Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

Spring in Brazil » Post #19

Mon Oct 05, 2020 15:34 in General Talk

Jose, you may just need to put some freon in it.

Valerie my Moderator » Post #49

Mon Oct 05, 2020 15:30 in General Talk

I never locked topics unless there was a legitimate reason to do so.

Let me tell you, there is more than one member here that is going to make very sure I am
kept on my toes. They'll report every topic they see that has the slightest comments that
do not pertain to the rules.

Now I don't care if it is tasman1 or the someone else that posted that feature request. He
seems to think it is personal but like I told him, he is flattering himself because it wouldn't
matter if it was him or you or a million different members here. Rule 13 plainly states no
political or religious topics. At the time I made that rule, there was a lot of arguments going
on so I ask Jim to add it to the rules and he did.

Some people are simply childish and I don't know how else to phrase it other than that. I
mean anyone that does looks at something and sees it is no interest to them, would move
away and go look at something else. There's topics posted here all the time that I look at
because I am the moderator but you don't see me add to the discussion and that is because
I have enough sense to not comment on something that does not interest me. I sure as
heck am not going to cry about it and make a big hoopla over it.

You folks have 3 months and then I am outta here. I don't know what they will do then.
All this baby-fied stuff, they'll probably just shut the forum down completely.

Valerie my Moderator » Post #47

Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:32 in General Talk

I want to make something very clear.

I have NEVER and I mean absolutely NEVER locked a members topic on ANY religion
UNLESS it was resulting in anger, vulgarity, member reports.

I do NOT believe in reincarnation. Have you ever seen me lock a topic because of
reincarnation discussion? NO.

I do not care what your faith is and I don't care what your political views are.

You folks must realize that myself, as a moderator, has no personal vendettas nor any
personal likes or non-likes to a members personality here. I don't know any of you.

The discussions that have been on politics and/or religions lately has been good. No
vulgarity, calm discussions.

BUT when even ONE member comes along and goes so far as to post in the Feature
Request to not have political or religious discussions due to Rule 13, I have to abide
by that because it is a rule.

Now then one or you may say that should be posted on a blog or some where else.
Well I for one 100% disagree. There is nothing about the 'General Talk' forum that
says one must only discuss this or that on their blog or else where. There is nothing
that says we can only post about spinach and bananas.

And for the record 'Alternate Words' is like a person stealing apples and saying it was
ok because it wasn't oranges.

Who do you think you are dealing with here?

Y'all really don't want to get me fired up. I am a nice person. :D
But don't think you can pull the wool over my eyes. I am very far from stupid and
my ignorance tends to go only so far.

For the umpteenth and the last time, I really do not give a hoot what you discuss in
these forums but as long as I am moderator and as long as their are complaints that
pertain to the rules listed, I will abide by them AND after I am gone, you won't need
to concern yourself as to what I do here since I won't be here!

Selfies - Dangerous? » Post #7

Mon Oct 05, 2020 07:28 in General Talk

I don't know what their mind set is. Do they think they are beyond harm/death?

It's just really really dumb.

Selfies - Dangerous? » Post #5

Sun Oct 04, 2020 20:29 in General Talk

I don't know why people do such stupid things like that.

Some people enjoy taking risks such as parachuting, bungee jumping, mountain climbing, and so on.

But to go so far as to risk your life to take a photo, is insane.

Valerie my Moderator » Post #39

Sun Oct 04, 2020 20:26 in General Talk

tasman1 wrote:
Darkstar2 wrote:
tasman1 wrote: She can be yours Mod but from this moment she is not my moderator anymore , as a mod she is not fair

But senior, she capitulated to your DEMAND to ban LEGIT and SERIOUS topics - Which moderator anywhere would grant such a request from ONE member - now you say she is not fair ? Hmm that's kinda strange though, nobody said anything about banning anybody, you wanted a moderator that locks topics and ban topics, your wish was granted - that's the way I see it :P I don't think anybody wants you banned here, nobody ever said that.

She did lock my last few topic and there was not a single word about politic or religion

Think she wants me out of ySense forever

Yes there was. Don't argue with me. I am tired of your senseless junk. These forums are NOT about you!
For years you have posted political and religious topics and now all of a sudden you want the rule enforced.

Well let me tell you something, I am not going to argue with you. When you post inappropriately, your
post will be deleted, edited, and/or locked.

