Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

Fentanyl @Darkstar2 » Post #10

Tue Mar 17, 2020 14:48 in General Talk

No I did not have laser surgery. Actually too old for that. No point in it anyway at my age.

No, during cataract surgery they remove the lens in your eye and insert new lens.

The lens in your eye will get cloudy with age. Some people more cloudy than others. Most
people that have cataracts, as they age, the cloudiness becomes worse and worse and worse.
So what they do during surgery is cut a tiny opening and remove the lens from the eye and
insert a new lens. Then you have to use three various prescription of drops four times a
day that helps the new lens and eye heal. That's it in a nutshell. You can look on YouTube
as there is some videos there about the surgery.

Yep, it's all leading up to the extinction of paper money.

Maybe the best place to be is on a very warm remote island that has plenty of coconuts.
I'll have to send Tom Hanks a letter.

how is everyone? » Post #10

Tue Mar 17, 2020 14:32 in General Talk

Hey, it might be a good idea to change your filters frequently.

how is everyone? » Post #9

Tue Mar 17, 2020 14:30 in General Talk

I don't think anyone was trying to debunk when they said summer may reduce
the virus. It's just common knowledge that most people get sick with a cold and
or flue in the winter months. I guess that is why they call a cold, a cold.

(33°C × 9/5) + 32 = 91.4°F

I had to look it up since the average American still uses Ferenheight....farenheight.....feranheight...
fahrenheite........fahrenheight......fahrenheit....

I do hope the average American can spell it.

So anyway, if it is 91 degrees where you are and the virus is still spreading, looks like we're going
to have a very very long hot summer here. Where I am, it gets very humid and up into the low
100 degree fahrenhight..... :? :roll: fahrenheit...

how is everyone? » Post #4

Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:48 in General Talk

I'm fine.

Went to the local 'Dollar General Store' today. I was looking to see if they had powdered milk
and they didn't. I saw the most people I had ever saw in that store, stocking shelves. They
had plenty of toilet paper, bleach, etc. There was signs saying they would close one hour
earlier and be open their first hour for senior citizens. They are also limiting short supplies
to three products....such as one bleach, one toilet paper, one paper towel.

Restaurants are not allowed to be open for seating but they can deliver and people can use
the drive thru.

Most all events are closed in which large people gather. Disney World and Disney Land are
closed, sports events, etc.

We are cautioned to stay 6 feet away from others, stay in our homes unless absolutely
necessary, only buy what we need for a week or two at a time.

Some States have or partial areas on the States, have curfews and some do not allow the
people out and about at all unless it is an emergency.

Everyone is hoping with Summer coming on that it will kill the virus.

covid-19 » Post #27

Tue Mar 17, 2020 08:24 in General Talk

Bats - Bats are cute. Some species look like puppy dogs with wings. Bats eat trillions upon trillions of insects every year. If our world did not have bats, we would be over run with insects and probably see more disease. When you look at the open street market in Wuhan, it is not like one's ordinary street market. It is in fact, a disease waiting to happen. I truly doubt it was just a bat that caused this virus. I would fathom that it is more of the unclean area in which those bats and other poor animals, are slaughtered right in the street, with blood every where and peoples hands all over the raw meats and everything. You know something bad has got to happen from such a horrific area as that. And I am not downing China. I always wanted to visit China as they have so much culture and so much to see. However, there are also places in China I would certainly not want to visit.

Trump - I was for him and still am. He's actually done more of what he said he would do, than other politicians. And he would do even more if the democrats would agree. I don't like Trump as in his personal life. He is also not much of a speaker but in one way, I kind of like that because he speaks so that everyone can understand what he is saying. I've even had to look up words of some politicians to get the definition and no one should have to do that when listening to a country address. Trump has not done anything negative in regards to this virus. Just the opposite. Of course the media would like people to believe that. When I look at such a great country as the USA, I can't help but wonder WHY we don't have better and more knowledgable and more sympathetic people running for presidency. Trump is the best we have right now. Biden totally is a poor candidate and so is Sanders. I don't think either one can beat Trump but we will see.

Spartacus is dead .........tasman1 » Post #7

Mon Mar 16, 2020 18:32 in General Talk

Awwww we care tasman1.

Put the lime in the coconut and call the doctor. I am sure he will tell you, you feel bad
due to all the bananas you eat.

Coconut. Harry Nilsson. (1972) - YouTube

Spartacus is dead .........tasman1 » Post #2

Mon Mar 16, 2020 15:34 in General Talk

Spartacus died when Kirk Douglas died.

covid-19 » Post #14

Sun Mar 15, 2020 20:22 in General Talk

I'd say there are many very poor areas in China. Perhaps Wuhan (spelling) is one of them.

Obviously many grow up not having respect for life.

Some do eat very weird stuff believing it is going to make them healthy or wealthy or viral.

I remember years ago when I lived in the State of Florida, my husband and I was fishing in
the ocean, sort of inlet area where many people would fish. We weren't catching anything
at all. We didn't care as we were simply out enjoying the day. There was a very young
Chinese couple, and they were reeling in ..... oh what are those fish called.....stingrays...
they were reeling them in as fast as they tossed their line in. I don't know what kind of
bait they were using. They would jump up and down and scream and laugh every time
they reeled one in. We walked over to them and they had several buckets of stingrays.
I said what are you going to do with those, just throw them back in. The young woman
said 'Noooo Noooo we not throw them back, we back soup, stingray soup'.

I just thought that was so odd because I never heard of eating a stingray and especially
never heard of stingray soup.

My experience inside Walmart today USA - FYI » Post #23

Sun Mar 15, 2020 17:09 in General Talk

Toilet paper is a modern commodity.

You see on the movies where people have out houses and keep magazines and
newspapers in them for that purpose.

