Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

USA we blew it - Covid out of control » Post #1

Fri Nov 13, 2020 21:18 in General Talk

Choose » Post #8

Fri Nov 13, 2020 18:17 in General Talk

I had my first pneumonia vaccine yesterday. They say it consist of two vaccines, take the
second one a year later.

I'm full of ...... vaccines. :mrgreen:

Good gosh golly and holly smokes! » Post #26

Fri Nov 13, 2020 06:49 in General Talk

I watched a few episodes of the old George Burns show. There was a woman singer on
one of the episodes, horrible singing, I mean really bad. But her waist was so tiny it
could not have been over 14 inches.

When I watch old movies, the women are very slim. The exception might be an old
servant, cook, or simply put a woman up in age. But even most of them are slim.

You know not that many years ago, women did not hold jobs. Most were stay at home
moms.

So what happen?

I think a few things happened. Fast Food joints for starters. In the old days people
went to diners if they went out to eat at all.

Next I would have to say the food industry. They focus on larger portions and more
enhancements in the food. Since I live alone, I look for smaller containers when in
the store but have you ever noticed those prices....they are generally higher priced
than the family size. If not higher priced per se, per pound/oz they are. Why?
Because they want you to buy the larger package and overall you will pay more.

And of course there is lack of physical activity today. You mention going to the gym
but you know what? I'll tell you. lol. People should not need to go to the gym unless
they are a body builder or boxer or focusing on some kind of championship. What
has been happening over the years is more sedentary work.

In days past, people were moving their body all day. They were bending, stooping,
reaching, walking, running, and had a constant range of motion. Today, many people
do not have that activity.

Food has also become a source of entertainment. Eat those wings, pizza, and beer
when watching sporting events. Don't forget the hotdogs. Here again, lets go get
some fast food!

People are simply eating more, eating higher calorie/fat foods, eating more sugars,
eating larger portions, and doing less physical activity.

Some want a miracle solution or a specific diet. The reality is, they are making it
hard on themselves. What they really want is to not change their life style yet
lose weight.

When it comes right down to it, if they would eat less, stop the fast food, get their
body moving every day, they would lose weight and keep it off. It's not about diets.
It's about a life style change.

Good gosh golly and holly smokes! » Post #24

Thu Nov 12, 2020 20:35 in General Talk

It's just that old man feeding them hotdogs and cookies and who knows what else.

They wouldn't be that fat if he wasn't feeding them all that fat and sugar.

I understand wanting to feed them but like I said, that is actually very cruel. He does
not realize he is actually hurting them.

Normally the raccoon is going to forage for food. They'll mostly eat nuts and grubs.
If fish is near by, they will eat fish. They'll forage around and eat most anything.

They are growing up not knowing how to forage for food. Moma is taking them to his
deck. All that junk he is feeding them, goes into their system and when they produce
babies, no telling what kind of gene pool comes out.

Alex Trebek died » Post #44

Thu Nov 12, 2020 08:57 in General Talk

Read the paragraph again slowly. I did not say it twice. Two different sentences. :mrgreen:

When you get my age, you will know what I mean. I am not referring to cereal killers. Altho
there was that time I went to pour a bowl of cheerios only to see the box was empty. I am sure
there must have been a cereal killer lurking about.

Good gosh golly and holly smokes! » Post #22

Thu Nov 12, 2020 08:50 in General Talk

I think the mixing of species and the over abundance of them in one area can be
deadly in many ways.

Raccoons tend to be nocturnal and solitary except for having their babies. I don't
think their babies stay with them very long. Once they are weaned, they tend to
hang around for awhile and then go their separate ways. So to see swarms of
them all together on his deck, really is not a good idea for any of them.

Blowing up a whale or a whale of a time » Post #5

Thu Nov 12, 2020 08:01 in General Talk

josealvesjr wrote: Something tells me that Captain Ahab was involved. :lol:

The thought briefly crossed my mind. :lol:

Alex Trebek died » Post #42

Thu Nov 12, 2020 08:00 in General Talk

I certainly feel sadness when someone dies. Maybe it's an age thing, I don't know but no
matter who dies, I feel sad. People will often say 'sorry for your loss'. Well yes, for the
living I feel sorry for their loss. For the person that died, I feel sadness.

