Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

Selfies - Dangerous? » Post #34

Sun Oct 11, 2020 17:27 in General Talk

Exactly!

Selfies - Dangerous? » Post #32

Sun Oct 11, 2020 14:19 in General Talk

People didn't wear clothes, originally.

When people did start wearing clothes, it was because they were ashamed and
because they needed protection from the elements.

People probably did not care what their clothes looked like as long as they took
care of their intended purpose. Animal skins for warmth.

At some point, some idiot said, let's have 'fashion'.

Selfies - Dangerous? » Post #30

Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:21 in General Talk

I always wondered about that spaceship 'model'.

I've watched a lot of old movies as I do prefer those over movies today.
I like them because I can see how people decorated their homes, the clothes they wore,
their moralities, the respect they gave to others, and so much more such as their ideas
on 'spaceships'.

War of the Worlds 1953 movie
War of the Worlds (1953) - main battle scene in English (in full) - YouTube

The Day the Earth Stood Still 1951 movie
The Day the Earth Stood Still (2/5) Movie CLIP - Gort Appears (1951) HD - YouTube

With the 1953 movie, they went out of their comfort zone (so to speak) and made ships
that were shaped more like a stingray.

But in the older UFO movies like the 1951 movie, spaceships were almost always round.
That goes for comic books too. AND for many years, when people swore they saw an
alien spacecraft, it was always round like a Top (toy). Only in more recent years are
people saying they've viewed cigar shaped space craft and other shapes.

The 1951 movie is pretty cool because it gets one to thinking 'what if we as humans did
not have weapons at all?'

Selfies - Dangerous? » Post #28

Sun Oct 11, 2020 08:40 in General Talk

Well now that certainly brings up a religious statement.....

If aliens do not wear clothes, they do not have the Bible that states people must hide their nakedness.

BUT then again, are they considered 'people' in accordance with the Bible or do they have a bible that
states aliens do not hide your nakedness.

Coronavirus baby boom or bust? » Post #9

Sun Oct 11, 2020 08:36 in General Talk

If Biden becomes president, we're all liable to be on lock down.

Stocking up on beans and cornbread may be a better idea than it was last year.

Coronavirus baby boom or bust? » Post #7

Sat Oct 10, 2020 22:09 in General Talk

I don't think there is far more covid deaths than what is reported.
If anything, the opposite.

I don't know about any where else but in the USA there must be a death certificate
that states what the person dies of.

This is why I said I would like the real numbers of covid deaths in regards to ages, etc.

Obviously, the older persons are the majority of deaths from covid. And I would go so
far to say the majority of those are the very elderly and the ones with one or more
medical issues.

That's not to say younger people don't or will not die from it. It's to say I would like
to know what else the young people that did die from it, suffered from. Out of those,
I just betcha some of them had underlying conditions too.

And boy oh boy, they are really pushing the flu shot in the USA. I had told my sister
last month when it came out, we best get it before something comes up and they run
out of it. We're glad we already got ours. Covid is already on the rise again in the USA.

I may have to lock myself in the house this winter.

Selfies - Dangerous? » Post #26

Sat Oct 10, 2020 19:33 in General Talk

A good point, indeed!

One never hears of aliens visiting their bedroom at night with clothes on.

It's always three little gray men with big eyes.

If aliens are so smart, then why can't they afford clothes and their own socks and shoes! :mrgreen:

09-10-2020: $ 11.25 earned! » Post #6

Sat Oct 10, 2020 19:27 in Success Stories

There's a lot of greed in the world and greedy people that go with it.

Often it does not matter what you do for someone or how much you help them, when
it comes to money, you mean little.

Jim was good at keeping the program afloat and trying to keep members satisfied
with news updates from time to time and acting quickly on bugs.

The bad is that Jim did not pay his moderators a stipend and another bad is that he did
not send or make any kind of notification on site or the forum nor by email of his departure.

