Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

Man stalkes by Mountain Lion ( Utah) » Post #36

Wed Oct 28, 2020 07:57 in General Talk

Well that's really odd to me. I've never seen a window like that before. You say it has
to do with pressure? You know what, since they are double pane, I wonder if it has to do
with moisture control. Because double pane windows can get moisture in-between the
glass and when that happens there really isn't anything that can be done about it. I just
betcha it has something to do with preventing moisture between the glass. That's pretty
smart if that is the purpose.

I never experienced any issues with metal roofing. When it rains, yes we could hear it
but it was not much different than hearing it hit a shingle roof. Never saw dented metal
roofing, not even on old barn roofs.

I guess metal roofing is treated for rust prevention. You can get the metal in various
colors. Some people have red or green or black or chocolate brown, or copper, or white
or grey that seems to be the most popular colors. So to tell you the truth, I don't know if
they would rust or not. I just assume they would after many years if they weren't painted
if rusting starts. Makes me think of old barn roofs that are rusted. I have seen old house
trailers with metal rusted roofing.

Prime Deal Days » Post #73

Wed Oct 28, 2020 07:33 in General Talk

Yes, it was a holographic image of Jackson. I couldn't think of the name until you stated it.
But it was solid, not ghostly.

There might be some Letterman on Prime. I don't know, have not looked yet. I'd like to
see some Tom Snyder too. With Tom, it would depend on who he was interviewing in regards
if I wanted to watch.

Prime Deal Days » Post #71

Tue Oct 27, 2020 20:00 in General Talk

I guess I've seen every movie Steve Martin was in.
Planes Trains and Automobiles is a Christmas time favorite. Ranks up there with Christmas Story
and Christmas Vacation.

Well there are many people that say, Martin was not a big drinker. It was became part of his act
and appeal. I tend to believe that was probably true. Of course I don't know.

I watched an episode tonight that was Gary Shandling's first appearance. He did a stand up
comedy routine and did not sit, left immediately. Carson, he is going to be big. He was. I
forget about many of the entertainment people. You know, they just disappear from the mind
when you don't hear or see them. Gary even had his own tv show.

I think you read a lot of gossip columns. There is no way that anyone could get Carson
canceled.

I don't know when the VCR was invented but I do know that no one had them that I knew of, in
the 60's nor the 70's. There may have been some around in the late 70's, I don't remember. I
remember cassette players, seemed everyone had those. I can't remember anyone having vcr's
at that time.

No, the Michale Jackson was not an impersonator. It was like he was actually there on stage.
I don't know how they did it. It was on TV.

Carson wasn't disposable. He practically owned the network and could have if he wanted to.
You may read a bunch of crap because crap sells but that is all it is, a bunch of junk. He was
not liable for anyone that came on the show whether they were drunk or not drunk or acted
out in anyway that someone may not have liked. The man retired because he was old, had
been working since he was 15 years old, had did the tonight show since 1962, his health was
not that great any more, and like most people that are reaching 70 years of age, they want
to spend time doing other things instead of working.

Anyway, it's interesting to watch the old Carson tonight shows. On Prime, they are all mixed up.
Every time I watch one that says 1985 series, each episode will give the date before it starts and
they are like Jun3, 1973, June 13, 1974, Aug 10, 1983, for example. I guess each one of those
compiled of the best episodes or like the one with the animals, all the animal shows, ones with
new comedians perhaps like Shandling and Chase, etc.

Indian members » Post #5

Tue Oct 27, 2020 06:52 in General Talk

In PayPal you have the option to transfer an amount to your bank by
entering how much you want to transfer. I've never known PayPal to
automatically take all your money and transfer it to your bank.

Man stalkes by Mountain Lion ( Utah) » Post #34

Tue Oct 27, 2020 06:45 in General Talk

I think I know what you are talking about. The hole is a very tiny pin hole? I never thought
about those before but I can remember windows at the very bottom, metal area, in the middle
having a tiny pin hole. Seems like those would be for suction when opening/closing the window.
Or simply the way the windows are manufactured thru a machine. I don't really know. Never
thought about it.

You're referring to an iron ground hand pump. Often they may be located in an open area, a
field for various purposes such as feed/water livestock and some times near barns. My guess
is the taste may have been metallic due to the iron. The yellow color may also have been due
to the iron. It may have been a shallow well. In the old days they used a lot of iron. A lot
of cast iron in building houses too, especially for septic pipes. Later in years a lot of copper
was used for water pipes. Copper has become so expensive that now PVC is generally used.

