Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

Prime Deal Days » Post #56

Sat Oct 24, 2020 09:47 in General Talk

There's a 7 part episode program I think you would like.

I kept ignoring it because it is about Roger Ailes, the Fox News executive.

I binge watched and finished it in one day. It was actually interesting.
They really made up Russel Crowe, he plays as Ailes.

It's leaving prime by Nov. 1st so you'll have to watch it fast.

Leaves in 8 days:
Watch The Loudest Voice, Season 1 | Prime Video

Food Shortages - USA » Post #21

Sat Oct 24, 2020 08:31 in General Talk

Well I dunno Darkstar2. If we get a president that wants to shut down the entire country,
we'll be lucky to get anything!

The problem in the USA isn't about 'food shortage' per se. At least not yet since our agriculture
is great. It's getting that food to the manufacturers and then having people process that food
and then getting the food to the stores.

If people are not working, businesses and manufacturers are closed, then that becomes the issue.

This is what are president is trying to get across to the people. You can't shut down the entire
country because that will lead to a Great Depression. Instead, we must learn to do some things
differently.

We all know that the younger people are, the chances of death is severely low. We know that
those with health conditions and the elderly are more susceptible. Each of us must make our
decisions. THIS is what our president is saying. He does not want to tell people they MUST
wear a mask. He leaves a lot up to each individual STATE.

For example, myself. I am responsible for me. I am not in the younger generation. I have
high blood pressure and heart murmurs. The responsibility to myself is to stay at home mostly
and not mingle around in gatherings. If I go to the doctor....which I did just yesterday, I wear
mask and gloves. I do occasionally go to Walmart or another store and always I wear mask
and gloves. I order many products online and that saves me time when I am physically in the
store. If I get tired of being inside my house, I simply go outside. I can do yard work, sit
on the front porch, sit on the back deck, rake the yard, pot a plant, walk the dog around the
yard, etc. I can talk to the neighbors across the yard. I can talk to people that walk down
the street past my house. I can communicate over the phone, I can work on the internet, I
can send and receive emails, I can watch tv, I can clean my house, I can cook, I can live just
find and dandy. THIS IS what our president is saying....

We must each make our own decision as to how we best handle this pandemic in order to
keep ourselves safe.

My son, he has had his job/work the entire time. No shut downs at the plant he works at.
My daughter that works at home, medical transcriptionist, no problems with her work.
My daughter that is a speech therapist for a school system......yes she has suffered some
issues due to the school hours, but for the most part, she is still fine job wise.

Now bring in a new USA president that wants to shut down the entire country and give
everything freely to everyone. Dare I mention he looks like the walking dead. Many of
us in the USA has a lot of fear of him. We're afraid he will:

Cut our Social Security - This is because he wants to place money other places and that
will result in taking money from those who need it the most. ME and others like me. We
worked all of our lives and paid into social security. This guy wants to reduce the retirement
age to 60 and that means even less to those of us that are on SS now. Dare I mention cuts
to SSI (Supplemental Social Income), SDI (Social Disability Income).

Take us to War - This guy simply lacks what it takes to associate with country leaders. In
fact, he has made very strong warnings and threats to other countries.

Great Depression - If he shuts down the country, what does that mean for ALL countries?
Believe me, it won't just be the USA that suffers.

Health Care - He wants to keep ObamaCare. The way his plans go, the State Medicaid
programs will suffer. In reality, this means millions of American's won't receive State
Aid for health care and those on government SSI and/or SDI will receive less too.

Climate - He wants to say he won't stop fracking but he plainly stated more than once
he would. Personally, I don't agree with fracking. But our current president has allowed
it and that has kept our gasoline at the pumps from rising and we're doing well without
trades from other countries. He wants to spend a lot of money on wind and alternative
energy and he says it will put more Americans to work. He wants to take us back into
the Paris agreement. These things is going to cost a lot of money and when all is said
and done, the climate will not be one iota better.

There's a lot more but I will stop there. I am just telling you some things that may
happen and why many of us in the USA choose to stay with our goofy present president.
For those of you in India, Canada, Australia, China, UK, and all across the globe....who
we have as president in America, affects YOU too.

