Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

The survival of Netflix and Amazon Prime in danger » Post #15

Wed Jul 22, 2020 18:59 in General Talk

I'm not sure exactly how we did it but yes it was difficult.

My sister and her family was the ones that would record movies constantly and
yes they were horrible.

I had a converter of sorts. Some how it was attached to the tv and then it went
to the converter and the converter went to the VHS tape. Funny, I have not thought
about the item since way back when we had it. Must have been in 80's or maybe
earlier. I do know it was a name brand product.

I don't remember how my sister recorded hers but they recorded every movie
they watched. They all lived on the same valley you could say and would pass
around movies they recorded.

But yeah for sure, they were a mess to watch.

The survival of Netflix and Amazon Prime in danger » Post #13

Wed Jul 22, 2020 18:08 in General Talk

Fear City was interesting.

A lot of people don't realize or don't remember how much Rudy J did for New York.

Lawsuits are starting - Walmart » Post #21

Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:11 in General Talk

PS. I think he died at the age of 96

His wife is probably going to surpass him. She is 94.

Lawsuits are starting - Walmart » Post #20

Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:03 in General Talk

The survival of Netflix and Amazon Prime in danger » Post #12

Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:56 in General Talk

We did not have cable in our old VHS record days.

The survival of Netflix and Amazon Prime in danger » Post #11

Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:53 in General Talk

The doc series 'Fear City' is on Netflix today.

The survival of Netflix and Amazon Prime in danger » Post #7

Wed Jul 22, 2020 06:29 in General Talk

Yes it was VHS tapes. Oh yeah they were horrific to watch really. No HD then and
we were very unprofessional recording them. So when we watched a movie we had
recorded, it would be blurry, shaky, bad sound, the whole nine yards.

Oh yes those sports networks will really get you if you are one to watch sports.

Lawsuits are starting - Walmart » Post #18

Wed Jul 22, 2020 06:22 in General Talk

Do jumping jacks.

1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 5......

Where's Jack LaLane when you need him......oh that's right, he would not go see a doctor and so he died.

Very Interesting and Informative on Prime » Post #12

Tue Jul 21, 2020 22:24 in General Talk

No he didn't.

The twin brothers created Facebook and he stole it from them.

He was suppose to help them. They sued and eventually it was settled for a
very low amount way back then. I think they only got a couple hundred grand.
They were all in college, not in a basement.

The survival of Netflix and Amazon Prime in danger » Post #4

Tue Jul 21, 2020 22:20 in General Talk

Most of my tv's are Samsung. Some are Smart, some are not.

The most recent TV I have is a Google TV. Eh, I'd have to go in the other room to see
the real name of it. :lol: It has a bunch of APPS on it and apps can be added. I played
around with it for a few days after I set it up but I have not used it since....a few months.

I'm not a DVD collector. I have several old classic movies on dvd and at least one entire
tv series that I bought last year 'All In The Family' that I still have not watched all of it.

I do have a DVD player but I have an Xbox and I use it for dvd's.

I remember years ago we used to tape movies. They were horrible to watch. We taped
them on tracks.....8 track I guess. Half the time when ejected the tape stayed in the
player. :?

Chips or? » Post #19

Tue Jul 21, 2020 22:09 in General Talk

I'm not a huge fan of seafood but I do like shrimp and fish.

I don't eat fish heads or fish eyeballs or tiny fish in cans with finger twists.

I'm not from the South. I'm from the North. I live in the South.

I'm from Chicago land.

Very Interesting and Informative on Prime » Post #10

Tue Jul 21, 2020 22:05 in General Talk

I do use Facejunk but not a whole lot. I joined in 2007 so been a member for awhile there.

No, I don't care much for Zuckerbooger. Yeah, he pretty much stole the program.

Lawsuits are starting - Walmart » Post #15

Tue Jul 21, 2020 20:09 in General Talk

monkey brain

Chips or? » Post #17

Tue Jul 21, 2020 20:05 in General Talk

I have never ever ate a sardine in my entire life. YUK! :shock:

Finally got a date. » Post #2

Tue Jul 21, 2020 20:02 in General Talk

That's great news!

Lawsuits are starting - Walmart » Post #13

Tue Jul 21, 2020 20:01 in General Talk

I stay really busy and covid has not affected me much.

There are some doctor visits that was put on hold such as the dentist and my eye doctor.

There were some places I had planned to travel and put that on hold. Nothing major.

I stay really busy on this contraption, house work, yard work, going to grocery, going
to Walmart, getting take out, etc etc etc. Plus I do enjoy my home bound hobbies and
watching tv.

Very Interesting and Informative on Prime » Post #8

Tue Jul 21, 2020 19:58 in General Talk

I know I spelled new knew. Some times I am doing several things at once and I type
very fast and do make mistakes. I had typing in 6th grade and then in high school.
Always had a typewriter. I type over hundred words a minute but not always very
gracious.

Zuckerbooger is the founder of Facebook and Jessie Eisenbooger placed Zuckerbooger
in the movie about Facejunk.

Vivarium is a weird movie but I liked it because it was different. Alien type of flick.

The survival of Netflix and Amazon Prime in danger » Post #2

Tue Jul 21, 2020 19:51 in General Talk

The only one at this point in time for me that I prefer to keep and that is Amazon Prime.
It's worthy because there is a lot of programs to watch, even old movies and new Amazon shows, etc.
In addition, I keep my photos uploaded in the cloud and free shipping, etc. So everything I get with
Amazon is a good deal for me.

In regards to Netflix, not so much interest. I usually keep it in the winter and lose it in the summer.
This year with the virus and some shows I was interested in, I kept it. BUT, there is really not a lot
I like in regards to programs on Netflix. Most of their movies and programs are more for the younger
generation. Stupid movies, stupid series. Stuff teens would like. I do like some of their documentaries
when they come out with some about crime or some such as that.

As far as all the individual companies charging for their networks, well that might bite them on the
arse and not take too long about it. Today, one can watch and read a lot of stuff online on video
sites and news sites. Even many free to watch movies at YouTube. With this coronavirus and people
being unemployed, many are not going to be capable of paying for all those subscriptions.

I have smart tvs and also Roku box's. Mostly I use Roku and there is about 100 channels in my Roku.
Many of the channels are free to watch. I even get my local news that is a channel in my Roku.

For some people, it might be a good thing all these separate subscriptions because they can choose
what they like to watch and ignore what they don't. For many, it can be cheaper than paying cable
or satellite because they choose one or two.

Netflix has been bound and determined to continue their dvd options. I used to do 3 out at a time
about 20 years ago when Netflix first started. Eventually decreased it to 1 out at a time simply
because we did not have time to watch them and because were only interested in the new release
movies.

So, I dunno. Some people may spend more to get more subscriptions right now since they are
more prone to stay home but then those that are unemployed and having a difficult time making
ends meet, may cancel it all.

Light at the end of the dark, dark tunnel?? » Post #14

Tue Jul 21, 2020 15:45 in General Talk

Wellllllll I didn't say I would run like a wild stud and knock everyone out of the way
to get the vaccine.

Gullible? I'm old enough to be your mother. You should listen to mother moderator
because I've been on the block longer than you.

Very Cold Winter » Post #10

Tue Jul 21, 2020 15:42 in General Talk

Ohhhhhh ok

I like to eat ice.
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Jan 24, 2021 19:16:28 EST