Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

So my grandpa (82) just got his first computer... » Post #3

Sun Mar 04, 2012 17:51 in General Talk

:lol: Your grandpa is having a lot of fun. He enjoys all those jokes and such and since laughter is good, he may enjoy a longer life span.

I also think you really got to give it to the elderly generation for diving in, using computers.

There are still yet today, many people, even younger than me, that won't dare touch a computer.
Usually, they make excuses that actually make no sense. :mrgreen:

I recall a guy that was out here some years ago, (logger) that cut my trees down for the pond area
I was preparing for. We were talking one day and something brought up the subject of computers.
He said he does not use computers, never has used a computer and never will use a computer. I
said 'why not?' and he just shook his head. That man was probably only in his late 30's or early 40's.

If you have never used a computer, never accessed the internet, then how do you know you would
not like it?

I think some people are simply afraid of the technology. Afraid they would not be able to learn it.
Or afraid that it is really difficult to learn.

I won $50 and did not even know it » Post #1

Sun Mar 04, 2012 01:35 in General Talk

You really need to keep an eye on stuff you do because you never know.

I'm a member of a free poll program. No I am not advertising it here.

Feb 26th, I won the random $50 daily prize. As a norm, I log in at least once a day but been so busy,
I did not get back over there til now. Of course, then I saw that I had won the $50.

I tell you, this has happen to me before at various times and various programs over the years.

A program I am still a member of that I joined many many years ago, one time I had forgot about it,
logged in months later, and I had over $200 earnings in it. It is just a safe list.

Another time, in a program I joined almost 15 years ago (and I am still a member), I had over $35 in it
and did not even know it for several years. :lol:

It's a good idea to keep track of everything you are a member of. I know today it is so easy to join the
multitude of free stuff out there, and then forget about it.

And take ClixSense for example. There is no doubt in my mind that some people join it, are active, even
put promotions out there, then get busy doing something else....all the while, their promotions are out
there, search engines and what not. Some probably went inactive not even realizing they left money on
the table. Some may be in active mode but have not logged in for awhile and not realizing they have funds.
And many probably don't even realize how much money they really could be making IF they were a premium
member, logging in and clicking ads daily, doing a few tasks from time to time, and putting out there some
promos as their time allows.....and what's really funny is many of those exact same people, are still out there
searching for a way to make money online. Go figure!

Am I awake yet? » Post #5

Sat Mar 03, 2012 16:58 in General Talk

Naw, I'm gonna live forever because I don't want to miss a thang. :lol:

Am I awake yet? » Post #3

Sat Mar 03, 2012 14:51 in General Talk

I was just a few weeks past my 18th birthday when she was born.

Some people say, it's not good to marry soon and have children at an early age.
I tend to disagree with that, to a point anyway.

There are many benefits to have children when you're young. You don't have the big generation gap.
I think you can relate to your children better, understand more of what they are dealing with and going thru.
Also, altho their are changes all the time, there really isn't that much of a gap. Just like me and my kids.
They remember when there was no flat screen tv's, no hd tv, no 3d tv, no widespread internet use, did
not grow up with computers, played outside, etc. Even tho they did not exist in that 60's era, did not see
live when we put the first man on the moon, the gap is still very small.

And it's fun! When your daughter marries, you're still going to have many years that you can enjoy
going out to eat together, going shopping together, perhaps even having many years to enjoy your
grand children.

Many people that marry and have children later in life, never live long enough to see their grand children.

My oldest grand child is eleven. It's very probable, I will live long enough to see and enjoy my great grand children.

Something to think about, I think, when considering marriage and having children.

PS. I am 56 going on 16 :mrgreen:

What are your plans for today? » Post #6

Sat Mar 03, 2012 14:32 in General Talk

Mongoose is the best in my experience.