Many people in the USA want to make this pandemic a political thing. It really isn't.
As an American, I truly believe that each of us is responsible for our own life and how
we choose to live it. We must abide by the law but we do have the right to choose
who we put into offices that make those laws. We get into our cars and put our seat
belts on for protection. Why wouldn't we all be glad to do the same with masks? I
will tell you why. Because many people want to make it a political thing and instead
of doing what they can to protect themselves and others.....just like that seatbelt, they
want to make an issue out of it which has in fact led to sickness and death to themselves
and to others.

Man stalkes by Mountain Lion ( Utah) » Post #28

Fri Oct 23, 2020 18:26 in General Talk

Well, it's not really difficult to build a house. In fact, if you can build the house yourself,
you can save a ton of money.

My husband was a contractor and we built a new house together. I hung insulation, dry wall,
flooring, and more. We dug the footers and everything. He even ran the electric but he was
not allowed to do the final hookup of course. Electrician was called in to inspect the wiring,
and then hook it up. We went with a metal roof and hired roofers. We also hired window
installers. So we hired some help but we did most of it ourselves.

I know a lot of people that never had any formal training in construction that could build a
house. I guess just knowledge passed down through the generations. My husbands father
built houses so that is how he learned. My grandfather could build a house and remodeled
and built additions on.

Yeah, a lot of house were built with solid oak back then and if taken care of can last longer
and withstand more than many built today.

In the rural area (country) people tend to have septic tanks. Plumbing is run from the septic
tank to the house, primarily bathrooms. In many areas, it is against the law not to run it to
the washer/kitchen also. There is a clean out on the tank. For say a couple of people, it
probably would only need cleaned out about every 7 to 10 years. For a family, probably
every 4 or 5 years.

No, actually, like I said, my husband ran all the wiring. All of it and it was a LOT. But we
did have the electrician do the inspection and hook up.

In cities and towns, people don't have individual septic tanks. People much pay the sewage.
Just like water and trash. In the country, people have well water. They have their own
well. Today most areas even rural, have trash pick up but there are places that don't and
they burn their own trash and/or at some point take it to the local dump.

I won't drink city water. I'll drink well water but not city water. Since I live in town now, I
buy bottled water.

People choose to buy house insurance or not. It is up to them. If they have a mortgage/loan
then the mortgage/loan company is going to force insurance.

I could build a house myself. BUT I couldn't because I'd get tired. :mrgreen: What I am
saying is, I know how.

Yep, they really need to teach children more life skills.

Food Shortages - USA » Post #16

Fri Oct 23, 2020 18:01 in General Talk

Ethiopia had the locusts this month. The people were already starving and now, they
have even far less.

Every time we turn the page in the USA, there is another cop that has shot a black person.

I don't think the cops have enough consistent training.

You know, when you graduate from college or any profession, that is not the end of your
learning. Whether you are a doctor or a nurse or a fire fighter or an artist or a programmer
or anything else. I don't think the police in the USA are having enough constant training.
It should be weekly training for them. That means class room discussions, enacting, etc.

BUT it truly is NOT just black people. White people are killed by cops every day too, not
to mention other races. That's why I for the most part do not see it as a racist thing so
much as it is a lack of education and consistent training. Dare I mention, some cops have
the IQ of a mule.

Prime Deal Days » Post #55

Fri Oct 23, 2020 17:53 in General Talk

Like I said, their daughter was spoiled and they would do anything for her and
protect her anyway they could. They never took anything into consideration other
than what their daughter told them. Finally, at the end, what could they do? They
knew their daughter's life would go onward but theirs would stop. A lot of irony to
the movie. They daughter lies. She didn't murder. They murdered. The daughter
does not go to jail. The parents will. They wanted to protect their daughter. That
didn't really work because the movie displayed how close she was to her parents
and how much she wanted her mom and dad to be together and all of them as a
family like they used to be. That was not going to happen now and the daughter
would forever be disturbed due to her parents being in jail, death row, etc.

The father of the missing girl felt it was his daughters friend that did something to
his daughter. Because for starters, the parents were acting so weird and were
lying to him say their daughter was at the doctor and he saw she wasn't. And he
said you are covering up for your daughter. So yeah, the movie story line did
everything to make the audience believe the girl killed her friend. What father
wouldn't believe that because of the way they were all acting.