Naw, metal roofing really is not louder. A lot of people say that but it really isn't. It might
be if you have a flat roof with no attic, no insulation. I've never known of a metal roof to
get dents in it. If a tree fell on it, maybe. If would have to be some very cheap metal
roofing for it to get dents. Hail does not hurt it either. There is only one thing that I see
bad about metal roofing and that is rust if the owner does not maintain it. In other words
over the years the metal roofing may in places rust. You've no doubt seen that at least
barns with rusty metal roofs. But, talking about many years, just like an old metal barn roof,
it may rust in areas. The good thing however, the owner can paint the metal roof. So if
rusting does begin at any point, it can be maintained by painting.

Prime Deal Days » Post #69

Tue Oct 27, 2020 06:22 in General Talk

I do remember that one. Steve Martin was so funny back then and he was on Carson a lot.

There is one time Martin was on and did the King Tut dance. He was rather famous for that.
It's probably on YouTube. He really was a 'wild and crazy guy'.

Well as Carson stated on his show more than once 'this is a family show'. Although it came
on during school nights, many kids stayed up to watch it. Back then you could not record it
so you either watched it or miss out or happen to catch a rerun.

I don't know. I don't think I would care for a VR show. You know there was a music show
not long ago that had Michael Jackson on. It really looked like he was there live on stage.

There's no way they would have ever fired Carson. None at all. If you ever heard or read
anything like that, it is nothing more than fake news. I think Carson could have came on
naked and they would not fire him. The station made millions of dollars and commercial
time slots was difficult to get because all companies wanted to advertise during his show.

Those days are gone and there is not any type of shows that come even close to those
any more. I don't watch any of those late night shows. They are all stupid.

The days of Carson, Snyder, Letterman, are gone. That's it. :cry:

Food Shortages - USA » Post #56

Mon Oct 26, 2020 20:09 in General Talk

That's why you take the gloves off and wash your hands.

Prime Deal Days » Post #67

Mon Oct 26, 2020 20:04 in General Talk

Yep, I watched the one with Dean just the other night.

Many of them I have watched over the years when he was on. Some I can
remember while watching it or bits and pieces of it.

He retired because he was 66 years old and had put in his 30 years. Also
his health was beginning to falter. He had emphysema.

Man stalkes by Mountain Lion ( Utah) » Post #32

Mon Oct 26, 2020 19:54 in General Talk

Actually, it can be a bit opposite. If you don't have good insulation and ventilation,
humidity and mold may form.

If you insulate your house well, you won't have air coming thru the outside walls
to the switch plates and outlets. Same goes for windows. You shouldn't feel air
coming through a window unless it is open.

I never heard of a breathing hole at the bottom of windows. That must be something
unique to Canada?

Well, that is insane the cost of installing insulation there. I suppose blown insulation
is more expensive, I don't know. But fiberglass sheets of insulation is not so costly
and anyone can install it easily. All you need is a carpet blade and a staple gun.

The fiberglass rolls here, for 2x4 walls, is about $20 per roll for 24 foot.

We preferred a metal roof.

It sounds like you may have been drinking from a cistern.

There's actually not a way to drink directly from a well. What we have is pumps that
pump the water into the pipes to the house. There are various pumps depending on
the various sizes of wells. Some wells are very deep and need a deep well pump.

Funny story. The pump went out and it was time for us to buy a new pump and we
need and we had the plumbers come out and install it and do the connections to the
new house. After that, one of the showers would not work. The shower head would
leak just a little drizzle of water when turned on. We called the plumbers back out
there because we figured they must have hooked up something wrong. Turns out,
after they removed the shower head, behind it, was a cigarette butt filter. We all
guessed that someone when working to install the pump, toss their cigarette butt
into the well or nearby and it fell in.

Food Shortages - USA » Post #48

Mon Oct 26, 2020 15:14 in General Talk

So you're saying we should step out in front of a bus. :shock:

HaHa! » Post #1

Mon Oct 26, 2020 14:31 in Polish

Problem z OpinionWorld nie aktywny » Post #3

Mon Oct 26, 2020 14:27 in Polish

Mogą nad tym pracować, więc sugeruję spróbować później.

Food Shortages - USA » Post #46

Mon Oct 26, 2020 14:21 in General Talk

A guy walks into a doctors office and sits down. He is wearing a disposable mask.
He sneezes several times and coughs. In fact, one time he lowers his mask to blow
his nose. He then pulls his mask back over his face. As he sits there, his arms are
resting on the arms of the chair. Impatiently, he runs his hands back and forth on
the smooth material of the arm rest. He picks up a magazine and flips through it.
A few more times, he sneezes, coughs, lowers his mask to blow his nose. The nurse
comes to the door and calls his name. Off he goes into the doctors office where he
is given covid tests. He is positive for covid-19.