Selfies - Dangerous? » Post #3

Sun Oct 04, 2020 18:58 in General Talk

I take that back about the lion. I viewed it again on YouTube and the guy (according the narrater)
was either sitting on the rail or some how got to close and fell in. Also, it was a white tiger. Really
terrible thing to see caught on video and no one could do anything about it.

Selfies - Dangerous? » Post #1

Sun Oct 04, 2020 15:38 in General Talk

Are selfies dangerous?

I say they certainly can be.

It seems more and more people are dying due to taking a selfie at dangerous locations.

I remember some years ago, I think it was an Indian, was trying to take a selfie and he fell into
a lions den at a zoo in India. At first, the big lion only stared at him but as people screamed and
tried to chase the lion back away from the fallen man, it made matters worse. The lion grabbed
up the man like he was a mouse, and ran to the far side of the lion den, he mauled the man to
death.

Some people fall from cliffs while trying to get a selfie with a scenic background.

Just recently, two college women fell from a rooftop 4 flours down into an ally while trying to take
a selfie.

So now, many amusement parks, rec areas, are considering placing warning signs:

'Do not take selfies here' or 'Selfie Dangerous', etc.

Maybe a better sign would be a 'Have Common Sense'.

Valerie my Moderator » Post #34

Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:06 in General Talk

The Reeses Outrageous candy bars are very good but I have never bought one.
After eating something like 32 of them in one month, I was burnt out.

Funny you mention delivery because today Sunday is the first Sunday I can ever
remember receiving a package from FedEx. They don't run on Sundays unless it
some sort of special delivery. It was a pan but one that was slow at shipping out
so I guess they thought to ship them out fast once they got the orders squared
away for samplers.

I have two front doors. One is entry into the living room and the other is entry
into the den. The routine delivery drivers know to leave packages at the den
door. I have an outdoor bench and an outdoor side table by the den door. They
often sit packages on the bench and/or the table of simply on the concrete drive
if the package is large. Some drivers lately don't know so they take the package
all the way up to the main front door onto the porch.

No, sampling has not slowed but some items are taking longer to deliver than
normally would. I don't know why that is.

@wildbillhickok, yes that is it in a nutshell. I don't have anything against anyone
here, not even the ones that call me names. I've never met in person anyone
here so I have no real reason to dislike anyone on these forums. It's kind of
funny to me how someone can dislike someone on a forum. To me, that is kind
of an ignorant stance. You know, it's like screaming 'I am stupid'. :lol:
I may dislike what someone posted but that does not mean that I would not like
the person if I were to meet that person. Vice versa is true also.

There's always going to be people that don't like the moderators. Like I have
said, the moderators are moderators and not here to win a popularity contest.

I try to do what Jim told moderators to do and follow the rules and use our own
discretion. That's it.

Spring in Brazil » Post #15

Sun Oct 04, 2020 07:01 in General Talk

PETER ALLEN "I Go To Rio" at Radio City Music Hall - Rockettes - YouTube

Can you see him outside doing that in 110 F temps in Rio?

Valerie my Moderator » Post #29

Sun Oct 04, 2020 06:53 in General Talk

@Darkstar2, you ask what kind....it was Reeses Outrageous Bars.

Me must not forget to answer me questions. Canadian learn I must.

Valerie my Moderator » Post #27

Sat Oct 03, 2020 20:57 in General Talk

......and desks, lamps, dish towels, dog food, dog treats, dog toys, cat food, cat treats, cat stuff, baby mattresses, baby crib, holiday decorations, rugs, vitamins, health products.....

I keep the stuff. Some companies do not allow for the item to be given away. In addition, those
same companies won't allow you to throw the item away until six months has passed. Also, the
same companies do not allow the items to be sold.

There's a lot of things I do in fact use. Some I use for awhile. Eventually stuff gets moved outside
to one of my storage buildings.

Valerie my Moderator » Post #22

Sat Oct 03, 2020 18:22 in General Talk

vacuums
car supplies: car seat covers, car cleaners, car vac
tires
ropes
tents
bat mitten set

I've never received a fishing rod.

Valerie my Moderator » Post #21

Sat Oct 03, 2020 18:20 in General Talk

Well I dunno, Darkstar2, in regards to product sampling in Canada. That is a topic I could
have on my site. I get large stuff and small stuff and inexpensive stuff and expensive stuff.
I focus on products I can use.