PS. I'll tell you something else, I think you are better off going to a direct dealer than going to discount stores, such as walmart. If you are going to assemble it yourself, that's a different matter. Go directly to a store that deals in bikes only.
Usually there is already many assembled that you can buy right then. But if there is not, firmly look the dealer in the eye and say, 'MAKE SURE IT IS COMPLETELY ASSEMBLED CORRECTLY OR I WILL BE BACK FOR A REFUND!'

What are your plans for today? » Post #2

Sat Mar 03, 2012 13:14 in General Talk

I'm waiting for someone to wake me up. :lol:

Am I awake yet? » Post #1

Sat Mar 03, 2012 13:09 in General Talk

A partial email message to my friend:

Natalie's birthday is the 7th. She'll be 38. Barbara, I have a child that is soon to be 38. GAWWW!
Can you believe it??? I think some times I must surely be asleep in the basement on spruce street
and I must have watched some crazy late night movie....because there is no way I can be 56 years
old with a child almost 40 years old. There is no such thing as an internet and I have made up all
the new discovers in my mind. There is no cell phones. There is no HD tv. There is especially
no 3D tv and no way is there an IPad. Fish net hosiery will always be in and bell bottoms will never
go out of style. Turntables are always the best sound and nothing could ever replace a 45 rpm record..
except an album. There is no such thing as capris in women's fashion...it's just a name I made up in
my head for the ever so popular peddle pushers I wear. There is no such thing as video games....
unimaginable except in my nightmare...kids will always jump rope on the sidewalk, always play kick
the can, and always play with dolls that do nothing. Cancer is something also in this crazy dream
I am having. The marlboro man does still exist! He rides the horse gallantly into the sunset smoking
that wonderful aromatic cigarette. The Land OF SkyBlue Waters is still in existence and very few
people go to AA meetings. And by all means, running in the mosquito spray fog behind the truck,
does not cause something called 'cancer' in later years! Now somebody wake me up for school, I
got to wear those new rubber galoshes granny bought me for trudging thru that wintery Chicago
historic snow this year....1967.

Am I awake yet?

referal » Post #2

Sat Mar 03, 2012 09:59 in General Talk

:P I like your avatar.

Read the tips in the forums here about gaining referrals.

Hello from U.S.A. » Post #2

Fri Mar 02, 2012 14:51 in Member Introduction

Welcome to the forums! :P

My payment » Post #2

Fri Mar 02, 2012 14:50 in Payment Proofs

Congrats!

Why do people hide their stats » Post #61

Thu Mar 01, 2012 13:55 in General Talk

I guess I'd have to take that black cat up there. They say solid white cats are blind. :lol:

Why do people hide their stats » Post #59

Thu Mar 01, 2012 13:53 in General Talk

:lol: you so funny mutchy wutchy!

I'm kind of partial to Denmark, myself.

I'll never leave America but if I were to change countries, Denmark would be at the top of my list.

Why do people hide their stats » Post #56

Thu Mar 01, 2012 13:45 in General Talk

The Americans did not steal it. :lol:

You'd first have to ask, 'WHO really is the Americans?'

The answer would be 'Indians'. Not the British. Not the Americans.

The red native indians, are the true owners of America. And they have been treated worse, than any
other nationality in America. That is what America is made up of, people from all nationalities. But it
is the Indian, that was here first in regards to human life.

And Jeff is correct. It's not so much that members hide their stats as it is, they simply don't set their stats
to appear. Most members do not use the forum, do not post at the forum, do not visit the forum. Out of
the ones that do post at the forum, most are simply posting a hello and/or posting their payment proof.

My 1st payment » Post #2

Thu Mar 01, 2012 00:36 in Payment Proofs

Congrats!

My 10th payment » Post #2

Tue Feb 28, 2012 18:43 in Payment Proofs

:$ Congrats! :kitty:

My 3rd payment! » Post #2

Tue Feb 28, 2012 18:42 in Payment Proofs

Yippee! :thumbup:

my 1st payment » Post #2

Tue Feb 28, 2012 18:41 in Payment Proofs

Way to go! Keep up the great work! :P