Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

This blows my mind! » Post #16

Mon Aug 10, 2020 22:02 in General Talk

I can't speak for elsewhere but in the USA, most everyone has a card or can get a card
if they don't have one. If you have a bank account, you have a debit card. If you are
retired on SS you either have direct deposit or a card the deposit goes onto if you don't
have a bank account.

But yep, if you are young, homeless without a bank account or any means of funds, then
you would not need to concern yourself with it. It's the soup kitchens and donations that
would keep you afloat.

Sturgis Rally - Rut Ro! » Post #23

Mon Aug 10, 2020 18:48 in General Talk

In the globe to stop, they begin slowing down their speed and decent to the bottom.

The one's I have watched live, there is a door at the bottom in which the bikes come in and leave.
As they make their way back to the bottom, one goes slower than the others and so on. The result
is one reaching the bottom first and leaving thru the door, then the next one and next, etc.

It's one thing for an event to last one to three days. It's another for an even to last ten days.

So you see what is also happening is bikers coming and going and some leaving and returning.
There's lodging and hotel rooms and no doubt many reservations made long in advance. Another
thing about the money is 'refunds' so if they canceled, all those places would need to submit refunds.

We've gone to rallies and have left to go over to another town, out some where special to eat, then
we would go back to the rally. A lot of that is no doubt going on in Sturgis too. A big reason why
the Sioux have their area blocked off. It's a constant flow of traffic for ten days.

The Daytona Bike Rally, same thing. We went to those often because we had friends that lived in
Daytona. We'd go down town where all the street traffic is, then we would leave and go on down
to Sea World or some where else, come back to the street events, go back to the friends house,
leave and head to Jacksonville, and so on.

What I am saying is, it's not just being at the rally. It's the getting to it, the leaving it, and the
coming and going. All the people they come into contact with along those paths.

Sturgis Rally - Rut Ro! » Post #11

Mon Aug 10, 2020 14:35 in General Talk

Oh and also, normally the Sioux allow traffic across their territory but it's said during this
rally they are not allowing delivery trucks or any vehicles to pass thru. Perhaps they would
allow an ambulance, but not even sure about that.

Sturgis Rally - Rut Ro! » Post #10

Mon Aug 10, 2020 14:33 in General Talk

That's what it's all about, money.

Actually, the Sioux Indians blocked them from coming in across their territory. So, you got
to hand it to the Sioux for their caution. However, there is of course other routes to entering
Sturgis.

South Dakota is a State that has a low pandemic count and they do not enforce masks, etc.
They did not close businesses. Much of the country has looked at South Dakota, wondering
how they have done such a great job of a low pandemic count compared to every where else.

The Sturgis Rally brings in BILLIONS of dollars. Not millions. BILLIONS. To cancel it would
be a be big disappointment to their money bags. It is said the council members of Sturgis
voted against having the rally. But as everyone can see, they are having it anyway.

Sturgis Rally - Rut Ro! » Post #8

Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:46 in General Talk

I think it is that 'it won't happen to me' and 'I won't die if I do get it' type of thinking.

One large problem with that type of thinking is people don't know what conditions they may have
or how their DNA will react to the virus when they do get it.

It's always amazing to see bungee jumpers and tight rope walkers and mountain climbers and so
many people seem to live for a thrill. Those types of thrills can kill you and as far as I know, you
don't come back. You have one life to live and I think many people are not cautious with that gift.

Life is a precious gift that we can't afford to toss away but unfortunately many people do just that.

I always enjoyed going to the big biker rallies. They have some amazing and fun events. One such
event is almost terrifying to watch. It's the 'Globe of Death'. The one's I have watched is not enclosed
at the top.....makes it even more dangerous because anyone could drop something down into the circle.
Several experienced bikers ride at excessive speeds criss crossing each other until their speed is so fast
they are actually riding on the walls. It's always a main attraction.

Sturgis Rally - Rut Ro! » Post #5

Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:50 in General Talk

Unless one has had their head buried under a rock this year, everyone is aware of the
pandemic.

The majority of people that get the virus now, is people that were very much aware of it
and aware of the precautions. If they get it, it's most probable due to their lack of taking
necessary precautions. It doesn't matter what country you are in, you should be aware of
what you need to do to protect yourself. I know all people can't go the extra mile, but the
point is, they are aware, they do know what they need to do for protection.

Just like all the half million or more people at Sturgis. They are alll aware of the pandemic.
They all know what they are supposed to do to protect themselves and others. They are
determined to ignore the signs, hop on their bike, head on to Sturgis, bumper to bumper
butts in the streets and bars, coughing, sneezing, peeing, pooping, yelling, screaming,
spitting, sweating, drinking, drugging, and all that wonderful stuff that comes with a big
biker party. Dare I mention 'sales'. Touching touching touching t-shirts, handbags, bike
equipment, and so on. What about age, young? Noooooooo! Young and Old go to the
biker parties.

I think it's gonna be bad. I really do. I think in a few weeks, we are going to see a huge
rise in cases.

This blows my mind! » Post #14

Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:35 in General Talk

Isn't that cute..... loonie and twonie. :lol:

Watch the new series on Netflix 'Connection' or maybe it is 'Connections'. You'd like it.

I canceled my Netflix due to expire the 19th so I need to finish watching Connections and
several others. 'Immigration Nation' is another I am watching.

Usually I cancel Netflix at Spring around April and resubscribe in the Fall around November.
I seem to be watching more tv this year.

