Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

dutch1898 are u still here? » Post #1

Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:10 in General Talk

I was thinking about you the other day and wondered how your health is doing?

Vaccine Dead in UK....tasman1 » Post #6

Sun Feb 28, 2021 07:20 in General Talk

Over here, I think a lot of people are not taking it. Thus far, only 7% of the USA population
has been vaccinated. Over 14% have received the first dose.

The other day a couple had covid and so they quarantined their self in the basement of their
house. The woman had gone to the hospital but they sent her home. They had an eleven
year old daughter. One day the daughter came home from school and found both parents
dead. Her parents were 40 years old.

Vaccine Dead in UK....tasman1 » Post #4

Sat Feb 27, 2021 19:26 in General Talk

The vaccine is not a sure bet against the virus anyway.

One can think of the flu vaccine. I don't get the flu and I always get the flu vaccine BUT
that does not mean I am totally resistant to the flu. Many people do get the flu even tho
they received the vaccine.

The case stated above is not a lone case in that there have been some listed that did get
the vaccine but then some days later tested positive for covid. This means they either had
covid already before being vaccinated or got covid after being vaccinated.

Also, keep in mind, covid vaccine is two shots. You have to return for the second, two or
three weeks after the first.

The thing is, everyone needs to take the vaccines. They also need to continue wearing their
masks and social distancing. It's only then that we might be able to eradicate this or it be
no worse than a common cold.

Conspiracy Theories reach the Insane. » Post #5

Sat Feb 27, 2021 09:51 in General Talk

HaHa! :lol:

Covid19 Vaccine? » Post #24

Sat Feb 27, 2021 09:47 in General Talk

@Darkstar2, March and April is not here yet as of my posting but as I said, I have mad the
appointments for it.

In the USA there is several categories of people that may choose to get the vaccine when
their category becomes available. These are classified by the CDC as Phases.

I am in Phase 1-C

1-C Phase in my State has become available by appointment. In my area, the local hospital
has the Pfizer and appointments are now being accepted for my category. I called and made
my appointments.

Personally, I would be dumb not to take it.

Here's how the Phases are listed:
CDC’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout Recommendations | CDC

Covid19 Vaccine? » Post #9

Fri Feb 26, 2021 14:39 in General Talk

My appointment for the vaccine is March 16th and for my second dose is April 6th.
It's Pfizer.

Covid19 Vaccine? » Post #1

Fri Feb 26, 2021 07:29 in General Talk

Anyone here had it yet?

Support Changing Online and Offline! » Post #8

Fri Feb 26, 2021 07:27 in General Talk

I think that is a huge part of it, beafuell. Pride.

No matter what kind of work you do, you should take pride in it.

I suppose people years ago were mostly all very proud to have a paying job.
They took pride in their work. I think a lot of products were made better then,
many a life time or longer. Today, people just want to get through their job any
way they can and get home.

Now we have 'Quality Control' which ranks rather low on the product poll anyway.
Years ago, they had 'Inspection' and they actually inspected and tried products out.

Another thing in regards to products today, many are not inspected nor even tried
out when they are made. In other words, it's like someone created something but
never bothered to see if it worked. There's tons of examples of this. The thing is,
they don't care if it works or not because they know most people are not going to
bother to send it back. In addition, the fine print may say no refund....most don't
bother to read the fine print.

Support Changing Online and Offline! » Post #6

Fri Feb 26, 2021 06:26 in General Talk

I don't see it changing in my life time other than getting worse.

There was a huge department store in Chicago when I was a kid, Carson's.
It was 'Carson Pirie Scott'. I always enjoyed going there, it was a huge store.
I think about ten stories high. I remember the employees attitude, very well.
They had class, all of them. Every department had employees assigned to that
area. They dressed appropriately and always addressed the customer with respect
and kindness. Any of the slightest problem was taken care of immediately.

When I walk into Walmart, I some times think of 'Carson's' because it is about
as opposite as it gets. Not to say there is not respectful employees at Walmart
but it is certainly a lot different. Often one cannot find an 'associate' because
no one is in that department. At Carson's for example, it would not matter if
customers were at that particular counter or area, there would be at least one
employee there no matter what. They did not leave their stations. At Walmart
employees are often not at their stations and you can find them yapping to each
other in the middle of the isles. They wear lame little Walmart vests. :lol:
I have had to run all over the Walmart store at times to find help. In addition,
many times they are no help whatsoever.

It's not the employees, it is the company run business that does not enforce
customer support.

Congratulations Valerie ! » Post #3

Thu Feb 25, 2021 19:14 in General Talk

YAY!

Where's the confetti?

Where's the cake?

Where's the balloons?

It just takes a little bit of smarts! :lol:

Support Changing Online and Offline! » Post #3

Thu Feb 25, 2021 14:30 in General Talk

Yes the 'press' this and 'enter' that is way out of hand. Like I said, support has gone out the window these days.

All this technology was suppose to make life easier but I don't it see it that way at all.
I think it has complicated life and contributed to wars, depression, to say the least.

It's almost impossible and often is impossible to speak with a real person.

Support Changing Online and Offline! » Post #1

Thu Feb 25, 2021 08:03 in General Talk

Know that I am in my 60's and very much aware of how support has been changing
online and offline.

When I was a kid, teenager, the customer was always right. Really. Truly.

I grew up in Chicago land and the support was readily attended to in all avenues I
was aware of. That is to say, department stores, small store, large store, train stations,
utility companies, restaurants, grocery stores, etc.

It was the days before the internet. It was the days before Walmart.