In the mean time, a woman enters the doctor waiting room and has a seat in the
same chair the infected man was sitting in. She is wearing a mask. She rests her
arms on the chair arms. She flips through the same magazine the infected man
flipped through. One of her eyes feels like an eyelash is in it. She reaches up and
rubs her eye several times. Soon, her name is called to see the doctor. She reaches
the door and grabs the same door handle the infected man handled. After leaving
the doctors office, she walks to the receptionist and ask for her paper work. She
has to sign papers and her hands are on the desk, same desk the infected man
went to before he left. As she waves goodbye, she tells everyone to have a great
day.

Although each patient above wore masks, neither wore gloves.

Now I ask you, would you wear gloves or would you not?

When I get back into my vehicle after being at the doctor or Walmart or some where
else, I remove my mask, remove my gloves, and reach for my canister that contains
antibacterial hand wipes. I wipes my hands and my forearms.

I'm in my 60's and I am not a complete fool.

PS. The same goes for shopping in Walmart or any where else. I say, wear disposable
gloves. What does it hurt to wear them? What does it hurt if you don't wear them???

Prime Deal Days » Post #65

Mon Oct 26, 2020 14:04 in General Talk

No, they were not firing him. He was set to retire and he did. There may have been
people to make up stories about his retirement but there was nothing strange about it.

The Carson shows displayed on Prime, are sort of mixed in regards to dates. For example
I clicked to watch one listed as 1985 but the first in that series is dated June 1973 and
they discussed what they got for Valentines Day. The second one in that series is June
1974. They're compiled oddly. They are fun and interesting even after all these years.
Steve Martin was on one and he still had his brown hair. The other one had George Forman.
It was shortly after he whipped Fraiser.

I would prefer to watch them in order but it doesn't really matter.

Food Shortages - USA » Post #39

Mon Oct 26, 2020 09:32 in General Talk

Early or late, I won't say how much it mattered or matters in that regard.

The fact is, we all have it and until we get a vaccine for it, it will continue.

At our local Walmart, there is signs before entering 'all customers and associates must wear face coverings/masks'.
Not exact words but something like that. Well, at least a third or more of the people in Walmart, are not wearing a mask. Even the employees/associates AND manager will have them down around their neck at times.

And I must tell you this. I feel like I am the only person that wears disposable gloves. My
sister even says 'Why?' when I get onto her about wearing the gloves. So, I was at the doctor
office just a couple of days ago and the nurse or nurse assistant said, 'why are you wearing gloves?'
Before I could answer she said 'well it's good to take extra precaution I guess'. I replied, I am not
taking extra precaution. If I was taking extra precaution you would see me in a hazmat suit and
helmet. She laughed. I went on to tell her that we still don't know how everyone truly gets this
virus and to especially go into a doctor waiting room, touch door handles, touch seat arms, touch
whatever, I AM GOING TO WEAR GLOVES!.

Here's the thing about the Northern heavy populated areas like New York with the heavy sick and
death count. They have been moving away from New York and many people across the States are
moving into less populated rural areas. So now, our rural areas are beginning to see the covid
rates increase!

I've got to go back to doc today to give them more of my blood. I'm showing anemia. Guess I'll
be eating iron pills, I suspect.

Prime Deal Days » Post #62

Mon Oct 26, 2020 07:14 in General Talk

I started out and still watching, the Johnny Carson Animals. I forget the title at the moment
but it is full episodes in which each has animals come on the show. Usually it's Joan Embry
from the zoo or Tom Fowler or someone else. I assume I still have a lot of episodes to watch
in that because the main animal guy has not been on there yet....I forget his name but he is
very popular or was.

Carson retired. It really is that simple. He was host of the tonight show for 30 years and he
was 66 years old when he retired. It was not a spur of the moment thing or any kind of secret
behind it. He had planned to retire after 30 years in and at retirement age.

I have added several sets of series of the show to my watch list. I am not sure that all 30
years are listed but many are.

He helped many people over all those years reach stardom. Many unknowns like Joan Rivers,
for example.

Yep, Letterman was good.

Tom Snyder was too. Snyder was a trip in and of himself. His show was really good but it
was strictly a talk show but an extremely good one. He was into model trains and cars:

From wikipedia:

When Snyder left The Late Late Show in 1999, David Letterman gave him a white 1960 Cadillac Series 62 convertible as a going-away present.[13]

Man stalkes by Mountain Lion ( Utah) » Post #30

Sun Oct 25, 2020 21:59 in General Talk

We finished building the house about 3 years before he died.