The girl had not been home yet. She had been with her boyfriend. She came to
their house first to tell her friend she was back. But when she entered the garage
she saw the girls parents there. Remember, they told her to go home. She had
not been home yet.

Yep, that is what they wanted to make you think, the daughter was mentally
unstable. She was having problems coping with her parents split and cutting
herself. So here again, this gave way to make the audience further believe that
she was a psycho killer. I even thought that was what would follow....her killing
more people, maybe killing her mom. She had arguments with her mom. Again
another stitch to make you believe she was a psychotic killer. This is why the
parents said, 'there is something wrong with her' because she was watching
cartoons, fixing breakfast, laughing, and seemingly not caring she had just killed
her best friend.

I had absolutely no idea, no thoughts of it being anything other than the daughter
killing her best friend. So the end really was that WOW and OH NO!

Yeah, I really liked the movie. There are tons of movies out today and I do watch
some very good ones from time to time but most don't really grab me or hold my
attention. The Lie is memorable.

1 million reached » Post #3

Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:02 in General Talk

I don't think ySense can do much about PL.

PeanutLabs seems to be in a world of their own, far far away.

Ankiety » Post #14568

Fri Oct 23, 2020 06:28 in Polish

Admin stated that people in all countries are getting paid with PL surveys. He said there is nothing wrong he can see. He said as I said, he would need proof, screenshots, etc of the issue they are experiencing.

Administrator stwierdził, że ludzie we wszystkich krajach zarabiają na ankietach PL. Powiedział, że nie widzi nic złego. Powiedział, jak powiedziałem, że będzie potrzebował dowodu, zrzutów ekranu itp. Dotyczących problemu, którego doświadczają.

Food Shortages - USA » Post #9

Thu Oct 22, 2020 21:32 in General Talk

I think he did well tonight and no, everyone has not voted yet.
I've never known of polls to be all inclusive, far from it.

He came back at Biden very well for most everything stated.

I felt Biden really hurt himself when he tried to act so strong on 'protecting our sovereignty'.
That was bad because the way he came across, he would lead us into war.

Trump came right back more or less pointing that out. That his focus was to have a good
relationship with leaders and that we are not at war.

Every time Biden said he would do this or that, Trump said well why haven't you done it,
you been in office long enough so you didn't do it then you won't do it now.

Anyway, what will be will be and it won't be too long down the road and we'll find out.

Prime Deal Days » Post #53

Thu Oct 22, 2020 21:23 in General Talk

Eh, I never look at rotten tomatoes or critic reviews.

I look at the description, the actors that are in it, watch the trailer if there is one,
then I watch it. If I don't like it a few minutes into it, I simply don't watch it.

I don't expect moves to be real. I think that is where a lot of people get lost in
the idea of a movie. A movie is mostly entertainment.

I'm not sure why 'The Lie' would receive low reviews. I felt it was more than a
3 star movie and actually had more to it than meets the eye. A lot of irony but
I won't spoil it if you intend to watch it.

Prime Deal Days » Post #51

Thu Oct 22, 2020 20:27 in General Talk

I really liked it.

Nothing for the history books but I like a good movie with good actors
that has some drama/mystery/thriller to it. It kept me interested. I
did not know if the movie was going to head into a trial scene or jail
scene or what.

Food Shortages - USA » Post #7

Thu Oct 22, 2020 20:24 in General Talk

I thought the debate was good tonight.

Also, I felt Trump won but of course the other side will say Biden won.

Ankiety » Post #14566

Thu Oct 22, 2020 17:59 in Polish

I've reported it. If you have screen shots and information about the errors, place it here for admin to see.

Zgłosiłem to. Jeśli masz zrzuty ekranu i informacje o błędach, umieść je tutaj, aby administrator mógł je zobaczyć.

Ankiety » Post #14565

Thu Oct 22, 2020 17:54 in Polish

Do you have screen shots of completed surveys? If you do, post the screenshot here, ID number, Reward Amount. I will report it.

Czy masz zrzuty ekranu wypełnionych ankiet? Jeśli tak, opublikuj tutaj zrzut ekranu, numer identyfikacyjny, kwotę nagrody. Zgłoszę to.