Well I deposited my $1 dollar bills today. It was a little early for me to do so but I did since
things are getting very weird these days. Not in my area but some areas Walmart is not
accepting cash!!! I can't confirm that, by the way, but my sister told me that so who knows. :lol:

See Future in few words.....tasman1 » Post #14

Mon Aug 10, 2020 07:16 in General Talk

Eat some beans and bananas.

Sturgis Rally - Rut Ro! » Post #3

Mon Aug 10, 2020 07:15 in General Talk

No. Sturgis is welll known for black hills gold.

It has a rather long history. It started in the late 1930's with a few friends getting together
and riding Indian Motorcycles. Soon, they began having contests, who could get from point
a to point b first. Eventually it grew and became known as 'The Black Hills Rally' (due to the
black gold in the Dakota mountains).

In the late 40's a guy opened a bike store/shop in Sturgis. His nick name was 'Pappy'. He
is considered the founder of the Sturgis Rally.

Pappy rode an old Indian (well at that time it was not old). Over time the rally grew and grew.

Now every year in August, people from all over the world visit Sturgis, South Dakota for the
Harley Bike Rally. Old Indian bikes are welcome too. Whatever you do, don't ride a crotch
rocket to the rally! :lol:

Generally, over half a million people attend the big Sturgis Rally.

It's a ten day party fest where most anything goes.

My husband had a super glide (Harley) and we went to many rallies across the country. We
never made it to the big Sturgis Rally but they also have one called 'Little Sturgis' that is in
located in Kentucky. We went to the first 2 rallies at Little Sturgis. I guess now it's going on
20 years or more and has grown.

I think there are one or more other towns name 'Sturgis' that mimic the big Sturgis rally in
S. Dakota.

Hello everyone! » Post #10

Mon Aug 10, 2020 06:44 in Member Introduction

Admin stated you did "successfully verify their pin on 04/08/20"

Glad you got it worked out with the ticket system.

City of Joy, India - Om Prakash Puri » Post #1

Sun Aug 09, 2020 22:46 in General Talk

Is there such a city in India?

Om Prakash Puri was a very good actor in that movie.
(died in 2017)

Sturgis Rally - Rut Ro! » Post #1

Sun Aug 09, 2020 22:43 in General Talk

I guess we'll see in a few weeks how many come back home with the covid-19 virus.
Of course, we won't ever know how many spread it to others across the USA....

....BUT.....don't forget......harley riders from all across the world go to Sturgis!

YIKES!

Is Canada hiding the true COVID19 cases ???? » Post #16

Sun Aug 09, 2020 22:41 in General Talk

Statistics don't relay much in facts these days. I am not sure they ever did.

Kind of like when Trump was running for president and all the statistics said he would lose
and Clinton would win by a landslide.

If they say 50,000 people died from the flu, they may also say those same 50,000 people
died from cancer.

If you have ever looked at a death certificates, they tend to run off a bit about everything
or rarely nothing.

In other words, when a person dies, they may state the person died of the flu because that
person had the flu which put the person in the hospital and the person got the flu due to a
poor immune system, due to brain cancer, due to .....and so on. It's the same for dying of
pneumonia. It's the same for a person that may have multiple health issues but died due
to being hospitalized for one of them.

Is Canada hiding the true COVID19 cases ???? » Post #12

Sun Aug 09, 2020 18:37 in General Talk

:lol:

Is Canada hiding the true COVID19 cases ???? » Post #10

Sun Aug 09, 2020 17:31 in General Talk

But how can they say 40% don't have symptoms of a total population in which.....at least
in the USA, only a small fraction has been tested.

See Future in few words.....tasman1 » Post #11

Sun Aug 09, 2020 16:17 in General Talk

Yeah it's rather crazy the 'green burger' thingie. Just a marketing ploy to say they are healthy
for you. I wouldn't eat it.

When my spouse was alive, some times he would say, 'lets have a toaster cheese'. I don't know
if anyone else does that but I coined the word 'toaster cheese' due to my laziness. So here is
my own recipe for toaster cheese:

Prep time: Really fast :lol:

2 slices of bread
1 slice of cheese (any kind you want)
1 slice of tomato
Mayo

Place bread in popup toaster and toast to very brown.
Spread some mayonnaise on each slide
Cut thin slice of tomato on place on one toast
Place cheese on other toast and inset in microwave just until cheese is melted
Place melted cheese toast on top of tomato toast
Slice in two sections, eat with a side of pickles and/or chips

Coronavirus Myths(Fake Info) » Post #19

Sun Aug 09, 2020 16:08 in General Talk

There is absolutely no proof at all as to how the virus started.

We can guess since it appeared to start in Wuhan China, that it came from those awful bloody
horrific street markets in which they cage various exotic and precious domestic animals beside
and atop each other. Very very nasty to say the least. So it could have originated from bats
or due to a combination of sick animals. I just don't know how anyone could eat that nasty
fly infested stuff. If I was starving, I could not and would not eat it. I'd choose to die first.

Any way you look at it, there is no proof at this time.

Is Canada hiding the true COVID19 cases ???? » Post #6

Sun Aug 09, 2020 08:43 in General Talk

If they don't have symptoms then how do they know 40% don't have symptoms?

:lol:

It's ALL bs. All of it.

The only real fact and real proof we have is :

-There is a virus
-Some get sick from the virus
-Some die from the virus
-We don't have a vaccine for the virus

Coronavirus Myths(Fake Info) » Post #14

Sun Aug 09, 2020 08:39 in General Talk

That's not proof.

That's an article.

Hello everyone! » Post #8

Sun Aug 09, 2020 08:37 in Member Introduction

Because your reply has nothing to do with this issue.
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Nov 28, 2020 02:53:46 EST