I like the idea of old clothes. Cut them up and just throw them away after use.

I'm finished with this subject. It makes my butt itch thinking about it. :lol:

All Supermarkets & Malls closed » Post #9

Sun Mar 15, 2020 17:03 in General Talk

Well, they can't guess at it officially. It has to be checked. Yep, it could be a staff
person that has the virus.

March 15th - Walmart and local stores » Post #5

Sun Mar 15, 2020 17:02 in General Talk

Really! That's interesting they would do that.

Fentanyl @Darkstar2 » Post #8

Sun Mar 15, 2020 16:59 in General Talk

I'm nearsighted so I have never been able to see well at a distance.

At my age, I now don't see good close up, I must use readers and or glasses with bifocals.

I had cataracts which is like trying to look through fog.

Just because a person is nearsighted does not mean they are blind. They can still see and
some see better than others, of course. Add cataracts to that, the sight is worse.

Once the cataracts are removed, sight improves considerably but of course the nearsighted
eyes are still going to be nearsighted....unless one opts for laser surgery.

Anyway, I am very glad I had it done and I am especially glad I did the surgery before all
this coronavirus started. I can say I wish I had done it a couple of months sooner. I have
to go back April 7th for my eye test and prescription so that I can get new glasses. Who
knows where we'll be with this virus on April 7th.

covid-19 » Post #12

Sun Mar 15, 2020 16:48 in General Talk

I dunno. I guess some areas of China are extremely poor. Many of them eat anything and
they eat it any which way, dead or alive. There was a Chinese girl on Facebook trying to eat
a raw octopus and it bit her on the face. They eat a lot of stuff alive, especially various fish.

March 15th - Walmart and local stores » Post #3

Sun Mar 15, 2020 16:41 in General Talk

I don't use powered coffee creamers.

I use powdered milk for baking/cooking.

Since it is just me, I usually don't cook or bake much and neither do I
drink milk per se. Normally I buy a box that has several powder milk
packets.

I put milk in the freezer some times. I have a large deep freezer. My
sister does the same and I know a lot of people that do. So I imagine
that is what people are doing, buying large quantities of milk and placing
in their freezers.

March 15th - Walmart and local stores » Post #1

Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:11 in General Talk

My sister and I went to the big Walmart today. Both of us had some prescription meds to pick up.
I was wanting some powdered milk.

It being Sunday especially, Walmart was extremely busy. Many isles with stockers opening box's
trying to put product on the shelves.

No milk. I was surprised at that. Walmart has a huge long refrigerator case that is always jammed
with milk. There was few milk alternatives as most of those were sold out too. I wanted powdered
milk but it was sold out also.

No bread. All the loaf bread was gone. There was some packed rolls, that was about it.

Low Can Soup. Almost all gone.

No Toilet Paper nor Paper Towels.

Cold Cereals. I was really surprised at that, very low and most brands all sold out.

Dish Detergents. Almost all gone.

Laundry Detergents. Very low with most brands gone.

No sanitizers, anti bacterial products of any kind.

Fresh Meat. Some areas totally empty.

Frozen Pizza's. Almost all gone.

Frozen foods, very low, some items totally gone, only thing seemingly had a good supply of was ice cream.

We went to a local smaller grocery to look for dry milk. They were out.

Walmarts are normally open 24/7 but now Walmart's are closing the doors at 11:00 pm. I have
a feeling they may begin closing earlier than that. Also, Walmart is taking priority over which of
their Walmarts to stock the more needed items.

All Supermarkets & Malls closed » Post #6

Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:56 in General Talk

A newborn baby in the hospital was found to have coronavirus and so is her mother.
At the moment, they don't know if the baby got it from her mother while in the womb
or what.

My experience inside Walmart today USA - FYI » Post #21

Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:54 in General Talk

I would guess if people do not have toilet paper nor wipes, they would generally use
a wash cloth. Perhaps it would be a good time to cut up those old clothes and use
for rags.

My experience inside Walmart today USA - FYI » Post #16

Sun Mar 15, 2020 06:48 in General Talk

Did you hear about the guy that drove 1300 miles going in every store buying all the
hand sanitizer and then was selling it on Amazon at a very high price? Amazon deleted
his seller account and now he has $17,000 thousand dollars worth of hand sanitizer in
his garage. He stated maybe he could sell it to his neighbors. If I was a neighbor of his,
I would never buy anything from him.

My experience inside Walmart today USA - FYI » Post #15

Sun Mar 15, 2020 06:45 in General Talk

Actually, the shelves are running out of dog food too.

Fentanyl @Darkstar2 » Post #6

Sun Mar 15, 2020 06:39 in General Talk

The opposite.

Because I can see better, I need new glasses.

Cataract surgery removes the clouded lens. Cataracts due tend to form as we age.
The lens becomes cloudy. Driving at night becomes almost impossible. Nothing is
crystal clear. Depending on how bad the cataract is, your sight may be very blurry.

I chose to have the cataract surgery now. I could have waited until it become much
worse. There would be no point in waiting, however. Once you have cataract surgery,
you never need to have it again.

They make tiny incisions to remove the cataract and insert new lens to the eye.

Well like any surgery, you may risk complications. Some people never have any
problems after cataract surgery and some people do.

They had me look at the eye chart, of my right eye that was done a couple of weeks
ago. I could see 4 almost 5 lines down. Before the surgery with my right eye, I
could only see the top line.....a giant E.

I'm glad I had it done. My sister had cataract surgery ten years ago and she does
not have any issues. My husband, he was older than me, he had one eye done that
was really bad and a few years later, had the other eye done. He never had any
complications at all.

So, like all decisions, one may weigh the pros and cons.
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Sep 29, 2020 20:03:35 EST