I don't know how much he made clear with his program and I don't care. In my opinion
he is no different than many other people I have known over the years and helped online.
Dare I mention people offline.

It does make one almost feel as if they have been raped. There is more than one definition
to that term. There is no reason at all that he could not come on this forum and thank
everyone for their participation and say a farewell. No reason at all. He said it in the mod
forum, he should have said it to everyone here.

09-10-2020: $ 11.25 earned! » Post #4

Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:47 in Success Stories

Great! Glad you thanked me for all that money you've been making.
So how much do you want to give me? :lol:

Well if you get rid of your sponsor, make sure they move you to a new
sponsor......me. :mrgreen:

Selfies - Dangerous? » Post #24

Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:40 in General Talk

We don't sleep with out socks and shoes on. :?

Well, I do know people that sleep with their socks on. I can't stand to sleep withs socks on.
I guess I am safe in my bed because I don't wear socks or shoes to bed.

Of course, it obviously has nothing to do with bed time. Those people go missing during the day
in the wilderness.

Maybe they need to study the brand of socks and shoes.

For example, if a person is wearing a cheap pair of Walmart socks and boots, no alien in their
right mind would want to risk stealing those. But just think if the person is wearing high quality
brand socks and an expensive pair of Timberland hiking boots.....now that is an aliens dream wear.

Why every alien would be the envy of an alien showing off his human timberland hiking boots.

Now that leads us to another question.

How many feet does aliens have?

If an alien has 4 feet, it would make sense he is going to work harder to get those expensive
socks and boots. He'll have to steal two sets instead of one. The more feet he has, the more
work and ...... the more missing people.

Something to take into strong thoughts. I am sure if all of us here work together we can
produce a theory that may just land us the Noble Peace Prize.....or at the very least...... the
All Star Forums Idiot Award.

Either award would certainly be a special occasion and fun time had by all.

Who's with me on our adventure to alien socks and shoes discovery theory?

Don't hold back! It's very important to the sock and shoe industry.

We all know there is nothing more important to consume our time with. 8-)

Selfies - Dangerous? » Post #22

Sat Oct 10, 2020 07:50 in General Talk

One might first think a wild animal attacked the person and dragged the body off some where else.
The problem with this theory is the people did not have bite marks nor scratches when they were found.

Many are never found but their supplies along with socks and shoes are found.

So weird!

09-10-2020: $ 11.25 earned! » Post #2

Sat Oct 10, 2020 07:38 in Success Stories

In my opinion he should never had made such a deal with you or anyone else.
IF he did want to make such a deal, he should have made it for a limited time (first month).

The deal he made with you was overly generous. Since he has been giving you his earnings
for years, I would think you would be more than appreciative. Why in the world would you
go so far as to request him to be removed as your sponsor is very low indeed.

I would think you would be thanking him. All the money you have earned from CS and yS,
you may have never made if it had not been for your sponsor. In addition, all the extra
money you have made over the years due to the sponsor giving back.

Yes, possibly your sponsor is dead in one term or another.

Selfies - Dangerous? » Post #19

Fri Oct 09, 2020 20:53 in General Talk

I thought about people that have escaped society and made their life in the wilderness.

I don't think any of those segments were Alaska.

Still, you know there are people that are either on the run from something or simply
fed up with society and prefer to live in the wild. Those people know or have learned
their way around the air and have learned to survive. So, shoes and socks would be
like just stumbling on a free for all Walmart. Actually, I think one did mention a man
that not only had his shoes gone but also his belt. Even the woman that was found
without her shoes nor socks.....well, women wear boots and hiking shoes too. I guess
a shoe or boot of any size can be useful to a hermit.

There was that hermit in Canada that lived a long life up there in a little tiny cave. He
had came home or escaped the war and lived in no where land almost his entire life.
Hunters would come across him some times and there was a few people that came to
know of him and his existence. Finally one day since they could not get him to come
back into society, they built him a nice heated house. He stayed in it one day and left
never to be heard of again. Some say they should have left the old man alone because
he enjoyed his little dirty cave and the life he had of solitude. It was rather sad.

