoes, corn, okra, strawberries. They also made/canned watermelon jelly.

I've got to do a search today to see if I am suppose to put some sort of insecticide in the grown. I
wouldn't think so but last year those big ugly green tomato worms ate most my tomato crop.

Amazon and PayPal » Post #3

Mon Apr 03, 2017 08:15 in General Talk

No, Amazon does not accept PayPal transactions.

Amazon does take credit cards and debit cards. I think they also accept checks but not real sure about that.

Undertaker Retired wrestling Mania » Post #3

Mon Apr 03, 2017 08:11 in General Talk

I don't watch wrestling much but I always liked him and actually thought he was already retired.

Going for a different dining experience » Post #12

Sun Apr 02, 2017 17:17 in General Talk

dutch1898 wrote: To put yourself in someone else's shoes for about an hour
and experience what they go thru day in day out,I would
consider that a real learning curve. 8-)

It is and everyone should do it.

They also held events that was very fun and funny too. Such as wheel chair races for those that
are not wheelchair confined against those that are wheelchair confined. Lots of laughs and lots
of fun plus a great learning experience.

I will tell you that eating, is probably the easiest thing to do if you are blind. It's not difficult but
if you are not blind and not in a routine, you can certainly make a bit of a mess.

People that are blind, need to have everything in it's place. For example a drinking glass is always
on the preferred position side of the plate. If it's moved, an accident can happen.

We also had a day on campus when we had to be led around by a partner for an hour and then
switch up for the second hour. I did about bust my butt on that one going up concrete steps.

Going for a different dining experience » Post #9

Sun Apr 02, 2017 15:50 in General Talk

I had to do that when I was going for my bachelors degree in Rehabilitation.
The professor of Rehab at that university is blind.

His classes consisted of a lot of physical activity.

One day we had to use wheelchairs all day on campus. That was a big chore.

There was a day we all had to eat blindfolded. We were all given bibs first. :)

We had some fun activities like those but also many boring ones such as measuring doors, bathrooms, etc.

i can't use tasks » Post #3

Sun Apr 02, 2017 14:34 in General Talk

This worked for me:

1- type this link -> make.crowdflower.com
2- click reset password (it will email u the link)
3- fill in new (or existing password) and confirm password
4- click "take me back to my pages"

i can't use tasks » Post #2

Sun Apr 02, 2017 14:32 in General Talk

Yep, just a minute.

What's the last movie or TV show you saw? » Post #77

Sun Apr 02, 2017 14:23 in General Talk

I watched a couple of older movies last night. On Amazon I had picked out a couple of
the movies to watch without thinking their scenarios were a bit similar.

Both movies are about several guys and gals that go camping.
Both movies involved a motor camper.
One of the movies surprisedly went from camping to zombies.
One of the movies went to alien abduction.

They both were a good way for me to talk to the tv.....

You are so stupid!
Why you wear shorts in the woods!
You are an idiot!
Don't you take a weapon in the woods!
Why not get the heck out of there!
Go get the keys and leave!
Forget him, just start it up and go!
Closing the camper blinds is not going to stop the aliens!
He has a knife in his back, why you laying him on his back!
Are you outta your mind!
Who wrote this junk!

PS. One of the movies was 'Night Skies'

Garden Time » Post #13

Sun Apr 02, 2017 14:15 in General Talk

pindokhan123 wrote: are zinnias short for zucchini? if so here in the UK we call em' courgettes,never heard of zinnias. i am planning to go back to Pakistan as soon as the last of my cold symptoms have vanished,still recovering tho, vegetable growing in Pakistan is seasonal so you have to grow whats compatible with the weather,i will be growing courgettes,various types of pumpkins,i planted garlic last november before i came to the UK and that should be ready within a couple of months, also looking at tomatoes,cucumbers and anything else that i can grow during the hot season. mind you i got alot of fruit trees and especially the plums,apricots,guavas and mangoes are in full bloom.i will take a trip to the local garden centre upon my return and see what beauties they got for me.

No.

I bought a couple of six packs of Zinnias at the Walmart the other day. Zinnias are flowers. They
are annual flowers and come in an array of colors. The one's I planted some are pink, white, and
orange.

ClixSense needs your input » Post #172

Sun Apr 02, 2017 09:50 in General Talk

Ok I am going to make one last comment in this topic. I think. :mrgreen:

I hope I make myself clear enough. ALL online payment processors suck. All of them. There is a lot of
stuff in business that sucks. It is a dog eat dog world and online, there is only so far you can go and so
much you can do.

I am strongly stressing to go with PayPal because it is a BUSINESS decision, NOT a PERSONAL decision.
I'm in the USA. I cash out by check. I have no problems cashing out by check. I have cashed out by
check half the time I have been here, if not more.

WHY EXACTLY PayPal cut off ClixSense, I can only guess but my guesses are not unfounded totally.

1. PayPal Quota: Every year or every quarter it seems PayPal staff need to meet a shut off quota.

2. Unlike Google that won't tell you anything at all, PayPal does often throw hints. PayPal does need
to abide by their own policies. Allowing even big players to seep thru the cracks is not good for PayPal
appearances.

3. So when PayPal tells CS to remove the PTC end, that is a mighty big hint to say the least. For starters
the ClixGrid is too much like a lottery. What you have done Jim in this regard is tell members if they
upgrade, they'll get more chances to play. It's a double whammy. In PayPal's eyes, it's gambling.

4. ClixSense stresses the PTC model. PayPal obviously does not like this and here again, it is not a
personal thing, it is a business thing and PayPal needs to abide as closely as they can by their own
policies.

Bottomline, change how advertising operates here. PayPal will take you back. Everyone will earn
as usual, and everyone will be happy.

Garden Time » Post #6

Sun Apr 02, 2017 09:12 in General Talk

Termites in the dirt? You might want to call a termite guy to come out and spray before they
get to your house. They put these things in the ground now that prevents them even coming
close to your house.

A veggie garden is work but for me, it is enjoyable work and not a lot of work. I don't put out
a huge garden. It won't take long to til it with the garden tiller and that is always the most work
for me, just preparing the ground. I bought some bags of garden dirt for a veggie garden, that
I am going to mix in this year.

Also this year I am going to plant one tomato plant in a huge planter on my balcony. Might be
fun to see how that does.
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Oct 18, 2019 14:28:25 EST