Employees said yes ma'am and yes sir. Their main job in all these avenues was to
help the customer in a kind, appropriate, and quick manner. They were to resolve
issues before they became an issue.

I've experienced over the years how this has dramatically changed and the unfortunate
part of it is, people are accepting of it. Of course there is always the few that are not.
But as you see new generations, they are blind to how it used to be and how it should
be.

It used to be: If you want my business, you best treat me with respect, as a fellow
human being, and look into any and all issues I may have, immediately.

Today it is: If you want to use our services, you better keep your mouth shut.

Companies online are very horrible in regards to support and offline is getting mighty
bad too.

It's only the smaller stores and smaller mom/pop stores that have more tendency to
treat their customers how they would like to be treated. BUT even not all of them do.

So, I don't know what is becoming of a world that lacks respect and ignore customers
issues.

What do you think?

Boris is dumb » Post #2

Sat Feb 20, 2021 13:46 in General Talk

Boris is dumb » Post #1

Sat Feb 20, 2021 13:43 in General Talk

Low Food/Water Stock in some USA States » Post #1

Fri Feb 19, 2021 21:26 in General Talk

I do keep plenty of food on hand but I did run out of milk, bread, and eggs, due to
the blizzard. I keep powered milk just for the times that I might run out of milk so
that was not a big issue for me. Eggs? Well, I am an egg eater so I was missing the
eggs.

Today was still below freezing but the sun was out today and the highways were clear.
I picked my sister up because she lives on a back road that was not plowed. We went
on to Walmart and geeeeeee they were really crowded. First time people had been out
since the start of this cold ice snow ordeal.

Plenty of milk. A little low on some brands of bread. Low on eggs. There's a long isle
where the frozen pizzas are kept, it was practically empty. A lot of low stock on lots of
items. Can biscuits, luncheon meats, etc were low to none.

I imagine most will be back to normal in another day or so around here.

Many parts of Texas, stores are about out of everything but it should be warming up there
soon also.

Historic Winter in USA » Post #20

Fri Feb 19, 2021 21:17 in General Talk

I guess you have a different type of freezing where you are because here, it does
not matter how well your house is insulated, it can still have freezing temperatures
inside.

Off from my den, I have a large long walk in closet. I use it for storage and seldom
open the doors to go in there. When I do as of late, it is very cold and I hurry and
get back out quick. It's not freezing in there because my house does have heat but
that closet does not have heat and stays closed with the doors to it shut.

So my guess is, houses in Texas are very well insulated due to the heat they get
there. They don't get winters like this. I think they said back in 2011 was a bad
winter for them. This winter has been historic for many States.

People can in fact freeze to death in their homes any where when it gets down into
the single digits (Fahrenheit). The elderly, sick, and children are most susceptible
to it.

If you look at some of the videos and/or pictures of Texans waiting in line for the
grocery or for water, etc, take a close look at them. Many have blankets over
them. That's because in many areas of Texas, people don't even have a winter
coat. Many have very few warm clothes or blankets.

Me, I can tolerate the freezing cold. I went out and shoveled snow in single
digit weather. I was warm. I put on thick jeans, fuzzy socks, water resistant suede
boots, t-shirt, flannel shirt, puffer coat, gloves, thick pull over sweater cap, scarf
around my face, and my prescription sun glasses.

I do have a gas fire place but even if I didn't and no heat, I have very warm beds,
plenty of blankets and comforters, lots of clothes to put on.

BUT you know there is a lot of people out there that do not take precautionary measures
for themselves. I always have water, batteries, flashlights, food, and everything I need
to last a good while during an emergency. It's amazing the amount of people that do
not keep their self prepared.

Historic Winter in USA » Post #18

Thu Feb 18, 2021 19:39 in General Talk

Ya, shoveled snow again today and tonight will be 8 degrees.
The good news is, it may be the last of the snow and extreme cold. Tomorrow the high
is 28 and partly sunny. The next days are creeping above freezing and full sun.

BUT....

With the melting snow comes flooding for many areas and many peoples home. There
are various bigger problems that can occur to homes in some areas, such as septic back up.
That is at least, something I don't have to worry about.

THE problem with Texas is they tend to be too big for their cowboy hats some times. They
are the ONLY State with their own electric power grid. All the other States are on the Federal
back up grid system. Texas did not want to pay the tax's to be on the back up system. This
IS exactly why people are freezing to death in Texas. The Texas grid became overloaded and
in order to prevent a complete shut down of the system which would take months if not longer
to restore, they had to do time shut downs. The problem with that is, they are not so timed.
They have screwed up and screwed the people of Texas. They have also had water issues in
that the water is frozen for many and they don't have drinking water. One man was found
frozen to death in his recliner and his wife almost dead. A grandmother and her three grand
children died in their house fire due to trying to heat the house from a stove. A mother and
her child died of carbon monoxide poisoning in their car while trying to stay warm. It goes
on and on. Heads will roll.

New - Accessibility Settings » Post #1

Wed Feb 17, 2021 21:09 in General Talk

In case you did not notice the little man to your lower left bottom screen on your
account page. It's kind of fun. You can change colors too.

Historic Winter in USA » Post #10

Wed Feb 17, 2021 21:05 in General Talk

I shoveled snow the other day and was going to make a snowman but the snow is
too fine. When trying to make a snowball, it won't pack.

Tonight it is snowing again. I'll need to shovel all over again. :evil:

Amazon gift card as cash out » Post #4

Tue Feb 16, 2021 19:14 in General Talk

I almost always cash out by way of Walmart and Amazon.
It works just fine.

You're welcome.
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Apr 22, 2021 09:31:54 EST