Getting unordered seeds in the mail. » Post #13

Fri Oct 09, 2020 20:38 in General Talk

Getting unordered seeds in the mail. » Post #10

Fri Oct 09, 2020 17:09 in General Talk

AND it would need to be people with deep pockets since it cost money to send
packages.

Getting unordered seeds in the mail. » Post #8

Fri Oct 09, 2020 14:20 in General Talk

We laugh about things but one can never be too careful these days.

When covid first hit, I didn't take it seriously that China deliberately produced it.

However, one day shortly after all the talk, I heard Robert O'Neil make a fast brief statement
stating 'China did deliberately create the virus'. Then when the lab guy that stated it was
created in their lab in China....went missing for over two weeks, returned with a video stating
the opposite, it clinched it for me.

So whether the virus came from the wet market or the lab, one thing I feel very confident
about, China made sure it made it's way around the world.

Coronavirus baby boom or bust? » Post #4

Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:11 in General Talk

I have 3 children and 5 grand children, and 1 great grand child.

I think that is correct. Last I checked. Getting more difficult to keep up with the gang. :lol:

My oldest daughter has 2 children
My next daughter has 1 child
My son has 2 children and 1 of his children is much older than his second and she had a baby so he is a grandfather.....my first great grandchild.

It seems really really strange to have a son that is a grandfather, not to mention me a great grandmother.

Time waits for no man....or woman. :shock:

Well it will be interesting to see what this pandemic time frame will result in regards to births, not
just deaths.

Speaking of deaths, in the USA, I would be interested to know the real or close to real percentages
of the ages of those that died from the pandemic AND what other if any previous health conditions
they had.

Coronavirus baby boom or bust? » Post #2

Fri Oct 09, 2020 07:03 in General Talk

I'm a baby boomer but that was very different back in the baby boom era than
it would be today.

Baby Boomers - Year Range, Definition & Facts - HISTORY

Baby Boomers Today

Today, the oldest baby boomers are already in their 60s. By 2030, about one in five Americans will be older than 65, and some experts believe that the aging of the population will place a strain on social welfare systems.

Selfies - Dangerous? » Post #16

Thu Oct 08, 2020 18:30 in General Talk

I really enjoy watching programs like that. It was several segments.

There's a lot of strange stuff going on these days, much you never hear about.

One has to wonder tho, with everyone walking around with cell phones and iPads, if there is
aliens on this planet, someone is sure to get some good shots soon.

Selfies - Dangerous? » Post #13

Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:14 in General Talk

@ Jose

I watched a documentary recently on Amazon Prime about that. I found it very interesting
and very unusual....kind of scary. I can't remember the name of it but it left me wanting
to see more but there was no more....hated when it ended. The name was something like
'when hunters go missing' or something like that.

What he was getting at, is that maybe some were alien abduction.

There was the one woman that was found curled up in a fetal position. Actually displayed
a photo of that. She did not have her shoes on.

There was the older man that knew the woods well, lived there all his life, knew everything
about hunting. He went hunting with at least 4 other men, and they had a routine to split
up, each knowing the others location. That way if a deer ran one way, the other would get
it and so on. Plus, they had phones or some sort of communication. They waited on his
return as they all designated the time to meet back and he did not show up. They thought
he may have been hurt so they walked to his position and he was not there. There was a
massive search and nothing was found of him, ever. Nothing.

There was that strange case, I think you were mentioning in which a young man went hunting
that did not return. They searched for him and could not find him so the search was called
off. Then a couple that lived in the area, saw a man with his backpack, sitting down across
the field on a hill. When they did finally approach, the man wasn't there, but his shoes and
socks were there and his backpack. I don't recall if his gun was there but I think it said it
wasn't.

All I could think of is, aliens need socks and shoes. :mrgreen:

PS. these are events that happen in very cold weather
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Jan 17, 2021 10:48:54 EST