I've received stuff like:

tv's
sofa's
china
skillets
pan sets
coffee makers
blankets
bed frames
mattresses
comforters
pillows
brooms
mops
cleaning supplies
food
salads
candy
pizza's
curtains
drapes
tv stands
computers
laptops
paper products: diaries, notebooks, school supplies, fountain pens
shoes
dresses
sunglasses
cosmetics
skin care
tools: power tools, drills, screwdrivers, etc
paint
garden tools: garden shears, hedge trimmer, shovels, rakes, weedeater, etc
computer accessories: mouse, mouse, and more mouse, mouse pads, computer stands, etc
printers
faucets
electric heaters
radiator oil heaters
crock pots and numerous other cookware
............and more more more more more more

I've been doing it for years.

One time I actually got a huge case of candy bars. Every day I was eating those candy bars.
They were so good. It took me a month to eat them all. :mrgreen:

Valerie my Moderator » Post #14

Sat Oct 03, 2020 15:56 in General Talk

Well Darkstar2, yes and no to your idea about support. Yes in that I think it is a good idea but
no in regards to member accounts. Moderators are a good support system for answering many
questions and directing members on how to's. When a member has an account issue, a mod
has no access to member accounts and should not have. But they could have a system like they
do with the mod forum in that no one can access it but admins and mods. Therefore for account
issues, those could posted in a designated forum in which administration support can fix and/or
reply with email. Actually, I think that would be a very good system for everyone because the
company Prodege would actually save money, moderators would be paid, members would receive
better and faster support.

All active moderators receive a bonus at years end. The bonus amounts are based on moderator
activity. Some mod bonuses are very small because they do only moderate one forum and it
may be one that is rarely active. The same could be implemented for stipends.

Some sub forums do not have a moderator. Yes, it's come to that.

The Polish sub forum moderator, is here occasionally but has been very busy else where.

You see you can't blame people for needing to make money. Like I said, originally it was OK
on CS to volunteer but it wasn't long that Jim even saw he needed to pay us something so
he started the yearly bonus.

NO Darkstar2, there is no secrets that I have. I am being honest. I do have a little bit of a
life on here and off here. I do product sampling online and I have really been meaning to
start a site about how to get free stuff. That would be attached to a training program on
how to get free cash. Attached to that would be one or two other things that I can't discuss
at this time.

So this is what I am saying. If Prodege is not going to pay me a stipend, I have other things
I can be doing with my time instead of spending it here for $0.

That's it. No secrets.

Valerie my Moderator » Post #4

Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:08 in General Talk

It was here, and I think that is about it.

ClixSense did not initially have a forum but when all the other PTC programs popped up
with forums, they felt like they may need to also. I suppose when Neobux came along
with their forum, CS felt it was time to have one too.

ClixSense even set sub forums with similar titles such as 'success stories', 'payment proofs', etc.

Although not everyone posts and not everyone reads forums, they are a good idea.

Support is something that is not general. It's a must.

This IS the internet and it's anyone's game/market. Other earning opportunities pop up and
are developed all the time. It's the company with great support, great earning options, fast
payouts, easy system, that always rises to the top.

Did you know? » Post #6

Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:59 in General Talk

Well yep. Our theory is as good as theirs. :D

Come to think of it, I don't have a theory about that. :lol:

Ankieta i pytania o objawy covid-19 » Post #8

Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:39 in Polish

To jest powszechne. Na początku dostaję również ukryte pytania i czasami kwalifikuję się do wypełnienia ankiety, a czasami nie. W związku z tą pandemią niektóre routery pytają o to na początku procedury wstępnego przesiewania.

It is common. I get the covid questions at the start also and some times I qualify to take the survey and some times not. With this pandemic going on, some routers ask this at the start of a prescreener.

Valerie my Moderator » Post #2

Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:35 in General Talk

Thanks Jose but I don't think they're interested in paying moderators.

They may do away with the forums completely. That, I don't know.

Did you know? » Post #4

Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:31 in General Talk

In a way, I guess it depends on how you look at it.

What I mean is, the Indians were in America. So it is not like it was not discovered by anyone.

Some think the American Indians were of Asian decent. Maybe. Altho it does seem more probable
to be they were Aztec Indians from perhaps more than one culture or breed. In other words, Mexicans.
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Apr 15, 2021 19:10:50 EST