Insulation is not an overly expense here. Not fiberglass insulation. I'd have to look it up
at Lowes or HomeDepot because I don't remember what we paid per roll. It's no problem
to hang. We did place it in the ceiling too which is a little more strenuous and itchy to do
but not too bad. Some people only hang it at the outer walls. We chose to hang it in all
the walls. Just makes the house a little more easy on sound.

Drywall is not difficult to hang if you have a manual machine, it helps a lot. We had the
very tall heavy drywall and we had no problem hanging it. We also put it on the ceilings
and we use a manual machine to raise the sheet to the ceiling. There is a bit of an art to
the sanding, however.

I think most the old houses in the USA have insulation. Depends on how old the house is
and it's location in the States. In many very old houses they used solid heavy oak to build
the house and for insulation they used newspapers. Lots and lots of newspapers. It can
be interesting tearing down an old wall to find old newspapers. Interesting to read. :lol:

Yep, that is what I am saying, labor is expensive. Therefore if you can do the labor yourself,
you can save a huge amount of money.

Depends on where you buy the material and what the tax's are in the State you live in.
Unfortunately, we lived in one of the highest sales tax States. Tennessee. Sales tax is
almost 10%. That adds up to a lot and quickly when buying materials.

Septic tanks are actually better. In other words, if you have your own septic tank, you are
not going to be paying the city a sewage fee. Well, it's actually very simple. Dig a hole,
insert a septic tank. Run your plumbing from the septic to the house. Most septic tanks
are made of concrete or some type of fiberglass. They usually have one or more clean out
plugs. The tank is covered over with dirt and the clean out plug is near the top of the ground.
Some people choose to have the clean out plug exposed a bit above the ground. The reason
is, it's easy to find the plug when comes a time to clean it out. It's better however, to have
the plug some bit under the dirt so you won't run over it by accident with lawn mower. The
tanks usually have an overflow at one end. If the tank becomes full, it will begin to seep
out into the ground at one end. Septic companies clean out the septic tanks. As I stated
above, it depends on the size of the family, what is running into the septic tank, in regards
to how often one should have it emptied/cleaned out. What those companies do with the
waste, I couldn't say but no doubt they have a legal way to expose of it.

Well water is the best water and best tasting water you can drink. Not to be confused with
a cistern or a bad land/run off area.

I live in town so I have city water, city sewage, city trash pickup, all on one monthly bill.
I don't drink the city water. I buy bottled water.

Yep, insurance and tax's eat away at the pocket book. House Insurance, Car Insurance,
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, City Property Tax, County Property
Tax, and so it goes and goes and goes.

Prime Deal Days » Post #60

Sun Oct 25, 2020 21:19 in General Talk

I don't know if I was born yet when the movie came out or not.

The point I was making is, it's an excellent movie for back then and for now.

Talking about children being spoiled and child serial killers made me think of it.

It may be on prime, not sure but I am pretty sure there is a colorized version.

I am watching Johnny Carson on Prime and it's like an interesting fun history book.
A 1974 episode he was talking about the long lines at the gas pumps in California.
They could only have 4 gallons and it was a whopping $0.53 a gallon. They thought
that high price of gasoline was outrageous! :lol:

Prime Deal Days » Post #58

Sat Oct 24, 2020 21:54 in General Talk

You probably never saw 'The Bad Speed'. It came out in 1956.

The first time I watched it on TV, I was about ten years old.

It was in black and white I think but it seems like it did come out colorized. I'm not sure.
Seems many years later when I watched it, it was in color.

But it is an excellent movie.

I favor the old classics because the acting was so much better. Actors back then, had to
really work. They didn't have all the moving cameras, computer tricks like they do today.

Trailer:
The Bad Seed (1956) Official Trailer - Nancy Kelly, Patty McCormack Movie HD - YouTube

Prime Deal Days » Post #56

Sat Oct 24, 2020 09:47 in General Talk

There's a 7 part episode program I think you would like.

I kept ignoring it because it is about Roger Ailes, the Fox News executive.

I binge watched and finished it in one day. It was actually interesting.
They really made up Russel Crowe, he plays as Ailes.

It's leaving prime by Nov. 1st so you'll have to watch it fast.

Leaves in 8 days:
Watch The Loudest Voice, Season 1 | Prime Video
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Jan 15, 2021 12:57:41 EST