Green Puppy - Italy » Post #1

Thu Oct 22, 2020 16:26 in General Talk

Prime Deal Days » Post #49

Wed Oct 21, 2020 20:40 in General Talk

Yep, the next level is the last one thus far.

If you like a thriller movie, there is a new one on Prime 'The Lie'. Good actors. I'll tell
you the jest of it....

Man and Woman are divorced or separated. They have a 15 year old spoiled daughter.
The daughter murders her school friend. The parents try to hide the murder because
they love their daughter and don't want her to go to jail.

I thought it was a really good movie for the type of movie it is. Looks like it only has
three stars but I thought it better than that. I would give it closer to 4 stars simply
because it kept me interested all the way through.
Watch The Lie | Prime Video

There is an older 2011, it's not that one and probably nothing like the one above.

Food Shortages - USA » Post #5

Wed Oct 21, 2020 20:31 in General Talk

A lot of people in the States are very upset at Pelosi because she is holding out on the
stimulus check. She wants this and she wants that and won't go with the agreement.
In the mean time, people are having a very tough go at surviving thru this.

Man stalkes by Mountain Lion ( Utah) » Post #26

Wed Oct 21, 2020 20:20 in General Talk

HaHa! No he was not in construction. He was a farmer but he knew how to build a house.
No, people did not need permits to build a house or anything on their own land back then.
In fact, in the county I don't know of any where one needs a permit today to build on their
own land. Inside the city limits....they want you to get a permit for everything.

It was and still is, a ranch style house. No upstairs, no downstairs. I would say, probably
about 2400 sq foot. 3 bedroom. Parents room, boys room, girls room. Bath room, huge
day room/dinning room, kitchen, laundry, and living room.

They had bunk beds in both the boys and the girls bedrooms. So in essence, each of
the two kids bedrooms slept 8. I suppose the two youngest may have slept in the parents
room, I am not sure but that would not have happen long since the two oldest were
out of the house by that time.

He and his brother were in the war. His brother was killed in the war and he was injured
with a bad leg. I don't recall if it was bullets or what but back then they could not take
it out so he always dragged one leg a bit when he walked.

They really don't and never have taught much in schools about real life and how to live
it. At a young age they should teach the value of money and how to invest wisely. A
lot of things they don't teach in school that would be much more welcomed to a lot of
kids when they become adults.

Food Shortages - USA » Post #3

Wed Oct 21, 2020 20:07 in General Talk

I have a tendency to keep things well stocked.

My best friend I grew up with as a kid is polish. Her parents kept a well stocked basement
and I always thought that was so cool. Guess it got etched into my brain because I do the
same. I think they did it due to Hitler and the Great Depression.

Man stalkes by Mountain Lion ( Utah) » Post #24

Wed Oct 21, 2020 17:44 in General Talk

They had over 500 acres and a large brick house that the dad built. At the time he built it, he had
no idea they would have ten children.

Well, like I said, I never gave it thought back then about the one bathroom. I am guessing they
probably had an outhouse. They had cows, corn, tobacco. They probably had a vegetable garden
too but I don't remember it. I'd guess they probably had an outhouse because with that many in
the family, one would just about need to have something extra.

One might wonder why he did not build an additional bathroom. So I guess, however they worked
it, they did not have the need for it.

The kids were very staggered. In other words the oldest was a girl and the second oldest was a
boy that became my husband. So the two oldest children were out of the house first...my husband
being 19 years old. The youngest was only about two or three years old when we married. The
one up from that was about seven years old.

No, their bathroom did not stink. :lol:

If they had not had all those children they would have certainly been wealthy! It's expensive
raising children at any time frame in history. The dad worked all day and then came home and
worked in the fields. He had a very good job, State job working in a National Park.

Good family. Good people. They lived a good life.

In areas where over population is a huge matter, something truly must be done about it. Yes,
I think education is most important.

Food Shortages - USA » Post #1

Wed Oct 21, 2020 15:07 in General Talk

I was at Walmart yesterday and today, there are many items out of stock.

Hey, guess what? Food shortages are coming back!

Great Value (Walmart brand soups) canned soups WERE $0.50 and I noticed a couple
of weeks ago they have raised their price to $0.76 a can.

Just saying, some products have raised prices and less on the shelf.
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Jan 23, 2021 05:50:24 EST