How strong my emotions are, will usually depend on how close I am to that person. I have
watched videos and even read stories about someone's death that I did not know, never met,
knew nothing about, and felt very said, even cried. I know I am not alone in that.

We can think of someone famous such as Elvis Presley. When he died, there was people all
over the world that felt sadness.

Sorry is a form of sadness, when it gets down to it. Sorry comes from the word Sorrow and
it is a form of sadness.

Of course, there are people that are nice and will say 'sorry for your loss' but in reality it has
no impact on the person that said it. There are people that will say 'sorry for your loss' and
it does have an impact on the person that said it.

Some times growing up watching certain personalities for many years, enjoying their programs,
can induce a sadness when that person leaves or dies. It's almost more of a 'sorry for myself
because I won't get to watch him any more'.

I think most people are inherently good. Not to be confused with sin. I think most people do
have compassion for others.

Blowing up a whale or a whale of a time » Post #3

Thu Nov 12, 2020 07:48 in General Talk

It was a rather funny news reel from 50 years ago.

I mean, they were very dumb doing that. They still had to bury it and the stuff went
every where, even wrecked a car.

Weird and Funny » Post #1

Thu Nov 12, 2020 05:57 in General Talk

Blowing up a whale or a whale of a time » Post #1

Thu Nov 12, 2020 05:35 in General Talk

Alex Trebek died » Post #36

Wed Nov 11, 2020 22:06 in General Talk

I think he is 97.

Alex Trebek died » Post #34

Wed Nov 11, 2020 21:17 in General Talk

I'm really 16.

Good gosh golly and holly smokes! » Post #20

Wed Nov 11, 2020 21:14 in General Talk

They always warn people of raccoons because they are rabies carriers.

However, we had a lot of raccoons around and I never saw a rabid one.

Paula White Prayer Service For Trump's reelection » Post #16

Wed Nov 11, 2020 21:10 in General Talk

I hope it never happens to me again because it was very weird to say the least.

Alex Trebek died » Post #23

Wed Nov 11, 2020 13:45 in General Talk

I also tried googling but it does not come up.

I'll go back thru my episodes I have watched some time in the near future
and see if I can find it.

Alex Trebek died » Post #22

Wed Nov 11, 2020 13:41 in General Talk

Yes there are a lot of really weird contestants that appear to be dumber than a rock
when it comes to pricing stuff.

For example, you know a new car is going to cost at least $30,000. They will write
int $5,000, $10,000, no no no ok $6,000 no no no ok $7,000 no no no ok $5,000. :lol:

I don't recall the year of that Carson episode. I will see if I can locate it on YouTube.

Alex Trebek died » Post #20

Wed Nov 11, 2020 09:27 in General Talk

The crazy contestants is a lot that makes the show attractive.

If contestants went on stage shyly and did not scream, jump up and down, and act a fool,
it would be a lot less interesting.

I wouldn't like contestants kissing me either but it's all a part of the job and trying to remain fun and cool.

There's an episode of Carson kissing a woman in the audience. She said something like she needed a kiss
from him for her mom. She thought he would give her a kiss on the cheek. Well he put her in his arms,
leaned her over and gave her a kiss on the mouth. It was very funny and the audience cracked up.

Alex Trebek died » Post #18

Wed Nov 11, 2020 06:55 in General Talk

Yep, I remember during the days several were trying to sue him. I know there was a
personal interview with him and maybe Barbara Walters, on TV. He was ask about the
suits.

I believe he settled with Holly but I am not sure. He may have been having some relations
with one or more of them. The problem people in his position do not always realize is, if
the woman gets mad, they better watch out.

Paula White Prayer Service For Trump's reelection » Post #14

Wed Nov 11, 2020 06:50 in General Talk

One time, just one time in my life about 5 years ago, I had a dream that was frightening, and
I knew in my dream I was dreaming so I tried to wake up but couldn't. I tried to move my body
to wake myself up. Finally I did wake up. So I do have a sense of what dream paralysis is and
it is not fun at all.

Can't say I ever saw stuff crawling on the walls. Well, maybe that time way back in 1983 after
too many Long Island teas. :?
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Nov 24, 2020 21:06:53 EST